Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Messi Reign Is Over - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Reign Is Over (3883 Views)

Do Barcelona Still Need Messi? End Of Messi's Reign at Barca? / All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach / Which Players Will Take Over From Messi And Ronaldo After Their Reign For Bd'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
Lionel messi is considered by many as the greatest player of all time including me,but for the first in God know how many season,there is a new twist to situation for him @barca,because there comes a man called NEYMAR.......... NEYMAR is such an enterprising player that even messi cannot just rest on his laurels............... THE QUESTION IS WILL NEYMAR OUTSHINE MESSI OR THE CASE WOULD BE AS BEFORE.......... Personally I think we are seeing the beginning of an end of messi glorious career.......... ANY CONTRARY VIEW?
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by MykLANNY(m): 8:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
Many people fall but its their duty to rise up again.. Dont write him off yet. He is good at wat he does d fact dat he is not playing up to par yet does not mean he is a UK used.
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
Carmal90: Lionel messi is considered by many as the greatest player of all time including me,but for the first in God know how many season,there is a new twist to situation for him @barca,because there comes a man called NEYMAR.......... NEYMAR is such an enterprising player that even messi cannot just rest on his laurels............... THE QUESTION IS WILL NEYMAR OUTSHINE MESSI OR THE CASE WOULD BE AS BEFORE.......... Personally I think we are seeing the beginning of an end of messi glorious career.......... ANY CONTRARY VIEW?
do u know messi has scored 5 goals and has made 8 assists in 6 games?...3 assists of which have gone to neymar....his reign isnt over yet.

3 Likes

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Baddestguyp(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
no point. messi.still outshines neymar at barca, he now plays as a playmaker dats why neymar has scored more
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
do u know messi has scored 5 goals and has made 8 assists in 6 games?...3 assists of which have gone to neymar....his reign isnt over yet.......... Yes I know messi has scored five and assisted eight,which is quite outstanding,but for messi standard and the fact that messi eternal rival is doing more than he is doing @present..... My personal view though
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Leitner: 9:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mods,pls close this thread angry

Messi reigns till Hell Freezes. Get that into your thick skull cool

1 Like

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
Cr7 will suffer in the hands of big team if he sticks only to scoring only....a team like chelsea will reduce his influence but if messi will shine when he takes the playmaking role against a big team.

3 Likes

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Lanrefreshkid: 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
do you watch barca match at all or you folow livescore?

am nt a barca fan but messi is still the best and Neyman still plays like a kid..for now i hate his style of play trying to dribble wen its not necessary...Nayman isnt a threat jor
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 9:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
@lietner no hard feelings,try to express your view maturely..... Look am a die hard messi fan to the call,but the point am trying to raise is.............. will messi be able to raise his game to another level entirely because both ronaldo and NEYMAR has set standard..... A difficult standard it is..............
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Greatihex(m): 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
Lanrefreshkid: do you watch barca match at all or you folow livescore?

am nt a barca fan but messi is the best and Neyman still plays like a kid..for now i hate his style of play trying to dribble we its not necessary...Nayman wont stop him
wat do u mean by neymar stil plays lyk a kid. Brazilian star!
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Debroslink: 9:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
Carmal90: @lietner no hard feelings,try to express your view maturely..... Look am a die hard messi fan to the call,but the point am trying to raise is.............. will messi be able to raise his game to another level entirely because both ronaldo and NEYMAR has set standard..... A difficult standard it is..............

It's Penaldo who is declining. All his goals are just tap ins and penalties. He has no assists so far. Just tap ins and penalties. But Messi is now playing in a withdrawn position for Suarez and Neymar to score. 5 goals and 7 assists in 6 matches? No one in Europe's top 5 leagues has as much assists as Messi.

When Suarez returns, he will be the one to compete for goals with Penaldo.

4 Likes

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by ddippset(m): 10:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
i dont blame the guy that put up this post. i blame all of you that are responding to this post, including myself responding now.

3 Likes

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
@lanre I do not follow soccer on livescore as u do, I watch live football from the comfort zone of our house.......... Look am I die hard fan of messi,get me cleared am not a barca fan,but I love messi, not because of his name only,because his name was also reason I love him,but because of wat he does with this round leather game...
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
@Dip or whatever is your name....wat is ur streesss,am not here to condemm messi,but trying to praise players like ronaldo and neymar for their scintillating start to the season..... By the way is a mata of choice to contribute.
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Baddestguyp(m): 10:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
Carmal90: @Dip or whatever is your name....wat is ur streesss,am not here to condemm messi,but trying to praise players like ronaldo and neymar for their scintillating start to the season..... By the way is a mata of choice to contribute.
and what have ronaldo and neymar done dis season. they just score clear goals and a lot of penalties (in ronaldo's case)
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 10:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
@badestguy,u asked wat ronaldo has achieved this season.....Waohhh did u know that ronaldo has scored 10 goals in laliga this season in just five games,yes u heard me right in just FIVE GAMES﹑the argument is not who is better between messi,ronaldo or neymar.it is just acknowledging those that should be aknowledge......DID U KNOW MESSI HAS MISSED A PENALTY THIS SEASON..... You should accept the fact that ronaldo is not on Messi level presently

