Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola (31444 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Obama Okays Buhari’s Agenda For Defeating Boko Haram / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by maestroferddi: 8:00am On Oct 03, 2014
arresa: [s][/s]

STFU you bigoted nuisance.. You really should be sharing your little girl bed time stories with your kind.

I have made my points and I am thankful that discerning minds can see the thrust and propriety of my arguments.

You are free to continue with your parochial, narrow-minded and divisive propaganda.

Jonathan has his sundry shortcomings but I have the moral gumption to objectively assess his stewardship. I refuse to join the maddening crowd whose modus operandi remains throwing cogs in the wheel of progress. Instead of pursuing selfish interests, the likes of you can help in the delivery of the dividends of democracy by proffering construction criticisms and feedback.

How can we make progress as a nation if we keep playing the ethnic cards close to our chests? Obasanjo even with his blatant misrule was supported by the generality of Nigerians to record his achievements in government. Is it not preposterous to deny the present occupant of the office the fairness he needs to discharge his responsibilities and still think that our own tribal champions would enjoy the same fairness should they ascend the position in the future?

Let us reflect carefully before engaging in needless recriminations.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by sparkleRed(f): 8:27am On Oct 03, 2014
taharqa: Fashola shld keep his fucckin mouth SHUT. WTH!!! I kinda like Fash but I just find frivilous peeps disgusting! If d ebola outbreak had become an epidermic, wud Fash not hv been amongst d loudmouths callin Jona's name and askin for his head. Wait! Weren't dis same Fash and Co already blamin him for 'allowin' Sawyer tru d 'national' airport wen they thought it might get outa hand.... Who provided the facilities and personnels at d National Disease Control Centre, d very body in charge of coordinating the onslaught against ebola? Who provided d framework for d tracing of suspected 'contact' persons? Who servd as d link bw critical international bodies like d CDC, World bank and Doctorswithoutborders? Who provided continuous and effective screening at our Airports, Seaports and border crossings? Who provided d protective gears, drugs and oda equipments to most states centres across d country? Who coordinated Info dissemination during d period, a very critical part of disease control anywhere? Who fucckin gave both Lagos and Rivers state #200m each to fight d disease? Who in their read senses wud even questn d central role of a national Govt in any sort of disease control sef??

I do not wantu say dis, buh I will mod forgive me"dude u re d biggest idi_ot on planet earth rili! Ode oshi, oniranu, unam ebot, disime"

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by achijo: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2014
i will like to understand who actually is the president of Nigeria, Fashola speaks for Lagos and GEJ speaks for the nation , IF gej says "we conquard as a nation " what exactly is the problem? or are u saying fashola should have gone to the UN general assembly to say lagos conquard, we should be proud of our country for this feat, not casting aspersions as who is EBOLA HERO? lest's move ahead by teaching the US how we did it, great NIGERIA....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by ayodot(m): 11:28am On Oct 03, 2014
Hello, the fash and GEJ evangelist, I hail.
At first I didn't want to comment, I just had to due to the pressing on my mind.
We all agree it was from a collective effort that the Ebola scourge was overcame. Great effort was made from both the state and FG alike. Men stood together to fight a common doom Demon called Ebola. We just had to, because is neither a respecter of the poor or rich, politician or masses, opposition and sycophants.
Back to Fashola's statement about honoring those that stood to fight against ebola spread.. Mention names while excluding is, at first I thought "Fashola is a selfless man". however from other opinion one might say he's subtly appraising himself. Some of the argument of the GEJ supporters was that he use "we" when he was addressing the UN delegates. So quick, search it out and the it was, he actually used "We".
So I felt want the fashola is a very intelligent snake.. but then I read through is first statement. “I have heard some stories emanating from campaign podiums with claims of conquering Ebola,” said Mr. Fashola. take not of the phrase 'campaign podium'. he said he heard its from people using it to cheap scores from their campaign and not from PDP or Jonathan,.. Then what comes to mind is to ask the question, whose campaign podium? Well for now I haven't heard Jonathan categorically used it as a point, but is followers have so much used it both here on nairaland, other media and I'm sure TAN must have used it.
So, if Fashola who was among those that work assiduously say that it victory over Ebola should not be used for campaign without mentioning the Ebola war heroes both falling and living, I think he as a valid point..
Those that risk life itself for other.. those that gave everything up for nothing.. The ebola victory tale will not be complete without their mention.. Thumb up to. the heroes of Naija

