Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227484 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
famousurch:

i dont know why u people like criticising the govt. of Anambra state. have u been to obigbo in rivers state? aba in abia state? i know u understand, every state has its own bad area. i have travelled round this nation, believe me there is no where in nigeria that has witness the kind of development we have in anambra state. in Anambra every community matters. as Chino said, govt is a continuum, by God's grace we shall get there. lend your support.
proudly nwa awka

Nwanne,Osebuluwa gozie yi nmaji pulu nmaji...I like to see people who reason properly.
We cant take all the funds made for development of Anambra state and use it to go develop one town and then post the pictures online and make everybody believe our state is the most beautiful.
I mean,we are Anambrarians.....ndi na agba uche na nkpo. That is not development,rather a negligence of the poor masses. Why is it that other states fear posting pictures of their rural areas? Aren't they part of the state ,anymore. They think they are deceiving people but we will see who is clearly on top in about 4yrs from now. Anambra is working and if you dont like it park your sshit and move to your assumed paradise. There is alot of work going on in every part of Anambra but I know some of our people lack patience and perseverance. Some governor have been beefing up their state capital for 8yrs yet it still not there...lol.
We will build Anambra gradually but steady till we get there. No need to rush.
If you dont believe in past and present governments move to that state that gives you joy and leave us alone. We love our state good or bad.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nnewi1stSon: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
The irony of those defending what's on ground in Anambra is that they aren't even a thousand miles close to her boundaries! Yet they keep harping "Leave us let us develop our Anambra"! SMH! This is either pure retardness or outright display of stup1d1ty!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
A certain governor was called the best in the east and some disagree but they were called hateful and jealous but the same set of gays are here throwing criticism around. Like you once told me,go and create another thread and leave us Anambrarians alone!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nnewi1stSon: 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
brb
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
IDC construction work actually look solid, but i think their problem is often design and not properly marking their roads upon completion, making the whole thing appear shoddy or substandard.Arab contractors construction company beats IDC in design and finish of their roads with proper road markings, which makes their projects beautiful and appearance of higher quality.

Nonetheless, The IDC company appear better prepared to quickly execute contracts in Anambra than CCC which had moved out most of their equipment out of the state since the completion of the Owerri express road.

The IDC should improve the taste of their architects and project designers. Their engineers appear to be doing a good job. I do think their projects are solid like this bridge pillars in Onitsha prove. Albeit bastardized as usual with church posters.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
famousurch:

i dont know why u people like criticising the govt. of Anambra state. have u been to obigbo in rivers state? aba in abia state? i know u understand, every state has its own bad area. i have travelled round this nation, believe me there is no where in nigeria that has witness the kind of development we have in anambra state. in Anambra every community matters. as Chino said, govt is a continuum, by God's grace we shall get there. lend your support.
proudly nwa awka
so because aba and obigbo is bad let onitsha follow suit?
Why don't you suggest for awka our state capital to be like Ph? Abi you're not aware that awka still has a lot to do to catch up with others?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nnewi1stSon: 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
tabletman1:
so because aba and obigbo is bad let onitsha follow suit?
Why don't you suggest for awka our state capital to be like Ph? Abi you're not aware that awka still has a lot to do to catch up with others?
Nwanne Nmadu you should know when not to engage myopic sycophants! You saw how I ignored that walking corpse living in America right? Some fools think they are more Igbo than others and more Anambrarian than others. just post more pics if you've got them and ignore the trolls

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nnewi1stSon:
Nwanne Nmadu you should know when not to engage myopic sycophants! You saw how I ignored that walking corpse living in America right? Some fools think they are more Igbo than others and more Anambrarian than others. just post more pics if you've got them and ignore the trolls
Lol, bro his post reeks of ignorance and stupidity. So u did well by not quoting him.

I decided to quote brother famous because he is from awka and still don't know what's up.
As for pix, after my primary intention at Otu-ocha, my other intention is to waka straight to the refinery and get some pix, but on hearing the news that the refinery is yet to be completed, I felt sad and kick my other intentions like snapping the various road projects , the ongoing construction of new market, and some cool structures coming up there though its own by indigenes. I even hear say there is ongoing construction of another bridge across Omanbala river to add to the old one wey people no dey use.

But next year, if by God's willing ofe people or another set of people don't drill this threadgringrin
I will go there cos na yearly I dey visit there and get some cool pix.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

[size=28pt]the posters under the flyover look sordid, very eyesore...feel like vomitting uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh[/size]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 10:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
BuddahMonk:

[size=18pt]the posters under the flyover look sordid, very eyesore...feel like vomitting uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh[/size]

The aim was to show the solid looking pillars holding that bridge.

Anyhow, i completely agree with you that a responsible state government should ban indiscriminate pasting of posters on public property and roads.We recently discussed this new sordid trend here ; https://www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/272

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
tabletman1:
Do u know the owner?

Peter obi the fraudster is likely to have a quota in that company.
I have been asking this same question for a while. I have not been able to get info on the owner(s) but I have my suspicions as you expressed above.
1. This company got contracts running into several billions from Obi administration, many were initiated just few months to the end of his tenure. You know how these things play out, for the projects Obi hurriedly initiated doling out large mobilization fees, expectedly something goes to him. I will insist here that he is no Saint. As long as, the incoming administration decides to continue with those projects without proper re-negotiations the former continues to get his cut. This is the main reason for abandoned projects and may also be the case with Obiano's indecision or 'slow' decision on those projects.

