Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:20 AM

Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (1404 Views)

Anti-corruption Fight: Only Corrupt People Afraid of PMB - Kashamu / Names Of Buhari's 22man Entourage To New York / Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by arcis: 11:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
I write this because of millions of Nigerians who are below 30 and who constitute a significant chunk of our
voting population.

This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the Buhari era (1983-85) and so can be
misinformed and misled by needless propaganda. I have sat with many in the under-30 bracket and those slightly above who only have faint recollections
of the Buhari era and the level of ignorance about that era is amazing.

Before being MILITARY Head of State, Buhari had been Governor of one of the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.Please consider the following unassailable facts:

·He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries.
·There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his successor IBB!
·In his time as Head of State he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other
era, even military).

·JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.
·Under his watch as PTF Chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn't been matched by 12yrs of the PDP.

·Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.

·Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust
Fund, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders.

·He could have retired into nauseating opulence like an IBB or Danjuma or even OBJ but didn't.

·Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the ordinary man most of who follow him out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said of him... "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank".

·He is the only politician in the North today who fills rallies without renting a crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March is eloquent proof!

·He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of the same government.

·He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja .

·Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past eneded up vindicating him! The man who was
asked by OBJ to take over the running of PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the one who ended up being prosecuted
for misappropriating $100m of PTF funds!
Buhari again, was vindicated

·He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today, taken up the challenge.
His personal driver of many years is a
Christian from Plateau State !

·His government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made environmental cleanliness, queuing up,
not urinating by the roadside etc features of our national life even till today Does it then surprise you why
corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari? He
is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to corruption and corrupt people when he comes into office!

So shine your eyes and make
the right decision. If honesty and
probity are the things you want for
Nigeria ,now is the time to choose
right. When you cast your vote for the
BUHARI, you would have cast one vote
for a honest men.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by davo3286: 11:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
Atiku

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by saintvc(m): 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
buhari is wonderful. but he is old.

let his great grand children rule

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by iluvnaija: 11:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
For me it's Buhari or nothing!

I am from the south south, I voted him before and I will again. I new GEJ would mess up because he has no record, just luck used as campaign slogan.

9 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by tunwumi: 5:39am On Sep 30, 2014
This is a good political write up but the problem is change. People change over time.
Who can believe Mr Egbere can turn to this? He was humble before he became the Presido but he's power drunk.

On a lighter note if he pursue aggressively the corrupt officers he will be anti southerners or anti Christian as they will see it that way.

Aviation minster is an example.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Sibabasibaba1: 6:22am On Sep 30, 2014
Another lame attempt to deodorize the image of a maximum despot, coupist and democracy destroyer. He ruled for 20 months and never put machinery in motion to hand over to civilians. Abdulsalsam-who like the senior despot is not also a saint-ruled for just 9 months and handed over to civilians.

Buhari is so afraid of democracy that he has aversion for party primaries. In his three futile attempts to become President he emerged through dictatorship. Ask Rochas and Bafarawa. When in 2011 Shekarau said NO to his dictatorship, Buhari left and formed CPC and characteristically emerged its candidate without primaries.

Did many roads as PTF chairman? Possibly in the North. The only road I know he did in the South East is the Abriba-Uzuakoli Road in Abia State. He MARGINALISED the South East in his roads. I don't know of any road he did in Akwa Ibom. But I did my NYSC during that period in Sokoto. Going through Niger-Kaduna-Katsina-Zamfara-Sokoto, you would see sign posts of PTF projects. Bigot? Judge for your self. Don't give me that PTF and roads bull crap! To be fair to hid PTF, few drugs were bought by PTF for hospitals in the SE and SS. In these regions you would see more of PTF project sign posts in hospitals than roads. Of course, it's cheaper to supplu drugs than build roads. N40 million on drugs will be big but infinitesimal for roads.

As I always say, even if you like wash him with all the perfumes of Arabia, the despotic stench of his image will still be there.

I only pray that when he loses for the umpteenth time next February he will be godly and patriotic enough to tell his boys in the North not to kill Southern youth corps members and loot the shops of Southerners.

9 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 30, 2014
Jonathanians & The Abuja mafia
GMB is a true leader

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Mogidi: 7:34am On Sep 30, 2014
Sibabasibaba1: Another lame attempt to deodorize the image of a maximum despot, coupist and democracy destroyer. He ruled for 20 months and never put machinery in motion to hand over to civilians. Abdulsalsam-who like the senior despot is not also a saint-ruled for just 9 months and handed over to civilians.

