Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Critique This Website ! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Critique This Website ! (693 Views)

I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me / This Website Is Up For Critique / Who Did This Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Critique This Website ! by olush0la(m): 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2008
Okay, let's feed the lions:
Please do a careful CONSTRUCTIVE critique of this website, still doing
a few tweaks, but you can let me know what you feel.
url:
http://www.teammastersglobal.com

Thanks.
Re: Critique This Website ! by yawatide(f): 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2008
what of lionesses?  tongue

Anyways, as 9ice wd say, letz go there:

1) My favorite: check to see if contact form validates.  In this case, you hv no form.  why?

2) Your pages don't have page headers

3) Make sure your top nav and footer nav match. Top says, "Our", footer doesn't

4) Since you are going for different photos on each page, why do 3 have the same photo?  Better yet, no photos of actual people in the company?  Sure, this may not be within your control but just thought I should bring it up.

5) I think the "teamsmasters" text and the stuff below it should stand out more.  Like make them more stylish.  The logo isn't noticable (I would also say you should move the logo to left) because of it.  What would I recomend? I have no idea as I am not a designer but I do insist that it stand out more.

6) Update your title bars to reflect what page I am on

7) I would add "back to top" links on the long pages in particular

8 ) It would be nice if you could highlight the nav items for the page I am on for better usability.

Positives:
1) Clean layout
2) Nice separation of css/js into their own separate files
3) Nice use of xhtml - ur code actually, unlike that of others who have shared, validates smiley
4) breadcrumbs
5) Color combo
6) Not replaying the same flash movie on secondary pages

thatz it for me. There, was this that bad?  I mean, I am hungry and was planning on gorging on you as I have cubs to feed but you actually did a good job  tongue
Re: Critique This Website ! by pie1ect(m): 2:06am On Nov 07, 2008
I like the simplicity of the website.
For the fact that it does not seem to use tables, inline CSS and weird javascript. . . . . Halleluyah.

Seriously, too many Nigerian websites make me want to scratch out my eyes with all the tables nested inside other ill-defined tables and some weird inline CSS looking like something spewed out of MS frontpage.

Now to the critique part:

1. As yawa mentioned, the "Teammasters Limited" text at the top of the page should stand out more. I'm fine with the sub-text,    though.

2. Also to the right of the logo, believe something should fill that space, preferrably a shade of color or graphic (not animated). As much as I like the simplicity, it should be too simplified so it doesn't lose it's appeal. Just my experience.

3. Instead of "Welcome to Teammasters" as the header of every page, why not use a more appropriate header related to the content you are presenting to the viewer.

4. Why not implement a contact form which scrolls out when you click a link (or just a form) instead of placing an email link on the contact page?

I came across a thread with yawa and someone else discussing the demerits of having your visitors click on an email link. And moreover there's also issues with spambot which harvest email addresses placed like you done on the site.

5. It's always a good idea to have a privacy policy on any site which gathers user data (however minimal). My experience has made me take this seriously, maybe it's not such a big issue back home. But don't leave any loose ends.

6. What's with the full-stop (.) at the end of the foot links, after "contact us"? wink

Overall, I say good work.
Re: Critique This Website ! by olush0la(m): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2008
Thanks peeps.
Making the necessary corrections now.
@Yawa, no worry, there is a "small" website that
I'm working on, full of all the things 'to be corrected'
Here:
http://www.spellingbeenigeria.com
I'm sure there should be enough to feed the cubs.
Moreover, we can hardly call you a lioness
Cos with your prowess,
Hmmn, you are a full blown lion.
Re: Critique This Website ! by yawatide(f): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2008
no yawa olu. I await the launch of the spelling site.

In the meantime, per the spelling site:

1) It seems you like "click here to learn more" tongue
2) Though creative, I don't think it is a good idea to have strikethrough when you hover over a menu item. Highlight the background and bold the text. I think that's better.

Again, looking forward to it.
Re: Critique This Website ! by webguru(m): 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2008
nice. spelling bee's nt nice

esp large fonts.
Re: Critique This Website ! by Elgaxton(m): 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2008
hi poster!

I like the simplicity of ur site, very nice I must say, U guys can check www.time-tell.com

Still battling to get it well on Mozilla though, Handwork of Div Tags lol
Re: Critique This Website ! by olush0la(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2008
@webguru:
must be your browser settings, cos those fonts are kinda leaning towards small.
Tested it on firefox, flock, IE 6 and 7, safari and opera.
But I'll double check to see wassup.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Website For Sale. Www.biddingtube.com / Yui Graded Browser Support / Help In Asp. How Do I Save A Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.