Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,610 members, 7,770,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:08 PM

Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available (9090 Views)

Angel Of Death: Dr. Josef Mengele, The Deadliest Doctor In Medical History. / FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians / AT 21, She Has Never Menstruated Before: She Needs Medical advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
Good afternoon, I am here to answer questions about your health concerns.
Pls, understand that this is just advice and I will not be making any formal medical diagnosis.

I am a primary care doctor (general consultant) trained in the United States. As such, I have working affiliations with the Nigerian healthcare system, however, I do have relationships with some medical directors and pharmacies in Port Harcourt.

I am simply answering questions where I know the answers when time is available.
God Bless,

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by lecturerdabo(m): 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
drnwamba:
Good afternoon, I am here to answer questions about your health. Pls, understand that this is just advice and I will not be making any formal medical diagnosis.

Dr na sore throat wan kill me for 3days now what do i do?
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
Two questions:

Do you have cough?

What have you taken to alleviate the pain so far?

When you answer the questions, I can give you better advice.

Thks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
If you get cough, it could be:

1. Post-nasal drip - when the mucus of runny nose is dripping in back of you're throat.

That is cured with most over the counter cold remedies. Any preparation that includes pseudoephedrine. Make sure to take at night because that is when the drip into the back of the throat occurs.

Make sure the medications are not counterfeit!! I know that is a bring problem in the motherland.

If you no get cough,

2. Throat infection - this could require antibiotics. (I have attached pic of what that one looks like)

Things that increase the risk of this one include:
a. no cough
b. swollen glands in your neck
c. fever (temperature > 38C)
d. contact with sick people that also have sore throat, especially young children

Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
drnwamba:
Good afternoon, I am here to answer questions about your health. Pls, understand that this is just advice and I will not be making any formal medical diagnosis.
Are you so referred general consultant? You may do well to specify your area of speciality. For example you may likely be a Gynaecologist and blinging blinging to answer question meant for a chiropodist.
My opinion
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by ugo1990(m): 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
pls my brother is a house officer he needs a job .He has stayed at home for A year plus .help me
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by Harkynkunle(m): 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
drnwamba:
If you get cough, it could be:

1. Post-nasal drip - when the mucus of runny nose is dripping in back of you're throat.

That is cured with most over the counter cold remedies. Any preparation that includes pseudoephedrine. Make sure to take at night because that is when the drip into the back of the throat occurs.

Make sure the medications are not counterfeit!! I know that is a bring problem in the motherland.

If you no get cough,

2. Throat infection - this could require antibiotics. (I have attached pic of what that one looks like)

Things that increase the risk of this one include:
a. no cough
b. swollen glands in your neck
c. fever (temperature > 38C)
d. contact with sick people that also have sore throat, especially young children

Hello .Sir/Ma... I will be more glad if i can get a medium 2 contact u aside N L.... There is something imp I will 2 discuss with u...
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
@ugo1990

Where is your brother located? (which city) I can put him in touch with someone that I know that can help him find job in Port Harcourt.

If you are based in Lagos, I have another contact that he may talk to put I am not sure of job availability.

If possible, I would like to speak with him. My email is drnwamba@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
@Harkynkunle

My email is drnwamba@yahoo.com. Feel free to contact me anytime.
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
@indigene

Thank you very much for your input. I have modified the text box underneath the topic. Pls let me know if the information there is enough. Feel free to share your opinions.
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by ugo1990(m): 6:42am On Jan 15, 2015
Pls Dr he is a house officer will he work in portharcourt.He based in Enugu.
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by Harkynkunle(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2015
drnwamba:
@indigene

Thank you very much for your input. I have modified the text box underneath the topic. Pls let me know if the information there is enough. Feel free to share your opinions.
Hi bro\sis... I've just sent u a mssg pls reply.....
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by ladyconfessor: 10:31am On Jan 15, 2015
Never knew this before opening a thread for ma prob..
It happened same thing last month
Nd now this month too...
saw blood in my underwear yesterday nd it was just 18days after my monthly thingy...
what could be this causes... it often itches me buh not that serious itching.
could it be infection or something..
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
@ladyconfessor

There are some very important pieces of information that are missing here but I will share more information on the possible causes of irregular menstrual bleeding.

