Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? (6959 Views)

Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears / Army Detains Policemen Without Food For Refusing To Wear Military Uniform / OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by fx45(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
slimfit1:

That uniform that he is wearing he has committed a big mistake no serving president withu no military experience should wear that, him his advicers are crazy with no form brain running in their head. Obj has every right to wear it but didn't jeg has know right at all.

He his one president that would not stop embarrassing us. The military can take over power for wearing that full uniform and make excuses.

We voted for a civilian president why do we have a uniform man an imposter. He has no right what so ever to wear that uniform.
When will his advisers advise this man. C in C is just a paper name that is worth nothing. And they want us to stop insulting the president.
I can tell Ur age just by reading this nonsense U posted here. Its obvious U aren't more than 20 years old and U're also a big time m0ron

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by slimfit1(m): 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
fx45:
I can tell Ur age just by reading this nonsense U posted here. Its obvious U aren't more than 20 years old and U're also a big time m0ron

If you have a brain you will be dangerous.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by fx45(m): 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa:

Like I asked, how many democratically elected presidents even in commonwealth countries do you see wearing military uniforms?

How many democratically elected presidents do U know? Can U confidently list just 5 names of African Heads of State that U know without consulting google? A lot of U aren't intelligent and the sad thing is that all of U are from the Southwest. What kind of education do U people get over there? Reading through Ur posts on this thread feels like watching a horror movie... I've been asking myself whather these people have even one naira sense in their heads, or is it hatred, plain stupidity or just the usual Yoruba crowd + herd mentality?

Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria... From Ur leaders down to the smallest toddlers. No commonsense! I guess the revolution that Tifnubu talked about should actually begin from the Southwest. Bunch of zombies!

1 Like

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by GovWahala: 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
IYANGBALI: you have earned your pay for today now go and meet okupe or reuben your boss to pay you. My regards to your masters tongue
Sorry that your pay masters are broke.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by zurine(f): 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
of course, it is appropriate at ceremonial times like this.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by saintjoel(m): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
fx45:
How many democratically elected presidents do U know? Can U confidently list just 5 names of African Heads of State that U know without consulting google? A lot of U aren't intelligent and the sad thing is that all of U are from the Southwest. What kind of education do U people get over there? Reading through Ur posts on this thread feels like watching a horror movie... I've been asking myself whather these people have even one naira sense in their heads, or is it hatred, plain stupidity or just the usual Yoruba crowd mentality?

Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria... From Ur leaders down to the smallest toddlers. No commonsense! I guess the revolution that Tifnubu talked about should actually begin from the Southwest. Bunch of zombies!

I wouldn't have made more comments but I take this has an insult to me and every Yoruba man or woman and I hope you apologise for what you've just written,you can't just calling people morons and the next minute,you start putting yourself in that category.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by fx45(m): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
saintjoel:

I wouldn't have made more comments but I take this has an insult to me and every Yoruba man or woman and I hope you apologise for what you've just written,you can't just calling people morons and the next minute,you start putting yourself in that category.
Mr Man, I don't owe U or any other Yoruba person any apologies... U people come on here and make the most ridiculous and irritating comments ever on the face of the earth. I AM FED UP!

How can the president performing an official function in a ceremonial regalia elicit such very stvpid remarks from Ur kith and Kin on this forum? Dem swear for una? If U don't like what I said then do the needful... Go And Die!

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by Symphony007: 11:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Omololu007: alsisi was not a field marshall(5 star general),he was a general(4 star general).
upon his retirement abdel fattah elsisi was a field marshal. He became one following the retirement of field marshal tantawi. Read his wikipedia page to know more.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by Omololu007(m): 12:51am On Oct 02, 2014
Symphony007: upon his retirement abdel fattah elsisi was a field marshal. He became one following the retirement of field marshal tantawi. Read his wikipedia page to know more.
ok.i will read more abt him on wikipedia
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by arresa: 12:57am On Oct 02, 2014
saintjoel:

Yoweri museveni of uganda and if you care to read through my posts,putting on military uniforms didn't start with GEJ,it started with Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe signing an agreement with the military,so why are you blaming GEJ,if you become a president tomorrow,you can change the agreement.

Yoweri museveni is the man in regular blue suit. Get your facts straight.. Just give up already..

