Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons (23093 Views)

Dino Melaye And His Cars' Number Plates / Funds Looted From Nigeria In Last 5 Years Can Service 3 Annual Budgets – EFCC / 2016 Budgets By States In Nigeria.................check Your States Own. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Luvdmx(m): 4:06am On Sep 26, 2014
undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by link2ok(m): 4:09am On Sep 26, 2014
Sincerely wen eva I hear d national anthem I weep @d situation of tins in this country. But re we to blame the past (Obasanjo n co), Present (Goodluck n co) or Future (Me n co). Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Baawaa(m): 4:11am On Sep 26, 2014
422 million naira for plates,spoons,fixing of curtains. That is gab between the poor and the rich.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by j4sure(m): 4:19am On Sep 26, 2014
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by OAUTemitayo: 4:21am On Sep 26, 2014
PDP Power
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by maafen: 4:39am On Sep 26, 2014
Samiceman: Just wanna milk the state dry before leaving office.... There should be a body that regulates such spendings in Nigeria.... God bless Nigeria
Yes there is debt management office but their share is also there so they ve got †☹ look tђε̲̣̣̣̥ other way so as †☹ get their share. ℓ remember Bankole took a loan φf N10B three days before he Left office so it didn't start with GEJ either as you said though he does nothing about them which †☹ me is a tacit approval. ℓ weep Fø̲̣̣я Nigeria's poor masses.
MrKnowitall: And so what? What about Jonathan's food budget of $10 million?

Hes just learning from the master: the honorable useless Jonathan.

You people need to stop complaining about nonsensical.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by all4gud(m): 4:39am On Sep 26, 2014
This is very funny. Milk your state dry before you leave office

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 4:41am On Sep 26, 2014
martyns303: Until we stand up and say enough! Thats how we will keep hearing news like this. If this kind of news is not enough to anger anyone, nothing else will. For all those saying "it's none of my business". It is your business, and it is your money and someone is spending it anyhow. 25 million for one person to buy a car at the expense of the Govt? Look at the kind of things listed, curtains? It is like they were looking for ways to just make the money accumulate, lets add plates, add spoon, add pin. Am literally pulling my hair out right now. The expense of running the Govt. Is toooooo much. Can you imagine how many schools, hospitals, roads, libraries and other infrastructures this money could provide? And when countries like South Africa and Ghana address us as fools we complain. Is this not madness? Are we anything less than fools for letting something like this happen? Do you even have food? And someone is spending that much on just plates and spoons with money that belongs to you and I. Dammit.

Sadly, Nigerians passes through the wall when pushed to the wall rather than turning around to confront their aggressor.

I put the blame on the citizens for failing to rise up and put an end to this madness.

Majority even supports these criminals either on religious ground, tribal considerations and political party affiliation.

Seems Nigeria is gonna bleed to death With no respite in site.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Omen100(m): 4:46am On Sep 26, 2014
I haven't done this b4 & I hv 2 do it, I need 2 book space moderator,

Thank U.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by piroh(m): 4:56am On Sep 26, 2014
They call it 'mop up' Its ridiculous. The change will deserve will only come when we decide to react positiveely at the polls with one voice irrespective of tribe and religion

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Billygee2u: 4:57am On Sep 26, 2014
haba,my people's treasure have been looted dry and the youths are only ranting on enternet.God help Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by maafen: 4:57am On Sep 26, 2014
byrron:

Sadly, Nigerians passes through the wall when pushed to the wall rather than turning around to confront their aggressor.

I put the blame on the citizens for failing to rise up and put an end to this madness.

Majority even supports these criminals either on religious ground, tribal considerations and political party affiliation.

Seems Nigeria is gonna bleed to death With no respite in site.

I put the blame on the citizens for failing to rise up and put an end to this madness. Rotimi Amaechi,2014

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Shankboye(m): 5:03am On Sep 26, 2014
byrron: http://www.punchng.com/news/plateau-budgets-n442m-for-plates-spoons/

With barely six months to the end of the administration, the Plateau State Government has sent a supplementary budget of N23.4bn to the state House of Assembly for consideration and approval.

In the proposed budget, according to the estimates obtained from the state House of Assembly on Thursday, supply and fixing of curtains, blinds, customised cutleries and other items at the new Government House would be awarded to a foreign firm at the cost of N442, 289, 600.00.

Road networks, purchase of official vehicles and other projects at the new Government House at Little Rayfield are also expected to gulp N4.2bn.

Other items to be covered by the supplementary budget are procurement of a Toyota Land Cruiser model vehicle for the Chief Judge of Plateau State, at the cost of N25, 625, 675. 68 and a Toyota Corolla for the Chief Registrar, Plateau State Judiciary, at the cost of N7, 545, 398, 68.

Also, the completion of existing road projects all over the state, the office of the SSG at the new Government House and provision of infrastructure and office equipment at the new office of the Board of Internal revenue is expected to gulp N13bn, while N1.5bn was budgeted to the state water board.

The rest of the estimates computed and collated from all ministries, agencies and departments of government were put at N12, 400, 979, 524. 00.

The Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mrs. Olivia Dazem said that the budget was born out of the need to complete existing projects before the exit of the present administration.

