Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest (9787 Views)

The Yams I Bought To Eat Have Started Growing In My Room / Harvest From A Nairalander's Peasant Farm (pictures) / BECOME MILLIONAIRES THROUGH EDIBLE MUSHROOM CULTIVATION AND SPAWN PRODUCTION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Pavore9: 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
Though l live in Nairobi (Kenya) I must be honest l have not yet fully mastered the Swahili language and l am so grateful Kenyans communicate well in English, if l were in Tanzania l for don learn Swahili by force! l have interest in whatever one can achieve with what is readily available that is why l follow programmes that relates to such especially on TV. Most of these programmes are aired in Swahili but l closely follow up the ones in English and because l move around l am glad my Tecno phone TV is always with me. grin

One of the programmes aired a young man who don hammer from mushroom farming He graduated from the university with s degree in Statistic last year and started his farm immediately (July) with a loan of N460,000 from family and friends.

View the 3 minutes video at www.koboideas..com

The young man in the video who showed the reporter his mushroom enclave (mud house) where he grows his mushrooms (the button variety) in bags and on shelves.. A room contains 1000bags which produces 2000kgs every 11 weeks. And a kilo of mushroom sells for 600shillings (N1, 200), so when he harvests and package the 2000kg, he gets N2.4m! and production cost no pass N300K .This guy dey hammer seriously! cool

Abeg knowledge is power!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by world1(m): 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mushroom business is highly lucrative.
we will soon start our mushroom planting, processing, packaging and marketing business class at Agrobusiness Development Centre in Ogun State Nigeria.
I will keep you inform.
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by irepnaija4eva(m): 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
Plz @ op can I get ur contact.I want to go into dat biz after my programme.
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Idumose(m): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Interesting.when are you going to start your?
Make us proud in kenya oo
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Pavore9: 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
Idumose: Interesting.when are you going to start your?
Make us proud in kenya oo
I will prefer doing that in Nigeria. grin
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Pavore9: 7:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
irepnaija4eva: Plz @ op can I get ur contact.I want to go into dat biz after my programme.
koboideas@gmail.com
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Idumose(m): 7:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pavore9: I will prefer doing that in Nigeria. grin
That's ok bro
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by world1(m): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria mushroom market is bigger but Kenya has more international support.
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Pavore9: 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
world1: Nigeria mushroom market is bigger but Kenya has more international support.
Of course, the Nigerian market is far bigger than the Kenyan, l also agree with you there are more international agricultural organizations here. l have worked with some of them.
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by world1(m): 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pavore9: Of course, the Nigerian market is far bigger than the Kenyan, l also agree with you there are more international agricultural organizations here. l have worked with some of them.

Can you help me with link to some of the international agricultural organizations as I have some students that will love to learn practical and innovative agribusiness in kenya.
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by kay29000(m): 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Please, where exactly is the market for mushrooms? What are they used for?
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Pavore9: 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
world1:

Can you help me with link to some of the international agricultural organizations as I have some students that will love to learn practical and innovative agribusiness in kenya.
Just send me a mail.
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by world1(m): 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
kay29000: Please, where exactly is the market for mushrooms? What are they used for?

Mushrooms are the edible fleshy fruiting bodies of certain fungi, which in our villages are gathered in the wild by women and children who through their expertise are able to distinguish the edible from the poisonous ones. Mushrooms can be commercially grown both for local consumption and export market under controlled scientific conditions.

Edible mushrooms once called the “food of the gods” and still treated as a delicacy; can be taken regularly as part of the healthy human diet or be treated as medicine. The extractable products from mushrooms can serve as food and as tonic. Mushrooms consumption can make you healthier, fitter, and happier. They can make you live longer, as well as look younger.

The greatest difficulty in feeding man is to supply a sufficient quantity of the body-building material—protein. The other three nutritional categories are: the source of energy food—carbohydrates and fats; accessory food factors—vitamins; and organic compounds which are indispensable to good health. Of course, water, too, is essential.

In terms of the amount of crude proteins, mushrooms rank below animal meats, but well above most other foods. Mushrooms contain too much of nutrients to be neglected. They contain on dry matter basis 25-45 per cent of protein and because of this high protein content, they have been substituted for meat in some part of the world. Furthermore, mushroom protein contains all the nine essential amino acids required by man.

The moisture content of fresh mushrooms varies within the range 70-95 per cent depending on the harvest time and environmental conditions. In addition to their good proteins, mushrooms are a relatively good source of the following nutrients: fat, phosphorus, iron, and vitamins including thiamine, ascorbic acid and niacin. They are low in calories, carbohydrates and calcium.

Mushrooms also contain a high proportion of unsaturated fat and they may enhance the immune responses of human body, thereby increasing resistance to disease and, in some cases, cause regression of a disease state.

