Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Home Made Bread Recipe - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Home Made Bread Recipe (24715 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / Packing My Home Made Bread For Sell[help!!!] / My Home Made SHARWAMA Pictures & Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by luckaz(m): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2014
pls how do i taste it? shocked
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 02, 2014
Bread making is stressful especially the kneading, by the time you finish making it you'll get tired.
Might try something new soon like fruit bread or coconut bread
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2014
kreezzy: Bread making is stressful especially the kneading, by the time you finish making it you'll get tired.
hmmm..Yummy! cheesy
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 9:27am On Oct 02, 2014
The cup used for measurement is the cup that comes with measuring cups and spoons set sold in the market. It's a bit more than milk cup. And you can get the set for about N250

salam12:

Appreciate the good work.

Meanwhile what size of cup used as measure. Is it milk tin or plastic cup? Knowing the actual measure will ensure accurate proportion of the ingredients.

1 Like

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2014
Quantity I made is not much so the stress also wasn't much.

kreezzy: Bread making is stressful especially the kneading, by the time you finish making it you'll get tired.
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 9:33am On Oct 02, 2014
Bros pottasium Bromate is harmful and is not meant to be used in bread production. Most bread you buy nowadays have bromate free on the warp, don't know about agege bread though.

Austindark: where is d potassium bromate??
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Vires: 9:41am On Oct 02, 2014
graciousme: I love fresh bread. Got a bread maker but never got the recipe right. My family and friends used to laugh at my bread. Will try again someday. Thanks for sharing.

I have a bread maker too, it comes with its own recipe book, measuring cup and spoon
Try and follow their measurement, arrangement of ingredients and program instructions to the letter, Believe me your bread would come out fine
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 9:43am On Oct 02, 2014
My 1st attempt wasn't too nice either, but with more effort, I have gotten it right. Try this recipe, you will love it.

graciousme: I love fresh bread. Got a bread maker but never got the recipe right. My family and friends used to laugh at my bread. Will try again someday. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 02, 2014
I can't try this, I hate bread because the smell makes me throwup.
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by repogirl(f): 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
Please I need to know, what's the equivalent of a cup of flour in grams..... Cos I'm not sure of the kind of cup u are using, thanks.

I'd like to try out the recipe once I'm sure of this!
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
I have never tried to find out the conversion but you can get your self a set of measuring cups and spoon about N250, it comes in handy.)

repogirl: Please I need to know, what's the equivalent of a cup of flour in grams..... Cos I'm not sure of the kind of cup u are using, thanks.

I'd like to try out the recipe once I'm sure of this!
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by repogirl(f): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
ibizgirl: I have never tried to find out the conversion but you can get your self a set of measuring cups and spoon about N250, it comes in handy.)

alright, thanks
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by africanpea: 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
I am trying this out immediately, will send in some pics later.

Modiefied: i just made this. In the absence of egg to use as brushing i used melted butter, it turned out so well.

2 Likes

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by breadplanets(f): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
A cup of flour if measured correctly is 125g.

1 Like

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by seraphicesty: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
Thank you will trydis

1 Like

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by SLOVFO(m): 2:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Can I bake bread with microwave oven?
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
Wow, this is nice, never knew you could use melted butter to give bread a nice brown crust like this. Thanks

africanpea: I am trying this out immediately, will send in some pics later.

Modiefied: i just made this. In the absence of egg to use as brushing i used melted butter, it turned out so well.
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by dotna(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by sevule(m): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Here is my own bread recipe but it is for WHEAT bread and trust me when I say that the bread is absolutely delicious and very healthy! I downloaded this recipe from the internet some months back and I have baked bread several times using this recipe. Before using this recipe I had NEVER baked in my life so yeah it is quite simple to do.

1 loaf
Ingredients:

1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons instant active dry yeast (active dry yeast will work also)
Instructions:

1. *Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir.

1.1 Add yeast to water that is between 110-115 degrees F. Add one teaspoon of sugar or honey to the mixture. When the mixture is frothy, you can proceed to step 2. If you don't have a thermometer make sure that when you touch the water it is slightly hotter than lukewarm but not so hot that you can't leave your finger in the water.

