Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

A Terrible Accident Along Ipaja Ayobo Road. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Terrible Accident Along Ipaja Ayobo Road. (778 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Accident Along Bauchi-jos Road / Recent Pictures Of Accident Along Ibadan-lagos Expressway / I Made A Terrible Mistake 5 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Terrible Accident Along Ipaja Ayobo Road. by Maximus85(m): 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
I hate posting bad news but I'm doing this so that we can learn.

In the bus, I heard that this boy who just finished his secondary school education went for a wedding in that same area and he was riding his father's Okada, he somehow fell, hit is head on the culvert and I can't say cos I couldn't look in that direction. But from what those who can look were saying, its like the boy is gone. Blood was everywhere.

The father is a security man, the mother sells pepper. What a painful thing!

Why am I posting this? The Lagos State Government under the administration of Gov. Babatunde Raji Fashola went as far as begging us to use our safety helmet. Isn't it for our protection? But we just wouldn't listen. What if this boy was wearing a helmet?

Our society has an attitude that vexes me. These useless bus drivers won't use their seat belt if they don't see police or "Lastman" officials on the road. And the belt majority of them uses is not even hooked on anything. Its just there for the showing. And our road officials won't even check if the belt is working or not.

What if this boy's father has instructed this boy well enough about these riding safety precautions?

Parents please explain the laws to your children. Our safety is in our own hands. The government will only try their best.

My elders will say "You can only take a horse to the river but you can't force it to drink"

To my Yoruba people....If the government has been shouting "omo yi ma pa mi, Omo yi ma pa mi, when they get tired, it will be "omo yi ma pa ara e"

Please let us protect ourselves. We've only got just one life to live.
Re: A Terrible Accident Along Ipaja Ayobo Road. by naturally: 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
So touching. But sharing helmets can increase d spread of Ebola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Terrible Accident Along Ipaja Ayobo Road. by Maximus85(m): 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hmmmm. O so s'ini l'enu, o tun bu iyo sii
Re: A Terrible Accident Along Ipaja Ayobo Road. by 1miccza: 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Pictures or adonbilivit
Re: A Terrible Accident Along Ipaja Ayobo Road. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
Picsure or? You know the rest

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigerians Running For Their Lives After Boko Haram Attack / Highest Snub On Nairaland.. / Goodwill Message To Nairalanders From Killjoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.