Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

A Question For Trinitarian Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Trinitarian Christians (1692 Views)

A TRINITARIAN Should Explain This Scripture .... / Trinitarian Disrespect For God / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
I'm quite sure that most Nairaland Christians are mainstream Christians, involving Trinitarians and Orthodox so I trust that I'll be getting some answers here.

Granted, I'd just like to throw this little question to you guys:

Isaiah 6:1 reads:
"In the year that king Uzziah died, I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple."

Isaiah writes that he saw the LORD sitting upon a Throne (a single throne).

Ezekiel 1:1, 26-28 reads:

"Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God . . .

And above the firmament that over (the living creature's) heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of A man above upon it . . .

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face. . ."

Ezekiel writes that in his vision, he saw God who had the appearance of A man (a single person) sitting on A throne (a single throne) and He is the LORD God almighty.

But. . .

According to the Trinitarian teaching, the LORD God is a composition of three SEPARATE entities/person bound together by one nature, the Godhead. (correct me if I got this wrong)

And, from the Bible again,

Stephen, when talking to the council of Pharisees, Sadducees, e.t.c said:

"But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. and said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God." - Acts 7:55-56

Now we have three instances:

1.) The LORD God sits on ONE Throne.

2.) The appearance of God to Ezekiel was the likeness of ONE Man.

3.) Jesus sits and the right hand side of God.

Questions:

## God sits on how many throne(s)

## If THREE, what about Isaiah 6:1?

## If ONE, does that reconcile with the fact that Jesus sits at the right hand side of God?

OR as Ezekiel said he saw, is God just One person..... Not three??

Please I need your views.
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Firstly God is not a composition of three different being but he's manifested in three different forms just as you can't say ice , vapour and liquid water makes up water but instead water could be in three different state and its still h2o
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
Elantracey: Firstly God is not a composition of three different being but he's manifested in three different forms just as you can't say ice , vapour and liquid water makes up water but instead water could be in three different state and its still h2o

ok then. Do I interepret that to mean:

"The LORD God (who sits on a single throne, Isa. 6:1) is manifested in 3 states; each state having its own throne"?

Don't forget that Stephen said he saw Jesus sitting at the right hand side of God.
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
Reiyvinn:

ok then. Do I interepret that to mean:

"The LORD God (who sits on a single throne, Isa. 6:1) is manifested 3 states; each state having their own throne"?

Don't forget that Stephen said he saw Jesus sitting at the right hand side of God.

at that time it was just God the father because Jesus wasn't revealed yet and the holy spirit doesn't need a sit or can you and your spirit sit in two different chairs?

1 Like

Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Karleb(m): 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
Elantracey: Firstly God is not a composition of three different being but he's manifested in three different forms just as you can't say ice , vapour and liquid water makes up water but instead water could be in three different state and its still h2o

Nice anology cool
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
Elantracey:

at that time it was just God the father because Jesus wasn't revealed yet

But, according to the Bible, he existed then. Didn't he?

Don't forget that Jesus said "Father glorify thy Son WITH THE GLORY he had with you before the world began" (John 17:5). Therefore, nothing has been put out of place, according to the Bible, Jesus only went back to where he was before (John 6:62). In other words, he always had his place 'at the right hand of God'

. . .and the holy spirit doesn't need a sit or can you and your spirit sit in two different chairs?

As for the Holy Spirit. Why can't he have a throne of his own? If you're going to compare God's spirit with MY or YOUR spirit, your highly mistaken cos, according to the Bible, the Holy Spirit speaks to God (Romans 8:26) and hears from God (John 16:13), just like Jesus (1 John 2:1). Therefore, the Holy Spirit can sit with God.... Mind you, I don't speak to my spirit, God does. I can't sit spirit, God can. (According to the Bible)
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
Reiyvinn:

But, according to the Bible, he existed then. Didn't he?

Don't forget that Jesus "Father glorify thy Son with glory he had with you before the world began" (John 17:5). Therefore, nothing has been put out of place, according to the Bible only went back to where he was before (John 6:62). In other words, he always had his place 'at the right hand of God'

As for the Holy Spirit. Why can't he have a throne of his own? If you're going to compare God's spirit with MY or YOUR spirit, your highly mistaken cos, according to the Bible, the Holy Spirit speaks to God (Romans 8:26) and hears from God (John 16:13), just like Jesus (1 John 2:1). Therefore, the Holy Spirit can with God.... Mind you, I don't speak to my spirit, God does. I can't sit spirit, God can. (According to the Bible)

Jesus is the spoken word of God (john 1:1) and he has been there from the beginning but wasn't revealed.

