Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola (40340 Views)

Kaduna Suspects First Case Of Ebola? (ABU Student?) / First Case Of Suspected Ebola Discovered In New York City, Usa!!! / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by RuffRhyder(m): 11:37am On Oct 01, 2014
Hmm! Like one Ibo musician sang his song that:

Everything is turning around.
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by dasparrow: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
@Post

When I first read this info on another website, I burst out laughing. Anyways, USA has nothing to worry about. They have their ZMAPP. They should use it and all shall be well again. After all, that is why they are called 'first world country.' What I find equally amusing is how yet again these self hating american-wannabe Nigerians have flocked this thread bemoaning the fact that some Nigerians are laughing at USA's predicament. It's like these self-hating american-wannabe Nigerian Negroes are on the verge of developing high blood pressure grin

I remember when Dana airlines crashed in Lagos, many Americans took to yahoo comments and said some of the most insensitive things about Nigeria and Nigerians ever while other fellow Americans saw no need to reprimand them. It is something I will never forget. Even though I hold American citizenship after living for almost a decade and a half in USA- longer than I ever lived in Nigeria - Americans always made sure to treat me like an outsider asking me some of the most silliest and condescending questions about Africa ever. So, why should I form solidarity with USA and Americans?

Even the Nigerians living in USA know that white and black Americans will never see you as one of them. The whites generally hate black people. The black Americans generally hate continental Africans so I don't know why some of you are coming here to talk crap forming solidarity with USA. If white Americans had their way, all Negroes will be thrown out of the USA. FACT! So, all you self-hating american-wannabe Nigerians disturbing our peace on this thread should take a back seat. If you love USA so much, you are welcome to take your america-loving-self-hating-Nigerian-behind to an American forum.

Lastly, if you are one of those self-hating american-wannabe Nigerians I talk about in my post, don't even bother quoting me because you are on my ignore list permanently. You shall receive no response from me because I don't talk to sell outs and hypocrites online or offline! Kapish?

Happy independence! cool

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by dasparrow: 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
RuffRhyder: Hmm! Like one Ibo musician sang his song that:

Everything is turning around.

Correct! What goes around comes around. Its USA's turn.
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
MrTeymee: Best news ah heard 2day cheesy
Hahaha Hahaha its good for dem.Dem Neva see anything yet.
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
adorable29:

I sure hope they aren't clueless enough to just bundle them in without appropriate measures. They should first be quarantined for 21days. I mean, its just pure common sense. Even a monkey knows that. Hmmmm
They will check temperature, ask them if they've had contact with ebola patients recently blah blah blah and they'll move on. People are not quarantined unless they are considered high risk I.e they are showing symptoms, they've had physical contact with patient. Let's hope they'll treat the participants as high-risk and subsequently quarantine them against their normal procedure.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
Joenice: Hey pretty gurl, lol. do u ever sleep?
Her time is diff from ours.She is in New york
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by F117A: 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
How was the virus able to enter the US in the first place?
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by PapiWata: 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
To all those who for whatever reasons have chosen to hate the United States, and are now crowing with delight at the news of an Ebola victim in the USA, just remember that the nation of Nigeria has notoriously porous, largely unmanned borders, and remember that just TWO hours flight time away from Nigeria, the populations of Liberia and Sierra Leone are facing nothing short of biblical-scale mass annihilation, by the exponentially spreading Ebola scourge.

It is FAR too early to declare victory over the Ebola virus in Nigeria, particularly since a NEW victim of the disease has been confirmed to have successfully traveled several time zones by air, to the United States. It has thus been established without doubt that Ebola victims can slip through airport screenings on two or more continents, and then arrive in the United States while suffering a fully infectious phase of Ebola fever.

If one Ebola-infected individual can make it all the way from Africa to North America, one does not to be a medical expert to understand that it is INFINITELY easier, for large numbers of potential disease carriers to depart Liberia or Sierra Leone, and arrive by road, air, or sea, in Nigeria, after covering a comparatively shorter distance than the trip made to America by this newly discovered carrier of the deadly disease.

In short, now is NOT the time to mock America for recording her first Ebola victim, and now is certainly NOT the time for self-congratulation and rejoicing in celebration of a presumed victory by Nigeria over the Ebola virus still roaring along the west African coast like a gigantic and ferocious tropical storm of mass death.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by justi4jesu(f): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
HisSexcellency: Now this is getting interesting. grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by justi4jesu(f): 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
How did this happen?

