Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,623 members, 7,770,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:42 PM

Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (20817 Views)

Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2008
If you have any medicines related question you can ask me, and i will do my best to answer appropriately.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by go4gold107(m): 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2008
Thanks for this avenue.

My wife is currently 15 weeks pregnant. Initially, when we noticed she was pregnant, she started taking ordinary multivatamins and after about 6 weeks, she started taking a Prenatal Vitamins I got in a Pharmacy store for like (1,600 naira) cant remember the name. It finished after four weeks and I went back to the pharmacy store, I couldnt get the same prenatal vitamins. I had to get Pregnacare (which is like N3,600). I will continue with this Pregnacare.

Please I want find out if these changes in the Vitamins administered will cause any negative effect.

Thanks
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by Chetachuku(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2008
hi. tell me about apothecaris.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 11:55pm On Nov 17, 2008
@go4gold107, I dnt thnk changing the multvit will have any negative effect as multivitamins are nt remarkably different in their composition.Pregnacare is a very gud multivit to use during pregnancy.I advice u stick to that.But i would like to know the name of the previous multivit.
Wish ur wife safe delivery.Take care.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 12:04am On Nov 18, 2008
@chetachuku, Apothecary is the historical name for Pharmacists, They formulated and dispensed medication just like pharmacists do today.More information on Apothecary can be obtained from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apothecary.
Did that help?
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 12:25am On Nov 18, 2008
@go4gold107, I would also like to ask u if ur wife is on any other medication apart frm the pre-natal vitamins.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by krazynaija(m): 10:46am On Nov 19, 2008
Please i need advice on acne. Its totally turning my once ugly face to a very much uglier face. grin
I have used so many acne products that just dont work,the last one i used was neo-medrolN750,it worked as long as i kept using it,once i stop the acne continues.I no get that much money for my face na angry i no go chop?

So u are the pharmacis,PRESCRIBE AND ADVICE ! grin
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by go4gold107(m): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2008
@koksy

I was just beginning to wonder if u will ever reply my first post.

She just visited the doc and he added some iron tablets to the "pregnacare".  The doc says the pregnacare is ok but she will need some iron tabs.

Thanks so much for the good work.  I will really keep u posted.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2008
@krazynaija
Is ur acne mild? If it is u cn use some topical creams like Benzoyl peroxide(1-2times daily after washing your face).If it is severe u need oral preparations like tetracycline 500mg twice daily for lik 3 months.
I hope this info helped?
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by krazynaija(m): 11:16am On Nov 20, 2008
ok madam i will try it,if it does not work i will come after your head , lol, grin
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2008
krazynaija:

ok madam i will try it,if it does not work i will come after your head , lol, grin
it will work, have confidence in your pharmacist! smiley
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by krazynaija(m): 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2008
Na joke na grin
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by thirdi(m): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2008
Tell me about anal fissure and its treatment in nigeria and how it affects once sex life
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 12:10am On Nov 21, 2008
thirdi:

Tell me about anal fissure and its treatment in nigeria and how it affects once sex life
U can get info abt anal fissures frm this report, its quite educative.http://www.anal-fissure-info.com/
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 12:16am On Nov 21, 2008
thirdi:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001130.htm
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by thirdi(m): 8:33am On Nov 21, 2008
maybe the best thing is to see a GP first
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2008
thirdi:

maybe the best thing is to see a GP first
R u the one with the anal fissure? Yea go to see ur GP first for the rectal exam and am sure he/she would be able to prescribe something for you.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by wakagirl: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2008
Please do you know of any drug that can induce ovulation.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by krazynaija(m): 10:09am On Nov 22, 2008
@wakagirl
u don waka finish abi? u come dey find ovulation now abi? wakawaka angry
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2008
wakagirl:

