Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) (24714 Views)

How I Make Peppered Pomo With Plantain- Easy Steps (Photos & Video) / Simple, Quick And Delicious Jollof Rice. Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2022
Groundnut soup also known as Peanut soup is a very delicious soup that can be eaten with either rice or swallow.

In this video, I showed how to make groundnut soup that is extra delicious with easy to follow steps, you can also make for yourself or family.

Ingredients:

Roasted groundnuts
Goat meat
Tatashe (Bell peppers)
Smoked Kpanla Fish
Dry Catfish
Yellow Scent pepper
Onions
Crayfish
Uziza leaves
Scent leaves
Palm oil (optional)
Seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRNS5pqbz0U

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
Love800, the groundnut soup is finally here, I hope you like it.

Tonycart, groundnut soup served.

Greypencils, is the oyel enough? grin

21 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
dont even know when have eaten something like this last. not the money but i cant cook and online food use to be worst than i see it online that why i stick to mostly rice. the bad side is adding sait it either it too much or not enough grin . that why i stick to kfc food that will never be like self made food. miss my mum food duo sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2022
The energy you exert in cooking is orgasmic.

A good and virtuous woman uses good and delicious meals to eradicate arguments and misunderstanding in her home while feminists and "the future is femail" use bad mouth and equal rights mantra to extend and carry-over misunderstandings in her home.

Kings, avoid feminists and live long.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2022
Scamupdates:
dont even know when have eaten something like this last. not the money but i cant cook and online food use to be worst than i see it online that why i stick to mostly rice. the bad side is adding sait it either it too much or not enough grin . that why i stick to kfc food that will never be like self made food. miss my mum food duo sad

You might consider learning to cook for yourself.
It's way cheaper and healthier.
As you practice more, you get better with time.
Add the salt, seasoning, pepper, oil in smaller quantities.
Taste to know if you need to add more or not.
Goodluck with your cooking adventures.

22 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

You might consider learning to cook for yourself.
It's way cheaper and healthier.
As you practice more, you get better with time.
Add the salt, seasoning, pepper, oil in smaller quantities.
Taste to know if you need to add more or not.
Goodluck with your cooking adventures.
the salt part is funny to me. like the last time i tried making white rice grin make i no talk

10 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:07pm On Aug 25, 2022
Zonefree:

A good and virtuous woman uses good and delicious meals to eradicate arguments and misunderstanding in her home while feminists and "the future is femail" use bad mouth and equal rights mantra to extend and carry-over misunderstandings in her home.

In this life, husband and wife get lane.
I won't leave my lane to enter another's lane.
It will be too much work for me nah grin

Cooking is fun when you have people that appreciate your efforts.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

In this life, husband and wife get lane.
I won't leave my lane to enter another's lane.
It will be too much work for me nah grin

Cooking is fun when you have people that appreciate your efforts.
God will reward all your efforts, Home maker.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
Scamupdates:
the salt part is funny to me. like the last time i tried making white rice grin make i no talk

Someone said in Africa we don't use measurements for salt, you add till your ancestors tell you in your mind it's ok grin grin grin

Please add smaller portions per time, you can always adjust, better its not enough than it's too much.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:11pm On Aug 25, 2022
Zonefree:

God will reward all your efforts, Home maker.

Amen oooooo!!!

Thank you jare.

7 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by ideaz: 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2022
This is on my top 5 soups. Very tasty and easy to put together.

3 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by ideaz: 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2022
Zonefree:

Deep wisdom for sound minds!

8 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by ProphetofOdin: 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2022
I believe you are from northern cross river. na dem dey cook groundnut soup like ds, amazing women.

6 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2022
ideaz:
This is on my top 5 soups. Very tasty and easy to put together.

Anytime I make this soup, it starts competing for the best soup in my head.

3 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
ProphetofOdin:
I believe you are from northern cross river. na dem dey cook groundnut soup like ds, amazing women.

I learnt their way of cooking it, they are amazing indeed.

6 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by greypencils: 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Love800, the groundnut soup is finally here, I hope you like it.
Tonycart, groundnut soup served.

