Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,013 members, 7,956,756 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:15 PM

Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? (8840 Views)

Nigeria's 55th Independence Day Game / Independence Day Speech In Kannada Language 2015 | 15 August Speech In Kannada / Independence Day Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by piagetskinner(m): 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Change the fact that our leaders made our country a corrupt shitehole#
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by kinggsammy: 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
I ADD MORE STATES.....
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by muktarmtt(m): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
I will change GEJ cos he is d main problem of dis country all dis Killing bombing etc he promote it he let it rain cos if his 20152015 ambition , even i didnt have power now on 2015 i have it by voting him out of asokorock
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by empress4u: 6:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
i wuld make sure agriculture becomes d major source of revenue nt oil. n wil ensure adequate power supply

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by royalblood21: 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
The syetem of government we are running is too expensive.... so iwill change the system of government... I think u ain't ripe for this one we are running....
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by kabba7(m): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
I would want to make corruption and election riggers face death sentence publicly ..
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by remsonik(f): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
If I had the power I think I wld try to reduce unemployment to the barest minimum.
I will also make sure I introduce 100 per cent local content, such that all consumables will be produced in nigeria and SMEs will grow
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Whizzdom(m): 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
If i have the power ....... I would remove all those Baba's and Mama's

whose visions and mission for dis great country is gone

I remove all the Fulani Mallams dah are in the Senatorial Seat just becos of few connections

I would replace dem with Young and Agile Youths

Who are ready to die for this country

Youths whose visions and missions for this country is sharp

Youths who are expendable .... Young Youths with great character

Youths with the sense of reasoning

Youths dah have the fear of God Almighty in dem

Youths that have the qualities to become a great leader

A leader dah can lead by example

A leader dah would say " Do as i do "

And not " Do as i say "

Chikena ....... Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by stimireez(f): 6:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
grin ;DI wil chng Jona
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Il probably work on d infrastructural facilities. The power supply system would b uninterruptable at such, there would b a good construction of roads, education would b affordable 4 both classes(rich and poor).and d health centres would b well maintained......

I believe there would b a limitation to accidents and illiteracy wit these few.
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by millionboi(m): 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
NEPA
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by royalblood21: 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
LagosBoi2: I will imprison Jonathan and his friends
No brain @all
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Pamcrest(f): 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
GEJ grin
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Tweetums(f): 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
our poor economy......
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Pamcrest(f): 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
But seriously, I would
- return d country to 4 regions of old (abolish state creation)
- focus on provision of stable power
- revamp d education n health sectors

My humble submission

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by holatin(m): 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
I will make dollar and naira to be of d same value

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
I will stop Bokoaram and bringbackourgirls

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Dailyfavour(m): 6:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thanks,
1.I have to relief all these old polititians
2.compulsorily retire all the top officers in millitary
3. Cut the National assemblly pay and regulate the number of political appointees.
These are major problems that leads to corruption
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Itsemmy(m): 6:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
First ,I will make political seat less attractive so that people with genuine intent can serve the Nation and secondly a law will be enacted to sentence to death anyone that embezzles public fund.
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
Well here is what I would change(in keeping with my independence day posts

The Problem

Nigeria's economy is dependent on oil, and it is NOT good for our economic health...in the same way carbs are not good for fat people!

Our dependence on oil kills us in these ways

1.It makes us net importers of things we should manufacture. We are no longer a manufacturing power because we can just import the things we make. That is why we have loss of jobs, and industries.

2.Because we rely on oil, we end up with a share the money economy. As a result, your prosperity depends on your closeness to where the money is being shared...which leads to corruption

3.Our education system is not producing people that can change the situation'; because we are an oil dependent society, we do not produce...which leads to education just being a means to get oil money....which leads to people just using their education to stuff their pockets.Not to solve problems.

So, if I would change anything....it would be Nigeria's dependence on oil . I would get off it.

This will guarantee

1.An improvement in education....we would end up with a practical based education, more improvement in technical education, more investment in science and technology. So that we can produce people who will create and innovate.

2.An end to corruption....because our states, cities and LGA's will no longer look to Abuja for their share of oil money....but would instead focus on making things work for local and foreign innovation-based companies that will use our natural resources to craft world beater products. This means light will be on 24/7, water will flow, and roads and railways will work...because revenue for govt will be based on the number of opportunities for investment you create in your region.

3.An end to over dependence on foreign things...because we have a local industry that can take care of everything...including our defence, electricity.,cars., tv. etc. We will even reach the point where you can get a brand new made in Nigeria car for N400000....and a cheaper built house.

Nigeria must get off oil. It is our only hope. Oil is a curse.

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Johnnoo(m): 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
Sanchez01:
The question is this, if you have just ONE chance to change a thing in Nigeria, what would it be?
Corruption
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by testional(m): 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
No surface of the earth you can't found corruption and bribery ,unemployment,tribalism etc, but in nigeria case, trying to reduce it to a certain level,No Way! controlling it is like trying to a hold a scorpion in your hand!! For me, I will ask the almighty God when we at sleep to change our mind and thinking,To a positive Mindset! I bet you , Nigeria will wear a different look!
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
holatin: I will make dollar and naira to be of d same value

That can only be done by developing Nigeria as an industrial nation, and taking it off oil
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by aboyaji(m): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
i would make sure power supply is increased to 100 percent so that i can charge my phone well well to browse nairaland and watch premier league. I wont even seat on that personal president chair sef. I go just squart down for own corner d browse nairaland anyhow. Come to think of it. If the president were a nairaland member, he wouldnt even be functioning well. He would join all those e-fighters. Maybe, when he see a topic where they said the president is a dumb, he would reply YOUR MAMA there!
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Elisean(m): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
Independence date from 1960 Oct. 1 to 2002 Dec 1st
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by clem305D(m): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
our political structure amidst the various conspiracy theories

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
chomaloo: &&****##

As a Christian, I say that that comment of yours is a rather bigoted, hateful and very Unchristian comment.

Eradicating a religion does not remove the problem of evil in the world. After all, many of the white people who practiced apartheid in South Africa to give an example, were devout and strong Christians....who sadly allowed themselves to be infected by the sin of racism.

You better change your mindset.Religion is not the problem,man is and always has been.
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by olumite2014(m): 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
The major problem we have in Nigeria is what am going to change and that is our constitution.
The nigeria constitution is so worst that we can hardly differentiate between Human rights,Civil rights and constitutional rights.
Also,our current constitution makes it difficult to differention between millitary and civilian regeem,the power of the presidency is too high which must be reduce.
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hishuula: firstly na patience Jonathan,plastic surgery for obj,bring back our Darling NEPA & chibok girls. and to myself na this dreadlocks wey dey grow for my armpit I don tired,and if to say the hair for there black ni e 4 beta but na blonde ...the way I dey fold hand whenever I wear armless u go think say I be angry soldier cuz nothing can raise than my hand up
LMAO.. Kpele o
Re: Independence Day: What Would You Change If You Had The Power? by STENON(f): 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Political Post will have the least and minimum Pay among all other Things in Nigeria.

Equal right to all citizen of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Decorate Your Wedding Halls And Reception At An Affordable Price. / Ujujoan, Happy Birthday! Nl Men Start Applying, She's Looking For A Boyfriend :d / Abuja Wedding Venue Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.