Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members (37907 Views)

Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. / Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims / Four Reasons Why Jonathan Surrendered Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by abu12: 7:05am On Sep 26, 2014
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/fed-govt-to-rehabilitate-surrendered-boko-haram-members/

The Federal Government has said it will soon begin the process of rehabilitating and re-radicalising Boko Haram members, who have surrendered their arms and weapons in the last one week.

Coordinator of the National Information Centre Mr. Mike Omeri, who briefed reporters in Abuja yesterday, said religious leaders, the school system as well as residents of the area where the surrendered insurgents were being detained, would assist in the rehabilitation.

The military said 135 Boko Haram members surrendered their weapons in Biu, Borno State, on Tuesday, while 133 others surrendered elsewhere in the Northeast.
Omeri added that any member of the sect apprehended without surrendering his weapons and arms would be brought to justice.
He said the armed forces on ground in the Northeast and most especially in the troubled zone had discovered a winning strategy and would not rest until peace and security were restored.

Omeri urged Nigerians to remain steadfast in their support to ensure that terrorism ended.
He said: “Efforts are ongoing to rehabilitate and re-radicalise the Boko Haram members, who have surrendered their arms in the last one week. Religious leaders, indigenes and the school system will be involved in the rehabilitation.

“The Federal Government has a zero tolerance for terrorism. The armed forces will remain strong, undaunted and motivated in the performance of their duties.
“Nigerians are advised to support the fight, it will not last forever and I believe it will soon end.”

On the abducted Chibok girl, Omeri said the Federal Government was working towards ensuring the eventual release and rescue of the girls.
“It is a global challenge, which Nigeria will soon overcome. The Federal Government is taking measures to rescue them,” he said.

On the issue of one of the abducted girls, who escaped from the Boko Haram custody, police spokesman Emmanuel Ojukwu said on September 24 about 5pm, a girl was seen at Mararaba, Mubi in Adamawa State wandering. He said she was picked up and upon interrogation, it was discovered that she was one of the abducted Chibok girls, who escaped.
“She is undergoing medical treatment after which she will re-unite with her family,” Ojukwu added

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by kekakuz(m): 7:09am On Sep 26, 2014
So what ever happened to justice
what of the thousands they have killed
what of the millions they have stole
what of the hundred they have raped
what of the trillions they have destroyed

o my God is it good

the blood they have been sharing will cry
for justice

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by zizazizu: 7:13am On Sep 26, 2014
So, we pardon these blood thirsty demonic terrorists while the soldiers that fought them on our behalf are being sentenced to death? I tire for GEJ thinking sometimes sha.

I know we are supposed to be human and all that but I mean, come on! Rehabilitate those animals? Is Federal Government now telling us we can do evil and then surrender for them to take care of us? Why do Nigeria always have to be freaking different? When will we learn? After "re-radicalising" these monsters, we now let them back to the streets from whence they came to terrorize us! No! My honest, simple submission? Kill them all! Everyone of them.

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Godsfavour001(m): 7:19am On Sep 26, 2014
its a good move by so doing other members will also surrender and get pardoned and rehabilitated.i also pray d chibok girls should be surrendered to the govt.

23 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by 2cato: 7:45am On Sep 26, 2014
It is a very good idea. I will want to use these opportunity to call out all the APCs Bh on nairaland to sheat their sword and come out for the amnesty. Gej should not use proced from our crud oil fund to help these people rather he should use proceed from groundnut to do that.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by kenbee(f): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2014
I am not in anyway in support of this. What about the wasted innocent souls?

At least, not now!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by CharlieMaria(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2014
Am here to read comments.

8 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by coolvitus(m): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2014
Hmmm am scared oh about ds ppl
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Decapo: 7:47am On Sep 26, 2014
Kill all dis mofos jhor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by lilprinze: 7:47am On Sep 26, 2014
so this is how they would allow of them to go Scot free without judgement this is injustice with the number of innocent people they have killed so the innocent people they have killed don't mean anything to the government

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by lonelydora: 7:47am On Sep 26, 2014
What happens to all the souls they have killed? Your wife was shouting on air "the blood they are sharing" and disgraced you. Have you forgotten so soon? For the sake of your wife's disgrace to you and the Nation, GEJ! no try am.

