Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire (3401 Views)

Bot Gives Jonathan March Deadline To Reject Sheriff / 2015: PDP Gives Jonathan 1-week Ultimatum To Declare Interest / Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2014
The Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba Erediauwa, on Saturday presented Red Egbeigbe, the highest Benin traditional attire to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Red Egbeigbe is the royal attire wore only by Benin prince and princess on rare occasion like marriages.

Erediauwa presented the royal attire to Jonathan when he paid a courtesy visit to the monarch in his palace in Benin City.

Presenting the attire, the traditional ruler said that he often see the president in dark-coloured attire.

Erediauwa congratulated the president for getting his party’s endorsement for second term.

Earlier, the president had told the monarch that he was in Benin to attend the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) South-South sensitisation and unity rally.

President Jonathan who thanked the traditional ruler for the gift, promised to return to the palace when the campaign for his re-election begins.

-http://www.whonaija.com/2014/09/photos-oba-of-benin-gives-jonathan.html

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by danio24ng(m): 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
Oba gha to kpere! Ise.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by brownlords: 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
The lion is getting weak.

God bless the king

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by overhypedsteve(m): 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
All i am going to say is that beyond the alleged weaknesses of this man Jonathan, Nigeria may never find this kind of president again. His humility is rare and please mind you i am not being partisan

7 Likes

Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by harrysterol(m): 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
Oba jona wel don o grin
Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by Goddex: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
The Benin Kingdom had since taken its stance on GEJ.

No room for the jandjaweeds

5 Likes

Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by sol2galay: 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
overhypedsteve: All i am going to say is that beyond the alleged weaknesses of this man Jonathan, Nigeria may never find this kind of president again. His humility is rare and please mind you i am not being partisan

Seconded! May we naver ve this kind of man as a president again.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by Donfamous(m): 1:26am On Sep 28, 2014
The first two pix, looks as if they were in white garment church
Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by rach4truth(f): 4:11am On Sep 28, 2014
Me think so too o, my brother
Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by redsun(m): 4:27am On Sep 28, 2014
brownlords: The lion is getting weak.

God bless the king

When the lion king gets weak,he is driven out of the fold. Never let your guide down. Never be ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by brownlords: 4:42am On Sep 28, 2014
redsun:

When the lion king gets weak,he is driven out of the fold. Never let your guide down. Never be ignorant.

What is he saying?
Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by musiwa95: 5:30am On Sep 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by musiwa95: 5:38am On Sep 28, 2014
Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by omenka(m): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2014
overhypedsteve: All i am going to say is that beyond the alleged weaknesses of this man Jonathan, Nigeria may never find this kind of president again. His humility is rare and please mind you i am not being partisan
And what exactly has the country profited from his "humility"??undecided

Oh, I get. He's humble and lenient that's why he's yet to throw any big shot in jail for corruption or terrorism since he became the president in 2010!!

Humble indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by DONGOYARO1: 6:53am On Sep 28, 2014
J
Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 28, 2014
A man who is humble even as President is soo rear to see. I can now kindly say that all things are working for good for GEJ.
Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by tempest01(m): 7:09am On Sep 28, 2014
Okay..apc might get Edo state in the governorship, but not in the presidency
Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by abu12: 7:24am On Sep 28, 2014
Ebola jonathan, hold ur hand shake

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by G12(m): 7:59am On Sep 28, 2014
GEJ forever, sorry I mean till 2019
Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by Demdem(m): 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
brownlords:
The lion is getting weak.

God bless the king

grin grin

Why won't the lion become weak grin grin
Too much toto.
Re: Photos: Oba Of Benin Gives Jonathan Highest Royal Attire by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
No news...

This government sef with okrika clothes

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: For June'12, 93, Where Were Gej, Bode George, Buruji Daniel---tinubu / President Buhari In A Meeting In UK Following Death Rumour. / Gej's Village Now In Pmb's Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.