Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo (1885 Views)

Buhari Can’t Win Election With Cabals Surrounding Him – Gov Sule Lamido / Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola / PDP Must Win EDO State-bamangar Tukur(pdp National Party Chairman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by donphilopus: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2014
By Simon Ebegbulem

BENIN—THE All Progressives Congress, APC, in Edo State, yesterday, reacted to the boast by President Goodluck Jonathan that his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, will recapture Edo State come 2015 and 2016, saying that it was a tall dream to think that “Chief Tom Ikimi, who recently joined the PDP will win Edo State for him.”

The President had at weekend’s unity rally of the PDP in Benin City, said that the party would win Rivers and Edo states back in 2015 and 2016, adding that in Rivers State, “We know that the party in charge is PDP, the APC only exists on bill boards.”

From left: Aremo Osoba, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.) Chief Akande, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Malla Nuhu Ribadu, Senator Lawal Shuaibu and others ACN, members at the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) National Convention held at Onikan Stadium, Lagos Island. on 18/04/2013. Photo: Bunmi Azeez

Reacting, the APC, through the Special Adviser to Governor Adams Oshiomhole on Political Matters and a member of the state APC caucus, Mr. Charles Idahosa, reminded the President that the Binis who constitute over 50 per cent of the population of Edo State have been marginalised in his government, adding that it will, therefore, be a “tall dream” to think that the Esan god- fathers will win Edo for him.

“It is unfortunate that the President is being deceived by the PDP leaders here and people like Ikimi who recently defected to the PDP because he lost out in the chairmanship contest of the APC. It is just a dream they can never achieve. As for Tom Ikimi who spoke during the rally, how many people decamped to PDP with him? None of the defectors can match Oshiomhole’s foot soldiers and they know it.

“Ikimi said he left APC because after cooking the food people came and stole both the pot and the food. But in this case, he forgot that it was Ize-Iyamu who cooked those that left the APC for PDP but he went to the stadium to hijack the show by introducing Ize-Iyamu instead of Ize-Iyamu introducing Ikimi to the President.

“Ize-Iyamu who did all the cooking is now a spectator. The only people who spoke at that rally, in Benin soil were two Esan people, Anenin and Ikimi and that is the continuation of the subjugation of the Binis by the minorities. Dr Samuel Ogbemudia was never mentioned there, former Governor Lucky Igbinedion was seated there, his father Esama was seated and none of them spoke, yet President Jonathan is boasting that PDP will win Edo. That is laughable.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/apc-to-jonathan-pdp-cant-win-edo/
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by lanrexdo(m): 9:50am On Sep 30, 2014
All the PDP wants is power, GEJ is everywhere but when last did he do a presidential tour around the country but when it comes to re-election. He is everywhere trying to win. What kind of president do we have. It is shameful. I weep for my country. Why can't he explain what happened to the 9.3 million dollars on his rallies. He is busy trying to loot this country dry with lawlessness. This country is falling under GEJ. What meaningful introduction has he done to this country. He talked about 50% reduction in poverty. Our president who just keep telling us statistics, He keep saying that because BH have killed a little percent of northern. What kind of mind set is that.

5 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 30, 2014
Edo state is a strong hold of the APC. Gov Oshiomhole has ensured that and there is no doubt abt it. PDP can win Edo state but not now nor in the next 10years

8 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by 2cato: 10:17am On Sep 30, 2014
elvisosho: Edo state is a strong hold of the APC. Gov Oshiomhole has ensured that and there is no doubt abt it. PDP can win Edo state but not now nor in the next 10years
the last time gej came to edo state for TAN i saw oshiomole jumping up and down to wellcome gej. Gej went futher to dipp his hand into his pocket and gave oshiomole kola which he gladdly collected.
@ donphilopus ur case worst pass akpos the mumu clown. The only way APC can retain edo state is for them to make oshiomole a vice president in their next election.

1 Like

Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2014
2cato: the last time gej came to edo state for TAN i saw oshiomole jumping up and down to wellcome gej. Gej went futher to dipp his hand into his pocket and gave oshiomole kola which he gladdly collected.
@ donphilopus ur case worst pass akpos the mumu clown. The only way APC can retain edo state is for them to make oshiomole a vice president in their next election.
quite true,I suspected as much when I heard Oshiomhole joined the presidential race,he isn't aiming to be any president,he is after the VP slot. He'll have to battle it out with Amaechi tho. This would really rock the boat of the party
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by donphilopus: 11:33am On Sep 30, 2014
lanrexdo: All the PDP wants is power, GEJ is everywhere but when last did he do a presidential tour around the country but when it comes to re-election. He is everywhere trying to win. What kind of president do we have. It is shameful. I weep for my country. Why can't he explain what happened to the 9.3 million dollars on his rallies. He is busy trying to loot this country dry with lawlessness. This country is falling under GEJ. What meaningful introduction has he done to this country. He talked about 50% reduction in poverty. Our president who just keep telling us statistics, He keep saying that because BH have killed a little percent of northern. What kind of mind set is that.