Is GEJ aware that a new attack was launched on Wednesday and Thursday in Shaffa? I don't want to believe there is a script playing out.

17 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 26, 2014
This news makes the hair on the back of my neck to tingle... Suddenly, their approach towards the captured insurgents is beginning to change, they will surely get applauses and praises from that part of the country for this breathtaking gesture... The script play is right on course.

* Another manifesto point? I don't know yet.

---------------------------------------------
Or on another note, the govt. Is succumbing to pressure of pardoning the demons as it did to the Niger Delta militants were granted sometime ago!

Politicians be evoking Nigerians empathy since 16AD. Smh.

4 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by pabon(m): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2014
Could this be tru?
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by FRANCISEKE1(m): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2014
lonelydora: GEJ! no try am.
He wants the northern vote

16 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by phransix147(m): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
They deserve a second chance I agree but not among where Civil law abiding citizens like us are... Rehabilitate them in Jail please... Don't make me feel crime pays please!

18 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by datguru: 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
I'm not suprised, that's one of the reasons APC niggas call gej clueless

8 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by gbaskiboy: 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Take them to Third mainland bridges and Rehabilitates them
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by kennyonthrone(m): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Nawa ooo doubt if all those people can be rehabilitated nd beside they al have 2 pay for what they have done in the past.....GEJ do me a favour 4 once nd lock up those Mofos,d dnt deserve to mingle with the rest of the society!

1 Like

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by cidieschat(m): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Good Move.. Telling us that carrying arms is the way forward, Militants, nw boko haram....

17 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by yim(f): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
As much as I talk forgiveness, I think they deserve some form of punishment, otherwise one day another set of people will kill thousands and dey will also seek pardon.

6 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Rehabilate,or prosecute?

How to make it big in Nigeria.

1. Become a terrorist- Niger Delta militant, OPC, BokoHaram. Etc.

2. Cause enough havoc,that you will become a threat.

3. You will become a celebrity.

4. Demand for ransom before you surrender.

5. You are made,FG will later recognize you officially.

Very easy,ask Gani Adam,Asari dokubo. Etc.

13 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by since2005(f): 7:49am On Sep 26, 2014
[size=45pt]Nigerian government paying terrorists pension since 1914 while civil servants languish in poverty after retirement!!![/size]

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 26, 2014
They should be killed ASAP...Meanwhile, the newly freed Chibok girl has been confirmed pregnant and mentally unstable...Read the story Here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Lilimax(f): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2014

After all the senseless killings undecided
However, they should make sure they are truly repentant before rehabilitating them embarassed

1 Like

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by jamex93(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2014
No no no no....
These guys shouldn go free
dey have destroyed many......seriously they should b killed.......(#crying)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by omenka(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2014
Nothing pays in Nigeria better than an armed struggle against the government!! Take up arms against the state and see officials falling over themselves to spoil you with goodies!! Protest peacefully for what you know is duly yours and see your assss hurled into jail!!

Naija, I hail thee!!

7 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by sirjohnson(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2014
didadavid: They should be killed ASAP

I concur

2 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 26, 2014
Hmmm for the sake of peace I wont say it. But..........

Anyway.
Masha Allah everything is coming back to normal
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2014
Make I go learn hausa, buy small gun and go and surrender. Mark my words very soon ex- Bokoharam will be sent to the USA and the UK to study counter-insurgency.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by natureblack(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2014
No one has the right to ignite a war and lead an occupation to conquer people,invading them and make them suffer all kinds of torture,murder,expulsion,displacement,kidnapping and bombing by different lethal prohibited weapons and then come back to enjoy REHABILITATION.Very pathetic cry cry cry cry cry cry

Disclaimer;he who lives by the sword should die by the gun.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari: Civil Servants Do Most Of The Work, Ministers Make A Lot Of Noise / 'White Nigerian' Celebrates Nigeria At 59 With His Family (Photo) / Youth Corper Adopts 'Atikulated' As His Name (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.