Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,233 members, 7,867,609 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin (1292 Views)

Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yes. Before you crucify me, hear me out.

I wasn't a cheater in my school days though ANd I dont encourage spying.

However, when it comes to things of God, I don't shy away from the real truth or become emotional.

It is not a sin to spy ANd "carry expo" in exams for the following reasons

1. No law against it: This does not violate the chief law because it doesnt hurt your neighbour.

2. Survival of the fittest: to survive the hardship of this world, academically ANd biologivally, you have to edge out others. If you are not naturally brilliant, you must be smart ethically or unethically to scale through. You just need that certificate. God isn't concerned how you get it as long as u don't violate the commandments.

3. It is a sin against worldly government, not against God. Even though God wants us to give to cesar what belongs to cesar, he didn't say we will go to hell if we don't. If you are ready to face the penalty of been caught, you are on your own. God no vex.

I nees your opinions
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by Dbestmax(m): 6:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
U got mine...
Only God knows what it contains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
Starting to lose count of these absurd teachings...

Abortion is not wrong
IVF is great
Fornication is cool
Cheating in exams is now morally upright??

I wonder what is next!

1 Like

Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by EagleScribes: 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
striktlymi: Starting to lose count of these absurd teachings...

Abortion is not wrong
IVF is great
Fornication is cool
Cheating in exams is now morally upright??

I wonder what is next!

Corruption is not stealing. Stealing is not a sin against God. It is a means of survival
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by blessedvisky(m): 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Too bad folks nowadays are always looking for means to justify their absurd ways with absurd explanations nd doctrines.... Na wa oo
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 01, 2014
@eagle... stealing is a sin becos there is a law against it. However, not all forms of stealing is worthy of hell. God made provision for poor ANd hungry israelites. Farmers must leave a part of the harvest for the poor. A poor can eat of a farm he didn't sow a seed.

But in naija... where is such provision. Even God knows that we must survive no matter. So a hungry man can still be justified before God for stealing.

As for spying. I repeat that it is not a sin. It is a form of beating the worldly system put in place to limit people.

It is your right to earn a living regardless of your educational background. So if the educational system is there to limit you. Beat it by all means necessary without breaking the laws of God. ANd God will be with you.

Pls put aside your religion induced guilt.

Your opinions pls
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by lastmessenger: 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
newken: @eagle... stealing is a sin becos there is a law against it. However, not all forms of stealing is worthy of hell. God made provision for poor ANd hungry israelites. Farmers must leave a part of the harvest for the poor. A poor can eat of a farm he didn't sow a seed.

But in naija... where is such provision. Even God knows that we must survive no matter. So a hungry man can still be justified before God for stealing.

As for spying. I repeat that it is not a sin. It is a form of beating the worldly system put in place to limit people.

It is your right to earn a living regardless of your educational background. So if the educational system is there to limit you. Beat it by all means necessary without breaking the laws of God. ANd God will be with you.

Pls put aside your religion induced guilt.

Your opinions pls
Logic things.
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by honeychild(f): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly. - Hebrew 13:18

Cheating in an exam is not being honest in all things. An exam is meant to certify that you have acquired the knowledge required for that certificate. If you don't really have that knowledge, you are lying by representing that you do.

And do you really think you are not harming anyone by cheating at exams? Wait till you are treated at a hospital by a doctor who cheated during his exams. Or you find yourself upon a collapsing bridge designed and built by engineers who cheated in school.
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
@honeychild. Nice points.

However, in Nigeria examinations are just there as stepping stones. If you really think our graduate engineers have the practical knowledge to build bridges, you are wrong. Most people just read to pass because the practical application is not available to them.

People just cram ANd pour down all in the exam hall. Most of what they read are forgotten in no time. So if it takes you to spy to get through. You are only beating a man made system. Not Gods'

Above all. It might be Morally wrong, but it is not a sin against God. Life is war. All is fare in war. Survival of the fittest. Besides we all deserve a good life regardless of our academic ability. But Education in our part of the world operates in a way that makes it a do or die affair.

Breaking school ANd institutional rules does not command devine punishment except if it is against the laws of God.
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
@OP, abeg go open church sharparly! E be lyk say I don see where I go dey worship cheesy
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
@black stallion

Very funny
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by kevoh(m): 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
Spying/cheating during exam is wrong! OP, please stop sugarcoating and encouraging vices. Don't care whether one god considers it as a sin or means of survival, cheating is BAD.

newken:
. If you are not naturally brilliant, you must be smart ethically or unethically to scale through. You just need that certificate . God isn't concerned how you get it as long as u don't violate the commandments.

At the boldface, such mentality is dangerous and should be discouraged.
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
@kevoh.

I understand. However, if you have had a date with poverty, you'l understand that this world is a world of competition where you have to survive at all cost, or else you are relegated to surfer ANd die in penury. Sadly no one cares.

That's why in spiritual context, morally right or wrong, if a deed isn't against any law of God, I won't callbit sin.

Where there is no law, there is no sin. A sin against the world is not against God if God didn't give a law against such...
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by kevoh(m): 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
newken:
@kevoh.
I understand. However, if you have had a date with poverty, you'l understand that this world is a world of competition where you have to survive at all cost, or else you are relegated to surfer ANd die in penury. Sadly no one cares.

[s]
That's why in spiritual context, morally right or wrong, if a deed isn't against any law of God, I won't callbit sin.

Where there is no law, there is no sin. A sin against the world is not against God if God didn't give a law against such...
[/s]
Don't really care much about your last two paragraphs.

I agree it's a world of competition but like they say two wrongs don't make a right! Like someone stated earlier, would you allow a doctor who cheated and knows next to nothing treat you?

The problem here is people assuming that cheating is right due to survival means especially kids after reading this thread. It might sound harmless when one person does it but it becomes a major problem worse than Ebola when you have a generation of ignorant youths and oldies who believed and have passed through education carrying expos.
Re: Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
I understand the concern here. It is morrally wrong ANd should be discouraged.

Just as we preserve some animals from extinction. Even though we claim to have rights to hunt ANd eat them to the last..... afterall its not a sin to kill them all.

Either we like it or not, the world is not fair. We have so many ignorant leaders. It has always been so since the begining of the world.... life is war, only the strong survive.

Imagine how israel battled many nations killing all inhabitants. If that isn't cruelty, what is it.

Yet it had to be done ANd no one carea. Even God.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Correct Nigeria's Religions? / Portrait Of Pope Benedict Xvi Made Of Condoms Sparks Debates (photo) / Why Does Nairaland Promote Atheism And Hate Christianity So Much???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.