Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,205 members, 7,849,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

Why Do We Kiss?(5 Things You Didnt Know About Kissing) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Kiss?(5 Things You Didnt Know About Kissing) (3256 Views)

Some Interesting Facts We Probably Don't Know About Kissing. / My Girlfriend Always Cries After We Kiss / When We Kiss, My Girlfriend Drops Saliva In My Mouth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Kiss?(5 Things You Didnt Know About Kissing) by fweshmax44(m): 7:37am On Oct 02, 2014
They say we learn something new everyday, and if anyone wants to refute me, well
I certainly am going to teach you something new today. Let’s talk about kissing. I
stumbled upon this video on YouTube that talks about the scientific reason of why
we kiss, which got me thinking of why I have never wondered this before… Why do
we kiss?
Evolutionary psychologists believe that our action of kissing could have come from
kiss-feeding or the transferring of food from one mouth to another like what birds
do for their babies. Kiss feeding can provide iron, protein, carbohydrates, and zinc-
things not always found in breast milk! So, kiss feeding “shows a level of trust and
intimacy.”
Your saliva also shows a lot of things about yourself like your how healthy you
are. Also, by kissing, you can “taste” another person’s hormones which might
equate being a good kisser, and “tasting good,” as being a biologically good
mate. Being able to select a physically fit mate would have allowed a person to
reproduce and survive evolutionarily!
Other facts that I got from the video were:
1. The average person will spend 21,160 minutes kissing during their lifetime.
2. The world record for the longest continuous kiss is 58 hours, 35 minutes, and
58 seconds… Wouldn’t a person have died from lack of oxygen by that time?
3. A “passionate kiss” burns 2-3 calories per minute….this could be a new form of
exercise!
4. Kissing more often is correlated with a decrease in bad cholesterol and
stress….Now I know what I need to do during finals week!
5.Our white sclera that surrounds our eyes is not just a coincidence! It actually
may help us “ascertain the direction of someone else’s gaze at a glance.”
Honestly, I am a little skeptical about fact #1, but hey, I sincerely hope it’s true!
Hey... I know y'all have your views, let's hear dem...like if you like
Re: Why Do We Kiss?(5 Things You Didnt Know About Kissing) by happykidArotiba(m): 9:07am On Oct 02, 2014
It all depends on the health status of the person u are kissing.
Re: Why Do We Kiss?(5 Things You Didnt Know About Kissing) by Kunleskey(m): 10:50am On Oct 02, 2014
And you don't talk about the side effect.
Re: Why Do We Kiss?(5 Things You Didnt Know About Kissing) by Herrmes: 11:55am On Oct 02, 2014
Lol
Re: Why Do We Kiss?(5 Things You Didnt Know About Kissing) by fweshmax44(m): 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
and what are d side effects?
Re: Why Do We Kiss?(5 Things You Didnt Know About Kissing) by finepineapple(f): 10:06am On Nov 06, 2014
Wat abt a person dat has a rotten nd irritatin teeth
Re: Why Do We Kiss?(5 Things You Didnt Know About Kissing) by Lordfranklin(m): 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
Are you gonna derive all this positive benefits from a kiss involving you and a qal with low level of mouth sanitation?
I swear,if you try to kiss that type of person,na only devil go fit explain the kyn feeling wey you go get
Re: Why Do We Kiss?(5 Things You Didnt Know About Kissing) by godsveryown(f): 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
Lordfranklin:
Are you gonna derive all this positive benefits from a kiss involving you and a qal with low level of mouth sanitation?
I swear,if you try to kiss that type of person,na only devil go fit explain the kyn feeling wey you go get
hahahahahaa bros u funny o e b like say u don get d xperience o

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice On How To Avoid Fornication! / 10 Signs Your Partner Will Be Faithful To You / How To Make A Woman Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.