Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,630 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate America? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Hate America? (3066 Views)

The Countries That Love And Hate America The Most / See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) / Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 02, 2014
speak for yourself
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 02, 2014
That's a big laugh! How can poor Nigerians ever hate America?? The other way round makes proper sense. Nigeria is a hypocritical and homophobic country. They're everything America are not!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:11am On Dec 02, 2014
kuuljay:
. 85%!!! Really? And how many Americans have you met bro?
None.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Jennydoris(f): 8:19am On Dec 02, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
A good 85% of Americans don't know that there's a place called Nigeria on this planet

I wonder were you get that crab from.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by gnykelly(m): 8:55am On Dec 02, 2014
Raiders:
when did US denied the Nigerian government the right to buy weapons? Stop believing all this garbage news from the internet. The Nigerian goverment don't buy weapons from US because they want an easy way to steal and lundary money. Do you think the US government will allow 9 million dollars into their country to buy weapons? The US will sell weapons to the Nigerian government if they are serious about buying weapons from US. Also the reason boko haram wasn't designated a terrorist group at first is because the Nigerian government asked the US not to because it will spoil the Nigeria name abroad. US is not our enemy. They account for over 40% of our Nigeria revenue and they are our biggest oil buyer
who told you american still buy our oil. you are speaking good to look good.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by dein77(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2014
I don't think Nigerians hate the US. A quick visit to the US embassies across the Nigeria will confirm my stance. Besides, it makes no sense why Nigerians should hate the US. There are thousands of Nigerians in the US as we speak.

As per the US refusing to sell arms to us, please google LEAHY LAW. It's a US human rights law that prohibits the US sales of weapons to the armed forces of nations billed as notorious human right abusers. Our military hasn't scored well in that regard. At least, this is one reason for their refusal. I'm not privy to other reasons for their refusal.

Also, it's worth knowing that the US has stopped buying our sweet crude. The night is gradually arriving on us. We're going to pay for our decades of corruption and lack of vision.

I love the US. And I'm planning to take my family for a holiday there in the coming years.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by akoaki(m): 10:15am On Dec 02, 2014
Nigerians hate their country more than America. We lack 'charity at home' and that is why other nations are hating us. For America, i think they just want to avoid a leprous nation like Nigeria for fear of being infected with our numerous ills.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 02, 2014
Nigerians hate everybody... and re gud at blaming everybody apart from themselves for ptoblems... if they re not succeeding they look for there closest neighbour Dats successful to blame, if somebody else can do wat they cannot instead of them to be happy with the person and pray that God bless them, they start looking for how they wud bring the person down or blame the person for making them not to be able to do it...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2014
Majority of Nigerians who can lay claim to some level of intellect, have huge gaps of knowledge when it comes to Foreign Relations and this trend goes from your average joe reading newspapers under the bridge to your company executive having a drinks with friends. It is all beer Palour talk and beer palour reasoning.

As a country, Nigeria is famed for letting small problems linger until they become like gangrene threatening to consume the entire body if not cut off completely. from our Refineries, to Roads, Airports, Education System, Health and Governance. One of the Symptoms of this Disease peculiar to Nigeria is that you become like an irresponsible school yard bully - intellectually deficient, too smelly to interact with and too sensitive to make friends with because of his mood swings. He is only good for the economic and personal interests of others. e.g China, SA, Korea etc

Other developed countries care very much about their Foreign Relations.. i still recall the jubilating hoards in Kano over the 9/11 bombing on the World Trade Center and burning of American Flags.. the Belgian cartoon issue also comes to mind.. how events far and away from our National Consciousness can spark off a wave of unrest that can be seen globally for miles.

The Federal Government, much like majority of ill-informed Nigerians can only hate America the same way a child hates his dad for not letting him watch the cartoon channel.

We are toxic right now and any social or economic interest is only feeding the capitalist greed of those countries greedy enough to overlook our ugly circumstances to reap benefits thereof. abi do you see all these foreign companies transferring any knowledge to Nigerians.. do you see Nigerians owning any infrastructure that they can maintain.. when Chevron sells down, we still hire their expatriate staff to manage the assets, when we launch a Nigerian Satellite, we still hire expatriates to manage it for us in a facility that is only comparable to a small office in our National Space Research Center..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by davo3286: 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
Raiders:
why should US sell their latest technology to another country. The specific helicopter that Nigeria requested to buy is an advance. War helicopter and the US government don't want it to fall into the wrong hands. Nigeria should stop depending on other countries. We have the same brain like any American. Its time for the government to start developing technology. We have millions of unemployed graduates that are as good as any American graduate. Its our war and US has its own problems to solve so lets stop depending on them

They have no moral justification, whatsoever, not to support us in the fight of terrorism if they were truly our friends. They just want to make their prediction of Nigeria disintegrating by 2015 come into fruition by not supporting us with military hardware so we can, conveniently, prosecute the war against BH. But they will fail I tell you because, like Ebola, we WILL come out clean and more united. The fact is we cannot totally stop dependency on the US, but we can at least reduce it. No nation is an island.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:14am On Dec 03, 2014
Jennydoris:

I wonder were you get that crab from.
Sea shore, Chinese restaurant that sells live fisheries etc

Where else can a crab be gotten?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Jennydoris(f): 7:20am On Dec 03, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Sea shore, Chinese restaurant that sells live fisheries etc

Where else can a crab be gotten?

Hahaha. Ok na.

Good morning.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Biafra Radio Now In Porthacourt / Breaking Another 12yrs Old Nigerian Girl Win Best Student Award In Germany(pics) / Photos: Buhari Meets With Gen. David Rodriguez, Commander, US Africa Command

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.