Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment (3342 Views)

My Husband Shot Me But I Cant Leave Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by lexyflexy(m): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2005
What do u do when ur dad tells you to go wash his cloths at the point when you are late for an outing where u have been chosen as the MC of the day
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by WesleyanA(f): 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2005
tell him to ask his wife to do it.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by bijorium(m): 12:28am On Sep 23, 2005
WesleyanA:

Not when you live in Africa and he happens to be the family bread-winner. And that is aside other issues. It does sound a little rude in the ears of the African man.
lexyflexy:

What do u do when your dad tells you to go wash his cloths at the point when you are late for an outing where u have been chosen as the MC of the day
  I think a good rapport with your Dad should allow you explain the situation to him. I also feel that one has siblings to help one out of tight corners like this wink.  A little bit of bribing your younger siblings could do the trick. Whatever happens, do try to balance satisfying your father alongside your MC job. You will still have to face your Dad later in the day grin.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by casper(m): 2:11am On Sep 23, 2005
WesleyanA:

wo see you beating no go get mate cry

you go tooo cry cry lipsrsealed

Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by Latoya(f): 3:15am On Sep 23, 2005
this is serious o.why dont u go late to the party instead of disobeying your Dad?is your party(MC) more important than ur Dad?
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by Seun(m): 4:08am On Sep 23, 2005
How old are you, lexyflexy? It matters. Because there is an age where even a proud and obstinate 'African' dad will be forced to be considerate sometimes (that is, when you are about 2 times his size grin). I have a problem with the way Nigerians (mostly Yorubas) see the relationship between children and parents. I have no advice for you, bro, but only good wishes! If you don't want things like this to keep happening, go and win your own bread!
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by hotangel2(f): 6:19am On Sep 23, 2005
Lexxy, it'll be great to know your age.. Cos that way, sense of jugding what you should tell your dad would be ermmm.... (Put a word).

Anyways when you are about to go out, like to an MC job, and your dad calls you to help him wash his cloth. It depends on how he says it. If he says it like, really arsh and it sounds like, he just doesnt want you to go just yet, I think that's rude of him and he should espect you to be rude with response. Just tell him, daddy i am going out, and when i return, i'll wash it. If you have a sibling, you could bribe your sibling to do the work for you.

If your dad sounded like, "ohhh my dear, i know you are going out, i am sorry i didnt ask you to help me do this ealier, but could you pleaase help me wash this cloth.. ?".. I must say, you should call up the party house and tell them you'll be 30 minutes late. Nigerian parties are always the "african time" thingy anyways. Just call up the party and start washing the cloth... instead of wasting time thinking whether or not you shouldnt wash it.

If you are over 25 and your dad talks to you in a rude manner... Dude, it's high time you "win your own bread" just like seun said. Get your ass outta the house.

i totally understand this is in the point of the Nigerian family.. because i mean, over here.. you just pour the cloth in the washer.. pssh.. lundry aint that hard.

Ohhh another option you have is to take the cloth to the "dry-cleaner". Tell your dad you want the cloth to be well washed and you'll pay for it. wink cheesy
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by Motee(f): 9:28am On Sep 23, 2005
Parents can be funny atimes in that regard. Goodpoints from Seun and Hot-angel to you Lexyflexy.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by layi(m): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2005
Your bread is more important than the party... If u dont want such inconveniences then u gotta win ur own bread. Its life... my dear. No free lunch.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2005
tell him: "dad! i think it's time we get a washing-machine!" grin
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by WesleyanA(f): 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2005
we're not talking about long-term solution. what would you do if that happened to you, would you wash the clothes and miss the party or would you not wash it and tell your mom to help you? i'll do the latter.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2005
WesleyanA:

we're not talking about long-term solution. what would you do if that happened to you, would you wash the clothes and miss the party or would you not wash it and tell your mom to help you? i'll do the latter.