He could speak to him when he came down on earth , there's no place God had a dialog with the holy spirit in the old testament.
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
Elantracey:

Jesus is the spoken word of God (john 1:1) and he has been there from the beginning but wasn't revealed.

He could speak to him when he came down on earth ,

That word "LOGOS" referring to Jesus in John 1 is a metaphor. The Bible also refers to Jesus as the "Wisdom" and "Power" of God. (1 Corinthians 1:24)

If Jesus is the LITERAL, spoken Word of God, when God said to Jesus "You are my beloved Son," what came out of God's mouth? Jesus?

Or when Jesus died, did God's wisdom and power die, too?

According to the Bible, Jesus was an entity in God's form (Philippians 2:5-6) not just a breeze from God's mouth.

. . .there's no place God had a dialog with the holy spirit in the old testament.

Wrong statement.

Right statement: There is no RECORD of God speaking to the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament.

. . . BUT. . .

Jesus, in the Bible, had already said that the Holy Spirit does NOT speak on his own, except what he has HEARD from God. Thus, God MUST speak to the Holy Spirit before he delivers. For example, David said:

"The spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was on my tongue." (2 Samuel 23:2)

You think the spirit of the LORD said this ON HIS OWN or, as TOLD by God? (as Jesus said, John 16:13)

3 Likes

Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by sonmvayina(m): 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
so, a question i want to ask....so God sacrificed himself to himself.....anybody explain this

3 Likes

Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
sonmvayina: so, a question i want to ask....so God sacrificed himself to himself.....anybody explain this
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Unbias: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
sonmvayina: so, a question i want to ask....so God sacrificed himself to himself.....anybody explain this
We believe God is omnipotent. He can do all things so its no surprise He exists in three forms but in one essence. We do not limit how God can manifest Himself once we believe He has the power to do all things n whatever pleases Him.
We also believe He is omnipresent- can be everywhere at the same time. If you do not believe God has these attributes or that He ever exist, I doubt if any explanation would ever sound sensible to your hears.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Unbias:
We believe God is omnipotent. He can do all things

Well, if so, he shouldn't have needed the sacrifices if we STRESS on this.

. . . its no surprise He exists in three forms but in one essence. We do not limit how God can manifest Himself

You already did. You limit him to three, just three. Why not 9, 36, 100? Why just 3?

You see that's not an excuse.

once we believe He has the power to do all things n whatever pleases Him.
We also believe He is omnipresent- can be everywhere at the same time. If you do not believe God has these attributes or that He ever exist, I doubt if any explanation would ever sound sensible to your hears.

Same as the above. This is jus personal view, not from your Bible.

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
Good evening everyone. I have seen argument sprout from different corners and I would like to start by this saying 'Any Christian who questions the trinity is at risk of losing his salvation. Any christian who explains the trinity is at risk of losing his mind'. There is one God(Deut. 6:4). The one God exists in three personalities(1 John 5:7). God the Father(Gal 1:1),God the Son(Isa 9:6) and God the Holy Spirit(2 Cor 3:17). Different in personality,equal in power. Father at creation,Son at salvation and Spirit at regeneration. Each can't exist without the other. I pray that the Holy Spirit will give us insight in Jesus name. Shalom
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 30, 2014
taiwoawoniyi: Good evening everyone. I have seen argument sprout from different corners and I would like to start by this saying 'Any Christian who questions the trinity is at risk of losing his salvation. Any christian who explains the trinity is at risk of losing his mind'. There is one God(Deut. 6:4). The one God exists in three personalities(1 John 5:7). God the Father(Gal 1:1),God the Son(Isa 9:6) and God the Holy Spirit(2 Cor 3:17). Different in personality,equal in power. Father at creation,Son at salvation and Spirit at regeneration. Each can't exist without the other. I pray that the Holy Spirit will give us insight in Jesus name. Shalom

1. Who told you the person is at the risk of losing his salvation ? Is that written in the bible ? You now mean those who don't question it is at no risk ?
Well the good news is that salvation is not in your hands and you yourself can't buy your way into heaven.(Salvation).