3 Likes

Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by kay29000(m): 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
world1:

Mushrooms are the edible fleshy fruiting bodies of certain fungi, which in our villages are gathered in the wild by women and children who through their expertise are able to distinguish the edible from the poisonous ones. Mushrooms can be commercially grown both for local consumption and export market under controlled scientific conditions.

Edible mushrooms once called the “food of the gods” and still treated as a delicacy; can be taken regularly as part of the healthy human diet or be treated as medicine. The extractable products from mushrooms can serve as food and as tonic. Mushrooms consumption can make you healthier, fitter, and happier. They can make you live longer, as well as look younger.

The greatest difficulty in feeding man is to supply a sufficient quantity of the body-building material—protein. The other three nutritional categories are: the source of energy food—carbohydrates and fats; accessory food factors—vitamins; and organic compounds which are indispensable to good health. Of course, water, too, is essential.

In terms of the amount of crude proteins, mushrooms rank below animal meats, but well above most other foods. Mushrooms contain too much of nutrients to be neglected. They contain on dry matter basis 25-45 per cent of protein and because of this high protein content, they have been substituted for meat in some part of the world. Furthermore, mushroom protein contains all the nine essential amino acids required by man.

The moisture content of fresh mushrooms varies within the range 70-95 per cent depending on the harvest time and environmental conditions. In addition to their good proteins, mushrooms are a relatively good source of the following nutrients: fat, phosphorus, iron, and vitamins including thiamine, ascorbic acid and niacin. They are low in calories, carbohydrates and calcium.

Mushrooms also contain a high proportion of unsaturated fat and they may enhance the immune responses of human body, thereby increasing resistance to disease and, in some cases, cause regression of a disease state.

Thanks for the response.
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by baba11(m): 9:11am On Oct 02, 2014
I sent a PM
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by kyzaru(m): 11:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
I want to learn this mushroom farming, can i come over to meet you and the young man that has that mushroom farm.. Nigeria is a land of wonders,so much land and unemployment. i would love to invite him to our mother nation Nigeria for him train me and my fellow Nigerians.
Pavore9:
Though l live in Nairobi (Kenya) I must be honest l have not yet fully mastered the Swahili language and l am so grateful Kenyans communicate well in English, if l were in Tanzania l for don learn Swahili by force! l have interest in whatever one can achieve with what is readily available that is why l follow programmes that relates to such especially on TV. Most of these programmes are aired in Swahili but l closely follow up the ones in English and because l move around l am glad my Tecno phone TV is always with me. grin

One of the programmes aired a young man who don hammer from mushroom farming He graduated from the university with s degree in Statistic last year and started his farm immediately (July) with a loan of N460,000 from family and friends.

The young man in the video who showed the reporter his mushroom enclave (mud house) where he grows his mushrooms (the button variety) in bags and on shelves.. A room contains 1000bags which produces 2000kgs every 11 weeks. And a kilo of mushroom sells for 600shillings (N1, 200), so when he harvests and package the 2000kg, he gets N2.4m! and production cost no pass N300K .This guy dey hammer seriously! cool

Abeg knowledge is power!
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Pavore9: 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
kyzaru:
I want to learn this mushroom farming, can i come over to meet you and the young man that has that mushroom farm.. Nigeria is a land of wonders,so much land and unemployment. i would love to invite him to our mother nation Nigeria for him train me and my fellow Nigerians.
You can always learn it in Nigeria, FIIRO (Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi, located at FIIRO road, off Agege Motor road, Cappa Bus Stop, Oshodi) offers training in mushroom farming for N20,000.

Visit http://fiiro.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122&Itemid=73
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by world1(m): 12:36am On Oct 18, 2014
I can train him for less

Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by world1(m): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
world1:
I can train him for less
My 3days intensive mushroom training is N50,000 including accomodation and feeding but you can get my practical mushroom E-book for just 10k
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Azeola: 11:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
kyzaru:

Also have interest in this mushroom farming and I'm interested in pursuing any possible means dat can lead to gaining better knowledge (especially practical) nd other things such as possible markets and the likes,I believe there are other pple with the same view as mine.summarily my point is dat is there no way to rally round with others of same interest,with the view of making things easier in terms of sharing of ideas,financial burden e.t.c

N.B
it's just my opinion

world1:

My 3days intensive mushroom training is N50,000 including accomodation and feeding but you can get my practical mushroom E-book for just 10k

maybe I'm getn dis wrongly,bt how is 50,000# less than 20,000#. And if you say it includes accommodation and feeding,sorry I still dn't see the justification....wld really appreciate if u can juxtapose a little.And if u actually meant 50k is there any possiblity of a reduction, cos to me,for anyone that really meas business an ordinary e-book won't do much good
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Pavore9: 6:42am On Oct 23, 2014
l do not believe in learning anything agricultural via e-book, l prefer practical training where that knowledge is already generating good income for its owner, not minding what it would cost me as it is an investment!

