Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,356 members, 7,860,941 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:26 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1236405 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:51am On Mar 10, 2015
Firstly you are not from Anambra and you do not know our state more than some of us that are residents. You cannot love Anambra more than you love your state.

It is on record that Anambra has the best road network not only the urban centers but road traversing the rural areas. I don't care whatever that you feel because at the end of the day it will be your words against mine and it will still not remove the fact that Anambra has the best road network east of the niger. No matter how much you spread lies it will not diminish that fact and it can never stand! Never!

I have listed several roads here and even posted pictures to back them up. There are such roads in Anambra that are so wide that it remains just a demarcation for it to be called a dual carriageway in your definition. I do not want to start drawing comparisons between states here but you have brought other states here in your resolve to start what you cannot finish. This is Anambra thread and if you wish to talk about other states you better go to their thread and start doing that. We are not interested in whatever you believe.

Like as I said it will only be your words against mine, while I say that we have more dualized roads and you are on the other hand saying that they have more dualized roads, it will remain that way because I will never agree with you neither will you agree with me and it goes on and on.

I posted a particular road in Onitsha Harbour, that road can be split into six lanes if it were to be demarcated to form a dualized roads. We are not talking of other similar roads like that in other parts of the state. Are you aware of the dual carriagesways inside the Harbour? No, you don't because you are not from Anambra and also you are not resident. Harbour estates alone has at least two dual carriageways, of which I will bring the picture shortly. Anambra is not a one-city-state like the ones you mentioned. There are dual carriageways even in some rural areas as I even posted their pictures up here.

You can say whatever you want to say but it does not change what is the on ground. I posted this particular road below as an example for you to see. This road was done so wide but because it was not demarcated with concrete it is not a dualized road in your definition. Like as I said you are not from Anambra neither are you a resident so you are not expected to know what you do not know. Leave us alone we have more wide/dualized roads and you are saying we do not have..it is simply your words against ours. Simple!

[s]
cjrane:

I will say in Phyno's voice "onwebero ife i fulu" grin

Bro, I won't call you names or an ediot because only nonentities want to call people names rather than to tackle the issues raised. You have done and continue to do evil against the great name of Anambra and her illustrious people by your regrettable and thoughtless activities and statements. Anyhow, I don't need you to validate that i do love Anambra with all my heart. But, i must state the facts even if you don't like it.

So, let me respectfully say it again, although Peter Obi did excellently in intra state roads. However, Umuahia not to mention Owerri now have more DUALIZED roads than Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi COMBINED!

Now i am not counting the federal road PH-Enugu road passing through Umuahia as dual carriages in Umuahia. I am counting the roads dualized inside Umuahia. Just like i am not counting the federal highway Enugu-Onitsha expressway passing through Onitsha and Awka as dual carriage ways in both cities.

If you have been to Umuahia or Owerri lately, the equivalence of these major roads in Onitsha such as; Oguta road, Awka road, Limca road, Oraifite street, Ezeiweka street, Port Harcourt road, Ozomagala road, Modebe avenue,Zik avenue, Iweka road,Anazonwu street, New market road,old market road,Bida street, Atani road, MCC road etc in Onitsha have ALL been dualized .

Now you can say all you want and call me Nkita as much as it tickles your fancy, i still do hate Rochas like you do. But, eziokwu is bitter. Rochas especially in Owerri have surprised me with many many many dualized roads beyond my hatred for him.

Now, my man Obiano seems to be determined to build modern world class infrastructure in Anambra. I hope he succeeds. We need world class roads, well demarcated with street light and even traffic lights in the in our major cities of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi. We deserve nothing less.
[/s]

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:13am On Mar 10, 2015
Keep hating and dying in silence while we are advancing and creating employment opportunities for our youngsters in diverse sectors spanning Oil and Gas, agriculture, etc. We have left all of you behind. Building the Nigeria's largest economy after Lagos state.. cheesy

Obiano to Inaugurate $100m Ekcel Farm Project

As part of activities commemorating his one year in office, Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State will Wednesday inaugurate a monumental site for the formal take off of the $100 million Ekcel Farm project in the state.