why should i miss a party for some clothes i can wash another day? i'll try to explain to him that my party has the priority and the clothes won't surely run away...
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by WesleyanA(f): 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2005
what if he really needs you to wash the clothes? won't you tell your mom or younger brother/sister to help you?
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2005
infact he should ask his wife to do it. and anyway? why doesn't dad wash his clothes? is it a must that men shouldn't do any housework? in the first post it's not specified but i wish to know what dad was doing in that specific moment!
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by WesleyanA(f): 12:46am On Oct 05, 2005
yeah probably watching TV on his favorite couch. rolleyes
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by Shadiat(f): 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2005
LMAO..My father have neva asked me to wash his clothes wen dry cleaner dey.. rolleyes...Wash my clothes ko..Water my clothes ni.. grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2005
if your papa get money nai i de go dry cleaner...but for kpako people na you de wash
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by eveseh(f): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2006
i'll tell him i'll do it later
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by lexyflexy(m): 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2006
what if he insists on right bout that moment?
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by sweetberry(f): 1:07am On Aug 12, 2006
well it depends on ur age,ur dad attitude and if yo ass z bringin money 2 d family.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by Izzo(m): 2:21am On Aug 20, 2006
This would really be a good question if u were in the 70's. Cos in this century, i bet the parents r now getting to know what the new generation is all about,  An eye opener.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by lexyflexy(m): 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2006
You are truely correct Izzo
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by mamaput(f): 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2006
Sometimes its not about washing cloths , but to be there for the family.
If my kids grown up or not are still living in my house with there feet under my table, then they must also be able to do something for me.
Even if it means forfitting another thing. depends on how badly i need those cloths.
Even if it means my daughter asking a younger one to do it for her . as long as it is done.
Its all about give and take and not only take.
A child can grow up to be a very sell fish Bastard and then the parents will hold there head and ask what only became of their child.
Today ican ask my kids to do something for me as well as they ak me to do things for them (not only giving money) It starts with a glass of water.
I am not their slave and they not my slaves. give and take 50 50 and that sometimes means making a sacrifice
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by ladykool(f): 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2006
why will i take responbilities of washing is clothes! i wouldnt simple. i will just walk out of the house without answering him. if he cant do it he should forget bout it.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by MP007(m): 10:36am On Oct 26, 2007
how old are you?
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by presido1: 10:34pm On Oct 28, 2007
lady kool:

why will i take responbilities of washing is clothes! i wouldnt simple. i will just walk out of the house without answering him. if he can't do it he should forget bout it.
born and bred in london? that one na small thing now.
MP007:

how old are you?
Them no get respect at all. forget about his/her age all of them big/small na the same.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by eesaah(m): 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2007
lady kool:

why will i take responbilities of washing is clothes! i wouldnt simple. i will just walk out of the house without answering him. if he can't do it he should forget bout it.
[/quote

i hope u will take it lightly if ur child do d same to u in the future.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by finemocha(f): 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2007
i say as an MC u should have the skills to talk ur way out of that wahala. Just take the clothes and pay ur younger siblings to do it.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by lexyflexy(m): 2:26pm On May 21, 2009
finemocha:

i say as an MC u should have the skills to talk ur way out of that wahala. Just take the clothes and pay ur younger siblings to do it.
I like Ur style, U don dey duty-shift for a long time coming
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by tpiah: 2:12pm On May 23, 2009
finemocha:

good compromise.

Also pay them not to tell.

Many African/Nigerian fathers wont stand for open disrespect. You'd be playing with an ass whooping. At the very least, if you're still depending on your dad for school fees, allowances and the like, then its in your best interest to be diplomatic.
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by lexyflexy(m): 8:26pm On May 23, 2009
the last poster sounds very much like a father, lol
Re: Daddy Says, "Go Wash My Clothes" But I Have An Important Appointment by tpiah: 9:50pm On May 23, 2009
just speaking from personal experience and observation of naija fathers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mention Your Most Embarrassing Moments With The Opposite Sex. / Help, Marriage Issues / Women! I Think We Should Do This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.