Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Smugglers Hide N119m Drugs In Perfume Bottles - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Smugglers Hide N119m Drugs In Perfume Bottles (853 Views)

Booze, Drugs, Sex: Bizarre Sights From Lagos ‘under Bridges’ / Dbang And Don Jazzy Caught With Hard Drugs In The Us / Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Drugs In Vietnam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smugglers Hide N119m Drugs In Perfume Bottles by etunoman76(m): 7:00am On Oct 02, 2014
Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have recovered 13.33 kilogrammes of substances that tested for cocaine from two suspected smugglers.

The suspects – Marvin Daniel and Victor Akubuo – were said to have concealed the drugs inside capacitors and perfume bottles before the officials at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport nabbed them.

While Daniel hid 7.58 kilogrammes of the drugs in the capacitors, Akubuo concealed his, weighing 5.75kg, inside perfume bottles.

Our correspondent learnt that the smugglers were arrested with the narcotics, whose street value stood at N119m, during the screening of passengers en route from Dubai.

Twenty nine-year-old Daniel, who hails from Abia State, said it was the get-rich-quick syndrome that pushed him into the act. He said he was surprised that the officials were able to detect the well-packaged drugs.

“I am searching for a business breakthrough when my friend told me that I could earn N500,000 by just going to Brazil. He told me they would buy my return ticket and all I needed to do was to bring in the cocaine. He assured me that the drugs would not be detected because of the way it was packed. Unfortunately, the drug was detected by NDLEA officers during a search at the Abuja Airport,” Daniel said.

In his confession, Akubuo, 26 and a trader in Anambra State, said he wanted to boost his business with the expected proceed from the smuggling.

He said, “I needed some money to invest in my ailing business. That was how my friend convinced me to smuggle drugs for the sum of N500,000. The drug was hidden inside new perfume containers and I never knew it will be uncovered by the officers.”

The NDLEA Commander at the Abuja Airport, Mr. Hamisu Lawan, confirmed the arrests to PUNCH Metro.

Lawan said, “Daniel Marvin was arrested during the inward screening of passengers on an Emirate Airline flight from Dubai. He was found in possession of 7.58kg of cocaine hidden inside capacitors. The second suspect, Akubuo, was found in possession of 5.75kg of cocaine hidden inside perfume bottles. Both suspects were coming from Brazil when they were arrested.”

The agency’s boss, Mr. Ahmadu Giade, promised that the agency would continue to frustrate the criminal activities of drug barons.

“These arrest and seizure are products of superior counter-narcotic strategies. The agency is committed to the eradication of drug trafficking cartels,” he said

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/smugglers-hide-n119m-drugs-in-perfume-bottles/

Re: Smugglers Hide N119m Drugs In Perfume Bottles by manutdadex(m): 7:06am On Oct 02, 2014
lolz..dis NDLA guys smart die! Inside capacitors? Chai...Nigerians aving brains for ilegal biz but no sense to d a legal one since 1616...if only they ve applied 30% of that efforts on their biz
Re: Smugglers Hide N119m Drugs In Perfume Bottles by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:06am On Oct 02, 2014
embarassed HMmmmm.... That's all i can say.... *Am coming* lemme go and have a shower op
Re: Smugglers Hide N119m Drugs In Perfume Bottles by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 02, 2014
Same old story embarassed
Just difference in names,ages and method of smuggling..

1 Like

Re: Smugglers Hide N119m Drugs In Perfume Bottles by bigtt76(f): 7:19am On Oct 02, 2014
I guess both men were 'couriered' by the same drug baron ...N500K reward for both is not a coincidence undecided #justsaying
Re: Smugglers Hide N119m Drugs In Perfume Bottles by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2014
Naija shaaaaa.... Anoda hmmmm to our dear country
Re: Smugglers Hide N119m Drugs In Perfume Bottles by Henrypraise: 8:25am On Oct 02, 2014
Y can pple not stop doin dis?

Wen u see des pple spend money, its almost like d job de ar doin isn't risky.

Gud one de were caught. Spoilin n tarnishing nigeria image everywere. De shud be disgrace n dia property taken from dem, den de shud be locked up 4 a long tym wit hard labour

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Linda Ikeji's Blog Deleted / Horrible Experience With GT Bank / Supposing Am To Say YES To Every Question You Ask Me.what Will Be Your Question?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.