Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,569 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:12 PM

Dual Nationality And Different Last Names On The Passports - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dual Nationality And Different Last Names On The Passports (1149 Views)

People With Dual Nationality How Do You Guys Travel / World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls / Dual Nationality Nigeria/uk Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dual Nationality And Different Last Names On The Passports by onedev: 2:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
I am Nigerian & Swedish and would like to visit Nigeria. My last names on my Nigerian passport is a Middle name on my Swedish Passport. For Example, on my Nigerian Passport, the name WILLIAM James Ben but on the Swedish passport, it is JONSSON James Ben William (Not my actual names and Last names are in Capital letters. What is the best way to buy my ticket?

My idea was to buy two one way tickets. Since I would be showing my Nigerian passport in Nigeria and probably to the airline while leaving Sweden, buy the ticket in the name on the Nigerian passport. For the return trip, I plan to buy the ticket in my Swedish name since that's the passport I would be showing the airline.

My worry now is that the Immigration guys at the border while leaving Nigeria might act funny and want to see how I got into Nigeria and consequently make a big deal of the fact that the last names are different even though they can see that the names are pretty much similar.

Can anyone in a similar situation or who has an idea how this works help.

Cheers
Re: Dual Nationality And Different Last Names On The Passports by seangy4konji: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
No one will ask for your ticket when entering Nigeria,only when leaving.so i guess swedish name on ticket when going out of sweden and sweden name on ticket when going out as you will be using Swedish passport when going out also.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Restaurant In Nice, France / Where Do You Want To Go For Your Next Vacation Discussion / Czech Republic, Eu's Fastest Growing Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.