Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

My Thoughts On Olamib's Post - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Thoughts On Olamib's Post (862 Views)

Straight From The Heart.. Let's Hear Your Thoughts On This. / My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. / My thoughts on friend-zoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On Olamib's Post by andysnoopy(m): 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
With regards to Olamib's post about having a broke Bf, I find it interesting that girls actually think about some of the things she wrote in her post.

I have a question please.

Why do Unemployed or Low income women think their path to success and living their dream is through a Rich Guy?

I’m asking this because in my opinion, while money and wealth keeps a relationship interesting, what truly define a relationship –in term of what/who the man should be- is his personality and not his riches.

Most times, Ladies make this mistake. You can be bored with a rich man and a rich man may also command less respect from your friends. It depends on how you present the Man, “Money miss road” comes to mind.

In my Opinion, If you are a low Income woman and you think you cannot cope with the pressures of keeping up with what it takes to have a man in your life, then don’t bother putting yourself in such situation. If you cannot afford a weekly visit to the saloon, don't be surprise if your man couldn't also. Stop putting the blame on an -innocent broke guy you met just to show off to your friends that you have man- because you couldn't get a “Rich Man”.

If you like flashy things, the least are you should be able to afford it before someone else will carry that burden. The broke guy didn't meet you in a Ferrari and now you want him to buy you a Ferrari … Who knows he wouldn't even approach you if you were riding a Ferrari!! So stop putting the blame on the guy. If you want to show off to your friends, take the initiative.. Start making money for yourself and attract like people to yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Olamib's Post by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
andysnoopy: With regards to Olamib's post about having a broke Bf, I find it interesting that girls actually think about some of the things she wrote in her post.

I have a question please.

Why do Unemployed or Low income women think their path to success and living their dream is through a Rich Guy?

I’m asking this because in my opinion, while money and wealth keeps a relationship interesting, what truly define a relationship –in term of what/who the man should be- is his personality and not his riches.

Most times, Ladies make this mistake. You can be bored with a rich man and a rich man may also command less respect from your friends. It depends on how you present the Man, “Money miss road” comes to mind.

In my Opinion, If you are a low Income woman and you think you cannot cope with the pressures of keeping up with what it takes to have a man in your life, then don’t bother putting yourself in such situation. If you cannot afford a weekly visit to the saloon, don't be surprise if your man couldn't also. Stop putting the blame on an -innocent broke guy you met just to show off to your friends that you have man- because you couldn't get a “Rich Man”.

If you like flashy things, the least are you should be able to afford it before someone else will carry that burden. The broke guy didn't meet you in a Ferrari and now you want him to buy you a Ferrari … Who knows he wouldn't even approach you if you were riding a Ferrari!! So stop putting the blame on the guy. If you want to show off to your friends, take the initiative.. Start making money for yourself and attract like people to yourself.

G! I agree with u. But d quarrel don end na, abi u want start fresh fight?
Re: My Thoughts On Olamib's Post by andysnoopy(m): 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
Didn't even go through most of the comments.. Felt i should add my piece to it.. Well let me go through the comments. Thanks
Re: My Thoughts On Olamib's Post by Allwility: 11:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
Whenever your partner starts complaining about something that been there all along, it's most likely they are abt to jump ship. OlamiB has been in that rship for three years...did she suddenly realize her bf is broke??

Re: My Thoughts On Olamib's Post by Ymodulus: 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
Allwility: Whenever your partner starts complaining about something that been there all along, it's most likely they are abt to jump ship. OlamiB has been in that rship for three years...did she suddenly realize her bf is broke??

i support you
Re: My Thoughts On Olamib's Post by NnamdiN: 11:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
Life is peaceful when you're not dating anyone cheesy why do people go through such stress in the name of love

I want to live a fulfilled life and that means -no girls cheesy

To keep them away, you have to be dead stingy grin as in stingy to the bone, she flash you, you flash am back.

Sorry I'm sleeptyping. Will read my comment in the morning to know whether I made sense undecided

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Olamib's Post by BreezyRita(f): 11:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
Allwility: Whenever your partner starts complaining about something that been there all along, it's most likely they are abt to jump ship. OlamiB has been in that rship for three years...did she suddenly realize her bf is broke??
Yes, we know that. But it could get to one you know. I dated a broke guy for 2 years and it was so not funny!! At least a little will keep the ship moving.............
Decided I'd rather be single than be in that. So I'm not materialistic. Don't like flashy stuff. And being single kinda keeps me real.....no expectations and all.
My friends don't influence my relationship, ok? But at times lil things matter.
Re: My Thoughts On Olamib's Post by Allwility: 12:42am On Sep 29, 2014
BreezyRita:
Yes, we know that. But it could get to one you know. I dated a broke guy for 2 years and it was so not funny!! At least a little will keep the ship moving.............
Decided I'd rather be single than be in that. So I'm not materialistic. Don't like flashy stuff. And being single kinda keeps me real.....no expectations and all.

I like people who know what they want. At least you do! But when ladies date most undergrads or fresh grads, what are they really expecting? Diamonds in the sky? If I may ask, how little is little?? My advice to guys that get dumped cos they are broke: GO GET A JOB. At least when you hammer, you'd have known someone you shouldn't settle with.

I believe it was Eleanor Roosevelt that said, "Women are like tea bags. You never know how strong they are until you put them in hot water". Don't take me too seriously...I'm sleep- typing, whatever that is.
Re: My Thoughts On Olamib's Post by andysnoopy(m): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Allwility:

I like people who know what they want. At least you do! But when ladies date most undergrads or fresh grads, what are they really expecting? Diamonds in the sky? If I may ask, how little is little?? My advice to guys that get dumped cos they are broke: GO GET A JOB. At least when you hammer, you'd have known someone you shouldn't settle with.

I believe it was Eleanor Roosevelt that said, "Women are like tea bags. You never know how strong they are until you put them in hot water". Don't take me too seriously...I'm sleep- typing, whatever that is.

The two of you just made my day with your comments. Thanks!!! smiley smiley smiley Nothing more to add.
Re: My Thoughts On Olamib's Post by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 01, 2014
BreezyRita:

Ur head day work jare. Its more reasonable to remain while waiting for ur rich nice guy to come ur way, dan to date a broke guy and den start complaining in nairaland later and also frustrate his life by putting stupid pressure on him.

(1) (Reply)

Single Is Fun And Boring / What Grade Are You In Your Relationshp: As For Me A1 / Ladies, Who Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.