Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Any Christian To Help Explain This? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Christian To Help Explain This? (4835 Views)

'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' / I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by BodyKiss(m): 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

Yes he did because he understood the difference between obeying and disobeying.

You can twist things, I give you that. The truth is that you're making no point or sense. One can only obey, if he knows that doing so is good, and disobeying is bad . They didn't know good and bad.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2014
plaetton:
This is what I love about the bible: anyone is free to interpret to suit.
I guess what they fellow is asking is whether a parent should hold his child responsible , or hold a big grudge against your child for an act committed while he was a six-month old toddler, knowing fully well that toddlers tend to act out their curiosity by touching things and putting things in their mouth despite the repeated admonitions of parents.

Why would a parent hold a toddler responsible for such actions? They don't come inbuilt with such knowledge to be able to distinguish such things or actions.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by BodyKiss(m): 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

God knows all that you can do and all the possible outcomes of your choices but He leaves the actual choosing up to you.

Yet he got angry to the extent that he lay a curse of death on them that extends to his entire generations. So much for living by example and being all forgiven.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
BodyKiss:

You can twist things, I give you that. The truth is that you're making no point or sense. One can only obey, if he knows that doing so is good, and disobeying is bad . They didn't know good and bad.

There is no need to twist anything. Are you saying the Adam was incapable of understanding the command God gave? That he could not correctly interpret that what God wanted was for him not to eat the fruit?
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
BodyKiss:

Yet he got angry to the extent that he lay a curse of death on them that extends to his entire generations. So much for living by example and being all forgiven.

Understand the consequence was made very clear to Adam. You are the ones getting in a twist because you say Adam had no knowledge so you are forced to making God an evil judge. God says to Adam "You will die if you eat this" yet you say Adam didn't have knowledge, you are the ones contradicting yourselves.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

Yes it was.

I just find it hard to reconcile your posts with God saying that 'man has become like us...'

If he was not like them, what originally distinguished him from them?

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

Understand the consequence was made very clear to Adam. You are the ones getting in a twist because you say Adam had no knowledge so you are forced to making God an evil judge. God says to Adam "You will die if you eat this" yet you say Adam didn't have knowledge, you are the ones contradicting yourselves.

Death was alien. Why should Adam have feared it deeply to stay away from the tree?

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by BodyKiss(m): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

There is no need to twist anything. Are you saying the Adam was incapable of understanding the command God gave? That he could not correctly interpret that what God wanted was for him not to eat the fruit?

How could he? He was without sense. Remember?
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by BodyKiss(m): 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

This didn't address the quoted post.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by macof(m): 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
efedua: u would have be the witness as u forgot that God already built there union after creating them. did u think dat left there mind, why didn't Adam question God for driving them from the garden of Eden?

So a man can just pick a woman he finds anywhere on the basis of "God has built our union"

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by BodyKiss(m): 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

Death was alien. Why should Adam have feared it deeply to stay away from the tree?

Exactly, it's like telling me I will bdhydj if I eat amala. What tha fvck is bdhydj?

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

I just find it hard to reconcile your posts with God saying that 'man has become like us...'

If he was not like them, what originally distinguished him from them?

I was trying to explain that part to you when you went all up about how it was not the point of the thread.

I used the words "subjective observation" because now man has gained the ability to interpret the world that is himself and his environment without recourse to God. He is now "independent". In this way has he become like God, no longer needing an external guide.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by pesty100(m): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

dere is a difference btw knowledge and knowledge of good and evil
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
BodyKiss:

How could he? He was without sense. Remember?

How can you say man that named all the animals was without sense?
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by pesty100(m): 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
AndtheLORDGodsaid,Themanhasnowbecomelikeoneofus,knowinggoodandevil.Hemustnotbeallowedtoreachouthishandandtakealsofromthetreeoflifeandeat,andliveforever.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

BodyKiss:
Exactly, it's like telling me I will bdhydj is I eat amala. What tha fvck is bdhydj?

He didn't need to fear death to understand what it was. Words carry concept meanings between communicators. God was communicating to man in the way he could understand even though we don't know what language they were using we know that they were exchanging mean. When God told Adam about death, Adam understood what death was. I know the question now will be but how would Adam know about death and still eat the fruit? That was the job of the deceiver. The deceiver says to Eve "You will not die". These conversations are all carrying meaning back and forth between the participants so there is absolutely no way you can claim that Adam and Eve were senseless.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by pesty100(m): 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

And the LORD God said, "The man has now
become like one of us, knowing good and evil.
He must not be allowed to reach out his hand
and take also from the tree of life and eat, and
live forever."

