Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,824 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? (25845 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Siasia Or Oliseh-who Is Better? / Siasia Or Keshi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by deavicky(m): 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
ROCKJ1:
Keshi is far better... remember he qualified 2 other African countries too... he picks results everywhere he goes. he is African Maurinho. It's just that his spirit has left Nigeria and he is doing anyhow now.
his spirit has let Nigeria, let him pls go with his spirit. But the truth is that I don't like any of them coaching Nigeria. I even prefer clement western to any indigenous coach.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
Goodluck jonathan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Stanlyag(m): 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
siasia plays more tactical and entertaining stuff.keshi has just been lucky with experimentations.with siasia having learnt his lessons we will be winning with swagger.I personally don't think keshi cant coach an U17 side for them to win at home up to 3nil.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by flyingdutchman(m): 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
Both of them are successful coaches. I think we are being disrespectful and ungrateful if we compare both coaches. Keshi and Siasia are both. One happened to be luckier.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by dabossman(m): 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
Emmysteve:
I just dey observe their foolishness. Should Keshi get sacked and replaced with Siasia, give them three months and you see how they would term Keshi as better than Siasia. Nonsense!

Hehehehe. Na the Naija way be that. Hail him today, nail him tomorrow. Even Yekini was ridiculed out of the Eagles at France 98.

Personally, I argued that Siasia be left to continue in 2011, like I'm doing for Keshi now. We Nigerians are too impatient. The one time we grudgingly gave a coach five years, we all saw the outcome. We had a formidable team that we still celebrate 20yrs after. And trust me, Westerhof's teams didn't always look that good. Senegal 92 is a good example, for anyone who saw it. He was almost fired afterwards.

They have both done well for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by princelolly(f): 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ojestas:
Keshi. I like the fact that he's strict.
is dat ur point?
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by eteba(m): 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
....who cares!
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by chucky234(m): 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
viczing:

Nigga shushhh ur talking gibberish
And where did this clod crawled from?
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by acmilan1: 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
onyeomaonyeoma:
I don't understand why we Nigerians have short memories no wonder our leaders keep tossing us around. o p dis ur article is based on what? how can you compare a coach who couldn't qualify us to afcon to a coach who had successfully qualified two different countries to d world cup.
Abeg Keshi and Siasia no be mate for coaching jooor.

O p which one do u prefer? ? play sexily and loose or play dirty and win.i think JOSE MOURINHO and DIEGO SIMEONE would choose d latter.
simeone anyday anytime bro

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by denitro(m): 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
Eden007:
I read people comment that keshi has provided results. Please what results are we talking about here? Football is rated on current form. In the last 10games keshi has coached, how many victories has the super eagles recorded??

Let me also remind you guys that nff couldn't inform the super eagles bench that at 2-1 with Libya playing goalless in their match, we would've qualified as best losers. Nff didn't even know that, SIA1 had to push the boys forward for the 'unwanted' 3rd goal which made us vulnerable to counter attack.

ours.

Story Story
So who is to blame for the goal.. NFF, Siasia or the players?
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
Gaskiya because keshi is somehow flopping dosent mean we shld take siasa as an option. We shld not just forget his achievement so soon.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Sayboy: 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
wordychap:

Siasia never lost any match towards d qualification to afcon 2012 and we had convincing wins during his time, his problem was inheriting a difficult qualifying situated eagles. Siasia shouldn't b told to replace keshi, let keshi finish d mess he's started n after we fail to qualify for afcon, siadia should come in let me see how he wouldn't turn our fortunes for d better.
u r comparing u20 with a more mature and senior u23? Pls av a rethink Keshi is better than Siasia.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by kannymoore(m): 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
pat077:
if siasia is that good, why has he nt gotten anoda offer afta he was sack?

Di matteo helped Chelsea win its only champions league trophy almost 3 years now...

DOES HE HAVE A JOB??

Del bosque, after being sacked by Madrid, how long did he wait before his next job with the spanish national team??

Mehn

I justt tire for the way naija people dey reason sometimes... Wahllai!

Is there any job sia-sia has been given with @ least a year's preparation that he hasn't delivered?
Most of the jobs he floundered upon were either fire brigade jobs or he wasn't given enough time to manage the teams.

The super eagles job, Eguavoen had already messed up by losing to guinea away. Moreover, the NFF Technical Committee gaffed by not realising that a slim 2-1 win was enough to take the eagles to the nations cup. SiaSia replaced the midfielders with strikers and pushed them all upfield in search of the elusive 3rd goal that would take us to Gabon/Angola. The guineans lauched a counter attack and the rest was history.

As for the U20 Flying eagles job, Henry Nwosu and Ladan Bosso messed up that team so badly that when Siasia took over the team only less than 3months to the tourney, the damage had already been done.

As for the clubsides, Siasia never took control of any team for up to a season before he was sacked. He never had any free hand in transfers either. So, why blame him for his shortcomings? Or u think say e easy to manage clubside abi?

If so, how come Keshi with all his years as a coach has never managed a clubside? Abi there was an Angolan team that was willing to pay him N20 million. Why him no go join that team naa?!