2 Likes

Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by world1(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2014
Maybe I'm getn dis wrongly,bt how is 50less than 20,000#. And if you say it includes accommodation and feeding,sorry I still dn't see the justification....wld really appreciate if u can juxtapose a little.And if u actually meant 50k is there any possiblity of a reduction, cos to me,for anyone that really meas business an ordinary e-book won't do much good[/quote]

The Firo mushroom program is a day 20k
My e-Book is 10k
10k-20k = 10k less
My 3 days practical one on one/ do it yourself training is 50k. Including accomdation and feeding.
No reduction
Have spent over 500k in acquiring knowledge about modern methodologies in mushroom farming, processing, packaging and marketing business and its highly lucrative.

But if you want cheap 1day training I can link you up with one of my client that just do it as information marketer. You can contact me for his number If you prefer that.

He talks about 9 different farming opportunity for just 9k.

Don't forget that the seminar is actually a TALK SHOW so don't be disappointed when you get there because you would have paid ahead any you will see a lot of Nigerians there.

Practical information is costly but rewarding.

1 Like

Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by world1(m): 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
My e-Book is 10k
10k-20k = 10k less
My 3 days practical one on one/ do it yourself training is 50k. Including accomdation and feeding.
No reduction
Have spent over 500k in acquiring knowledge about modern methodologies in mushroom farming, processing, packaging and marketing business and its highly lucrative.

But if you want cheap 1day training I can link you up with one of my client that just do it as information marketer. You can contact me for his number If you prefer that.

He talks about 9 different farming opportunity for just 9k.

Don't forget that the seminar is actually a TALK SHOW so don't be disappointed when you get there because you would have paid into his account then you will see a lot of Nigerians there.

Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by hotmas911(m): 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
Pavore9:

Abeg knowledge is power!
well done bro. Pls let me have your e mail address. Thank you.
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Pavore9: 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
hotmas911:
well done bro. Pls let me have your e mail address. Thank you.
koboideas@gmail.com
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by hotmas911(m): 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
Pavore9:
koboideas@gmail.com
thanks.
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
Good OP.
Nice thread. great agro-preneurs.
Keep it rolling.
..Mushroom farming all the way.
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Azeola: 8:39am On Oct 28, 2014
world1:
My e-Book is 10k
10k-20k = 10k less
No reduction

thanks for the clarifications,though50k to me is quite a lot of money (for me),Bt if the training is worth it,then its okay. bt pls i'll still like to confirm the following:

1. I believe u r a mushroom farmer,so as a practical mushroom farmer wld u say mushroom farming is practically as lucrative as stated in this thread

2. is the training going to be per individual or in group

3. wld u be giving post training supports to individuals who have participated

4. lastly,market and marketing is a very important aspect of any business,so far i've nt heard much of any big market base for mushrooms in Nigeria, so would you be giving hints and direct links towards possible markets both at home and abroad.

thanks
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by world1(m): 11:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Azeola:

thanks for the clarifications,though50k to me is quite a lot of money (for me),Bt if the training is worth it,then its okay. bt pls i'll still like to confirm the following:

1. I believe u r a mushroom farmer,so as a practical mushroom farmer wld u say mushroom farming is practically as lucrative as stated in this thread

2. is the training going to be per individual or in group

3. wld u be giving post training supports to individuals who have participated

4. lastly,market and marketing is a very important aspect of any business,so far i've nt heard much of any big market base for mushrooms in Nigeria, so would you be giving hints and direct links towards possible markets both at home and abroad.

thanks
Mushroom farming is highly lucrative but relatively new in Nigeria.

The training is per individual but if you can arrange a group of 5 then it will be cheaper

Yes there would be post training support.

There is ready made market for mushroom both local and international.
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by cola: 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
how much land resource is required for growing mushrooms?

@world1

can you leave your contact details here
where exactly is your training taking place?
how much land is required for growing mushrooms?

world1:

The training is per individual but if you can arrange a group of 5 then it will be cheaper
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by Azeola: 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
world1:

Owkay, I think I should use this medium to reach out to

anyone else who is interested in taking part In this

training to signify his/her interest so that we all can

benefit from it together,connect, probably share

ideas,and assist one another afterwards.

Thanks
Re: Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest by world1(m): 6:34am On Nov 11, 2014
cola:
how much land resource is required for growing mushrooms?

@world1

can you leave your contact details here
where exactly is your training taking place?
how much land is required for growing mushrooms?

You don't need land for mushroom
My contact is available as my signature
Farm/office location- Abeokuta

(1) (2) (Reply)

EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee / POULTRY FARMERS IN ABUJA NEEDED TO WORK WITH / Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.