Buhari is so afraid of democracy that he has aversion for party primaries. In his three futile attempts to become President he emerged through dictatorship. Ask Rochas and Bafarawa. When in 2011 Shekarau said NO to his dictatorship, Buhari left and formed CPC and characteristically emerged its candidate without primaries.

Did many roads as PTF chairman? Possibly in the North. The only road I know he did in the South East is the Abriba-Uzuakoli Road in Abia State. He MARGINALISED the South East in his roads. I don't know of any road he did in Akwa Ibom. But I did my NYSC during that period in Sokoto. Going through Niger-Kaduna-Katsina-Zamfara-Sokoto, you would see sign posts of PTF projects. Bigot? Judge for your self. Don't give me that PTF and roads bull crap! To be fair to hid PTF, few drugs were bought by PTF for hospitals in the SE and SS. In these regions you would see more of PTF project sign posts in hospitals than roads. Of course, it's cheaper to supplu drugs than build roads. N40 million on drugs will be big but infinitesimal for roads.

As I always say, even if you like wash him with all the perfumes of Arabia, the despotic stench of his image will still be there.

I only pray that when he loses for the umpteenth time next February he will be godly and patriotic enough to tell his boys in the North not to kill Southern youth corps members and loot the shops of Southerners.

GBAM!!
What a briliant write up, devoid of sentiments, kudos.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by ikaboy: 7:58am On Sep 30, 2014
Hmm. Let me confirm from my dad. They were contemporaries. We need more of OP to join the vanguard
arcis: I write this because of millions of Nigerians who are below 30 and who constitute a significant chunk of our
voting population.
This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the Buhari era (1983-85) and so can be
misinformed and misled by needless propaganda. I have sat with many in the under-30 bracket and those slightly above who only have faint recollections
of the Buhari era and the level of ignorance about that era is amazing.

Before being MILITARY Head of State, Buhari had been Governor of one of the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.Please consider the following unassailable facts:

·He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries.
·There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his successor IBB!
·In his time as Head of State he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other
era, even military).

·JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.
·Under his watch as PTF Chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn't been matched by 12yrs of the PDP.

·Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.

·Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust
Fund, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders.

·He could have retired into nauseating opulence like an IBB or Danjuma or even OBJ but didn't.

·Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the ordinary man most of who follow him out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said of him... "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank".

·He is the only politician in the North today who fills rallies without renting a crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March is eloquent proof!

·He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of the same government.

·He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja .

·Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past eneded up vindicating him! The man who was
asked by OBJ to take over the running of PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the one who ended up being prosecuted
for misappropriating $100m of PTF funds!
Buhari again, was vindicated

·He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today, taken up the challenge.
His personal driver of many years is a
Christian from Plateau State !

·His government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made environmental cleanliness, queuing up,
not urinating by the roadside etc features of our national life even till today Does it then surprise you why
corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari? He
is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to corruption and corrupt people when he comes into office!

So shine your eyes and make
the right decision. If honesty and
probity are the things you want for
Nigeria ,now is the time to choose
right. When you cast your vote for the
BUHARI, you would have cast one vote
for a honest men.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by UnknownT: 8:17am On Sep 30, 2014
Afraid? Of someone who has been beaten black and blue in the past 3 elections? I have nothing against Buhari, he should groom someone younger. I wouldn't be surprised come 2018/2019 threads about who is afraid of Buhari will still spring up cheesy . I don't like desperate politicians, the likes of Atiku come to mind. You can still be relevant in national issues without being president

