Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? (34850 Views)

10 Things That Youths in Church Are Guilty Of / What Sexu@l Acts Are Appropriate For Christians? / Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by lalasticlala(m): 7:05am On Sep 28, 2014
1 Pressing your phone in the church during service.
2 Answering/Making call during service
3 Sleeping/Dozing during service.
4 Sitting down when you are instructed to stand
5 Opening your eyes and looking at those praying instead of praying with them
6 Wearing Headphones while in church
7 Sagging to church
8 Checking out a lovely and cute sister
9 Checking out a brother
10 Discussing with a brother/sister while the service is on instead of concentrating
11 Gossiping about choristers, pastor, a sister or a brother
12 Murmuring when they call for much donations after the normal church offering
13 Toasting a sister in church
14 Toasting a brother in church
15 Flirting with a sister/brother in church
16 Telling yourself in your mind "Oh this pastor should finish up this sermon na so that one would go home"; especially during prolonged sermon
17 Telling yourself "This man should finish this unending announcement".
18 Coming to church so late, maybe shortly before sermon or during sermon.
19 Leaving the church immediately after praises, worship and choir ministration, just as the pastor wanna mount the pulpit to commence the sermon. 20 Carrying 'CD' inside your wallet and go to church
21 Checking out what others are wearing; consciously monitoring the dress, fashion and style of others.
22 Forcing yourself to speak in tongue just because others are speaking in tongue
23 When the pastor calls for first timers and you refuse to step out when you are very sure you are actually visiting that church for the first time
24 When the pastor calls for alter call for those that are not yet born again and you refuse to go for whatever reason when you actually know that you are not born again
25 Walking up and down frequently like 2/3 or more times when you are not an usher
26 Disobeying ushers/church workers, e g when they direct you on where to sit
27 Reading bible portions from your phone ( I am not sure if this is wrong o)
28 Looking at your watch mid-sermon, especially during long sermon.
29 Lusting after the pastor
30 Sitting in front and spreading your legs apart, consciously or unconsciously.

Which number are you guilty of? Lol

40 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by lalasticlala(m): 7:05am On Sep 28, 2014
I'm guilty of 1, 8,16, 17, 21 and 27, 28.

Hope 27 is OK?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by hugelyendowed: 7:15am On Sep 28, 2014

I'm guilty.

20: one day as I brought out my wallet to bring out money to put inside d offering envelope, d CD mistakenly fell off, I quickly picked it. Only d sister sitting beside me saw it. I was embarrassed.

I left immediately after the offering as I wasn't comfortable again.

9 Likes

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by bustyhelen(f): 7:21am On Sep 28, 2014
I'm sure many will claim not guilty of any. Don't lie today is Sunday o.

I'm guilty of 22, 26, &..... wait am coming

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by bustyhelen(f): 7:22am On Sep 28, 2014
lalasticlala: I'm guilty of 1 a times, 16, 17 and 27, 28.

Hope 27 is OK?

Op nothing is wrong with 27, reading a bible portion from ur phone.
Everybody does that.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 28, 2014
Guilty of 1 and 3

Sleeping/dozing off to the extent that I've prayed about it but to no avail.

Everytime I feel like sleeping, I start pressing phone and I won't sleep again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by lalasticlala(m): 7:25am On Sep 28, 2014
FrancisTony: Sleeping/dozing off to the extent that I've prayed about it but to no avail.

lol. That's 1 & 3.

Pray harder

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by Enoquin(f): 7:27am On Sep 28, 2014
16 & 28

People use headphones while in church? shocked Ladies don't sit in the front in my church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by lalasticlala(m): 7:34am On Sep 28, 2014
Enoquin: 16 & 28

People use headphones while in church? shocked Ladies don't sit in the front in my church

yea I saw one guy wearing headphone last Sunday in the church.

Really? ladies don't sit in d front?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by Enoquin(f): 7:51am On Sep 28, 2014
lalasticlala:

yea I saw one guy wearing headphone last Sunday in the church.

Really? ladies don't sit in d front?

Na wa. What was his aim of coming to church then?
Only bachelors and men whose wives didn't make it to church sit in front
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 28, 2014
Guilty of just no 1 and that's to open my Bible .

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 28, 2014
Wearing headphone in church is a stupid thing 2 do...
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by vosquare: 8:05am On Sep 28, 2014
guilty of 1 and 29 and also 9 and 11 but dats after service grin

if u r checkin sum1 out,u wont c clear picture bt afta service u wil grin
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by vosquare: 8:06am On Sep 28, 2014
MrIknowAll: Wearing headphone in church is a stupid thing 2 do...
i take headphones 2 church bt i do nt use it during service but on my way ome

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 28, 2014
iTs beTtEr daT waY daN puTtinG iT on like a cHurcH taUt
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by vosquare: 8:09am On Sep 28, 2014
FrancisTony: Guilty of 1 and 3

Sleeping/dozing off to the extent that I've prayed about it but to no avail.

chisos!! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 28, 2014
All of the below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by Mrval20(m): 8:35am On Sep 28, 2014
Guilty of just two:
-Sitting down when instructed to stand up, sometimes though.
-Checking out what others are wearing. By the way, who doesn't do this?

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by mumumugu(m): 8:46am On Sep 28, 2014
Not going to church
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2014
vosquare:
chisos!! grin grin grin

Jesus you mean? undecided

Is it bad

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by tejpot(m): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2014
I just fell victim of number 1&2 cos I opened this thread during praise and worship

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by kurajordan(m): 9:03am On Sep 28, 2014
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by Lordseyad(m): 9:04am On Sep 28, 2014
--
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by sirjohnson(m): 9:04am On Sep 28, 2014
13. Toasting a sister in church
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by amtalkin(f): 9:05am On Sep 28, 2014

4 Sitting down when you are instructed to
stand
5 Opening your eyes and looking at those
praying instead of praying with them
10 Discussing with a brother/sister while
the service is on instead of concentrating
21 Checking out what others are wearing;
consciously monitoring the dress, fashion
and style of others.
23 When the pastor calls for first timers
and you refuse to step out when you are
very sure you are actually visiting that
church for the first time
26 Disobeying ushers/church workers, eg
when they direct you on where to sit
27 Reading bible portions from your
phone
God forgive me i am so guilty of the above
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by datguru: 9:06am On Sep 28, 2014
None
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by montestic(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2014
tejpot: I just fell victim of number 1&2 cos I opened this thread during praise and worship

u 2 funny
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by lalasticlala(m): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2014
vosquare: guilty of 1 and 29 and also 9 and 11 but dats after service grin

if u r checkin sum1 out,u wont c clear picture bt afta service u wil grin

vosquare u 2 funny
Re: Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 28, 2014
30- Unconsciously
29- If he's cute
28- Every time
26- I like doing it
24- If I hear say I go
19- Did it last week
18- Sometimes
17- Every time
16- Would stand up and go
15- Wella
12- I don't murmur cos I won't pay
11- I can't do without it
10- Very well
9- Yes
5- Yes O°˚˚˚ , so I'll see people that don't pray
4- Yes
3- No, so I won't somersault in church
2- No
1- Yes

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Pastor Tolu-Bolaji Dan's Music Studio / Visions Of EARTHQUAKE Coming To Nigeria. / Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.