1. Infection: infections are usually accompanied by itching but also:
a. unpleasant smelly vaginal discharge
b. painful urination
c. ulcers/lesions

If you think that you may have an infection, it is advisable that you have the appropriate tests conducted to identify the type of infection so that appropriate antibiotics can be used to treat it.

Make sure you purchase antibiotics from credible distributors because I know counterfeit medications are a problem in the motherland.

2. PCOS: this can be a result of something called "polycystic ovarian syndrome". Nevermind the name. It is a hormone imbalance.
The cause is thought to be a result of excessive hormone release from fat cells in the body so it frequently targets woman who are bigger in size.
Things that increase this possibility:
a. If this is a long standing problem and not something that has just happened twice
b. If you are also suffering from infertility

Treatment is the use of oral contraceptive pills to balance the hormone levels to restore the your cycle's regularity.

3. Pregnancy: This is the first thing that I consider whenever any woman complains of newfound cycle irregularity because it is the most common cause. Make sure to take a pregnancy test to know your status.

There are a large number of things that can cause cycle irregularity but I would like to know if you are suffering from any these symptoms above because they are the most likely causes. If not, then we can explore some alternative less likely causes of your symptoms.
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by ladyconfessor: 4:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
drnwamba:
@ladyconfessor

There are some very important pieces of information that are missing here but I will share more information on the possible causes of irregular menstrual bleeding.

b. painful urination
c. ulcers/lesions

If you think that you may have an infection, it is advisable that you have the appropriate tests conducted to identify the type of infection so that appropriate antibiotics can be used to treat it.

Make sure you purchase antibiotics from credible distributors because I know counterfeit medications are a problem in the motherland.

2. PCOS: this can be a result of something called "polycystic ovarian syndrome". Nevermind the name. It is a hormone imbalance.
The cause is thought to be a result of excessive hormone release from fat cells in the body so it frequently targets woman who are bigger in size.
a. If this is a long standing problem and not something that has just happened twice

Treatment is the use of oral contraceptive pills to balance the hormone levels to restore the your cycle's regularity.

3. Pregnancy: This is the first thing that I consider whenever any woman complains of newfound cycle irregularity because it is the most common cause. Make sure to take a pregnancy test to know your status.

There are a large number of things that can cause cycle irregularity but I would like to know if you are suffering from any these symptoms above because they are the most likely causes. If not, then we can explore some alternative less likely causes of your symptoms.

Could you pls recommend some antibiotics for me angry
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ekenev2(m): 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by Harkynkunle(m): 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
drnwamba:
@ladyconfessor

b. painful urination
c. ulcers/lesions

Hello Dr.... I sent u a mail... but u are yet to reply me... Pls do...
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
@everyone on this thread.
Many ppl are sending me emails. I have counseled ppl on burn management and those seeking employment in Port Harcourt. Recognize that I respond to this feed everyday and can give you many resources and counsel.
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by barakah(m): 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hello Doctor,
Please how can I find lasting solutions to the following:-
(1) Getting rid of male breasts and belly fat
(2) Losing weight with pill prescription
(3) Controlling high blood pressure

Your swift response is solicited
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by walesdam(m): 10:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hello Doctor. Few days ago I noticed that after eating or drinking, I get the sensation of whatever I take being stuck in my chest and it makes me uncomfortable. Whenever I wake up after sleeping it is gone. What do think is wrong?
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 20, 2015
drnwamba:
Good afternoon, I am here to answer questions about your health concerns.
Pls, understand that this is just advice and I will not be making any formal medical diagnosis.

I am a primary care doctor (general consultant) trained in the United States. As such, I have working affiliations with the Nigerian healthcare system, however, I do have relationships with some medical directors and pharmacies in Port Harcourt.