You've said it all. All he's interested in, is his re-election campaign. He doesn't even wanna speak on the $9.3m saga. I weep for those who support him blindly!

3 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 30, 2014
donphilopus:
Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/apc-to-jonathan-pdp-cant-win-edo/

The truth of the matter is everybody in Edo State is disappointed in Adam Oshiomole leadership. APC is a party you cannot trust. Oshiomole brought the issue of 1 man 1 vote in Nigeria but everybody saw what happened in the last LG election. OSHIOMOLE was even stoned in his LG. The second coming of Adam Oshiomole is just like 4 wasted years. APC reasons with there anus. Ikimi is a high profile recognise National politician and Eze Iyamu is just a strong state politician so you don't expect them to have the same power. Everybody knows Anenih is the party BOT chairman so he must give a speech not only in Edo but all over Nigeria for the rally. No sensible human being will give Lucky Igbinedion time to talk because that will be the end of the show. To conclude everything PDP is winning Edo State back because APC has failed the people and the party structure is not strong in Edo State anymore because of there selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by mrjangaweed: 11:34am On Sep 30, 2014
lanrexdo: All the PDP wants is power, GEJ is everywhere but when last did he do a presidential tour around the country but when it comes to re-election. He is everywhere trying to win. What kind of president do we have. It is shameful. I weep for my country. Why can't he explain what happened to the 9.3 million dollars on his rallies. He is busy trying to loot this country dry with lawlessness. This country is falling under GEJ. What meaningful introduction has he done to this country. He talked about 50% reduction in poverty. Our president who just keep telling us statistics, He keep saying that because BH have killed a little percent of northern. What kind of mind set is that.

just sharap

1 Like

Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by mrjangaweed: 11:35am On Sep 30, 2014
Skillbobralph:

The truth of the matter is everybody in Edo State is disappointed in Adam Oshiomole leadership. APC is a party you cannot trust. Oshiomole brought the issue of 1 man 1 vote in Nigeria but everybody saw what happened in the last LG election. OSHIOMOLE was even stoned in his LG. The second coming of Adam Oshiomole is just like 4 wasted years. APC reasons with there anus. Ikimi is a high profile recognise National politician and Eze Iyamu is just a strong state politician so you don't expect them to have the same power. Everybody knows Anenih is the party BOT chairman so he must give a speech not only in Edo but all over Nigeria for the rally. No sensible human being will give Lucky Igbinedion time to talk because that will be the end of the show. To conclude everything PDP is winning Edo State back because APC has failed the people and the party structure is not strong in Edo State anymore because of there selfish interest.

gbam gbam gbam

1 Like

Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by donphilopus: 11:40am On Sep 30, 2014
2cato: the last time gej came to edo state for TAN i saw oshiomole jumping up and down to wellcome gej. Gej went futher to dipp his hand into his pocket and gave oshiomole kola which he gladdly collected.

If you think people would vote PDP in Edo State with the likes of Anenih, Igbinedion, Ize-Iyamu and Ikimi still in their midst, then you surely need to have yourself examined!

2 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by donphilopus: 11:47am On Sep 30, 2014
Skillbobralph:

If you can just point to us what PDP did in Edo State during their 10yrs of misrule, then I'd believe that APC has truly failed you. But, if you can't, then just bury your head in shame. You can't even compare Oshiomole's 6yrs to the 10yrs PDP misruled us, yet you're here spewing balderdash!

5 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Idumose(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
donphilopus:

If you think people would vote PDP in Edo State with the likes of Anenih, Igbinedion, Ize-Iyamu and Ikimi still in their midst, then you surely need to have yourself examined!
Donphilopus,i will not argue with you on edo politics since you hail from there.

One thing i know is that the PDP messed up the state big time when Lucky
Igbinedion was the governor.Lucky brought edo to it's knees during his 8years
As governor.We thought PdP had learnt their lessons from fielding inept persons
to stand for public office.It was when they fielded yet another useless retired general
to contest for governorship against oshiomhole that i realized they have lost edo state
for good.I was ashamed of the general and those who fielded him during their debate
preceeding the election.Oshiomhole messed him up during the debate which was organized
by channels TV.

The next state i would love PDP to lose is Delta state.Uduaghan is a mistake in Delta state.SMH

1 Like

Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by donphilopus: 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
Idumose:
Donphilopus,i will not argue with you on edo politics since you hail from there.

to stand for public office.It was when they fielded yet another useless retired general
to contest for governorship against oshiomhole that i realized they have lost edo state
for good.I was ashamed of the general and those who fielded him during their debate
preceeding the election.Oshiomhole messed him up during the debate which was organized
by channels TV.

The next state i would love PDP to lose is Delta state.Uduaghan is a mistake in Delta state.SMH

Is this truly Idumuose?!
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Thugpassion: 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2014

Even if Oshiomole is made APC presidential candidate, Edo state is already for PDP.
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by donphilopus: 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
Thugpassion:

Even if Oshiomole is made APC presidential candidate, Edo state is already for PDP.