2. Have you tried reading 1John5:7 from other translations like the RSV ?
3. Simply tell me a single passage you see the below expression ;
"God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit"
Also tell us where the Holy Spirit is referred to as God in bible ?
(Note : Matt_28:19 is not it. )
4. Try reading Colossian1:12-16 ,OK ?

Moreover, when Jesus was on earth the Father was there still.

Can you imagine a God praying to himself ? Jesus prayed to the Father.

Don't just make blatant claims.

3 Likes

Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by pureIvory(f): 1:03am On Sep 30, 2014
1st John 5vs7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the father, the word, and the holy ghost and these three are one.

The above simply means that God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit are one. They are not different.
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 4:14am On Sep 30, 2014
pureIvory: 1st John 5vs7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the father, the word, and the holy ghost and these three are one.

The above simply means that God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit are one. They are not different.

Suppose I use and believe only the RSV,how do you intend to convince me with the non-existent verse ?

Why forget the next verse ?
1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
Again,what does it mean to bear records ?
Where in the entire bible do you find the expression below ;
"God the Father,God the Son and God the Holy Spirit"

1 Like

Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 30, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

1. Who told you the person is at the risk of losing his salvation ? Is that written in the bible ? You now mean those who don't question it is at no risk ?
Well the good news is that salvation is not in your hands and you yourself can't buy your way into heaven.(Salvation).

2. Have you tried reading 1John5:7 from other translations like the RSV ?
3. Simply tell me a single passage you see the below expression ;
"God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit"
Also tell us where the Holy Spirit is referred to as God in bible ?
(Note : Matt_28:19 is not it. )
4. Try reading Colossian1:12-16 ,OK ?

Moreover, when Jesus was on earth the Father was there still.

Can you imagine a God praying to himself ? Jesus prayed to the Father.

Don't just make blatant claims.
Bro, I don't want to argue this morning so ill just give you succinct validation of my points
1. The quote wasn't by me and though salvation is free,one can lose it.
2. RSV's translation is a very vague one. You try reading other versions and you'll get a clear view. And besides,RSV is very controversial in translation.
3. Matt 28:19(its proof enough) 1 John 5:7(read other translations)1 cor 3:17 and Acts 5:3,4 and 9(compare these with wisdom) and I'm sure you'll get the message.
4. What about Col 1:12-16, read it in other trans. And you'll get a clear view of the intended meaning.
Lastly bro, I wasn't making 'blatant' claims. They were backed up with scriptures,weren't they? I drop my pen(or phone in this case). Shalom!
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 30, 2014
taiwoawoniyi: Bro, I don't want to argue this morning so ill just give you succinct validation of my points
1. The quote wasn't by me and though salvation is free,one can lose it.
2. RSV's translation is a very vague one. You try reading other versions and you'll get a clear view. And besides,RSV is very controversial in translation.
3. Matt 28:19(its proof enough) 1 John 5:7(read other translations)1 cor 3:17 and Acts 5:3,4 and 9(compare these with wisdom) and I'm sure you'll get the message.
4. What about Col 1:12-16, read it in other trans. And you'll get a clear view of the intended meaning.
Lastly bro, I wasn't making 'blatant' claims. They were backed up with scriptures,weren't they? I drop my pen(or phone in this case). Shalom!

Look at how it is easy to type all those.

--The quote isn't from you but you are using the lie in delight. God will judge.
--RSV is vague but you used it while in school.
But your judgment of it being vague is based on your personal view. You know -preference right ? You don't use it because it is against you.
I won't go far here but who gave you the judgment that the RSV/NIV is vague while others like KJV isn't ?
--You should better read the number three question again.
If you can read and understand you will be able to know what I have asked.
--I used the KJV and not the RSV . Should I now use RSV for reading Col_1:12-16 ?

Lastly,even them that counter the impotent trinity doctrine also state the scriptures to back their claims,so what makes you think you are right while they're not, like Jesus said "we are three persons making up a God".
Lies really feel good believing while being a brainwashed Christian.
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by pureIvory(f): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

Suppose I use and believe only the RSV,how do you intend to convince me with the non-existent verse ?