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by darkroses(m): 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Greensaint post=/post/26791533:
Don't give credit to fg for Ebola containment? Yes but blame the fg for missing chibok girls.
When it is failure blame the fg but when it is success deny them. Childish state governors.
as long as security is centralized, FG should be held responsible otherwise state policing should be implemented.
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Newshunter: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
FG and Nigerians are the heroes of Ebola disappearance. Period. Federal Govt provided for state. Without FG nothing happens in the State. The Minister was on top of his job. Is not enough to visit site with all hands in pockets to fight ebola. Lagos state, Rivers State, Enugu etc, used Federal govt provided personnel, money and facilities to fight Ebola and Fashola is saying FG did nothing. He listed mostly his kins men working in these federal institutions who participated forgetting others worked who worked there. He forgot the efforts of the minister for health who provided these men when there was Doctors strike instigated by APC to frustrate FG. He also forgot his kinsman who intentional spread the disease to Rivers. he didn't mention the Nurses who died fighting ebola. Was fashola equally the hero of Rivers, Enugu states stoppage of Ebola? This sentimental and deeply tribalistic man is only suitable for a tribal appointment, just as he is in yoruba state but not for Federal where other tribes are involved. Fashola is not nationalistic in every sense of it, he is an unrepentant tribal and political bigot, which I think he cannot be cured. He will divide Nigeria into tribal line and implement "divide and rule" system. He is a bad politician. Limited to tribe he may make his people happy becos he loves his tribe, but outside noooo! Eko oni baje ooo!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by ayodot(m): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Newshunter post=/post/26831131:
FG and Nigerians are the heroes of Ebola disappearance.
Nigerians are the HEROES of Ebola not FG period.
He forgot the efforts of the minister for health who provided these men when there was Doctors strike instigated by APC to frustrate FG.
How convenient to blame the opposition for the ineptitude. This shows the quality of person you are
He forgot the efforts of the minister for health
Kudo to the Minister he also did well. He was amazing
He is a bad politician.
For naija settings oh, nothing dem dey call good politician, all na poliTHiefians. Just that some are better than the others. you know, among thieves there should be code. some of them as got no code at all. If you get caught life continues.. Well that aside.
As Nigerians, we have to stop seeing money and political position as a yard stick of national recognition but service and selflessness... With the right price most Nigerians can be bought over, this just because we have come to respect money and position more than values like service, selflessness, integrity etc.
Lets Change our ways
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
maestroferddi: I have made my points and I am thankful that discerning minds can see the thrust and propriety of my arguments.

[s]
You are free to continue with your parochial, narrow-minded and divisive propaganda.

Jonathan has his sundry shortcomings but I have the moral gumption to objectively assess his stewardship. I refuse to join the maddening crowd whose modus operandi remains throwing cogs in the wheel of progress. Instead of pursuing selfish interests, the likes of you can help in the delivery of the dividends of democracy by proffering construction criticisms and feedback.

How can we make progress as a nation if we keep playing the ethnic cards close to our chests? Obasanjo even with his blatant misrule was supported by the generality of Nigerians to record his achievements in government. Is it not preposterous to deny the present occupant of the office the fairness he needs to discharge his responsibilities and still think that our own tribal champions would enjoy the same fairness should they ascend the position in the future?

Let us reflect carefully before engaging in needless recriminations.[/s]

You made Zero point as far as the topic is concerned. Making your point means addressing the topic with your own valuable contribution for us to learn from. All you did was attacking and fixating on other people for expressing their own views.

You need to learn seriously how to respect other people's views even if they are against yours or your precious president and if you must disagree, bring up valid points instead of fixating and attacking people because of their views. That was childish and very immature..

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by jaytee01(m): 3:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
Sibabasibaba1: Fashola, to my mind, is the one playing politics here. The President talked about how united Nigerians were in tackling ebola, eschewing party politics. Fashola is here trying to score cheap political points. He talked about LUTH and National Centre for Disease Control, Abuja. Are those Lagos State owned institutions? The daily briefings of the Minister of Health on ebola helped in reassuring Nigerians. Coordinated timely information provision in times of emergency is one of the ways epidemics are contained and the Minister did well in that.

It was the FG that traced the nurse who escaped to Enugu, it was also the FG that moved to PH to help contain the virus there.

Noone person can take the glory of containing ebola. It was contained through concerted efforts. And I dont think the FG has claimed it contained Ebola without other heroes.

For Fashola to begin to insinuate that smacks of gross irresponsibility
unam ke ado!
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by toshmann(m): 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
Fashola is right. It was team effort. Everyone played a part. Especially those who died in the process, Dr Adedovi, nurse Justina et al.

Also, Jonathan is right. If it went bad, only one person wil be blamed. So he has some moral ground to take some credit. There was also prompt fed govt response to this virus.

But in my opinion, we should have saved the virus in a controlled lab, mass produced it, and then drop it all in sambisa forest grin

Then mount our troops just outside the forest to gun down those trying to run away.
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by jaytee01(m): 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
davo3286: What Fashola is trying to tell us, indirectly, in a one sentenced summary is 'the credit should go to me and not anyone else'. Period!
Powers of comprehension are beyond you so I'm not surprised.
Read the post CAREFULLY again.
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by jaytee01(m): 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Very petty state governor with his petty attack dogs.

The Americans only few days ago recorded the first case of ebola diagnosed on American soil. The debate in that country is not about who should take credit and for what but it is centred on what they COULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY FOR A BETTER OUTCOME. It is about why the healthcare system didn't suspect ebola and isolate the index case on the first day of presentation rather than on the second day.