Keep deceiving yourself. I'm so sure you control the State HoA. Hocus pocus!
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Amanwulu1(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
talk is cheap.
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Idumose(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
donphilopus:

Is this truly Idumuose?!
Yes i am.That we are on the opposing sides of the political divide doesn't mean
i will shut my eyes to the truth.i am serving a 7day ban starting from today.

Courtesy of berem's botttom power gringrin grin

Moreover,i have never hidden my disdain for edo and delta PDP.
This moniker remains active until 7th oct.
Thank you.
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by shizzle11(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
Idumose:

Thank you.

i dont understand, are you now given prior information as to when you begin to serve a ban
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
Idumose:

Thank you.

good for you! Next time,learn how to talk properly. I nwere onu ojo!!

Ntooorrr!!!
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Idumose(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2014
berem: good for you! Next time,learn how to talk properly. I nwere onu ojo!!

Ntooorrr!!!
grin gringrin gringrin gringrin
O puta ziri na i na emepere onye obula "that thing" ka ha
were gba ikwokrikwo? grin gringrin gringrin gringrin grin

If you can use botttttom power to ban a poster,i wonder what you
will use if you are pursuing a contract.

1 Like

Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
Idumose:
grin gringrin gringrin gringrin

Reporting you right away!
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Idumose(m): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
shizzle11: i dont understand, are you now given prior information as to when you begin to serve a ban
My ban will expire on 7th of october starting from today so saith nairaland dictator mynd44
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by shizzle11(m): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
Idumose:
My ban will expire on 7th of october starting from today so saith nairaland dictator mynd44
oh that fool banned you, i get you now
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Idumose:

by channels TV.

The Uduaghan you are saying is a mistake is far better that Oshiomole considering some of the developmental stripes I saw when I visited Delta State last warri precisely. My guy stop watching those 10D digital cameras you see on TV and newspaper about Edo State, come to Edo and see for yourself and ask any corper from your area who was posted to Edo State how it is starting from the NYSC camp to the area of primary assignment and I believe they will confirm what i am saying.
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Goandie: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
Apc una don dey make mouth again abi na so una do wey una lose ekiti election yama yama 2 Pdp.
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by donphilopus: 3:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
Idumose:

Thank you.

Una no dey hear word ooo... Wish you a very long ban next time!
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by atlwireles: 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
Funny almajiris making their usual noise. Even with Osho as APC presidential candidate, APC will lose Edo.
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Idumose(m): 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Skillbobralph:

The Uduaghan you are saying is a mistake is far better that Oshiomole considering some of the developmental stripes I saw when I visited Delta State last warri precisely. My guy stop watching those 10D digital cameras you see on TV and newspaper about Edo State, come to Edo and see for yourself and ask any corper from your area who was posted to Edo State how it is starting from the NYSC camp to the area of primary assignment and I believe they will confirm what i am saying.
Well sir,i have never been to warri before but i'm just using Asaba as a yardstick to
Measure Delta state development.Delta state dwarfs edo in revenue allocation.
But then my people in Benin said Oshiomhole is only developing only the areas inhabited by
the elites in benin while places like aduwawa and other places have been neglected.
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by donphilopus: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2014
atlwireles: Funny almajiris making their usual noise. Even with Osho as APC presidential candidate, APC will lose Edo.

Look at who's speaking. Have you forgotten some youths in Delta State wanna drag your master to the EFCC?! In case you've forgotten though, here's the thread: www.nairaland.com/1922474/delta-youths-drag-gov-uduaghan#26672557

Meanwile, we all would still be on Nairaland here when the result for Edo State would be announced. So, till then, keep dreaming!
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Idumose(m): 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
donphilopus:

Una no dey hear word ooo... Wish you a very long ban next time!
I say amen to your wish.But your wish can only come to pass when Jonathan must have trounces
Whatever criminnal your party OPC APC is fielding as presidential candidate because
whatever comment i idumuose will be posting theretofore could as well attract a lengthy ban.
As long as i am serving a lenghty ban and Jonathan is still on the throne,so be it.
As long as i am serving a lenghty ban and Buhari continues to lose elections,i have no problem.

I don't give a hoot if APC governs edo state for 60years.

All i care is Jonathan must win 2015 election or else ......

Njinji e jie. grin gringrin
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Dinobenson: 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
It is adviceable to visit Edo state and interracts with the natives to get a clear picture of happenings before jumping to conclusion.To say the least Oshio disappointed me,i can still recall his inaugration speech when he was shouting 'no more ticketing and security votes'.SMH.
Re: APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo by Idumose(m): 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dinobenson: It is adviceable to visit Edo state and interracts with the natives to get a clear picture of happenings before jumping to conclusion.To say the least Oshio disappointed me,i can still recall his inaugration speech when he was shouting 'no more ticketing and security votes'.SMH.
I have so many cousins and friends living in benin and non of them has any nice things to say about Oshhiomhole.
He has also failed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-rufai Posts Leaked Document Ofpdp Plan B For 2015 / Breaking-- Edo Commissioner For Investments And Ppp Dennis Idahosa Joins Pdp / APC Running Out Of Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.