Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Ebonyi State You May Not Know. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi State You May Not Know. (8659 Views)

54 Incredible Facts That You Might Not Know About Nigeria / Coming From A Jonathan Fan In Imo State.. You Wont Believe This! / The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
Good one Energito and Passion, may God bless you guyz as you continue to show your state in good light. But still, You guyz should do Ndigbo proud next election by voting in a true nwafor not a criminal out to milk your state dry. The same way my state Imo did, the same way both Enugu and Anambra did. Ka chukwu gozie unu.
Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by IGBOSON1: 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
passion007:

Bros, you were the first to call these buildings substandard, so I might actually learn something from you.
I'll repost some of the pictures.
Take your time and point out what is substandard about each.
Thanks in advance.

^^^Maybe he meant to say 'plain' and 'uninspiring'!

For all the billions spent, i think we're entitled to have expected something a bit more 21st-Century compliant! The entire project looks boring, safe and uninspiring.....like something my Grandpa would have designed and built 50 years ago! Those 3 story buildings remind me of some of the older faculty buildings the great Zik built at UNN Nsukka!

Diete Spiff built a similar project in Port Harcourt just after the civil war which even looks better than this one!
Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by Energito: 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
You need to visit Ebonyi state to see things just make up time go there and see those projects your self before saying what you dont know.
IGBOSON1:

For all the billions spent, i think we're entitled to have expected something a bit more 21st-Century compliant! The entire project looks boring, safe and uninspiring.....like something my Grandpa would have designed and built 50 years ago! Those 3 story buildings remind me of some of the older faculty buildings the great Zik built at UNN Nsukka!

Diete Spiff built a similar project in Port Harcourt just after the civil war which even looks better than this one!
Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by Energito: 8:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thank u but i'm not from Ebonyi state but Delta state i took those pictures during my visit to that state.
Chiwude: Good one Energito and Passion, may God bless you guyz as you continue to show your state in good light. But still, You guyz should do Ndigbo proud next election by voting in a true nwafor not a criminal out to milk your state dry. The same way my state Imo did, the same way both Enugu and Anambra did. Ka chukwu gozie unu.
Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by Energito: 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
I wont exchange words with you because we are not at the same age.my 1st son may be at the same age with you.
MissTeaseMe:
Smh.
You must be one big dolo

So those projects look standard to you

No wonder Nigeria is in this state of mess. Someone is telling u the honest truth, u are hitting back at him. So that is the yeye project u are celebrating in Ebonyi, you even ran down here to Nairaland to create a thread for mediocrity. Mtcheww
who told you that i'm Ebonyi state?i create these thread to post the picture i took during my visit at Ebonyi state and you are talking about celebrating people.please mind how you talk.
Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by passion007: 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
IGBOSON1:

He used the words "substandard" "far below standard" and "not of good standard". As the dispassionate defender of Ndigbo he claims to be, I think he knows the difference between the adjectives he used and the adjectives you assume he meant to use. For all we know, he must have done an e-fatigue and fracture testing on the buildings before coming to that conclusion, so let's stand back and learn from him.
Donmarius, dazzle me!
Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 29, 2014
Energito: Thank u but i'm not from Ebonyi state but Delta state i took those pictures during my visit to that state.
I never new. Nice one sha. My prayer is that you will reap bountiful blessings for showing Alaigbo in good light. You never know, Presidency with the full backing of Igbo nile may even be your portion in the nearest future.
Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by Jlow2: 7:33am On Oct 16, 2014
passion007:
To all those saying the works are mediocre, I urge you to go back and peruse the pictures again, especially Ochudo city. I've seen a YouTube tour of that place, and it isn't what I'd call mediocre. The worst you can say is that Energito needs to add more megapixels to his camera (I appreciate your efforts bro. I think perhaps you resized the photos and they lost quality. You can now post images up to 4MB in size), and the pillars in the first pic appear uneven.

