Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria (38095 Views)

Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / How To Import Cars Into Nigeria / Truck Heads Into Nigeria - Is duty payable on Trucks Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Horus(m): 12:16am On Oct 02, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kERMR42uUmg

[size=15pt] 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria[/size]

Volkswagen is in talks with the Nigerian government to establish an auto-assembly plant in Nigeria in December. At least 22 vehicle companies are discussing setting up operations in Africa’s largest economy. This comes after Nigeria introduced an automotive policy which increases duties on imported vehicles. Eleni Giokos speaks to the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Olusegun Aganga.

30 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 02, 2014
God knows how good I feel about the in-roads automotive companies are making in naija

We just need to sort out power supply and we will be fine and grow our economy

if Jonathan can ensure that by 2019 no more power cuts that will do a lot for Nigeria

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by phantom(m): 12:22am On Oct 02, 2014
interesting,if true.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 02, 2014
Aganga is one of the greatest liars on earth.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by eruchboy(m): 12:38am On Oct 02, 2014
Great if true as Nigeria is the major hub/market and the route to other countries in africa but we dont want that much companies yet

3 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by ola6: 12:43am On Oct 02, 2014
Good one! GEJ and Aganga. I am so impressed with this. smiley

ProfCorruption: Aganga is one of the greatest liars on earth.
Bad belle. Do you know him in person? If you don't, why did you call him a lair? APC, make una warn una self o! sad

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by MrKnowitall: 12:50am On Oct 02, 2014
This makes no sense. They're not even up to 22 credible vehicle manufactures in the world.

Maybe the meant toy vehicle manufactures. Of course!!

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by citizenY(m): 1:12am On Oct 02, 2014
How many component,manufacturers are we expecting?

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall: This makes no sense. They're not even up to 22 credible vehicle manufactures in the world.

Maybe the meant toy vehicle manufactures. Of course!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automobile_manufacturers

sorry sir you are talking based on what you know!

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by publicenemy(m): 1:29am On Oct 02, 2014
in search of cheap labour and bribe-able government officials.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39am On Oct 02, 2014
Time to buy that Rolls Royce.

9 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by MrKnowitall: 2:21am On Oct 02, 2014
mikeansy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automobile_manufacturers

sorry sir you are talking based on what you know!

There is a reason why i said "credible manufacturer"

47 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42am On Oct 02, 2014
Only those with no future ambitions will not accept or appreciate news like this even though whether it's true or false.

So no point trying to convince those Negative folks. They will see and never eat from it cuz of their negativity.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48am On Oct 02, 2014
*eating groundnut and listening to Majek fashek while I wonder how this info can turn off my neighbours "I pass my neighbour" generators* embarassed angry

10 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by paramedic: 3:16am On Oct 02, 2014
There is still HOPE in this our Nigeria

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by ochilikoko(m): 3:23am On Oct 02, 2014
paramedic: There is still HOPE in this our Nigeria
good development but epect APCEees to attacck and object dis

12 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 3:57am On Oct 02, 2014
Good move if true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Justcash(m): 4:04am On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall:

On what basis was your credibility standard determined?

I completely disagree with your assertion about the existence of only 22 "credible" auto manufacturers. If you must make such statements, don't generalize.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Rexnegro(m): 4:58am On Oct 02, 2014
22 what ? Anyway am not surprise, We got the market in Africa as the largest populated nation, if we can get it right trust me nigeria will soon be great socio-economically...what we need now is to increase and make constant the power supply and take care of the insecurity...then wait and see if Int'l companies won't be begging us to come set their factory here.... Hence increase our economy n solve some unemployment issues ....God bless nigeria

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by otokx(m): 5:58am On Oct 02, 2014
Another example of future continuous tense; telling lies in the course of duty will not be excused on the last day.

5 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall:

Any company with capacity to roll a vehicle down the assembly plant is a credible manufacturer and most importantly if they have been doing this and selling cars in other countries. I don't expect premium car manufacturers to be the first to come here.

The arrangement Nissan has with stallion group is a good start. GM operates in Germany as Opel, in UK the brand is called vauxhall. That I think may be the sort of arrangement we could be looking at here but it's a good start.

16 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Eldavido1: 7:16am On Oct 02, 2014
otokx: Another example of future continuous tense; telling lies in the course of duty will not be excused on the last day.

Five companies have already set up plants and are into full operation presently.
Nissan lagos: Nissan Patrol Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV), Nissan Almera
(Sunny) saloon car and the Nissan NP 300 pick-up. All produce in nigeria.

Innoson Nnewi: IVM models, hummer bus, trucks and recently cars

Hyundai lagos: hyundai i10, grand and elantra

peougeot kaduna: Peugeot 301, 508 and 308 models

Anamco Anambra: yet to commence full production

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Eldavido1: 7:18am On Oct 02, 2014
ProfCorruption: Aganga is one of the greatest liars on earth.

On what basis are you calling him a liar? Do you have contrary information?

17 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by UnknownT: 7:19am On Oct 02, 2014
Hope more roads are constructed to accommodate the increase in axle loads we are going to witness when these vehicle manufacturers start rolling out cars. Most govt should start constructing roads for the future(interchanges should be considered too) and not all these 2-2lane roads they do everyday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:25am On Oct 02, 2014
Eldavido1:

Five companies have already set up plants and are into full operation presently.

full operation yet we cannot see their cars on the roads, apart from Innoson, kindly name the other 4 so that we can go verify the claim.

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Eldavido1: 7:46am On Oct 02, 2014
otokx:

full operation yet we cannot see their cars on the roads, apart from Innoson, kindly name the other 4 so that we can go verify the claim.

Being in operation does not mean they have the capacity to cover Nigerian large market presently. As the grow their capacity increase naturally. It is easy for you identify innoson as Nigerian built car when you see one on the road cause nigeria is the only place were innoson vehicles are produce. But not so for other companies that are in full operation such as:
1. Nissan lagos
2. peougeot kaduna
3. Hyundai lagos
4. vokswagen and anamco partially
It will be difficult for one to identify does cars as Nigerian build when you see them on the road, cause the are foreign brands prior to now, most of them were imported. If watch the interview, you will hear were he said the car he's driving is a nigerian built Nissan. But just by looking at it, you won't be able to identify it as nigeria or imported.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nonybb: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2014
GEJ IS WORKING

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2014
okay
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by natureblack(m): 8:28am On Oct 02, 2014
This is an advantage to skilled workers and Nigerian economy as well.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by otijah(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2014
ha choro ikuru Oga innoson Njo afia. dia ris God ooo

4 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by dani3(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2014
Cn't Wait 2 c it
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by watchful(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2014
let fresh air continue to blow in our lifes
team fresh air press like

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare Ferrari 288 GTO Worth $2 Million Stolen By Would-be Buyer During Test Drive / 2018 Lexus GS F (price, Photos And Features) / BMW 766i Valkyrie 4×4 Is The Most Monstrous BMW You've Ever Seen (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.