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by ayindejimmy(m): 8:32am On Sep 30, 2014
UnknownT: Afraid? Of someone who has been beaten black and blue in the past 3 elections? I have nothing against Buhari, he should groom someone younger. I wouldn't be surprised come 2018/2019 threads about who is afraid of Buhari will still spring up cheesy . I don't like desperate politicians, the likes of Atiku come to mind. You can still be relevant in national issues without being president
how old do u tink Mandela was when he became presidnt? (75) how old is Buhari nw? If u were a South African, i'm sure ppl like would contest Mandela's presidency on age grounds.
the president calls the shots. We dnt need some1 who's jus relevant, we need a person of intergrity to be at the vanguard of this struggle to cleanse the land of these new height of coruption.
Why r we afraid? Afterall u all doubting Thomas believed Gej when he sold u d 'i av no shoe' line. Why do WE trust lies more than the truth?
This's nt abt age, religion or ethnicity.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by UnknownT: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2014
ayindejimmy:
how old do u tink Mandela was when he became presidnd? the president calls the shots. We dnt need some1 who's jus relevant, we need a person of intergrity to be at the vanguard of this struggle to cleanse the land of these new height of coruption.
Why r we afraid? Afterall u all doubting Thomas believed Gej when he sold u d 'i av no shoe' line. Why do WE trust lies more than the truth?
This's nt abt age, religion or ethnicity.
That it worked for SA doesn't mean it will work for us. Why didn't you use Mugabe as an example of an old leader? Afterall, OBJ came out from prison and was made the president, same thing with Mandela. I wouldn't mind voting a Kwakwanso if it is a must that a Northerner must rule come 2O15. Nobody is afraid of Buhari, since 2OO3, we have being hearing who is afraid of Buhari n each time he keeps failing.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Chubhie: 9:05am On Sep 30, 2014
You guys should stop giving the Gentle General a false sense of being the only knight in shining armour that can rescue Nigeria. If the general is really passionate bout the Nigerian dream then, he should start something like a Buhari leadership institute where he can groom and drill a new younger set of youths on his principles thereby igniting a silent leadership revolution. If he only feels that he has to get his hands on Aso villa before he can be useful he's on a long thing. I guess the General still has something personal in Aso villa that he needs to retrieve. Maybe, a personal vendetta that needs to be payed.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by asadike(f): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2014
Abeg branch! Na only hausa/fulani dey 4 dis country ni or do u want us to give them a permanent presidential ticket?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by ayindejimmy(m): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2014
UnknownT: That it worked for SA doesn't mean it will work for us. Why didn't you use Mugabe as an example of an old leader? Afterall, OBJ came out from prison and was made the president, same thing with Mandela. I wouldn't mind voting a Kwakwanso if it is a must that a Northerner must rule come 2O15. Nobody is afraid of Buhari, since 2OO3, we have being hearing who is afraid of Buhari n each time he keeps failing.
y wouldnt it wrk 4 us? If doin d right tin worked 4 S.A why wouldnt it wrk here? Cos we have ppl who see the hole but nt d doughnut, sees a problem nd nt a challenge.
Even the Mugabe u sited, coruptim is nt as pronounced in Zim. as we witnes nw in Nja. Why do Njas go to schul in Uganda, Ghana and Zim.? How many Zims do u knw skulin in Nja? And he stil enjoy d ppl's support cos if he doesnt a revolutn wuld have occurred. The only issue he has is perpetuatin himself in power

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by lawkie77(m): 10:49am On Sep 30, 2014
i 'll keep contesting till am 90=BUHARI,with this statement we all knw the winner com 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Mogidi: 9:38am On Oct 01, 2014
·There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State.

No real surprise there, the above statement cements our long held belief, he's the chief jihadist.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by PointB: 10:21am On Oct 01, 2014
Afraid of serial loser? That must be in alternate world! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Jmain: 10:33am On Oct 01, 2014

You will surely lose your money, Buhari just like any other politician words should be taken with a pinch of salt.

The same dude who vowed that 2011 will be his last attempt at the polls and that he won't bother to contest his election in the courts , yet he did contest the election in the court and is also planning to throw his doomed hat into the ring again to vie for the 2015 presidency.

No one is scared of a bad product like Buhari . .Most Nigerians despise the old dull man . . .

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by dan55: 11:25am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by VoteOutPDPJona: 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
The guy that shields looters from conviction - GEJ

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
You read the replies and you just feel sorry for Nigeria youths. Most of them are going to live a very hard life and they can't even see it.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by anonimi: 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
Chubhie: You guys should stop giving the Gentle General a false sense of being the only knight in shining armour that can rescue Nigeria. If the general is really passionate bout the Nigerian dream then, he should start something like a Buhari leadership institute where he can groom and drill a new younger set of youths on his principles thereby igniting a silent leadership revolution. If he only feels that he has to get his hands on Aso villa before he can be useful he's on a long thing. I guess the General still has something personal in Aso villa that he needs to retrieve. Maybe, a personal vendetta that needs to be payed.

For the highlighted, you may wish to consider the oft-repeated maxim:

You can not give what you do NOT have.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
OP, we know say buhari get integrity...but does he hav any new, and relevant ideas for today's nigeria? Nigeria of 1970 is not d same Naija in 2014.