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
BodyKiss:

This didn't address the quoted post.

It did unless you want to be disingenuous. The consequence of death was pronounced before the act yet you said God got angry and cursed him with death.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by plaetton: 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

Why would a parent hold a toddler responsible for such actions? They don't come inbuilt with such knowledge to be able to distinguish such things or actions.

Good.
Then same can be said of Adam and the so-called original sin.
Not so?
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by BodyKiss(m): 2:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

And the contradiction goes on. So much from a man without knowledge of good and bad.
Could you help me with some exact names Adam gave to some animals?
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
plaetton:

Good.
Then same can be said of Adam and the so-called original sin.
Not so?

Nope not so. Adam wasn't a child, he was an adult with full reasoning capacity.

BTW there is nothing like original sin.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
BodyKiss:

And the contradiction goes on. So much from a man without knowledge of good and bad.
Could you help me with some exact names Adam gave to some animals?

You are the one contradicting yourself. I have held from start that Adam had knowledge. You say Adam was senseless yet Adam named the animals abi you don't see this in the Bible:

Genesis 2
19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Asking what names Adam used is like asking what language they spoke; lost to the annals of time and so irrelevant at this point.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by BodyKiss(m): 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
pesty100: And the LORD God said, "The man has now
become like one of us, knowing good and evil.
He must not be allowed to reach out his hand
and take also from the tree of life and eat, and
live forever."

Thank you
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

I was trying to explain that part to you when you went all up about how it was not the point of the thread.

I used the words "subjective observation" because now man has gained the ability to interpret the world that is himself and his environment without recourse to God. He is now "independent". In this way has he become like God, no longer needing an external guide.

I fear that sounds like your interpretation. The bible didn't mince words when he said man now had the knowledge of good and evil (which he never had).

And if he was testing man's ability to make choices, why punish him gravely for a first mistake? After all your post seem to suggest that man was still learning how to make choices.

A mere command not to 'eat' while God knew Adam had a subtle creature nearby.

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

He did the alien task of naming all the animals but couldn't sew a cloth for himself and his wife. What can you say about that, sir?

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

He did the alien task of naming all the animals but couldn't sew a cloth for himself and his wife. What can you say about that, sir?
Na wa o. Na God sew dey cloth na
Gen 3:21
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by plaetton: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

Nope not so. Adam wasn't a child, he was an adult with full reasoning capacity.

BTW there is nothing like original sin.

How can Adam be said to have full reasoning capacity when he clearly did not not have the capacity to discern good and evil, much in the same way as toddlers?

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
careytommy:

I never said he was not the one na smiley

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

I fear that sounds like your interpretation. The bible didn't mince words when he said man now had the knowledge of good and evil (which he never had).

Nope you are the one misreading my words. I have told you there is a difference between the good and evil of the fruit and the good and evil of morality. I have tried to show you that Adam had knowledge and intelligence before the fall. Those are not my words are there in the Bible, I am only attempting to draw you a clearer picture with my own words. You will not deny that Adam named the animals brought to him will you? Neither will you deny that Adam heard and knew God's command not to eat the fruit.

And if he was testing man's ability to make choices, why punish him gravely for a first mistake? After all your post seem to suggest that man was still learning how to make choices.

A mere command not to 'eat' while God knew Adam had a subtle creature nearby.

At times it seems you are blaming God for the events. Why punish him? Why a simple command with a deceiver around? If you believe that Adam was incapable of making a choice then God is wicked abi?
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

Are you guys even reading my posts at all? I already said unclothedness was nothing to Adam and Eve before the fall so why will he sew a cloth?
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
plaetton:

How can Adam be said to have full reasoning capacity when he clearly did not not have the capacity to discern good and evil, much in the same way as toddlers?

Adam was capable of naming the animals, was capable of recognizing Eve as being made from his own bones yet you would say he could not understand that God didn't want him to eat the fruit? Or that the consequence already stated was dire?
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
careytommy:

Genesis 3
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake / Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? / 5 Things Christians Do Now And Don't Consider It Sin Anymore.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.