Keshi aint a good coach. ANC fluke win aside. Why? Cos he's as guilty as Berti Vogts ; spending almost all his free time in the US instead of scouting and monitoring talents for the national setup.

Abeg, the guy should just do the needful and honorably resign.

Finish!

4 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Jhayeahsam01(m): 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
I prefer sanusi lamido
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
The NFF should let Keshi remain at the helm for the duration of the AFCON qualifiers. If Nigeria doesn't qualify then he should be sacked.

But of the team qualifies for the AFCON, he should be left alone to handle the team at the tournament. The NFF could then hire a new coach (Siasia?) after the tourney.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by rigarmortis: 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
Daninya1:
I forsee coach Manu Garba superseding their records.. He is better than both Keshi and Siasia technically... We all see what lads did at the U. A. E... they play an all attacking football with flair like the catalonia.. They attack like a swarm of bees.. He is a coach that select players based on present form not on sentiment.. He is still building his team everyday.. I forsee him winning the coveted under 20 world cup that has eluded us for a pretty long time... He will lead the super eagles to Russia 2018 and do better than Keshi and Westerhoof... My two coins though...

Dont judge naija coaches by their performance in underage cups, anybody can pack 28yr olds and use them to bully lil kids into submission, let him coach adults vs adults and lets see.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by chrisxxx(m): 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
Pls recall Sia1. Keshi told us that he had got a job and would resume after world cup. Why still hanging with the Eagles? Let him take his leave his welcome is overdue. We cant keep a coach who saber rattles his employer.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by tochman(m): 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
denitro:
Oh Nigerians... Oh Nigerians... Here we go again..
Which one is Siasia for God sake. Siasia is hopeless.

Please let use use facts to rate Keshi and Siasia.

Experience
Assuming a Nations Cup appearance gives a coach 20 points
and a World Cup appearance gives a coach 50 points.

1. Keshi has 110 points and Siasia has 0 points

Achievements
Assuming a Nations Cup trophy gives a coach 50 points
and a World cup group qualification gives a coach 20 points

2. Keshi has 70 points and Siasia has 0 points

Currently coaching at the moment and not jobless
Assuming a current coaching job gives a coach 20 points
and a jobless coach gets 0 points

3. Keshi has 20 points and Siasia has 0 points

Inability to work with his players
Assuming a coach gets deducted 20 points for his inability to work with his player, quarrelling etc

4. Keshi has -20 points and Siasia -20points

Discovering new players
Assuming a coach get 5 points for each new player he discovers for the super eagles
Keshi has over 50 points, well to be fair lets give Siasia 10 points..

Keshi 230 points shocked shocked Siasia -10 points shocked shocked

With facts on ground, Keshi TOPS Siasia any day......

At the moment Nigerian football can be watched without sacrificing your sanity..

Let us not go back to the barbaric days of Nigerian football...Before Keshi came along

My 50 cents..........

your analysis is way too lame.... Kai

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by niceman24(m): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
What r we saying keshi is a first class choach wit charisma highly respected, he has dat quality an internationals bt siasia doesnt hv it, pls dont compare d both

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by tochman(m): 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
kannymoore:

Di matteo helped Chelsea win its only champions league trophy almost 3 years now...

DOES HE HAVE A JOB??

Del bosque, after being sacked by Madrid, how long did he wait before his next job with the spanish national team??

Mehn

Is there any job sia-sia has been given with @ least a year's preparation that he hasn't delivered?
Most of the jobs he floundered upon were either fire brigade jobs or he wasn't given enough time to manage the teams.

The super eagles job, Eguavoen had already messed up by losing to guinea away. Moreover, the NFF Technical Committee gaffed by not realising that a slim 2-1 win was enough to take the eagles to the nations cup. SiaSia replaced the midfielders with strikers and pushed them all upfield in search of the elusive 3rd goal that would take us to Gabon/Angola. The guineans lauched a counter attack and the rest was history.

As for the U20 Flying eagles job, Henry Nwosu and Ladan Bosso messed up that team so badly that when Siasia took over the team only less than 3months to the tourney, the damage had already been done.

As for the clubsides, Siasia never took control of any team for up to a season before he was sacked. He never had any free hand in transfers either. So, why blame him for his shortcomings? Or u think say e easy to manage clubside abi?

If so, how come Keshi with all his years as a coach has never managed a clubside? Abi there was an Angolan team that was willing to pay him N20 million. Why him no go join that team naa?!

Keshi aint a good coach. ANC fluke win aside. Why? Cos he's as guilty as Berti Vogts ; spending almost all his free time in the US instead of scouting and monitoring talents for the national setup.

Finish!

guy, 10000 likes for u

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by OGAattheTOP: 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
Siasia was not given chance then. He is by far better than Keshi. He only needs to learn how to relate with players. I will go for
SIASIA any day, any time.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by McLuhan(m): 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
Larow:
I'll only ask 1 question to solve this problem. Roberto di mateo has won the champions league 4 a club that has never won it before(Chelsea fc) even when veteran coaches like mourinho and Hidinkks failed to and a coach like wenger has never won the champions league before. Does this now make Di mateo a better coach than wenger? Even the dummest person will answer "No". Abeggi! Put all this keshi's record aside and go for technicality. Siasia might not have won major trophies but he obviously is more technical and sound compared to keshi and this is what nigerian football needs to win games
You obviously have a good brain in that skull of yours. God bless you for this comment.