The farm project, which is sited in Omasi, Ayamelum local government area of the state, is a private sector initiative by Ekcel Farms Limited for the development of full scale mechanised agriculture.

Ekcel Farms Limited, a subsidiary of Oilserv Limited would partner recognised global key players in the agri-business industry, and would focus on meeting the millennium investment goals and objectives of the state government through developing a scheme that would facilitate massive agricultural development in the state. This partnership is further expected to take advantage of the economic transformation programmes of the state government in order to fully realise her investment potentials.

A statement yesterday estimated to cost about $100 million the project is to involve the large scale commercial production and processing of cassava and tomato into bi-products for local and export markets.

“The project, which is consistent with the Anambra State vision to become a first choice investment destination and a hub for industrialisation and commercial activities, will expectedly contribute largely to the state's agricultural productivity, industrialisation and development just as it will boost activities in the key areas of produce processing, manufacturing and exports,” it added.

The state government had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in September 2014 with Ekcel Farms Limited.

Ekcel Farms operations would maximise the utilisation of local agricultural raw produce, and by so doing create more jobs for citizens of immediate communities and put more money in their pockets.

Apart from being a major consumer of their produce, Ekcel would expose the local farmers to the benefits of agricultural research in areas of crops utilisation, land use maximisation and opportunities optimisation.

“The product choice is been determined by the domestic and international demands for these processed agro-allied products and will be focused on target markets where there are currently supply gaps due to inability to meet high demands,” it further stated.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obiano-to-inaugurate-100m-ekcel-farm-project/203703/

10 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
[size=18pt]GABROS FC (IFEANYI UBA UNITED) SIGNS FORMER CROWN FC TALISMAN BODE DANIEL[/size]

His name might not ring a bell to my fellow soccer loving Anambrarians cc: ODENIGBOAROLI but those of us that follow the Nigerian League religiously the way my friends do for European league sure do know him to be a 'GOAL HURSTLER' though Crown Fc performed poorly in the last season his prowess and prospects where however not ignored by keen tacticians who have continued to lobby for his signature. His striking partner Onyekachi Okafor at Crown Fc who recently moved to Warri wolves was a delight to watch on sunday against Gabros and kept our defenders busy throughout the match though our own ABORTION EXPERT Goal keeper Chidiebere Eze was in the THEATER doing what he knows best.

If he finalises his transfer process before weekend he will be up against Sushine Stars of Akure whom were also very keen in landing him to their team including El-kenemi warriors, Sharks and Heartland Fc. And he might be pairing Michael Ohamu (who currently hold the records of the FIRST and FASTEST goal-4mins of the season) in the striking position.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 2:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
[size=18pt]AND ON SUNDAY............................[/size]

Ifeanyi Uba proved to doubting Thomas-es that he meant business as he Donated TWO NEW 30 seater INNOSSON configured Airconditioned BUSES for the team. He also donated Another TWO INNOSSON SUV for the management of the team stressing his impatience in seeing the team play in the continent next season.

The match against warri wolves ended 2:0 in favour of the Anaedo Maquerades with an early strike in just 4mins into the match, while the warri wolves were still trying to decipher the similarity between Gabros FC and ifeanyi Uba United Michael Ohamu reminded them that the battle has just began. And just like most of their matches after absorbing all necessary pressures from the warri team in the 90th min Onyekachi Nwaiwu wrapped up the game with a thunderous strike.

Ifeanyi Uba United currently tops the league with 3 points along side Wikki tourist of Bauchi who defeated 3sc of Ibadan by 2goals (both goals were scored through Penalties making Victor Yakubu currently the highest goal scorer (2goals))

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
uduokirika1:
[size=18pt]AND ON SUNDAY............................[/size]

Ifeanyi Uba proved to doubting Thomas-es that he meant business as he Donated TWO NEW 30 seater INNOSSON configured Airconditioned BUSES for the team. He also donated Another TWO INNOSSON SUV for the management of the team stressing his impatience in seeing the team play in the continent next season.

