Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Home Made Bread Recipe - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Home Made Bread Recipe (24719 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / Packing My Home Made Bread For Sell[help!!!] / My Home Made SHARWAMA Pictures & Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by touchmeder: 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
Double post
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by schendy(f): 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
@ ibizgirl, thaks for the recipe,I tried it today & observed that the bread is very thick I.e not light/soft like the usual bread being sold. Its so thick inside that once you have it for breakfast, you won't be hungry till evening grin cheesy. Any reason why?/ what can one do to make it less thick. Also can one add baking powder to it?.

1 Like

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
My dear, I am actually a novice in bread making, I just found a recipe I like and stuck to it. I actually make the bread for my kids and they don't eat much so I am happy it's very filling grin cheesy

I know that some commercial bread bakers add what is known as bread improver to the dough, this makes the bread rise very well and makes it soft. But some improvers contain potassium bromate which is harmful to the health. There must be something else that can give same result but I don't know it. Hope an expert will read this and give you a better answer.

schendy:
@ ibizgirl, thaks for the recipe,I tried it today & observed that the bread is very thick I.e not light/soft like the usual bread being sold. Its so thick inside that once you have it for breakfast, you won't be hungry till evening grin cheesy. Any reason why?/ what can one do to make it less thick. Also can one add baking powder to it?.

2 Likes

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 30, 2014
so does it mean most of the breads with bromate free labels are not?
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2014
Any bread that has bromate free label are actually bromate free. What about the ones without label.

cocospice:
so does it mean most of the breads with bromate free labels are not?
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ethereal(f): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
I'm so trying it dis weekend!...tnx fr sharing
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
U are welcome dear. Let's know how it turns out.

ethereal:
I'm so trying it dis weekend!...tnx fr sharing
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
ibizgirl:
Any bead that has bromate free label are actually bromate free. What about the ones without label.

lol abi oo
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by asalimpo(m): 2:00am On Nov 23, 2014
You can add eggs to giv it a rich texture. It tastes more like cake this way.

1 Like

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 11:01am On Nov 23, 2014
Thanks, will try it out.

asalimpo:
You can add eggs to giv it a rich texture. It tastes more like cake this way.
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Austinio: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2016
ibizgirl:
My dear, I am actually a novice in bread making, I just found a recipe I like and stuck to it. I actually make the bread for my kids and they don't eat much so I am happy it's very filling grin cheesy

I know that some commercial bread bakers add what is known as bread improver to the dough, this makes the bread rise very well and makes it soft. But improvers are contain potassium bromate which is harmful to the health. There must be something else that can give same result but I don't know it. Hope an expert will read this and give you a better answer.

I think you added too much flour while kneading or over baked it
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by WetSmoke: 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
I just made mine. Yummy.

Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
Wow!!!! Nice

WetSmoke:
I just made mine. Yummy.
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
Thanks

Austinio:
I think you added too much flour while kneading or over baked it
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2016
NevetsIbot:
hoho.charming chics... Yeah... But we all know they have bad sides that outweigh their charming attributes.

I'm Nigerian cheesy
Lets cut it here. We better not derail the thread
I think you 9ja men are the 1 with the glaring bad sides angry
I know yer 9ja. Most are here.
I.moved us 2 another thread so we CAN derail cheesy
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by NevetsIbot(m): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
I think you 9ja men are the 1 with the glaring bad sides angry
I know yer 9ja. Most are here.
I.moved us 2 another thread so we CAN derail cheesy
sure. We all have bad sides cheezy... But you know, Nigerian ladies just have theirs in abundance.

The dudes over here just have ''polygamous problems''...... Ladies, money sucking, attention seeking, shitty, lazy assed, dependent... Darh... Can't list all...
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
NevetsIbot:
sure. We all have bad sides cheezy... But you know, Nigerian ladies just have theirs in abundance.

The dudes over here just have ''polygamous problems''...... Ladies, money sucking, attention seeking, shitty, lazy assed, dependent... Darh... Can't list all...
You dog yer women undecided
sooo badly when they could say far more about you
but don't at the extent you males here on Nairaland do.
I've had enough of this.Bye.
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by NevetsIbot(m): 11:21pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
You dog yer women undecided
sooo badly when they could say far more about you
but don't at the extent you males here on Nairaland do.
I've had enough of this.Bye.
lol.. Good grief, You just called me a dog cos I called spade a spade? Geeez. You're a lady. I'll keep quiet on this one. But note, I'm not a woman basher and I'm no mysogynist.

I've had enuf too. Bye cheezy. grin
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by WetSmoke: 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2016
ibizgirl:
Wow!!!! Nice

All thanks to you
Re: Home Made Bread Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 11:00am On Mar 31, 2018
Schools are on break, so I need to put on my mummy hat. Made bread this morning and noticed the following:
Kneading the dough more makes the bread smoother.
Allowing the dough to raise very well gives a softer.
schendy:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Use My Gas Cooker Oven / How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / BIZARRE! Meet Brian Taylor, A 45-Year-old Man Addicted To Drinking PETROL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.