Just thinking out loud sha
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
sweetylicious: Her time is diff from ours.She is in New york
You're right but I took careful note of that before asking such a question. And she has already answered it. Hey, ur username sounds cool. Who r u?
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by deeobserver209(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
xp17: As we speak Obama has deployed 3000 military personnel to render possible assistance in Liberia.
3000 military personnel in Liberia already?! This is very worrisome! If this is true, then I smell troubling underground activities.
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by jamst(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
pseudo-ebola
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by buoye1(m): 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
ceejayluv:
Remember, there are at least 3 million Nigerians in north America.
whatever
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Joenice: You're right but I took careful note of that before asking such a question. And she has already answered it. Hey, ur username sounds cool. Who r u?
I am sweetylicious
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by PapiWata: 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
sweetylicious: I am sweetylicious

Wow, Beyonce look- alike. Of course you could also be some dude posing as as girl ha ha.
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by dalhjana: 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
ceejayluv:
And who do you think gave Nigerian health officials at the isolation centre in Lagos the expert advice and know-how on the handling of the epidemic?.....
don't be deceived..if there was any advice, I believe they also advised other west African countries. why is the advice not working for them?.see believe it or kindly leave it... we handled this monster our own way.
though my answer to your question is....my father and his friends gave Nigerian health officials at the isolation centre in Lagos the expert advice and know how on the handling of the epidemic..
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
PapiWata:

Wow, Beyonce look- alike. Of course you could also be some dude posing as as girl ha ha.
No am not.Thanks
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
sweetylicious: I am sweetylicious
Nice. You really don't to be that good looking whatsoever to get on here :-) Have you ever been there? Nope...go and see for yourself and have some fun:-) If you're really nice, I'll talk to you later. Am somewhat busy rightnow.
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Joenice: Nice. You really don't to be that good looking whatsoever to get on here :-) Have you ever been there? Nope...go and see for yourself and have some fun:-) If you're really nice, I'll talk to you later. Am somewhat busy rightnow.
like seriously what are you saying?no offense
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by justi4jesu(f): 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy funny posts above.
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by ceejayluv(m): 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
dalhjana:
don't be deceived..if there was any advice, I believe they also advised other west African countries. why is the advice not working for them?.see believe it or kindly leave it... we handled this monster our own way.
though my answer to your question is....my father and his friends gave Nigerian health officials at the isolation centre in Lagos the expert advice and know how on the handling of the epidemic..
Sharap there.... The bottom line.is that they helped in no small measure, even Chukwu acknowledged their invaluable assistance.
Senegal also managed their ebola case impeccably. Nigeria and Senegal had the privilege of preparation and awareness to combat the virus. This outbreak had already spread from Guinea to Sierra Leone and Liberia before it was identified. ...
Acknowledge assistance given to you in trying times.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by orbablessing(f): 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hahaha I love dis place,nigeria vs america!! Lolss
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by kulumo: 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
chinwike2: USA over to you ? After playing double standards with Nigeria on security. Anyway russia would still supply the military hardware we need Ojare. I wish america the best of LUCK as they battle Ebola. THEY ARE GOING TO NEED IT ! **modified** very soon apologists will come here & WEEP how tinubu's püpppêt- fashola saved Nigeria from Ebola. It was a teamwork (FG&states) the REVOLUTION we need should start by tinubu giving lagosians back the tens of estates/lands he has penned under masked names, which is their right to live anywhere devoid of land grabbers/speculators who offer a meagre alternatives in luxury flats which the middle class cant buy.
Which flat has Your Boss or Pay master PDP n GEJ provided for the middle class?
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
..the sheer advertisement of blissful ignorance is phenomenal

1 Like

Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by blacktwist(m): 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
klem93: there is love in sharing!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
true talk my brother
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by ceejayluv(m): 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
dasparrow: @Post

When I first read this info on another website, I burst out laughing. Anyways, USA has nothing to worry about. They have their ZMAPP. They should use it and all shall be well again. After all, that is why they are called 'first world country.' What I find equally amusing is how yet again these self hating american-wannabe Nigerians have flocked this thread bemoaning the fact that some Nigerians are laughing at USA's predicament. It's like these self-hating american-wannabe Nigerian Negroes are on the verge of developing high blood pressure grin

I remember when Dana airlines crashed in Lagos, many Americans took to yahoo comments and said some of the most insensitive things about Nigeria and Nigerians ever while other fellow Americans saw no need to reprimand them. It is something I will never forget. Even though I hold American citizenship after living for almost a decade and a half in USA- longer than I ever lived in Nigeria - Americans always made sure to treat me like an outsider asking me some of the most silliest and condescending questions about Africa ever. So, why should I form solidarity with USA and Americans?