Personally, I nid a president dat can create at least 1 million jobs in 4yrs and also improve d economy and reduce poverty. I dont nid a leader dat will waste 4yrs in arresting corrupt leaders. So NO, I will not vote for buhari becos he cant take us forward.

Fashola, Tambuwal, Oshiomele, dose are men with ideas for today's Nigeria.

To me, buhari is expired cargo dat is blinded by old glory. Voting for buhari is like asking maradonna to coach super eagles. Old glory sucks! cheesy
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Chubhie: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
anonimi:

For the highlighted, you may wish to consider the oft-repeated maxim:
That's assuming his integrity as been touted by his followers as his only sellable quality hence the reason to vote him come 2015 is truly true
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:55am On Oct 02, 2014
obongproff: OP, we know say buhari get integrity...but does he hav any new, and relevant ideas for today's nigeria? Nigeria of 1970 is not d same Naija in 2014.

Personally, I nid a president dat can create at least 1 million jobs in 4yrs and also improve d economy and reduce poverty. I dont nid a leader dat will waste 4yrs in arresting corrupt leaders. So NO, I will not vote for buhari becos he cant take us forward.

Fashola, Tambuwal, Oshiomele, dose are men with ideas for today's Nigeria.

To me, buhari is expired cargo dat is blinded by old glory. Voting for buhari is like asking maradonna to coach super eagles. Old glory sucks! cheesy
Sadly, you're obviously not very smart. I'll tell you why.

Say,when you were in the Third Grade you had a problem with Multiplication, but 25yrs later you run into your old maths and he automatically assumes---without even giving you a chance to try to erase his doubt---that because you didn't know what 2x2 was as a 8yr old, that you probably still don't know the right answer now that you're in your 30s. Does that sound smart to you because that's exactly how you sound when you say "I don't think Buhari has any 21st century idea".

You judge a man based on his history, that's how you know what he will do in the future. If a man was a criminal in the past, chances are more than likely he will continue being a criminal. If a woman was upstanding in the past, the chances are very high that she'll continue with that character into the future. Leopards can't change their spots, and you can't turn a ho into a housewife. Same way chances are more than high that GEJ, Alams, Bode George, Buruji Kashamu, Lucky IGbendion, Andy Uba and Co will continue stealing everything that belongs to you while men like Buhari will sit on the sidelines hoping one day you people will open your eyes.

If you don't have old glory, then you have nothing to stand on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Sibabasibaba1: 3:50am On Oct 02, 2014
Yea, we have to judge Buhari based on his history-history of criminality and dictatorship; violating the constitution by sacking a duely elected and sworn-in government through the barrel of gun .

Yea, history!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 02, 2014
Buhari is too old for Nigeria..We no want leader wen go dey cry joor

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 02, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Sadly, you're obviously not very smart. I'll tell you why.

Say,when you were in the Third Grade you had a problem with Multiplication, but 25yrs later you run into your old maths and he automatically assumes---without even giving you a chance to try to erase his doubt---that because you didn't know what 2x2 was as a 8yr old, that you probably still don't know the right answer now that you're in your 30s. Does that sound smart to you because that's exactly how you sound when you say "I don't think Buhari has any 21st century idea".

You judge a man based on his history, that's how you know what he will do in the future. If a man was a criminal in the past, chances are more than likely he will continue being a criminal. If a woman was upstanding in the past, the chances are very high that she'll continue with that character into the future. Leopards can't change their spots, and you can't turn a ho into a housewife. Same way chances are more than high that GEJ, Alams, Bode George, Buruji Kashamu, Lucky IGbendion, Andy Uba and Co will continue stealing everything that belongs to you while men like Buhari will sit on the sidelines hoping one day you people will open your eyes.

If you don't have old glory, then you have nothing to stand on.

Well, I may not be smart to u but dats none of my business.

U see, being a president for Buhari has two major options:
(a) Fight corruption for 4yrs and afta 4yrs our GDP remains $590b or we just manage hit $600b.

(b) Create over 2 million jobs in 4yrs and our GDP rises to like $800b while our GDP per capital income increases also. Unfortunately, he can only achieve d first one becos d general sed if we vote for him he will fight corruption and secure nigeria...cos he has no idea on how to improve nigeria.

Fighting poverty is more important dan fighting corruption. D only economic benefit of fighting corruption is minimising wastes but it doesnt create more wealth. What we nid is creation of more wealth with even distribution not just minimising wastes.

