Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,110 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? (15203 Views)

Abacha, Ojukwu And Gowon In A Private Jet (Throwback Photo) / Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo / Gowon Had No Power To Create States, Gowon is a satanic rapistt-President Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? by yougos(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2014
During my Secondary school days early 90s, we were told that these Names as often been pronounced in Nigeria today means:

NAIRA:

N=Nigerian
A=Army
I=IS
R=Ready
A=Again. ( Nigerian Army Is Ready Again) to

KOBO

K=Kill
O=Ojukwu
B=Before
O=Others. (Kill Ojukwu Before Others) as to

GOWON

G=Go
O=On
W=With
O=One
Nigeria. ( Go On With One Nigeria)

Pls fellow NL I want to confirm if these are true. You can add ur own if you also have some of those Names and their meanings

1 Like

Re: The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? by speaktome(m): 11:25am On Sep 27, 2014
Funny Joke bro...but I think there is meaning to what u said.

Come o, which school learn this
Re: The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? by BlackTechnology: 11:27am On Sep 27, 2014
And they ended up killing Nigeria
Re: The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 27, 2014
This is unnecessary.

Life is good.
Re: The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? by 2cato: 11:29am On Sep 27, 2014
Nigerian can realy think out of the box.
Re: The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? by eluquenson(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2014
Sometimes eh, I feel like........
Re: The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? by yougos(m): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2014
Pls can some tell me if its true or false
Re: The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? by mstik(f): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2014
I'm just here to read comments
Re: The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? by pweedyuz(f): 11:36am On Sep 27, 2014
creative thinking...
den dere is d one of exercise nd soo on

till today,,weneva i wanna spell exercise,,i always say it with d """full meaning"""edet x edet rice customer i c edet

1 Like

Re: The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is it true? by AKMoney1(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
Life is good, bar man pass my shine shine bobo wey you don incarcerated for freezer. Ain't get no time for polithieves.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari May Not Extend Ig’s Tenure Despite Pressure / Northern, Southern Leaders Reject Calls For Another CONFAB / Kyari And Osinbanjo To Check How Much Outgoing Ministers Spent On Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.