Why forget the next verse ?
1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
Again,what does it mean to bear records ?
Where in the entire bible do you find the expression below ;
"God the Father,God the Son and God the Holy Spirit"

In the beginning, the spirit of God that is the holy spirit roamed the earth. God created us and we are his sons and daughters through baptism and faith making him our father. In the baptism of Jesus the heavens opened and the voice of God said "THIS IS MY BEGOTTEN SON with whom I am well pleased."
We were created but he came out from God directly. He is one with God the holy spirit that roamed the earth, the father who created us.
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 30, 2014
pureIvory:

In the beginning, the spirit of God that is the holy spirit roamed the earth. God created us and we are his sons and daughters through baptism and faith making him our father. In the baptism of Jesus the heavens opened and the voice of God said "THIS IS MY BEGOTTEN SON with whom I am well pleased."
We were created but he came out from God directly. He is one with God the holy spirit that roamed the earth, the father who created us.

There is nothing like "God the Holy Spirit" in the entire Bible.

Jesus is called Son OF God.

Holy Spirit is called Spirit OF God.

By logic if the (Spirit) of God IS (God)

and the (Son) of God IS (God)

then they are both (God) of God. LOL, don't mind me.

But seriously, the very fact they are called "OF God" proves they are not "God" of whom they are. Unless they are ANOTHER God out "OF God" thus, 3 Gods.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

Look at how it is easy to type all those.

--The quote isn't from you but you are using the lie in delight. God will judge.
--RSV is vague but you used it while in school.
But your judgment of it being vague is based on your personal view. You know -preference right ? You don't use it because it is against you.
I won't go far here but who gave you the judgment that the RSV/NIV is vague while others like KJV isn't ?
--You should better read the number three question again.
If you can read and understand you will be able to know what I have asked.
--I used the KJV and not the RSV . Should I now use RSV for reading Col_1:12-16 ?

Lastly,even them that counter the impotent trinity doctrine also state the scriptures to back their claims,so what makes you think you are right while they're not, like Jesus said "we are three persons making up a God".
Lies really feel good believing while being a brainwashed Christian.
I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I'm not ready to trade words with someone who isn't ready to open his/her eyes to the truth of the scripture. And please,stop quoting me outta context. Its obvious you have taken quite a staunch view and I'm not ready to argue or do any other thing. I rest my case, God be the judge.
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 30, 2014
taiwoawoniyi: I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I'm not ready to trade words with someone who isn't ready to open his/her eyes to the truth of the scripture. And please,stop quoting me outta context. Its obvious you have taken quite a staunch view and I'm not ready to argue or do any other thing. I rest my case, God be the judge.

I'd love you to read the OP and answer the question asked, ok?
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
taiwoawoniyi: I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I'm not ready to trade words with someone who isn't ready to open his/her eyes to the truth of the scripture. And please,stop quoting me outta context. Its obvious you have taken quite a staunch view and I'm not ready to argue or do any other thing. I rest my case, God be the judge.
You only know how to make noise.
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by MightySparrow: 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
Reiyvinn: I'm quite sure that most Nairaland Christians are mainstream Christians, involving Trinitarians and Orthodox so I trust that I'll be getting some answers here.

Granted, I'd just like to throw this little question to you guys:

Isaiah 6:1 reads:

Isaiah writes that he saw the LORD sitting upon a Throne (a single throne).

Ezekiel 1:1, 26-28 reads:

Ezekiel writes that in his vision, he saw God who had the appearance of A man (a single person) sitting on A throne (a single throne) and He is the LORD God almighty.

But. . .

According to the Trinitarian teaching, the LORD God is a composition of three SEPARATE entities/person bound together by one nature, the Godhead. (correct me if I got this wrong)

And, from the Bible again,

Stephen, when talking to the council of Pharisees, Sadducees, e.t.c said:

Now we have three instances:

1.) The LORD God sits on ONE Throne.

2.) The appearance of God to Ezekiel was the likeness of ONE Man.

3.) Jesus sits and the right hand side of God.

Questions:

## God sits on how many throne(s)

## If THREE, what about Isaiah 6:1?

## If ONE, does that reconcile with the fact that Jesus sits at the right hand side of God?

OR as Ezekiel said he saw, is God just One person..... Not three??

Please I need your views.

1. The Isaiah 6 you quoted is not complete. If you read the whole chapter, and compare it with John 14: 40 - 41, there are talking about Jesus.
2. The account of Ezekiel's account is talking about the Holy Ghost. It is the business of Holy Ghost to reveal things pas, present and those to come.
3. The account of Stephen is about Father and Son together, in a vision. One of the scriptural names of Jesus is 'The Branch' meaning what? He is a part of a body.
4. In the concluding part or Revelations there was only one throne mentioned called the throne of God and of the lamb with lamb having seven horns which are seven Spirits of God.
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
MightySparrow:
1. The Isaiah 6 you quoted is not complete. If you read the whole chapter, and compare it with John 14: 40 - 41, there are talking about Jesus.