Zik wore military uniform how many times?

OBJ as a democratic president and former military general wore military uniform how many times?

Obviously, the zoo keeper is obsessed with military uniforms to the point that it's getting abusive and ridiculous..
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by arresa: 12:59am On Oct 02, 2014
fx45:
How many democratically elected presidents do U know? Can U confidently list just 5 names of African Heads of State that U know without consulting google?

[s]A lot of U aren't intelligent and the sad thing is that all of U are from the Southwest. What kind of education do U people get over there? Reading through Ur posts on this thread feels like watching a horror movie... I've been asking myself whather these people have even one naira sense in their heads, or is it hatred, plain stupidity or just the usual Yoruba crowd + herd mentality?

Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria... From Ur leaders down to the smallest toddlers. No commonsense! I guess the revolution that Tifnubu talked about should actually begin from the Southwest. Bunch of zombies![/s]

It's not about how many I know, it's more about how many do you see in military uniforms so if you have no answer or anything sensible to say, just keep quiet with your ignorant and bigoted rant..
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by agabusta: 1:08am On Oct 02, 2014
Pls how many star general is Vice President Sambo as the Nos 2? Which Uniform is he entitled to?

What of David Mark as senate president? In his capacity as senate president and as the nos 3 man, which rank of uniform is he entitled to?
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by VoteOutPDPJona: 6:11am On Oct 02, 2014
Please allow the president to enjoy his military regalia as C-in-C of the armed forces because he may not be in that position this time next year to adorn the costume. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by Fulaman198(m): 8:00am On Oct 02, 2014
1stCitizen: OP,

Tell us the truth, when you were a kid would you not feel some kind of rush in your veins wearing boys scouts or boys brigade uniform? GEJ is doing the same.
The clown even has medals. Chai!!!! How did he get those medals? I think that should be your problem and not the uniform.

Her chest would be too big for such a thing
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by Bigcake: 8:30am On Oct 02, 2014
slimfit1:

That uniform that he is wearing he has committed a big mistake no serving president withu no military experience should wear that, him his advicers are crazy with no form brain running in their head. Obj has every right to wear it but didn't jeg has know right at all.

He his one president that would not stop embarrassing us. The military can take over power for wearing that full uniform and make excuses.

We voted for a civilian president why do we have a uniform man an imposter. He has no right what so ever to wear that uniform.
When will his advisers advise this man. C in C is just a paper name that is worth nothing. And they want us to stop insulting the president.
One Word..... You are not educated.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by GuyFawkes: 9:35am On Oct 02, 2014
Mr 'no shoes' clearly loves to play dress up, I guess he didn't join boy scout in his school days.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by ibietela2(m): 9:58am On Oct 02, 2014
arresa:

Yoweri museveni is the man in regular blue suit. Get your facts straight.. Just give up already..

Zik wore military uniform how many times?

OBJ as a democratic president and former military general wore military uniform how many times?

Obviously, the zoo keeper is obsessed with military uniforms to the point that it's getting abusive and ridiculous..

How many times did you see get with military uniform?
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by bobostykah(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2014
see yourself

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by naptu2: 11:29am On Oct 02, 2014
[size=14pt]NOT AGAIN[/size].

The President is the Commander In Chief of The Armed Forces of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria and he can wear military uniforms especially when performing military functions. He wears the uniform of a 5 star general, i.e

Field Marshal of the army
Admiral of the fleet of the navy
Marshal of the air force.

This is a practice that was inherited from the british and can be seen in Commonwealth countries around the world (many non commonwealth countries also practice this same tradition).

President Nnamdi Azikiwe wore military uniforms.

General Yakubu Gowon was an army officer, but he wore navy and air force uniforms on navy and air force days respectively for the same reason.

President Shehu Shagari also wore military uniforms.

General Ibrahim Babangida also wore navy and air force uniforms.

President Olusegun Obasanjo (1999-2007) also wore army, navy and air force uniforms.

Several governors-general of Canada have worn military uniforms.

Queen Elizabeth often wore military uniforms.