Even the Nigerians living in USA know that white and black Americans will never see you as one of them. The whites generally hate black people. The black Americans generally hate continental Africans so I don't know why some of you are coming here to talk crap forming solidarity with USA. If white Americans had their way, all Negroes will be thrown out of the USA. FACT! So, all you self-hating american-wannabe Nigerians disturbing our peace on this thread should take a back seat. If you love USA so much, you are welcome to take your america-loving-self-hating-Nigerian-behind to an American forum.

Lastly, if you are one of those self-hating american-wannabe Nigerians I talk about in my post, don't even bother quoting me because you are on my ignore list permanently. You shall receive no response from me because I don't talk to sell outs and hypocrites online or offline! Kapish?

Happy independence! cool
Renounce your American citizenship and return to naija na... You don't fight an enemy while living in his house...
The argument here is common sense/ rationality vs sheer |diocy. How does congratulating and mocking Obama on an ebola case make any sense?? Even when they've raised the issue of the risk of ebola permeating a developed country months ago..
The spiteful comments here are not unconnected to the nano Silver "magic potion" myth and conspiracy theories- Two brain-rottingly ignorant schools of thought.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
dasparrow: @Post

Happy independence! cool

Bitterness and evil.

I'm never surprised though. Some Nigerians are so hateful they spew venom at their own countrymen, so no, I wasn't surprised to see the evil cackling. The cruelty no longer surprises me. The immaturity of your reasoning, however... I expected a little more than a childish "but white people are mean!"

I know it comforts you to think that America is racist. Your reasons for deriving comfort from that myth are your own, and frankly do not interest me. But let's play a game. Let's imagine an America with a black president. Let's pretend the last two Secretaries of State under the conservative party were black (I'll call them Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice.) Just for kicks, let's pretend that 5 years ago, 1 in 10 American marriages were interracial, a record high that has only been increasing. Let's pretend that many Americans aren't already multiracial in the first place, to the extent that the margin of racist white hicks in the Deep South have started crying about a white apocalypse. Are we still in this illusion where black Americans bleed red, white, and blue, like everyone else? Or is it actually reality?

Now, you could take your security blanket of racism, where you don't have to take responsibility for your own inadequacy because you can blame everything on the white man, and stagnate for your entire life, steeped in the hatred and bile that consumes much of the conflict in today's Nigeria--Generalization makes that very easy, doesn't it?--Or you could wake the fúck up and realize that people are individuals. You might, eventually, also learn some compassion and maturity. I wish you luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by MadCow1: 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
fr3do:

You are the one with a messed up mentality, making such foolish generalization.

'A lot' is not generalisation. . It is quantifying..

E be like you just learnt to use the word generalization.. grin
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by Chubhie: 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
In the words of Donald Trump, 'All flights from America should be cancelled and America on total lockdown before they contaminate the whole world' #what goes around comes around# #WeNeverForget#
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by ttmacoy: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
To all the anti-American conspiracy theorists on this thread, it has been confirmed that there is no Zmapp available as it was used up treating people involved in working with Ebola victims in liberia and Sierra Leone so please stop all the sadistist remarks and focus on your government and hold them accountable for the deficicneies in the Nigerian society. The Nigerian governbment should be investing in Ebola vaccines and treatment becuase as long as S LEonne and Liberia still face the epidemic, we are not safe and it can always slip through again. All it takes is for one person to slip through the borders and interact with people.

"The Ebola patient in Dallas will not be given ZMapp, the experimental drug used to treat several international aid workers and medical staff, including at least two Americans, because stocks have run out.

ZMapp is one of the drugs that is being rushed into trials in the epidemic, along with other drugs that will need more safety data in animals and humans before they are administered to patients.

There have been very few doses available and stocks have all been used up, but the San Diego-based company behind ZMapp is pressing ahead with the manufacture of more supplies. It is not an easy drug to make, however. It includes three man-made antibodies to the virus which are grown in tobacco leaves and take months to produce."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/01/first-ebola-patient-us-no-zmapp
Re: U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola by fr3do(m): 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
MadCow1:

'A lot' is not generalisation. . It is quantifying..

E be like you just learnt to use the word generalization.. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today / COVID-19: Inside Gbagada General Hospital's Isolation Centre (Video) / Ladies ;how To Know Your Safe And Unsafe Period To Have Sex_Nsikak Effiong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.