Conjecture. No proof. The only places Isaiah ever talked of a messiah was Isaiah 7:16, Isaiah 9:6 and Isaiah 53. Isaiah 6 explicitly says "the LORD" (hebrew "YHWH"wink

2. The account of Ezekiel's account is talking about the Holy Ghost. It is the business of Holy Ghost to reveal things pas, present and those to come.

Conjecture. Speculation. No proof. Ezekiel explicitly wrote that he was IN THE SPIRIT when seeing these things (Ezekiel 1:2), he never identified the one on the throne as the Holy Ghost but simply as "the LORD" (hebrew "YHWH"wink

3. The account of Stephen is about Father and Son together, in a vision. One of the scriptural names of Jesus is 'The Branch' meaning what? He is a part of a body.

The Bible calls him "The Branch" not "MY Branch" (as the case would have been). Jesus referred to himself as "The True Vine" and the Father as "The Gardener." The vine is part of the garden not the gardener.

4. In the concluding part or Revelations there was only one throne mentioned called the throne of God and of the lamb with lamb having seven horns which are seven Spirits of God.

Well, I guess that means there are two people on God's throne, (contrary to what Ezekiel said he saw), right?!

Revelation never said that it was ONE throne.

For one, Jesus is said to be sitting at the right hand side of God, therefore, anything before "The throne of God" is also before "The throne of the lamb" which brings about: Before 'the throne of God of the Lamb."

NOTICE: as matter of fact, there are Thrones in heaven, according to the Bible (Daniel 7:9) and even Revelation talks The ONE that sits on the Throne (Revelation 5:1), the same ONE called the ancient of Day in the book of Daniel who is said to be ALONE (Nehemiah 9:6).

BTW, the Lamb is said to have "Seven horns" which is identified as "Seven spirits of God"

Wow 1 Father + 1 Son of God + 7 Spirits of God = 2 + 7 - in unity = Novinity!! 9 - in - One!!

Wow!

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by MightySparrow: 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
Start from these scriptures please read carefully before posting anything.

" Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed." Isaiah 6: 10

John 12: 39 - 41
39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Whose glory did Isaiah see here, read and be honest?
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by MightySparrow: 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
Reiyvinn

I am waiting for your reply, who did Isaiah see in Isaiah 6?±
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
MightySparrow: Reiyvinn

I am waiting for your reply, who did Isaiah see in Isaiah 6?±

Isaiah said, ". . . I saw the LORD upon a throne. . ."

pretty much speaks for itself.

According to the writer, it was the same "LORD" that refers to the messiah as "HIS servant"
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by MightySparrow: 4:16am On Oct 03, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Isaiah said, ". . . I saw the LORD upon a throne. . ."

pretty much speaks for itself.

According to the writer, it was the same "LORD" that refers to the messiah as "HIS servant"

So John 12: 41 is wrong or unreliable or the scripture can be broken or you are not honest?

What about John 1:1? Is the word God?
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by davien(m): 4:43am On Oct 03, 2014
Instead of the approximated 41,000 denominations of christianity to come together and find a resolution to their conflicts(since its based on the same toilet paper) you all drift further apart into more divisions...all identifying as christians and all pointing to the same book as inspirational for your mythical worldviews...
You are self-contradicting all your views because your toilet paper is also contradictory smiley
Re: A Question For Trinitarian Christians by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 03, 2014
MightySparrow:

So John 12: 41 is wrong or unreliable or the scripture can be broken or you are not honest?

What about John 1:1? Is the word God?

John 12:41 does not refer to Isaiah 6. There is no proof of that!

The only places Isaiah talks of a messiah are Isaiah 7:14, 9:6, 42, 53! (one of which may have possibly referred to)

John 1:1 talks of the Word being WITH God. How can the Word be THAT God he is with?

"The Word was God" according to the Bible, only refers to Jesus being "in the form (Gk, Morphe) of God" (Php 2:6) whereby, since he is called the "begotten/born son of God," he carries what is sort of like "God's DNA." He, according to the Bible, has God nature and fullness but is NOT God himself!

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Gossip Magazines Existed In Biblical Times / Rules And Regulation Of Typical Deeper Life Girl / Only Remembered By What We have Done, Not By The Laws We Keep.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.