Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims (3904 Views)

South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members / FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads / FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by realjoker(m): 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
The United Kingdom is expected to donate £6.7 million to provide support for millions of people who have been rendered homeless by Boko Haram in
the North-East ».
This was disclosed by the Press and Public Affairs Officer of the British High Commission in Nigeria, Joseph Abuku via a statement released after a visit by British Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Baroness Anelay .
It reads:
“The Minister will discuss additional humanitarian support that the UK is providing in helping those affected by the fight against Boko Haram.”
“This includes £6.7 million to enable the government of Nigeria, as well as Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), UN agencies and the Red Cross to deliver food assistance, education, sanitation and safe water, shelter material (as well as) other basic necessities.”
“The Minister will meet with the Bring Back Our Girls campaign and reiterate the importance of preventing gender based violence in conflict.”
“She will also visit UK sponsored projects that work to reduce intra-community conflict and violence against women and girls, promote community-government security dialogue and improve access to schooling.”
Meanwhile, the government of Australia also recently donated the sum of $3 million »to victims of the Boko Haram insurgency.

www.pulse.ng/local/boko-haram-uk-to-donate-6-7m-to-support-victims-id4671456.html
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by libertyfather(m): 11:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
Nice one, I pray it goes a long way on what it's meant for in this governance of Change
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by mrvitalis(m): 11:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
For those asking why Buhari travels too much... . Hope u can see some of the effects now?
For sure they won't

10 Likes

Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by Amberon: 12:06am On Feb 11, 2016
two things are involved here

1: the money will either be looted

or

2: many people will claim to be internally displaced just to benefit from this benevolence just like they did during the militancy days. I know a man who claimed to be a militant and was receiving his monthly payment.

1 Like

Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by Okijajuju1(m): 9:01am On Feb 11, 2016
God Save the Queen..

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by cowgirl9090: 9:02am On Feb 11, 2016
And what did he sign in return ? whoever believes Mr. president got this by begging,sympathy or by his integrity must be in for a long thing because the west always seek their own interest first before anything.

He have been travelling up and down and acting like someone controlled by a remote,I hope he hasn't signed his life in Britain!.
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by looseweight: 9:02am On Feb 11, 2016
Cudos to our old colonial master.

Excess ugly fat removal using natural methods is gaining prominence. Click on my signature for more info
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by callJesu: 9:02am On Feb 11, 2016
Changes are really coming
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by preciousMI1(f): 9:02am On Feb 11, 2016
one thing must kill a man...
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by 93RD(m): 9:02am On Feb 11, 2016
So Britain will give us that from thier tax payers wallet? is it for free? or they want to help us with our already dwindling oil in exchange? You can never trust this people you know. grin grin grin
If na free i beg baba need to go back again ooo gringringrin na joke ooooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by lonelydora: 9:02am On Feb 11, 2016
All these help they are giving us, we need to find out what they want in return.

Well, no fear no dey because oil is no longer selling.

Thanks to them though.
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by Nairalandar: 9:03am On Feb 11, 2016
Thats good.
God bless Nigeria my Con3
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by ednut1(m): 9:04am On Feb 11, 2016
in reality. they would take 6.5m convert in to naira and fix it in a bank, use the remaining 200k to buy rice and beans, take pictures and post online . The Nigeria foundation for support of victims of terrorism has 98% of their funds in fixed deposits banks in billions yet pple in IDP are suffering ( my friend manages their account in his bank nd he was appalled dat they hv N7b in fixed deposits and N5m in call account).
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by Johnrake69: 9:05am On Feb 11, 2016
mrvitalis:
For those asking why Buhari travels too much... . Hope u can see some of the effects now?
For sure they won't

What kind of poverty mentally did you just display? He abandoned 21st largest economy with respect to nominal GDP to chase £6 Million. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by erusen: 9:05am On Feb 11, 2016
mrvitalis:
For sure they won't
humanitarian service na travel dey cause am,has buhari visited the idp since he came to power.

2 Likes

Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by pmbluv2015: 9:06am On Feb 11, 2016
realjoker:
The United Kingdom is expected to donate £6.7 million to provide support for millions of people who have been rendered homeless by Boko Haram in
the North-East ».
This was disclosed by the Press and Public Affairs Officer of the British High Commission in Nigeria, Joseph Abuku via a statement released after a visit by British Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Baroness Anelay .
It reads:
“The Minister will discuss additional humanitarian support that the UK is providing in helping those affected by the fight against Boko Haram.”
“This includes £6.7 million to enable the government of Nigeria, as well as Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), UN agencies and the Red Cross to deliver food assistance, education, sanitation and safe water, shelter material (as well as) other basic necessities.”
“The Minister will meet with the Bring Back Our Girls campaign and reiterate the importance of preventing gender based violence in conflict.”
“She will also visit UK sponsored projects that work to reduce intra-community conflict and violence against women and girls, promote community-government security dialogue and improve access to schooling.”
Meanwhile, the government of Australia also recently donated the sum of $3 million »to victims of the Boko Haram insurgency.

www.pulse.ng/local/boko-haram-uk-to-donate-6-7m-to-support-victims-id4671456.html
wailing wailers, oya tell me this is not one of the benefit of PMB travels.
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by 5starmilitant: 9:06am On Feb 11, 2016
mrvitalis:
For sure they won't

I've gone through the news over again, I never saw anywhere they said mentioned Ajala's name. Becos it goodnews now, Ajala is the reason. But if the news was "Britain deport thousands of Nigerians, I know you would have developed soar throat.

Propaganda will do you no good. Desist from it.

1 Like

Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by Johnrake69: 9:06am On Feb 11, 2016
When are we going to realize that the western aids causes more harm than good? The west will sell you arms to go kill yourself and still use part of the proceed from the sale and fund Red cross to come and rescue.
I can't believe that a Nigerian president, governing the 21st largest economy in relation to the nominal GDP. With all the enormous resources that are untapped will be going to beg the western countries that have depleted their natural resources. cry cry... cry

1 Like

Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by Brymo: 9:07am On Feb 11, 2016
touché
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by Acidosis(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2016
Free?
lol
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by cherylsmith(f): 9:10am On Feb 11, 2016
Okay, good.
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by bodyloveghetto(m): 9:11am On Feb 11, 2016
Ah, this britico are stupid ooo, dey no de read 9ja news say dey still $2.5b... still de won dash this yeye polly another £6 what? na BH n I'm crew go distribute this one. AU I sight u
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by Socketbet: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2016
That is if people like lie lie Muhammad will not be in charge
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by mynd1(f): 9:25am On Feb 11, 2016
Good.
God save the queen
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by highpriest4: 9:26am On Feb 11, 2016
They wan make the place permanent residential area for Dem IDP?
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by Johnrake69: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2016
ednut1:
in reality. they would take 6.5m convert in to naira and fix it in a bank, use the remaining 200k to buy rice and beans, take pictures and post online . The Nigeria foundation for support of victims of terrorism has 98% of their funds in fixed deposits banks in billions yet pple in IDP are suffering ( my friend manages their account in his bank nd he was appalled dat they hv N7b in fixed deposits and N5m in call account).

Wow... How did we come to this? We are now worst than animals.
Re: Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims by loomer: 9:31am On Feb 11, 2016
All these oyibo be deceiving themselves since time of Adam, all the money them promise Syria dem never give na Africa dem go come give.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov OBIANO EFFECT! Track For Small And Medium Enterprises In Anambra Photos / Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? / Why Do Igbos Want Biafra But Don't Want To Relocate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.