The match against warri wolves ended 2:0 in favour of the Anaedo Maquerades with an early strike in just 4mins into the match, while the warri wolves were still trying to decipher the similarity between Gabros FC and ifeanyi Uba United Michael Ohamu reminded them that the battle has just began. And just like most of their matches after absorbing all necessary pressures from the warri team in the 90th min Onyekachi Nwaiwu wrapped up the game with a thunderous strike.

Ifeanyi Uba United currently tops the league with 3 points along side Wikki tourist of Bauchi who defeated 3sc of Ibadan by 2goals (both goals were scored through Penalties making Victor Yakubu currently the highest goal scorer (2goals))
Ifeanyi ubah dey vex o.
Like odenigbo aroli said, the league is still just starting, so its very early to say anything now. I just hope they will maintain the tempo so as to clinch a continental ticket. Giwa fc of jos started very well last season too but couldn't get a continental ticket due to certain events that played out towards the end of the season. I just hope they continue this way.
Thanks for the update uduokirika1.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 7:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
My facebook friend Ahmed Alubankudi posted:

"Fellas. Not many will believe that Onitsha is actually a beautiful place to live. Yes, it kinda rough like every other buzzling city but this GRA will CHANGE your impression of city.

Nwane Onitsha, Kedu !"

His post: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152618110837105&id=517617104&refid=17&ref=stream&_ft_

His page: https://m.facebook.com/ahmed.alubankudi?fref=nf&refid=52&ref=stream&__tn__=C

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 8:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
Zonacom:

Ifeanyi ubah dey vex o.
Like odenigbo aroli said, the league is still just starting, so its very early to say anything now. I just hope they will maintain the tempo so as to clinch a continental ticket. Giwa fc of jos started very well last season too but couldn't get a continental ticket due to certain events that played out towards the end of the season. I just hope they continue this way.
Thanks for the update uduokirika1.
Yeso. The league is still very young but I have never prophesised dat Gabros will win d league. But if you watch this team you will be left with no choice than to support them.

We will keep on taking d matches as dey come one after the other d way we did in d NNL last season, dis weekend we are on the road against d AKURE GUNNERS sunshine stars and hope to come back with victory!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 9:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
Schematics:
Firstly you are not from Anambra and you do not know our state more than some of us that are residents. You cannot love Anambra more than you love your state.

It is on record that Anambra has the best road network not only the urban centers but road traversing the rural areas. I don't care whatever that you feel because at the end of the day it will be your words against mine and it will still not remove the fact that Anambra has the best road network east of the niger. No matter how much you spread lies it will not diminish that fact and it can never stand! Never!

I have listed several roads here and even posted pictures to back them up. There are such roads in Anambra that are so wide that it remains just a demarcation for it to be called a dual carriageway in your definition. I do not want to start drawing comparisons between states here but you have brought other states here in your resolve to start what you cannot finish. This is Anambra thread and if you wish to talk about other states you better go to their thread and start doing that. We are not interested in whatever you believe.

Like as I said it will only be your words against mine, while I say that we have more dualized roads and you are on the other hand saying that they have more dualized roads, it will remain that way because I will never agree with you neither will you agree with me and it goes on and on.

I posted a particular road in Onitsha Harbour, that road can be split into six lanes if it were to be demarcated to form a dualized roads. We are not talking of other similar roads like that in other parts of the state. Are you aware of the dual carriagesways inside the Harbour? No, you don't because you are not from Anambra and also you are not resident. Harbour estates alone has at least two dual carriageways, of which I will bring the picture shortly. Anambra is not a one-city-state like the ones you mentioned. There are dual carriageways even in some rural areas as I even posted their pictures up here.