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by pat077: 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
kannymoore:

DOES HE HAVE A JOB??

Mehn

Finish!
if siasia is dat good, he does nt need to search 4 a team, they'll definately come knockin. He needs to prove himself elsewhere b4 given d chance to coach d eagles again. Keshi have done that wit mali and togo.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by kannymoore(m): 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
pat077:
if siasia is dat good, he does nt need to search 4 a team, they'll definately come knockin. He needs to prove himself elsewhere b4 given d chance to coach d eagles again. Keshi have done that wit mali and togo.

Siasia doesn't need to prove himself anywhere else. Do you sincerely think that if siasia was give the same 3years as Keshi, the eagles would be this shitty?
Do u think nincompoops like uchebo, babtunde, reuben gabriel, and the stinkfest that this present list of super eagles being used to prosecute the next two Sudan ties would ever smell the national setup?!
Do you really and sincerely think so?

Did you see the magnitude of spectators that used to come watch the entertaining gamplay of the eagles during Siasia's era? Can u compare that to the lacklustre crowds and drab brand of footie that characterizes the Keshi/Amodu setup?
Guy...I don't agree with your above comment oh!!... sam-sam!!

3 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Camry1(m): 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
Siasia is better than keshi
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by kannymoore(m): 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
rigarmortis:

Dont judge naija coaches by their performance in underage cups, anybody can pack 28yr olds and use them to bully lil kids into submission, let him coach adults vs adults and lets see.

Are you ACTUALLY SAYING that Manu Garba's U17 team were made up of 28 year olds??!
Did you watch that team at all!!
As in...
REALLY??!!!!!!!!!

Mehn,

I bow for you oh!

That team is unarguably the youngest and BY FAR the best U17team Nigeria has ever produced in recent times!! Little wonder their top players were much sought like hotcakes till this very day.
Bros, Manu Garba iS THE BEST INDIGENEOUS NIGERIAN COACH IN NAIJA TODAY!!! End of Story!!!

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by honeric01(m): 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
Chai, dem don come again o

comparing a coach that coached

Togo, qualified them to the nations cup and then to the worldcup
Mali, qualified them to the nations cup, came back from 4:0 to 4:4
Qualified Nigeria to nations cup, won the cup, qualified to worldcup, got to the round of 16.
qualified home based eagles to the nations cup (first time ever), won bronze.

With Siasia?

Pls apart from under-aged tournaments where he took overaged players to, what has he done? in these underaged tourney, what did he win?
when he was at Heartland, he didn't win 5 consecutive matches.

Are some Nigerians bad thinkers?

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by viczing(m): 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
chucky234:
And where did this clod crawled from?

You don't wanna know, but I came to shushh your mouth, cos yu got no opinion
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by pat077: 8:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
kannymoore:

Siasia doesn't need to prove himself anywhere else. Do you sincerely think that if siasia was give the same 3years as Keshi, the eagles would be this shitty?
Do u think nincompoops like uchebo, babtunde, reuben gabriel, and the stinkfest that this present list of super eagles being used to prosecute the next two Sudan ties would ever smell the national setup?!
Do you really and sincerely think so?

Did you see the magnitude of spectators that used to come watch the entertaining gamplay of the eagles during Siasia's era? Can u compare that to the lacklustre crowds and drab brand of footie that characterizes the Keshi/Amodu setup?
Guy...I don't agree with your above comment oh!!... sam-sam!!
so if NFF does nt appoint siasia, he'll remain jobless? How many of those player that were involved in siasia's u-20 team r still regulars in their team? That's to show u dat most of them were overage. I still insist siasia prove his ability elswhere b4 coming back 4 super eagles job.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by chucky234(m): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
viczing:

You don't wanna know, but I came to shushh your mouth, cos yu got no opinion
What was your opinion if I may ask ?
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Ojestas(m): 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
princelolly:
is dat ur point?
yes dear
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by kannymoore(m): 9:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
pat077:
so if NFF does nt appoint siasia, he'll remain jobless? How many of those player that were involved in siasia's u-20 team r still regulars in their team? That's to show u dat most of them were overage. I still insist siasia prove his ability elswhere b4 coming back 4 super eagles job.

Isaac promise is still a regular in his team
Mikel obi is still a regular in his team
Haruna plays reglarly
Obinna Nsofor still plays
Chinedu Ogbuke still plays
Adejo plays regularly
Odion ighalo plays regularly
Taiye taiwo plays regularly
Nnamdi oduamadi still plays
Solomon owello still plays
Apam is in America with obafemi martins

Nna guy...

Try again!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Super Falcons Move Up In Latest FIFA World Ranking / Daniel Akpeyi And Wife, Emmanuella Welcome Son (Photos) / Ozil Cut From Arsenal's 25-Man Europa League Squad As Gunners Exile Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.