This is because they are/were the Commander in Chief of the armed forces.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 12:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
GovWahala:
Sorry that your pay masters are broke.
no thanks to your masters who are looting the treasury
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by GovWahala: 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
IYANGBALI: no thanks to your masters who are looting the treasury
U just stated the reason ur masters are striving so hard (using crookish and devilish ways) to get to the treasury.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by IYANGBALI: 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
GovWahala:
U just stated the reason ur masters are striving so hard (using crookish and devilish ways) to get to the treasury.
fok off,go get yourself a job,I don't have your time
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by slimfit1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Bigcake: One Word..... You are not educated.

Educated I never said I was educated. You are not good at maths are you. You use 4 words do u want me to teach you how to count Mrs education. You are not a civilised person are you!!!!!
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by clem305D(m): 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
I only despise people who find fault with the way others live their lives...are you perfect yourself....
IYANGBALI: another e-rat on the loose
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by arresa: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
ibietela2:

How many times did you see get with military uniform?

http://www.toksdam.com/2012/10/07/photos-is-nigerian-president-goodluck-jonathan-obsessed-with-military-uniforms/

So many times..^^^^^^Pictures..
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by naptu2: 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
naptu2: Sir James Robertson (Governor General and Commander in Chief) & Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Prime Minister). Oct 1st 1960

Note: Sir James was never in the armed forces.

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by GovWahala: 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
IYANGBALI: fok off,go get yourself a job,I don't have your time
grin grin grin
E pain am
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by naptu2: 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
naptu2: Nnamdi Benjamin Azikiwe (Governor General and Commander in Chief) in the uniform of a Field Marshal.

Note: Zik was never in the armed forces.

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by naptu2: 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Shortly after President Shagari eventually took office, he met with senior military officials.  They expressed the wish that the President retain the defence portfolio, rather than appoint a civilian defence minister.  He refused, and decided instead to appoint Mathematics Professor Iya Abubakar as civilian Defence Minister. Iya was, like Ribadu in the first republic, a Fulani from Adamawa.  For reasons that have never been clarified, however, Shagari took over the defence portfolio from Professor Iya Abubakar in October 1982, a move that the opposition interpreted as preparatory to using the military for partisan purposes.  After winning a second term, Shagari then appointed Alhaji Akanbi Oniyangi, a lawyer and businessman from Ilorin as his second Defence minister.   Shagari did not, however, appoint Ministers of State for individual services as had existed in the first republic.  He also agreed for the psychological satisfaction of the military, to wear military uniform anytime he was performing purely military state functions.  This had also been the practice of President Nnamdi Azikiwe back in the first republic.  It may have been a colonial tradition with roots in the quasi-military heritage of most British Governors General.

http://www.gamji.com/nowa/nowa12.htm

Note that Shehu Shagari was never in the armed forces.
Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by naptu2: 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
naptu2: Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Obasanjo in the uniforms of an admiral of the fleet (5 star general) and marshal of the air force.

Note that Obasanjo retired as a Lieutenant General (3 star general). Only 4 star generals and above get to keep their rank (and full salary) when they leave active service.

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by naptu2: 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
naptu2: [size=14pt]Governor General of Canada as Commander in Chief.[/size]

You asked and I shall oblige, though God may still punish me for what I've done to my library. The uniforms below are not the uniforms I would have liked to show. In the 1980s I had a book with a picture of the governor general in a fantastic military uniform. He was seated on the throne. It was amazing.

[size=14pt]Wearing the Canadian Forces Uniforms[/size]

As Commander-in-Chief of Canada, the governor general may, in this capacity, wear the uniform at events.

The Canadian Forces Publication (CFP) which regulates the wear of military uniforms for the Governor General is CFP 265, the Canadian Forces Dress Instructions manual.

The governor general wears a flag/general officer uniform with special flag/general sleeve braid, embellished with the governor general’s badge, and a large embroidered governor general’s badge on the shoulder straps or boards.