2 Likes

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Debroslink: 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
Carmal90: @badestguy,u asked wat ronaldo has achieved this season.....Waohhh did u know that ronaldo has scored 10 goals in laliga this season in just five games,yes u heard me right in just FIVE GAMES﹑the argument is not who is better between messi,ronaldo or neymar.it is just acknowledging those that should be aknowledge......DID U KNOW MESSI HAS MISSED A PENALTY THIS SEASON..... You should accept the fact that ronaldo is not on Messi level presently
Zero assist. Just 10 tap ins and penalties. Penaldo and Tapnaldo. Messi is better jare. 5 goals and 7 assists.
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Baddestguyp(m): 11:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
Carmal90: @badestguy,u asked wat ronaldo has achieved this season.....Waohhh did u know that ronaldo has scored 10 goals in laliga this season in just five games,yes u heard me right in just FIVE GAMES﹑the argument is not who is better between messi,ronaldo or neymar.it is just acknowledging those that should be aknowledge......DID U KNOW MESSI HAS MISSED A PENALTY THIS SEASON..... You should accept the fact that ronaldo is not on Messi level presently
so ronaldo dives, scores d penalty or get simple tap-in goals makes him better than messi? go and watch the past matches again on d internet
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
Wat did you mean by simple tap in goals, sorry,why can't messi be scoring those simple tap in tooo. All hail CR7

2 Likes

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Baddestguyp(m): 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
Carmal90: Wat did you mean by simple tap in goals, sorry,why can't messi be scoring those simple tap in tooo. All hail CR7
I won't argue, u probably don't watch barca games

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
Sorry, are u telling me those headed goal scored by ronaldo are tap in......do your research well.

1 Like

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Baddestguyp(m): 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
now compare them to d goals scored by messi or even his assists

oh I forgot, u haven't even seen barca matches

1 Like

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
[b]I wrote this in 2008. Almost six years ago. Many did not understand. This was before Messi won the Champions league in 2009.

Not CR7, It is Messi who might fade.

Premier League Manchester United
by everestmindz (U9456077) 05 December 2008

Reading some comments to some articles yesterday, I was disappointed seeing people writing that CR7 would fade while Messi would last longer and be a greater player.

Sorry I don't think this is true. If you look back Argentine players(especially the small ones) are the ones that even fade.

Argentine players peak very early and are so promising. Later they just seem to be irrelevant to the game. Let me give instances.

Ariel Ortega: France 98, 24 years old seemed like the return of Diego Maradona. After that, he just seemed to fade out.

Gallardo: Was awesome when he joined AS Monaco 22 years old then. He made NO IMPROVEMENT from then.

Pablo Aimar: Diego Maradona said, "This is the only player I can pay money to watch". Last year during a Real Zaragoza game, a commentator complained of how disappointing Aimar was and how he made NO IMPROVEMENT since he came to the Spanish league.

D'Alessadro: Was too special. Did awesome tricks and was so good for River Plate, when he helped Portsmouth escape relegation, since then NO IMPROVEMENT.

Javier SAVIOLA: My main point of arguement. He was the Golden boot and Golden ball winner in the 2001 U20 World Cup. Scored 11 goals in the tournament, remember Messi scored 7.

He joined Barca FC and was on fire. What next you suppose to have gotten it? NO IMPROVEMENT.

Argentina has won 5 of the last 7 U20 World Cup and Messi and Aguero are the only superstars they have to show because they are still young. Carlos Tevez is an exception. He has just grown in form.

So please don't tell me CR7 would fade and Messi would go on and dominate football. Argentine smallish players peak early and Messi is at his peak. He might get more consistent but there won't be any dramatic improvement.

Unlike CR7 who Carlos Quieroz said would become the MICHEAL JORDAN of football. He might not reach that status but I believe CR7 is not near his peak yet.