She said, “In view of the need to meet additional developmental efforts of the present administration in project execution, a supplementary budget in respect of some ministries, agencies and departments have become very necessary.”

na iron spoon na, so what's d big deal?
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by udemzyudex(m): 5:08am On Sep 26, 2014
MrKnowitall: And so what? What about Jonathan's food budget of $10 million?

Hes just learning from the master: the honorable useless Jonathan.

You people need to stop complaining about nonsensical.
$10 million? mehn for ur mind you dey yarn something reasonable not knowing that u're posting trash...

Back to the topic...

Most of this Hausa people don't use spoon and plate to eat,they use their hands and the government is trying to show them love..

The money is on the high side thats just the problem i have with that.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by soulglo: 5:09am On Sep 26, 2014
SMH
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by nerodenero: 5:15am On Sep 26, 2014
A lost nation where everything and anything goes.Even the dead Nigerians would be happy to have left a hell on earth.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 26, 2014
A govt wit misplaced priorities
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:20am On Sep 26, 2014
He is just taking after his boss, Jonathan, who budgets billions for meal and ogogoro.

4 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by englishmart(m): 5:30am On Sep 26, 2014
Stealing openly..
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 26, 2014
maafen:

Fixed
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by ofala(m): 5:40am On Sep 26, 2014
.......and the State Water Board (that may benefit the masses,if at all), gets paltry N1.5B....
This can not be true anyway BUT if it is...
When will Nigerians start asking REAL QUESTIONS on issues like this?
Truth is that if these thieving Politicians know that they will be questioned by the masses, they will steal with caution instead of the BOLD LOOTING we are witnessing from every cadre of government,presently

martyns303: Until we stand up and say enough! Thats how we will keep hearing news like this. If this kind of news is not enough to anger anyone, nothing else will. For all those saying "it's none of my business". It is your business, and it is your money and someone is spending it anyhow. 25 million for one person to buy a car at the expense of the Govt? Look at the kind of things listed, curtains? It is like they were looking for ways to just make the money accumulate, lets add plates, add spoon, add pin. Am literally pulling my hair out right now. The expense of running the Govt. Is toooooo much. Can you imagine how many schools, hospitals, roads, libraries and other infrastructures this money could provide? And when countries like South Africa and Ghana address us as fools we complain. Is this not madness? Are we anything less than fools for letting something like this happen? Do you even have food? And someone is spending that much on just plates and spoons with money that belongs to you and I. Dammit.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by philantoxx(m): 5:40am On Sep 26, 2014
except they are going to buy golden cutleries
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by anonimi: 5:42am On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: He is just taking after his boss, Jonathan, who budgets billions for meal and ogogoro.

And how much does your LGA chairman and STATE Governor budget for similar things. Do you know

If you don't and you are ONLY focused on the federal administration does it not show you as CLUELESS irrespective of your education? shocked

Perhaps your reference to the president being the boss of a state governor is further evidence of YOUR cluelessness even though you probably think you are very smart angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by tit(f): 5:44am On Sep 26, 2014
englishmart: Stealing openly..

if you do not steal spoon and cup whenever you visit government house, jonah jang will not have opportunity to buy 1 billion naira cutlery.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by slyzy(m): 5:47am On Sep 26, 2014
Zonacom: Jonah jang will not be forgotten by the people of jos. In 8 years he delivered quality capital projects worth every penny spent on them. No amount of media propaganda can change the good this man has done
yes he will not be forgotten for looting the state dry, refusing to open up employment for 7 yrs now, help in bastardising democracy( govs forum election), rigging chairmanship election within the state, inducing nacked tribalism in the state and he will not be forgotten for relocating government house to his village. I can go on and on

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by dude99(m): 5:49am On Sep 26, 2014
Naija sha!Shey they want to eat in heaven ni?I tire ooo!
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by anonimi: 5:50am On Sep 26, 2014
ofala: .......and the State Water Board (that may benefit the masses,if at all), gets paltry N1.5B....
This can not be true anyway BUT if it is...
When will Nigerians start asking REAL QUESTIONS on issues like this?
Truth is that if these thieving Politicians know that will be questioned by the masses, they will steal with caution instead of the BOLD LOOTING we are witnessing from every cadre of government,presently

Many thanks for the highlighted water BUDGET comparison, which most likely may have no correlation with actual EXPENDITURE and resulting IMPACT on the provision of TAP water for all residents of the state.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:54am On Sep 26, 2014
Those plates and spoons they are budgeting for. Are they going to be imported or made of diamond
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by omenka(m): 5:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Jang has done incredibly well in Plateau state and without all that media hype. All one needs to do is travel to the state and see how he has transformed it especially the road network of the city of Jos. He is greatly respected amongst the indigenous people of the state and shouldn't ruin thaat good name in the twilight of his admin.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 26, 2014
And this same state is OWING teachers,civil servants two and a half year salaries
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 26, 2014
Zonacom: Jonah jang will not be forgotten by the people of jos. In 8 years he delivered quality capital projects worth every penny spent on them. No amount of media propaganda can change the good this man has done
waw. He wouldn't be 4gotten for selecting areas to dev along ethnic & religion line

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by searay(m): 6:13am On Sep 26, 2014
donnypool:

na this ones them dey call leaders of tomorrow?

what wrong have they committed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Refinery Repairs End Soon – Enjugu, MD / Supreme Court Upholds Ishaku's Election As Taraba Governor / Yes Daddy: Obi Is A Chronic Liar And Can't Sue For Defamation - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.