2. They did shoddy jobs in most of their completed projects, not that the project sums are not competitive, some are even expensive for no just cause, the roads are not in swamps. I'm not doubting their ability to deliver quality roads, they have qualified engineers in their services. This is what happens when a contract of N1 billion is awarded for instance on the pages of newspaper whereas the contractor is forced to make do with a quarter of the sum for the project -completion. This didn't happen exclusively in Anambra State but why some of us are so concerned about this is that the roads especially, are so poorly done that his so called 5/10year maintenance deal will not suffice. I don't think it is viable for any contractor when the actual sum they received for those jobs is small and the roads badly done plus the erosions. Although, contractors are there for business(gains), an independent contractor will try to do a project in such a way that it will earn him other projects.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 1:49am On Oct 12, 2014
Amafor west area of Nkpor. Peter Obi did Agulu Avenue road and that of Mercedes Avenue as well. Obiano should not forget these areas as they help decongest the main Onitsha.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:10am On Oct 12, 2014
Nkpor isnt looking bad: Truly,Anambra has fantastic road network but we need to keep up with the maintenance. Alot of towns has been covered in this thread and so far I am impressed. We must keep touching every part of our great land till developments go around. Thats what I call "comprehensive" development,not some isolated work.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:15am On Oct 12, 2014
BuddahMonk:

[size=28pt]the posters under the flyover look sordid, very eyesore...feel like vomitting uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh[/size]

It will take a joint effort for these indiscriminate posting of posters. People need to be sensitized about the penalty of doing such. These things take a while but we will get there. Rome wasnt built in a day.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 2:30am On Oct 12, 2014
I was told Gov. Obiano has promised to attend to these areas.. but when? Anyways, this might just serve as a reminder. Nkpor and environs need serious help. Willie is working though

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:43am On Oct 12, 2014
9inches pls I need more pictures from Nkpor.

Good pictures so far, Nkpor is not doing bad, at least your pix can relate with my previous comments on total neglect of onitsha and environs.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 10:01am On Oct 12, 2014
Landlords should be encouraged to re-paint their houses. Many of those 4/5 story's built in the 80's around Nkpor, Obosi needs retouching. A government led campaign on re-painting of those houses will add so much to the beautification of the Onitsha axis
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:02am On Oct 12, 2014
tabletman1:

Good pictures so far, Nkpor is not doing bad, at least your pix can relate with my previous comments on total neglect of onitsha and environs.

Onitsha side streets must be repaired and it cannot be done by awarding contracts to construction companies but through Direct labour working through the state's ministry of works.

Anambra actually acquired a lot of road construction equipment during the Peter Obi's regime.Direct labour system should be used to dig gutters in the streets where they are needed, grade the streets and apply tar over the graded streets. To achieve this system of fully using direct labour, What is needed is a strong leader who knows how to engage the LGAs and mobilize people for the greater good.

Dr. Sam Egwu of Ebonyi state was able to use direct labour agencies to effective repair and tar all Abakaliki side streets. I am sure a dedicated Anambra leader who is able to choose an equally dedicated man to man the direct labor agency can produce the same or even better result in Anambra state.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:20am On Oct 12, 2014
i dont know about you guys but i think nnewi needs more infrastructural development more than awka.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast2: 10:27am On Oct 12, 2014
@ Asha, Every part of Anambra is seeing equal infrastructural development and that is what is called holistic and genuine development..

By the way when will government start allocating Akpaka Forest although I have seen quite some beautiful development springing up very close to it?

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Chigold101(m): 10:30am On Oct 12, 2014
christejames:
Why did u waste ur MB to create this worthless thread? Nna, quit boasting, everyone already know the potential of that state especially the indigenous members. No one makes himself king and rule for so long!
who stops u from writing about ur state. don't forget that if u don't blow ur trumpet it will rust. am a proud Anambrarian

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast2: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2014
A section of 3-3 zone Onitsha..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Chigold101(m): 10:41am On Oct 12, 2014
olodoowoh:
that how chino and lots of anambrarians also feel like they are lords over we other igbo entities, most times I don't tackle you guys just to let peace reign. I don't even know what's outstanding about the anambra sef.
why not bounce off the thread or create one about ur state that's truth anyway.
other igbos should stop beefing ndi Anambra and make something out of their own state. period
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 10:42am On Oct 12, 2014
asha80:
i dont know about you guys but i think nnewi needs more infrastructural development more than awka.
awka is a hell of a jungle, awka before nnewi abeg.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 10:44am On Oct 12, 2014
Chigold101:
why not bounce off the thread or create one about ur state that's truth anyway.
other igbos should stop beefing ndi Anambra and make something out of their own state. period
they will stop beefing ndi anambrarians only when they stop feeling big headed with nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 10:46am On Oct 12, 2014
oneeast2:
A section of 3-3 zone Onitsha..
Is it crime to have straight road here? this place will win award for narrow roads cheesy
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 10:50am On Oct 12, 2014
oneeast2:
@ Asha, Every part of Anambra is seeing equal infrastructural development and that is what is called holistic and genuine development..

By the way when will government start allocating Akpaka Forest although I have seen quite some beautiful development springing up very close to it?
Equal development my left yansh, what crime did awka people committed to get no development atall.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 10:51am On Oct 12, 2014
tabletman1:

Mo gbe oooo, you call those Nkpor pics good? Na wao
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2014
oneeast2:
I must tell you Awka is witnessing massive infrastructural development at the moment that will see it equal only Abuja and Uyo soon. 3 flyovers and tunnels has been under construction and more are being awarded to make it one of the top three cities in Nigeria. Anambra is not competing with Nigeria's local standard, our target is Dubai. Same way is Onitsha and Nnewi receiving equal attention.

You are lying through your clenched teeth, there is no development going on anywhere near awka, show pics lets see! The liar shewed pics of Obiano poster and forgot to show project working pics grin

three flyovers and three tunnels and three skyscrapers, lollz grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.