@jlow2:
It's unfortunate you can just type away a comment like "Abakaliki is backwards in nature", and accuse them of having a poverty mentality. I am certain your own community isn't better off (in so far as it is a Nigerian community). No constant power. No potable water. Poor roads. Poor health facilities. And if your community was so "forwards in nature", you wouldn't be in Abakaliki. What exactly fuels your braggadocio, I'd like to know.
i was born and bred in jos and from imo state by origin am creatin economic activity in your state as a miner dat i am,in dis jet age abakaliki i far behind , pls if u have gone to a desert state like jigawa u will see wat i mean despite der challenges, d have one of d best airports in d country now am not talking abt der roads,d road frm isieke junct to speraduo is part of d fedral govt project frm enugu-ikom, but ur governor opted to construct dat !axis of d road and will leta be paid by d fg,wen fg came for assesment dey said it was below standard, now ccecc has been brut to do d job again, its a fact dat anyone can comfirm,i not joinin issues with u,because nobody gives wat he dnt have,n nobody thinks abv his brain, ur state is in der need of change..

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by Jlow2: 7:41am On Oct 16, 2014
Energito:
International trade fare centre Under construction.
dis intl trade centre has been lyk dis for 10yrs

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by achi4u(m): 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
Jlow2:
i was born and bred in jos and from imo state by origin am creatin economic activity in your state as a miner dat i am,in dis jet age abakaliki i far behind , pls if u have gone to a desert state like jigawa u will see wat i mean despite der challenges, d have one of d best airports in d country now am not talking abt der roads,d road frm isieke junct to speraduo is part of d fedral govt project frm enugu-ikom, but ur governor opted to construct dat !axis of d road and will leta be paid by d fg,wen fg came for assesment dey said it was below standard, now ccecc has been brut to do d job again, its a fact dat anyone can comfirm,i not joinin issues with u,because nobody gives wat he dnt have,n nobody thinks abv his brain, ur state is in der need of change..
bro next time try writting in english language so that people can read and understand you.
Ebonyi amaka....
Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by passion007: 7:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
Jlow2:

It's ironic that you're alluding to "this jet age" as though you or I or any Nigerian for that matter are in the jet age. Seriously, get over yourself!

I hope you don't refer to your Ebonyi workers as "backward". smiley. If the whitemen who brought you education and civilization had spent half the time telling your grandparents how backward they were, I'm sure you won't now be the employer of labor that you are (for which reason I'm proud of you). But unfortunately, the African approach to everything constantly consists of hypocritical judgment and grandstanding, which is sad. For instance, the road to Arondizuogu in your native Imo is impassable. By your logic, Ndi Arondizuogu must be "even more backward" than Ndi Abakaliki.

If it's any help I'm not from Ebonyi, but this thread is a testament that there is a bias against the state, and whatever modest achievements there is even further diminished by a pre-set notion that "Ebonyi state is backward".

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by Jlow2: 8:06am On Oct 18, 2014
achi4u:
bro next time try writting in english language so that people can read and understand you.
Ebonyi amaka....
if u didn't understand what i wrote you will not reply,dnt divert attention , if your state is not in need of change, may it remain the way it is....

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by plendil: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2014
Abakaliki Afikpo road. I think its a major embarrassment to the state.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by plendil: 9:56am On Oct 18, 2014
deplorable

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by plendil: 10:02am On Oct 18, 2014
Right from Amudo to Abaomege. pure agony for road users cry

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by Imo2015: 11:29am On Oct 18, 2014
Elechi?
Re: Ebonyi State You May Not Know. by lovepoems(f): 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
Op am back..time to continue the ebonyi news

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cross River Gov. Ben Ayade Declares Green Holiday For Planting 1m Trees / PDP Inaugurates Campaign Committees For Bayelsa, Kogi Elections / State Police: Should States In Nigeria Be Allowed To Have Police Departments?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.