Greypencils, is the oyel enough? grin
Oyel girlfriend, no one makes the mistake of putting too much oil in groundnut soup na. I can manage this. Don't worry shocked

2 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by Skibani99(m): 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2022
In DJ Khalid voice 'Another one'
Kudos op even though you always get me salivating with your delicious looking dishes..

4 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by Skibani99(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2022
Scamupdates:
comrade na small small you'll learn, I remember my 100lv in uniport, na only me and God know wetin I dey cook say na food grin.. Though am not still good but I'm far better than I was 2years ago..

5 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by Abbafrye(m): 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2022
@ OP, u are good at what u do. Keep it up

4 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by Godsbaby1(f): 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2022
Please write out the steps I wan learn

8 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2022
greypencils:
Oyel girlfriend, no one makes the mistake of putting too much oil in groundnut soup na. I can manage this. Don't worry shocked

grin grin grin
Am glad you like this one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
Abbafrye:
@ OP, u are good at what u do. Keep it up

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
Skibani99:
In DJ Khalid voice 'Another one'
Kudos op even though you always get me salivating with your delicious looking dishes..

Thank you, just enter kitchen and recreate this nah

This one is not expensive yet so delicious.

1 Like

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Godsbaby1:
Please write out the steps I wan learn

Season the meat with seasoning cubes, salt, onion and pepper blend and start cooking.
Blend the tatashe, yellow scent pepper and onion. Remove the seeds of tatashe, it gives a bitter taste.
Blend the groundnuts and crayfish, crayfish loosens the groundnuts when blending.
Wash and slice the vegetables: I used scent leaves and Uziza leaves, so nice.
Wash and debone the Kpanla fish and Catfish.
Get back to the meat, it should be tender by now.
Add in the blended tatashe, onion and pepper.
Add in salt and seasoning.
Taste and adjust seasoning or salt if need be.
Add a little palm oil, cover to cook for 5 minutes. (palm oil is optional)
Add in the groundnut and crayfish, stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
Add in the fish, cook for 5 minutes.
Add in the leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
Your soup is ready.

More details in the video.

10 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by ideaz: 9:54am On Aug 27, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Anytime I make this soup, it starts competing for the best soup in my head.

It's unbelievably so tasty.

2 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by shantti(m): 10:35am On Aug 27, 2022
See how you just wasted groundnuts. Groundnut that someone could have used to drink garri, u used it to prepare soup angry angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:36am On Aug 27, 2022
embarassed[url][/url]
ideaz:

It's unbelievably so tasty.

You are correct.

1 Like

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:37am On Aug 27, 2022
shantti:
See how you just wasted groundnuts. Groundnut that someone could have used to drink garri, u used it to prepare soup angry angry angry

Groundnut is not only for drinking garri nah.

The soup version sweet pass drinking with garri sef.

9 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by Organiccourses: 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2022
OP, I really clove all your recipes, keep your wonderful works up! My observation is the 'maggi' cubes used is about 4, don't you think this is much? Health is important my sister, you can substitute artificial spices with organic ones like ginger, garlic, tumeric etc

4 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2022
Organiccourses:
OP, I really clove all your recipes, keep your wonderful works up! My observation is the 'maggi' cubes used is about 4, don't you think this is much? Health is important my sister, you can substitute artificial spices with organic ones like ginger, garlic, tumeric etc

Thank you for the observation.
The number of seasoning cubes used depend on the quantity of the food or soup being prepared.

For example that pot of soup served about 15-18 people, the video most times do not reflect how big or small the pot is depending on how the camera is positioned.

I also use lots of natural seasoning more than MSG cos of the health implications.

4 Likes

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by Organiccourses: 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Thank you for the observation.
The number of seasoning cubes used depend on the quantity of the food or soup being prepared.

For example that pot of soup served about 15-18 people, the video most times do not reflect how big or small the pot is depending on how the camera is positioned.

I also use lots of natural seasoning more than MSG cos of the health implications.

Ok, I understand. I thought the 4 cubes are for that small soup, give us recipes for traditional Igbo soups as well in future

1 Like

Re: How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) by havenz(m): 12:29pm On Aug 27, 2022
What kind of temptation is this.

Small thing now i for start to lick my phone, what a delicious meal.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BIZARRE! Meet Brian Taylor, A 45-Year-old Man Addicted To Drinking PETROL / Fried Rice: My Favourite Food / Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.