2. Add flours and yeast mixture, and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 10-15 minutes. Place

dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with a clean towel and let rise until

doubled, about 40 minutes.

3. Punch dough down; knead for a few minutes until smooth and then form into a loaf. Place in

greased loaf pan and cover. [more info on loaf pan sizes] Let rise in a warm place until almost

doubled in size, about 30 minutes.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. If loaf starts browning too soon, lightly lay a piece

of foil on top of the loaf to prevent too much darkening.

I usually substitute sugar for honey as I try to be health conscious.

2 Likes

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Will definitely try this.

sevule: Here is my own bread recipe but it is for WHEAT bread and trust me when I say that the bread is absolutely delicious and very healthy! I downloaded this recipe from the internet some months back and I have baked bread several times using this recipe. Before using this recipe I had NEVER baked in my life so yeah it is quite simple to do.

1 loaf
Ingredients:

1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons instant active dry yeast (active dry yeast will work also)
Instructions:

1. *Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir.

1.1 Add yeast to water that is between 110-115 degrees F. Add one teaspoon of sugar or honey to the mixture. When the mixture is frothy, you can proceed to step 2. If you don't have a thermometer make sure that when you touch the water it is slightly hotter than lukewarm but not so hot that you can't leave your finger in the water.

2. Add flours and yeast mixture, and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 10-15 minutes. Place

dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with a clean towel and let rise until

doubled, about 40 minutes.

3. Punch dough down; knead for a few minutes until smooth and then form into a loaf. Place in

greased loaf pan and cover. [more info on loaf pan sizes] Let rise in a warm place until almost

doubled in size, about 30 minutes.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. If loaf starts browning too soon, lightly lay a piece

of foil on top of the loaf to prevent too much darkening.

I usually substitute sugar for honey as I try to be health conscious.
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Flow11(f): 7:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
Tnx @op..wud luv 2 try it out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Shininstar30(f): 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
yummy yumm

1 Like

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by MilesLamar(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
can i cook it wit pot?
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Jj222(f): 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
God bless u, i must try it .as if u kno i like bread so much.

1 Like

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by FarmTech(m): 11:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
How much does each cost you?
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 6:38am On Oct 03, 2014
I am going to give you an idea on the cost of ingredients

Flour I bought half paint for N250 for the dough and dusting the table while kneading.

Sugar I bought N50 and used less than 1/2 so maybe I used 20 sugar.

Yeast I bought a small pack for N100 and will use it able 5 times or more so maybe yeast is N20

Margarine, I bought 1 satchet of Simas and used half so that's N50.

A pinch of salt.

Milk I bought 1 tin of Three crowns N120

So I spent approximately N500.
And got 24 rolls of bread.

Hope this helps.

FarmTech: How much does each cost you?

2 Likes

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Agrika: 6:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
Apart from using the oven, is there any local method one can use
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by nwaobitex: 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
yummy
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
I haven't tried it out but I am sure you can use a pot on a soucre of heat (gas, stove, electric burner)

Agrika: Apart from using
the oven, is there any local method one can use

1 Like

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Agrika: 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
ibizgirl: I haven't tried it out but I am sure you can used a pot on a soucre of heat (gas, stove, electric burner)

Ok thanx dear
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by touchmeder: 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ibizgirl thanks for this great thread. I have a question and its on the cup you are referring to. I have a set (have attached picture) and the equivalent of one cup is 250ml. Is that what you are referring to or better still what is the equivalent in gram. Great thread following...
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yeah thatz the exact cup I used in measuring. But 250g is not the same is 250ml don't make that mistake.

touchmeder:
Ibizgirl thanks for this great thread. I have a question and its on the cup you are referring to. I have a set (have attached picture) and the equivalent of one cup is 250ml. Is that what you are referring to or better still what is the equivalent in gram. Great thread following...

breadplanets:
A cup of flour if measured correctly is 125g.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Use My Gas Cooker Oven / How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / BIZARRE! Meet Brian Taylor, A 45-Year-old Man Addicted To Drinking PETROL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.