Buhari does not hav sound economic or technical ideas. He's like d strict maths teacher who disciplines his students but more dan 90% of his students cant get above a C in maths. But den der is a rascal teacher, who has even been accused of abusing one of his students. He may be a rascal but all his students love maths and are doing well, none of his students can fail a maths test and many of his students score more dan a C in maths on a regular basis. In fact if his students had a competition with d students or Mr. Discipline day wd beat dem hands down. Now who is a beta maths teacher between dis two? Mr. Rascal or Mr. Discipline? Now of wot use is disciplining a student when u cant make d student get beta grades?

Assuming der are two people vying for a managerial position in my firm. Mr. A is good at reducing running costs cos he believes company can make more money by spending less. And Mr. B is good at meeting targets and making huge profits for d company. But he believes in promo, promo, promo which involves partying and a lot of spending. Who do u think I wd employ? If u tot I wd employ Mr. A sori ur stupid. Its Mr. B all d way! Let him spend more money so long as d company makes much more in return.

Buhari is Mr. Discipline and dat makes him stand out. But to me discipline without overall improvement is bullshit. When Buhari comes up with an idea to create at least 1 million jobs, den I can endorse him but till den he can take his old Mr. Discipline
ass and go hug kainji dam. cheesy

If I was d president of dis nation, I will make Buhari the director general and national overall chairman, and ceo of ICPC and EFCC plus Minister of Defence. Dat way he can focus on fighting corruption and securing naija while I focus on creating more jobs. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:05am On Oct 02, 2014
obongproff:

Well, I may not be smart to u but dats none of my business.

U see, being a president for Buhari has two major options:
(a) Fight corruption for 4yrs and afta 4yrs our GDP remains $590b or we just manage hit $600b.

(b) Create over 2 million jobs in 4yrs and our GDP rises to like $800b while our GDP per capital income increases also. Unfortunately, he can only achieve d first one becos d general sed if we vote for him he will fight corruption and secure nigeria...cos he has no idea on how to improve nigeria.

Fighting poverty is more important dan fighting corruption. D only economic benefit of fighting corruption is minimising wastes but it doesnt create more wealth. What we nid is creation of more wealth with even distribution not just minimising wastes.

Buhari does not hav sound economic or technical ideas. He's like d strict maths teacher who disciplines his students but more dan 90% of his students cant get above a C in maths. But den der is a rascal teacher, who has even been accused of abusing one of his students. He may be a rascal but all his students love maths and are doing well, none of his students can fail a maths test and many of his students score more dan a C in maths on a regular basis. In fact if his students had a competition with d students or Mr. Discipline day wd beat dem hands down. Now who is a beta maths teacher between dis two? Mr. Rascal or Mr. Discipline? Now of wot use is disciplining a student when u cant make d student get beta grades?

Assuming der are two people vying for a managerial position in my firm. Mr. A is good at reducing running costs cos he believes company can make more money by spending less. And Mr. B is good at meeting targets and making huge profits for d company. But he believes in promo, promo, promo which involves partying and a lot of spending. Who do u think I wd employ? If u tot I wd employ Mr. A sori ur stupid. Its Mr. B all d way! Let him spend more money so long as d company makes much more in return.

Buhari is Mr. Discipline and dat makes him stand out. But to me discipline without overall improvement is bullshit. When Buhari comes up with an idea to create at least 1 million jobs, den I can endorse him but till den he can take his old Mr. Discipline
ass and go hug kainji dam. cheesy

If I was d president of dis nation, I will make Buhari the director general and national overall chairman, and ceo of ICPC and EFCC plus Minister of Defence. Dat way he can focus on fighting corruption and securing naija while I focus on creating more jobs. cheesy
And who told you GEJ is the reason why the rebased GDP is higher? How has the high GDP affected you and 75% of the unemployed workforce? Or you don't know what 75% of a 100% is? Oh, You didn't see the news when 3,000 jobs were available in Immigration and stadiums all over the country were filled to the brim as if Brazil was playing England in a world cup final? Ah, I get you now, you need Buhari to tell you his plan on how he intends to create jobs so Gej can steal his ideas and claim it as his own?

