Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. (6879 Views)

HAUSALAND: Teach Me Hausa / Igbo Language And Nigerian Pidgin / Teach Me Naija Slang Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Jeanfortune(f): 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
haha! Dygeasy i see u are catching up real fast, after learning pls come teach some of us Yoruba
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Dygeasy(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
Jeanfortune: haha! Dygeasy i see u are catching up real fast, after learning pls come teach some of us Yoruba
lol! Right! I'll be glad to teach wink
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Rapsainot(m): 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
No
Jeanfortune: haha! Dygeasy i see u are catching up real fast, after learning pls come teach some of us Yoruba
m hu ru gi n'anya
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by cheruv: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
aha ufodu anumanu ke umuigbo Maa

names of some animals known to Igbos

1]Lion....Odum
2]Leopard..... Agu
3]dog.....Nkita
4]cat....... Nwologbo
5]monkey..... Enwe
6]wolf.... Edi
7]baboon.... Adaka
8]chimpanzee/gorilla..... Ozodimgba
9]fox.... Ufu
10]snake.... Agwo
11]Python.... Eke
12]squirrel.... Osa
13]antelope.... Ele
14]deer..... Mgbada
15]badger..... Ewi
16]eagle.... Ugo
17]hawk/kite.... Egbe
18]scorpion.... Akpi
19]elephant.... Enyi
20]crocodile/alligator.... Aguiyi
21]gecko.... Aguulo

Igbo land is 90% rainforest so these animals are those found in the forest mainly.

1 Like

Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Rapsainot(m): 3:06am On Oct 04, 2014
Obasanjo bu ozodimgba grin
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by ideology(m): 7:02am On Oct 04, 2014
ideology: ututu oma umu-nairalandigbo. grin

Please what is the meaning of the following?

1. Igirigiogu

2 Ntu mara onyeami

I be learner, make una no laugh me o o, thanks ya all, in anticipation of your positive response

Ututu oma ndi igbo,
Pls help translate this na embarassed

Thanks in advance
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Rapsainot(m): 8:10am On Oct 04, 2014
[size=60]UTUTU OMA[/size]
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 04, 2014
Rapsainot:
Obasanjo bu ozodimgba grin

grin grin grin
Wicked!!!
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 04, 2014
Cheruv: 20]crocodile/alligator.... Aguiyi

Aguiyi johnson irosin = crocodile johnson irosin
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by cheruv: 9:41am On Oct 04, 2014
kulkatty:

of course that's the Igbo for crocs.. wink
but seriously haven't you seen pix of general Ironsi holding his infamous crocodile model?
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Rapsainot(m): 10:02am On Oct 04, 2014
kulkatty:

grin grin grin
Wicked!!!
are you an igbo?
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 04, 2014
cheruv:

of course that's the Igbo for crocs.. wink
but seriously haven't you seen pix of general Ironsi holding his infamous crocodile model?

Okay I've seen the pix just ones I think
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 04, 2014
Rapsainot:
are you an igbo?

Yea I am smiley
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Rapsainot(m): 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
kulkatty:

Yea I am smiley
anything to offer us
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Jeanfortune(f): 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
Rapsainot:
No m hu ru gi n'anya
hahahahaha.... Rapsainot, funny u, i hope u know what dat means
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by christybabe(f): 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
Following, am an igbo girl, but am not fluent in igbo Language, I would luv to learn more and write well.
Eg. Abum nwa afor igbo.
Following
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Rapsainot(m): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
Jeanfortune:

hahahahaha.... Rapsainot, funny u, i hope u know what dat means
YES
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
Rapsainot:
anything to offer us

Ermmm nothing as at now smiley
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by JoeCutie(m): 7:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Dygeasy:
lol! Oga Joe, long time no see. smiley
Na so we see am oh. How body na?

1 Like

Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by JoeCutie(m): 7:34am On Oct 05, 2014
kelechiMarie:
anamabia
Good geh. Oya clap for yourself. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by JoeCutie(m): 7:36am On Oct 05, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Lol it is : a na ma bia
Must you reduce my language to the lowest common multiple? You try sha. Ezigbo nwa. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by kelechiMarie(f): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2014
JoeCutie:
Good geh. Oya clap for yourself. cheesy
hehehehe
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by ideyhere(f): 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
ideology:

Ututu oma ndi igbo,
Pls help translate this na embarassed

Thanks in advance

1. Igirigi ogu - fighting arena
2. Ntu mara onye Ami - a nail pierced (wounded) an army man

Any more you need help with? wink

1 Like

Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by ideology(m): 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
ideyhere:

1. Igirigi ogu - fighting arena
2. Ntu mara onye Ami - a nail pierced (wounded) an army man

Any more you need help with? wink

Thanks deae, am grateful.
You came to my rescue

I'll get back to you, on others
But I need to learn pronunciation too wink
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by ideyhere(f): 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
ideology:

Thanks deae, am grateful.
You came to my rescue

I'll get back to you, on others
But I need to learn pronunciation too wink

You can only learn pronunciation by listening to people speak...

1 Like

Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by ideology(m): 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
ideyhere:

You can only learn pronunciation by listening to people speak...
Alright dear, na me no learn when I had the opportunity
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by ideyhere(f): 6:31am On Oct 07, 2014
kulkatty:

Aguiyi Johnson Ironsi = Crocodile Johnson Enemy-Shi*t grin
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by AfricaMagic(m): 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
Dygeasy:
Hullo,

I am Yoruba and I love the igbo language and culture. I'd like to learn the language. I don't know how feasible it is but impossible is nothing. If you're a fluent speaker and a proficient teacher, this thread is for you. If you wanna learn like me, come in, there's enough room.

Thank you. smiley
I think this thread will help you. I learnt alot from it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1098993/igbo-learning-thread-translator
Re: Nairalandigbo - Teach Me Igbo Language. Come In If You Want To Learn. by bigfrancis21: 7:37am On Sep 13, 2018
ideology:
Otu to oma umu-nairalandigbo. grin

Please what is the meaning of the following?

1. Igirigiogu

2 Ntu mara onyeami cheesy

I be learner, make una no laugh me o o, thanks ya all, in anticipation of your positive response

1) In Onitsha Igbo, Igiligi is dew, as in the light mist rain that falls in the evening. Igiligi ogu...the dews/side effects of war/fight maybe?? It many mean something else in another Igbo dialect.

2) Ntu malu onye army...the nail that punctured an army person....used to refer to a small person or thing capable of doing big things. A similar title to this effect in Igboland would be, ntu magbulu enyi (enyi means elephant). I hope you get the gist.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Past Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yorubaland... / I Came Across This Picture On Twitter And It's Trending... / Ezechima Clan Analysis By Osita Mordi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.