I will end it with the words of one of the greatest coaches to walk this earth SIR ALEX FERGUSON

''The percentage of votes he got made it an almost unanimous decision. It is good to know he wants to improve. I think he will improve.''

http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A44498253
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 11:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
In as much as I believe that ronaldo is currently performing than Lionel messi,does not mean he his a better player than HIM.... Take for instance messi met ronaldo in this trade and he has won records that ronaldo has not won in his entire career, based on wat you said that argentina player will fade away towards the tail end of their career is quite acceptable to some extent,BUT you cannot tell me messi is depreciating,BIG TIME NO..... MESSI is the only player that has been nominated for world footballer of the year consecutively for the past eight years,and from his playing,he is not ready to stop.......... MESSI is not from this planet..... This famous quote was credited to Arsene wenger of Arsenal.
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:08am On Sep 29, 2014
Carmal90: In as much as I believe that ronaldo is currently performing than Lionel messi,does not mean he his a better player than HIM.... Take for instance messi met ronaldo in this trade and he has won records that ronaldo has not won in his entire career, based on wat you said that argentina player will fade away towards the tail end of their career is quite acceptable to some extent,BUT you cannot tell me messi is depreciating,BIG TIME NO..... MESSI is the only player that has been nominated for world footballer of the year consecutively for the past eight years,and from his playing,he is not ready to stop.......... MESSI is not from this planet..... This famous quote was credited to Arsene wenger of Arsenal.
There is a media spin to Messi. Messi has some undeserved awards. Just like the World Cup Golden Ball we witnessed. In 2009/2010, he was not in the top three but he was given the award. In 2007, he was not in the top three but he was nominated for the award.

Messi is an exceptional talent, that is why he even lasted this long. However we can not deny that he is younger than CR7 and should be in better form.

Also he won most of his titles when Barca were invincible. As soon as they had weak points, CR7 ruled.

The fact is that Messi is fading before CR7 as I predicted in 2008. Also Tevez remains the true exception. Sad he was dropped from the World Cup team (For Messi to be the king).

2 Likes

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 5:47am On Sep 29, 2014
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] hi dude,are you telling me that you have a copy or have a clue of how world best emerge.......... laff, world best emerge only through vote,yes through vote only, and for your information messi won nothing in 2007,he was behind kaka in the race..... And in 2009/2010 that you claim he was unduly given the award, tell me reason(s) why he shouldn't have won the award, and tell me the REASON why RONALDO won the award in 2014.
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:50am On Sep 29, 2014
Debroslink:
Zero assist. Just 10 tap ins and penalties. Penaldo and Tapnaldo. Messi is better jare. 5 goals and 7 assists.

point of correction, its 5goals, 8 assists and 4 indirect influence on a goal scored.
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 8:33am On Sep 29, 2014
Lets call a spade a spade and don't let us ignore the truth.........wat did u mean by indirect influence on goal?
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Baddestguyp(m): 8:48am On Sep 29, 2014
how on earth will someone tell me messi is fading? so cos cr7 has scored more goals this season u think messi is fading. now we can see people who know nothing about soccer.

get this loud and clear, yes cr7 has more goals this season but so far messi has performed better
Re: Messi Reign Is Over by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

point of correction, its 5goals, 8 assists and 4 indirect influence on a goal scored.
guy u just trying hard to justify messi sha, u and I knows dat Ronaldo is slightly ahead of messi currently.
assist don't win matches wot win matches is GOAL, if u gave a player an assist and he didn't score will ur assist be counted? NO! ! and beside wot does OZIL, DI MARIA, ALONSO, XAVI, PIRLO, INIESTA and HAZARD win with assist. am not saying dat messi playing badly but for d fact his arch rival Ronaldo is banging goals from all corners he should be banging goals too.SO LEAVE DAT UR ASSIST ISH AND BRING ANODA BASE TO JUSTIFY HIM.

4 Likes

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by Carmal90(m): 11:38am On Sep 29, 2014
@onye yes u got my point right,assist is just camouflage in football,did u know that both fabregas and di maria were the best assist player in laliga last season,today nko where are they?Are you telling me either madrid or barca will try such thing with ronaldo or messi..... It is not possible..... It goal that count not an assist

3 Likes

Re: Messi Reign Is Over by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
onyeomaonyeoma: guy u just trying hard to justify messi sha, u and I knows dat Ronaldo is slightly ahead of messi currently.
assist don't win matches wot win matches is GOAL, if u gave a player an assist and he didn't score will ur assist be counted? NO! ! and beside wot does OZIL, DI MARIA, ALONSO, XAVI, PIRLO, INIESTA and HAZARD win with assist. am not saying dat messi playing badly but for d fact his arch rival Ronaldo is banging goals from all corners he should be banging goals too.SO LEAVE DAT UR ASSIST ISH AND BRING ANODA BASE TO JUSTIFY HIM.
Thats part of the reason why cr7 couldnt perform at the world cup.
If Cr7 doesnt have an assistant, he wiil just be an average world class player, but if Messi doesnt have an assistant, it wont shake him.
Come to think of it, al those players, you mentioned, were they scoring at least one goal a game and assisting at the same time?....NO.
Those guys arent in Messi's class

Chelsea fans will even tell you that If you want goals, call DIEGO COSTA,If you want assist, call FABREGAS, if you want both, call LIONEL MESSI

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Neymar, Ronaldinho And Messi Were Girls (photo ) / Manchester United Jersey Number 7 Always Worn By Legends.(photo) / Epic Throwback Photos Of Alex Iwobi With His Uncle , Jay Jay Okocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.