I am simply answering questions where I know the answers when time is available.
God Bless,

Doc, pls am in need of a psychotherapist in port harcourt. A friend is tramautized and I rily wanna help. Any ideas?
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 20, 2015
Pls kindly state the field or fields. Like general health, gynaecology or ENT doctor So that we can know what cases to present to you. Tnx
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
Good one drnwamba, I appreciate all health care professionals who come to this section to assist, so many people need help here. You're welcome to the health section smiley
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by lafex: 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hello Dr,
I do urinate almost every hour.
Hw can I reduce it?
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by itunu8(f): 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by babythug(f): 12:12pm On May 05, 2015
Hello Dr,
I recently developed a nasty skin rash on my ankles its like a thick lesion and very itchy darker than my Skin color. some herbal practitioner says its "norun ela"(yoruba language). She's recommended some herbal drink, soap and cream. Just wanted to know if anyone knew what the English name for norun is, has anyone tried herbal treatment for it, what do you doctors recommend.

I'd appreciate any advice. Cheers
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by uanda(m): 12:33pm On May 05, 2015
babythug:
Hello Dr,
I recently developed a nasty skin rash on my ankles its like a thick lesion and very itchy darker than my Skin color. some herbal practitioner says its "norun ela"(yoruba language). She's recommended some herbal drink, soap and cream. Just wanted to know if anyone knew what the English name for norun is, has anyone tried herbal treatment for it, what do you doctors recommend.

Check on this site for prevention, management and treatment. http://freehealthcaremag.com/
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by ugonwa2003: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2015
Good morning doc. Pls I need urgent attention and I'll appreciate ur counsel on dis matter. D drugs below was prescribed for me n I hv taken them for 2 days now: De deons syrup of haemoglobin 15 ml 2x daily, 1g augumentin 1cap 2x, panadol 2 3x, artemeter injection for 3 days, natures field healthy you womens formula once a day and fruitivite chewable vitamin c. Test result pcv 29% as against 36-47, malaria parasite + trophozoite of p falsiparum seen, widal titre significant level >1/80. Dey gav me hydrocort cos of the allergy dis morning but I can't c d effect cos am still itching
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
lafex:
Hello Dr,
I do urinate almost every hour.
Hw can I reduce it?
Thanks

When did this problem start? What is your blood sugar? Are you currently on any medications?
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
ugonwa2003:
Good morning doc. Pls I need urgent attention and I'll appreciate ur counsel on dis matter. D drugs below was prescribed for me n I hv taken them for 2 days now: De deons syrup of haemoglobin 15 ml 2x daily, 1g augumentin 1cap 2x, panadol 2 3x, artemeter injection for 3 days, natures field healthy you womens formula once a day and fruitivite chewable vitamin c. Test result pcv 29% as against 36-47, malaria parasite + trophozoite of p falsiparum seen, widal titre significant level >1/80. Dey gav me hydrocort cos of the allergy dis morning but I can't c d effect cos am still itching

What problem did you tell the doctors that you are having? Is it the fact that your itching or was it something else. De deons syrup of haemoglobin is basically a vitamin. Augmentin is an antibiotic. Panadol is a pain reliever. Artemeter is antimalarial. The rest are vitamins. It sounds likes they are treating you for malaria but your malaria parasite is only reading +1. Hydrocort is a steroid that will reduce itching by reducing your immune response so I don't believe it is your best bet at treating your condition based on your lab results and findings.

If you can tell me what your symptoms are and when they started. I can help you find the root cause, however, right now, with the information you have provided, I can't do so. Please answer those questions above so that I can help you.
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
walesdam:
Hello Doctor. Few days ago I noticed that after eating or drinking, I get the sensation of whatever I take being stuck in my chest and it makes me uncomfortable. Whenever I wake up after sleeping it is gone. What do think is wrong?

Depending on your age and previous medical history. The causes can be various. This could be as simple as heartburn, which alleviated with an antacid. It could also be something more serious, however, I need to know if you are having any more symptoms. Is there anything other than going to sleep that makes it better? Does it happen after or before eating? Are you have fatigue, weight loss, or night sweats. As you can see there are many questions to be answered here.

I would recommend that you take an antacid and if your symptoms persist go to see a doctor or start a chat with me so that I can ask you more questions.
Re: Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available by drnwamba(m): 8:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
babythug:
Hello Dr,

It's been quite some while now but is the rash still there? How have things been coming along? Did the herbal remedy help? Let me know how things are going (if it hasn't gotten better let me know so that we can chat about it).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Revive 10,000 Primary Healthcare Centres / Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER & Virgin COCONUT OIL For Sale / Please Help. What's The Best Drug To Cure Gonorrhea And The Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.