Africans have a long way to go.
What do you mean by "Africans have a long way to go"? Are we responsible for your pathetic inferiority complex? Are you not an unrepentant, petty attack dog?
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by davo3286: 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
[s]
jaytee01: Powers of comprehension are beyond you so I'm not surprised.
Read the post CAREFULLY again.
[/s]

I have better things to do than argue with you. There are several meanings to several speeches beyond their verbal or literal meanings, Fashola's own is no different. Can old dogs learn new tricks!? Your guess is as good as mine. So, 'abeg' face ur wok nd no mention me again.
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
davo3286: [s][/s]

I have better things to do than argue with you. There are several meanings to several speeches beyond their verbal or literal meanings, Fashola's own is no different. Can old dogs learn new tricks!? Your guess is as good as mine. So, 'abeg' face ur wok nd no mention me again.

It's ok to have your own different take about Fashola's speech same way people fail WAEC because they are either can not read and comprehend, but also because they have poor or backward sense of logic.

Your made so many ignorant and deceptive statements regarding this issue already.

Saying Fashola is trying to say credit should go to him and not GEJ says a lot about your poor sense of reasoning and judgement because what the man said bares no such color.

You said had it been the FG didn't swing into action to assist financially, materially and otherwise, what do you think would have happened. What action financially? The same FG that lied to us about their readiness with vaccines that doesn't exist, the same FG that let Ebola into Nigeria because of their incompetence didn't give Lagos state 1 kobo till September after victory was declared. It was medicine after death.

The Lagos state legislature approved money for Ebola and Fashola built Isolation unit which he inspected in the link below on August 8 and posted on NL on August 9...

https://www.nairaland.com/1849471/fashola-inspects-isolation-unit-ebola

That money didn't come from the FG, it came from the people of Lagos state.

FG funds came in September after the fight so what are you talking about? Talk about a very reckless and irresponsible government. Ebola entered Nigeria in July and the useless people released funds almost 2 months later when it was all over.

We thank God Fashola was on duty and on the job unlike the useless clowns in ABUJA..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by ladodo: 9:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
Through talk, oga BRF, make them no take some else credit
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by maestroferddi: 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
arresa:

You made Zero point as far as the topic is concerned. Making your point means addressing the topic with your own valuable contribution for us to learn from. All you did was attacking and fixating on other people for expressing their own views.

You need to learn seriously how to respect other people's views even if they are against yours or your precious president and if you must disagree, bring up valid points instead of fixating and attacking people because of their views. That was childish and very immature..
See who is talking!

I can see that you have chosen to go on an emotional trip.

Meanwhile, you were the one branding everyone clueless and daft left, right and center for not giving your ethnic champion the platitudes he so much craves, a while ago.

Don't you think life would be a bit more comfortable if you had first internalised the lessons you so readily want others to learn?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by talkintruth: 12:36am On Oct 04, 2014
Ok...Fashola,Amechi and APC curtailed EBOLA. we agree.
se lobatan?

HEADLINE NEWS
We give honour and adoration to Fashola, Ameachi and APC for curtailing EBOLA in Nigeria.
sure you are satisfied.

So can we move on?
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by chamboy(m): 6:30am On Oct 04, 2014
talkintruth: Ok...Fashola,Amechi and APC curtailed EBOLA. we agree.
se lobatan?

HEADLINE NEWS
We give honour and adoration to Fashola, Ameachi and APC for curtailing EBOLA in Nigeria.
sure you are satisfied.

So can we move on?
the thunder that would strike u, is doing hide n seek
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by talkintruth: 7:51am On Oct 04, 2014
chamboy: the thunder that would strike u, is doing hide n seek
chamboy: the thunder that would strike u, is doing hide n seek

the one striking u is obvious and it will extend to your family and generation unborn.
ooooloshi
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Femiautos12: 8:32am On Oct 04, 2014
CUSTOM AUCTION MOTORS!!! We sell all kinds of tokunbo vehicles at a cheaper rate e.g Toyota Camry Pencil Light 2.2=#340,000, Toyota Sienna=#450,000,Nissan Murano=#600,000,
Nissan Pathfinder=#550,000,Toyota
Highlander=#750,000,Toyota Prado=#850,000,Toyota Rav4=#550,000,Camry 2007=#550,000,Toyota Yaris=#410,000,Toyota
Matrix=#300,000, Range Rover=#1.5m, Golf 4=#300,000, Toyota Avalon=#500,000, Toyota
Hiace Hummer Bus=#480,000, Toyota
Corolla=#400,000,toyota venza=# 800,000,Fomatic =#550,000,
Conpresor=#500,000,Golf4=# 250,000,
Golf3=#180,000,Golf2 =#130,000,Honda baby boy=#340,000. Bmw=#280,000,audiA6=#320,000,infinity=#450,000,infinity jeep
=#700,000, Eod=#450,000.
Call the CUSTOM MARKETING MANAGER
ON 08165080126 FOR MORE INFORMATION

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Precious Chikwendu Dedicate Son, Aragorn At COZA Church,Abuja / Crisis: Tension In Jos, Many Killed / Odikwa Or Odikwa Risky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.