And, see that silly analogy you made about Mr.A and Mr.B? Well,in case you don't understand why we're all complaining; no money is being spent on jackshiyyyyt investments unlike your claim--- most of the money is stolen from the people and either ends up in private bedrooms, offshore accounts, or on Private Jets owned by the Chief pastor of the country. For example, when they budget $100million for road construction and $90million of that amount is stolen by the politicians and ends up in Cyprus, Cayman Islands and South Africa is that development to you because that's what happens in your country every freaking day!

Fighting poverty is more important than fighting corruption?! You will never stop fighting poverty in a place where corruption is endemic like Nigeria.

Finally, as to your "Mr. Rascal the abusive but smart teacher" analogy. Well, sir, if a person is abusive then he has no reason being around kids talk less of 'mentoring' them. But I bet it'd take me 10yrs to explain to you why abuse (physical or mental) is something to be seriously frowned upon.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:25am On Oct 02, 2014
obongproff:

Poor, poor, little ignorant African boy,you.

Where do I even start with this?

Boy, corruption destroys every facet of your economy. It destroys your society from the top down. First of all, erase that thought of "what we need is even distribution of wealth"; how the hell do you expect that to happen when a few people have cornered all the monies meant for the country for themselves? Oh, you think they'll suddenly feel bad for yall and start handing out free money one day?

When the President and his cronies seek/accept bribes from foreign companies before being allowed to invest in Nigeria, those countries will in turn try to recoup their money by billing Nigerians outrageously while also providing shoddy services to the citizenry without any fear of reprimand because they know nothing will happen as the Chief Law enforcement officer of the country has already been compromised.

You have to bribe Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, Cops, Teachers, Soldiers, Governors, Ministers, Civil Servants, Government officials, Private workers, Public Workers, Miscreants...basically, every facet of society, to perform their duty without seeking monetary inducement. Does this sound like a normal society to you? Or does it sound like a place where development will come to even in 200yrs?

You can keep making up every excuse you want as to why Buhari should not be President(most likely) because of your self prejudice and hate, but I'll tell you this : OBJ, Yar Adua, now GEJ... gahead and retain Jonathan or replace him with another criminal if you wish, but your country will never develop and the poor will never see salvation if corruption is not fully addressed and tackled aggressively.

Most of you look at corruption as a way of life and are OK with it and that, I guess, is what baffles the rest of the sane world.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Poor, poor, little ignorant African boy,you.

Where do I even start with this?

Boy, corruption destroys every facet of your economy. It destroys your society from the top down. First of all, erase that thought of "what we need is even distribution of wealth"; how the hell do you expect that to happen when a few people have cornered all the monies meant for the country for themselves? Oh, you think they'll suddenly feel bad for yall and start handing out free money one day?

When the President and his cronies seek/accept bribes from foreign companies before being allowed to invest in Nigeria, those countries will in turn try to recoup their money by billing Nigerians outrageously while also providing shoddy services to the citizenry without any fear of reprimand because they know nothing will happen as the Chief Law enforcement officer of the country has already been compromised.

You have to bribe Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, Cops, Teachers, Soldiers, Governors, Ministers, Civil Servants, Government officials, Private workers, Public Workers, Miscreants...basically, every facet of society, to perform their duty without seeking monetary inducement. Does this sound like a normal society to you? Or does it sound like a place where development will come to even in 200yrs?

You can keep making up every excuse you want as to why Buhari should not be President(most likely) because of your self prejudice and hate, but I'll tell you this : OBJ, Yar Adua, now GEJ... gahead and retain Jonathan or replace him with another criminal if you wish, but your country will never develop and the poor will never see salvation if corruption is not fully addressed and tackled aggressively.

Most of you look at corruption as a way of life and are OK with it and that, I guess, is what baffles the rest of the sane world.

ADIOK UNO FIEN!

BABA, BUHARI CANNOT CREATE AT LEAST ONE MILLION JOBS WITHIN FOUR YRS COS HE'S TOO DAFT FOR SUCH IDEAS.

ANY MAN DAT CAN DO DAT IS FIT TO RULE NAIJA. AND D ONLY GUY WHOM I SUSPECT HAV SUCH MENTAL CAPACITY IS FASHOLA, DOE TAMBUWA, AND OSHIOMOLE FIT TRY SHA.

BUHARI IS NOT SMART ENOUGH FOR ME. I NEED A SMART ASS NIGGA IN DAT SEAT AND BUHARI JUST AINT IT.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IBB Got It Wrong Once Again / Buhari Coup Stopped Lagos Housing Projects / BREAKING: Katsina College Releases Buhari’s WASC Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.