Please do you know of any drug that can induce ovulation.
Clomid does induce ovulation.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by Pennywise(m): 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2008
Wakagirl, you still need to see your GP to know if you qualify to take clomid or not.Ovulatory failure might not even be the cause of your problem in which case inducing ovulation will be a waste of time and may be dangerous.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by dany25: 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2008
i want to find out i itch in my private part and have this whitish thing coming out from my vagina i want to know what drug to take and further clarify it it only happens when i have sex with my bf.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2008
dany25:

i want to find out i itch in my private part and have this whitish thing coming out from my vagina i want to know what drug to take and further clarify it it only happens when i have sex with my boyfriend.
i think u have yeast infection.i would advice u go see so he/she can carry out som tests on u.if it is yeast infection u wl b prescribed some anti-fungal cream/gel that u cn insert into ur vagina.Pls come bak to me if u hv further queries.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by evisco: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2008
Please how can i reduce my breast apart from surgery is there any tab that can serve this purpose, my breast increases as i see my monthly flow. please help me.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by titilaelae(f): 3:34pm On Nov 24, 2008
Hello kosky, thanks for the good work. What is the effect of Primolut N on pregnancy? Thanks a bunch. Cheers.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2008
titilaelae:

Hello kosky, thanks for the good work. What is the effect of Primolut N on pregnancy? Thanks a bunch. Cheers.
prmolut N contains norethisterone, and in pregnancy if this drug is used it can cause masculination of female foetuses and other defects.Its best u avoid it to be on the safe side.R u pregnant at the moment?
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by eby4k4(f): 4:44pm On Nov 24, 2008
Pls i went for a lab test and i was told that i have typhoid fever the pharmacy i went to recommended Ofloxacin, i have taken one pack but the symptoms is still there. Pls i need ur advice.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by dany25: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2008
Kosky thanks 4 the quick response. pls can u prescribe any drugs to treat yeast infection, i really need it cos it makes me so uncomfortable. thanks
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2008
dany25:

Kosky thanks for the quick response. please can u prescribe any drugs to treat yeast infection, i really need it because it makes me so uncomfortable. thanks
i will recommend u buy canesten thrush cream(clotrimazole 2%).Apply it to ur vagina 2-3 times daily.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 11:53am On Nov 25, 2008
eby4k4:

please i went for a lab test and i was told that i have typhoid fever the pharmacy i went to recommended Ofloxacin, i have taken one pack but the symptoms is still there. please i need ur advice.
What mg was the ofloxacin? and hw long hv u bn taking it for? Remember it is an antibiotic and it is essential that you complete the prescribed dose or else the symptoms can reoccur and take ur medication regularly.If doing this does not still help,i advice u go to ur doctor and he shud gv u cefotaxime injection(that is if ur nt allergic to penicillin).
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by eby4k4(f): 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2008
The ofloxacin is 200mg and i take it 2 times in a day,though i took one pkt and within two weeks the symptoms appeared again. So at the moment i am taking the second back. Secondly due to the type of job i do, i sit in the front of computer from 8am to 6pm so lately i observed that i always have pains around my waist and knee joints and my eyes are always heavy, pls i need ur candid advice.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2008
eby4k4:

The ofloxacin is 200mg and i take it 2 times in a day,though i took one pkt and within two weeks the symptoms appeared again. So at the moment i am taking the second back. Secondly due to the type of job i do, i sit in the front of computer from 8am to 6pm so lately i observed that i always have pains around my waist and knee joints and my eyes are always heavy, please i need ur candid advice.
I suggest u finish taking the second packet of the ofloxacin,and let me know if the symptoms still occur.For ur pain hav u tried taking ibuprofen or paracetamol? And try and hv sm massages and reduce the number of hours u sit in a day because all this factors contribute to the pain.As for ur eyes being watery,it is because ur always on the computer.You can get a screen cover for ur computer.I hope i h bn able to answer ur question.If u hv any problm let me kno.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

This Is How We Cloth Diaper! / Tricks For Getting A Flat Tummy! / Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.