A number of Canadian governors general have worn the military uniform including Vincent Massey (1952-59), Georges P. Vanier (1959-1967), Roland Michener (1967-1974), Edward Schreyer (1979-1984), Jeanne Sauvé (1984-1990) Ramon Hnatyshyn (1990-1995) and Michaëlle Jean (2005-2010)

http://www..ca/document.aspx?id=14616

His Excellency, The Governor General of Canada, David Johnston. (Question: is Canada a "banana republic" ? )

1 Share

Re: Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? by naptu2: 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
[size=14pt]Governor-General embraces military uniform[/size]

Bill Curry

Ottawa — From Thursday's Globe and Mail

Last updated Thursday, Aug. 23 2012, 12:23 PM EDT

Governor-General Michaëlle Jean and Prince Charles lay wreaths during Remembrance Day services at the National War Memorial in Ottawa. (Adrian Wyld/The Canadian Press)

Michaëlle Jean stood at the National War Memorial Wednesday in full army uniform, the first time in her four years as Governor-General that she'd worn military garb to Remembrance Day ceremonies.

It was a senior Canadian Forces official working on leave at Rideau Hall who convinced her earlier this year that donning an army uniform would be a fitting way to show respect for the men and women under her formal command, the Governor-General's office said. And now she in intends to wear one to all major military events.

Ms. Jean's sudden embrace of the Forces uniform is in keeping with other developments this week that further cement the military at the heart of Canada's identity - from new Sacrifice Medals for killed or wounded soldiers to new citizenship questions announced by the Conservative government.

"For the Governor-General, wearing the uniform is a way of paying tribute to the Canadian Forces," said Marthe Blouin, a spokesperson for Ms. Jean.

She has every right to do so as commander-in-chief of the Canadian Forces. The uniform was created for former governor-general Edward Schreyer, and on the shoulder substitutes the governor-general's office insignia for a formal military rank. The tradition had been abandoned by Ms. Jean's two predecessors, Romeo LeBlanc and Adrienne Clarkson.

Commander Hubert Genest, a spokesman for the Forces, said he was not aware of any request made to Ms. Jean regarding uniforms. However, he said he was pleased to see her in uniform for Remembrance Day.

"I think it's great," he said.

The country's eight years of fighting in Afghanistan - including the deaths of 133 soldiers, two aid workers and a diplomat - have heightened Canadians' awareness of the Forces' role. Remembrance Day in Ottawa is Canada's most solemn national gathering, but after the tears were shed and the last cannon fired, many of the military men and women surrounding the National War Memorial beamed at the massive show of public appreciation.

Chief of the Defence Staff Walter Natynczyk, after completing a tour of events tied to Remembrance Day, told The Globe and Mail he was struck by the rise in support among Canadians. He pointed to the large turnout in Toronto on Tuesday night for the True Patriot Love Foundation charity event - attended by Prime Minister Stephen Harper - to raise money for Canadian military families in need.

"This truly is the culmination of an emotional week," he said after Wednesday's ceremony. He said a new phrase is popping up to describe the generation of soldiers with experience in Afghanistan. "I heard a term from a warrant officer [at CFB Petawawa]talking about 'the new veterans.' "

General Natynczyk said Canadians now better understand the Forces' international role. "I think we've come a long way since the ice storm and the floods," he said. "People realize our functions at home, but also they're realizing that what we're doing abroad - in places like Afghanistan, or Congo or aboard HMCS Fredericton on the Horn of Africa - is we are defending Canada from 10,000 kilometres away."

Thousands of Canadians gathered in the bright sun around the cenotaph at the centre of Ottawa. The monument was first unveiled by King George VI in 1939 to commemorate Canada's response to the First World War. References to the Second World War and the Korean War weren't added until 1982, expanding the cenotaph's meaning to include all those who served Canada in times of war.

Prince Charles, George VI's grandson, was at Ms. Jean's side in Ottawa, also wearing a green Canadian Forces army uniform as lieutenant-general of all three services of the Canadian Forces.

Parker Kennedy, who was visiting Ottawa from Halifax, said the size of the crowd at the monument was spectacular. "It's great to see the turnout. It's great to see the Prince of Wales here. … I think [the Afghanistan mission] has brought a great awareness to us Canadians who didn't live through either of the great wars or the Korea War."

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/governor-general-embraces-military-uniform/article4294310/?service=mobile

shocked wow! Canada is a "banana republic" !

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vote: Who Is More Beautiful Aisha Buhari, Bolanle Ambode, Or Eberechi N-wike / APC Sweeps Sokoto Local Government Polls / President Buhari Couldn't Spell His Name Correctly, See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.