You can say whatever you want to say but it does not change what is the on ground. I posted this particular road below as an example for you to see. This road was done so wide but because it was not demarcated with concrete it is not a dualized road in your definition. Like as I said you are not from Anambra neither are you a resident so you are not expected to know what you do not know. Leave us alone we have more wide/dualized roads and you are saying we do not have..it is simply your words against ours. Simple!

[s][/s]

Nkrika mmadu,
Look at you shamelessly showing me Nkpor flyover as dual carriage road, why not show me Upper Iweka flyover too? You can deceive others but not me. If anyone knows every nook and cranny of Anambra, it is me. You don't live in Anambra, but will continue to recycle old Internet pictures to deceive those as gullible as you.
You are right that i will not exchange words with you because a normal person cannot hold a conversation with a mad man like you and expect people to know the difference.

Did I hear you say leave this thread? grin Taa gbafuo!
You are truly a mad eediot to even open your mouth and call this thread your own!. After you had tried so much to derail this thread several times , Chimaadeoye PM me and several others to keep posting objectively to make sure your activities and some people to junk this thread was defeated. Ask that great forumite if this information is accurate.
If there is anyone I know is a saboteur to Anambra cause, it is YOU. Just like one Ikwerre guy hijacked the IMO thread pretending to be from IMO state. So, don't ever think you are fooling anyone but yourself by your pretenses here.

18 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ikoloanambra: 11:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
cjrane:

Bro Chino,
All you have said is true.If the lies in Nigeria's census is corrected, Anambra truly has bigger population than Kano. But, that isn't my point. If resources were unlimited, we would say lets have anything we want. In the light of meager resources which has even got tighter with fall of oil price, we must choose wisely what is of utmost importance to our economic resurgence and not merely ego.
Mind you, let me reiterate that;

[size=18pt] I AM NOT AGAINST AN AIRPORT for Onitsha, but built in AGULERI.[/size]

Just that it makes no sense to build an airport in Aguleri with state funds, in the light of so many unmet pressing and basic developmental needs in the state.
For your info only , the Airport is site is NOT in Aguleri BUT in a neighbouring town Umuleri .
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ikoloanambra: 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
cjrane:
For your info only , the Airport is site is NOT in Aguleri BUT in a neighbouring town Umuleri .

Anambra needs exactly all the projects being built such as refinery, Dual carriage way to the Refinery/airport site from Awka and Onitsha. The dual carriage way will open up the land in that area as a new frontier for development of modern cities to make the entire Anambra a true mega city.

What I still seriously doubt its economic viability/wisdom is the use of state funds to build an airport in Aguleri now that there are international airports in Enugu and finally a domestic airport less than 5 kilometers from Onitsha main market at Asaba.
We had all watched with horror how for many many years, the struggle to build an international airport at Oba to service Onitsha main market had been frustrated by many kingpins in Anambra power-play. To God be the glory, a State capital was placed next to Onitsha and immediately the focus of the struggle changed into urging the near by Delta state to put an airport in its capital city which had since broken the jinx of those who compromised Anambra government and swore no airport shall be 100 Kilometers close to Onitsha to protect their luxury bus business.

It is easy to claim that Lufthansa, Turkish airline, British Airways, Delta airlines, Saudi Arabian airline or Malaysia airways will leave Port Harcourt or Accra where they are currently getting ATK aviation fuel to fly into Aguleri for same. We know how easy it had been for us to convince these foreign carriers to connect Enugu or even Asaba inspite of all the facilities in those airports for day and night flights.
My real question is what if the international airlines still prefer to go to PH and Accra to get fuel after the Aguleri airport is built? What would then be the justification for spending billions to build the airport? Where in the world has billions been spent for an international airport to be built solely to sell fuel and not for passenger traffic? This is a serious issue in my opinion to build an airport just to sell fuel.
Chino has already advised me that the airport shall be a PPP initiative of a private investor. In that case, it makes every sense for an individual to build it and manage it as his own personal investment than sinking billions of state money in such white elephant project.

We should use that money for airports craze to build a light rail system that connects Ihiala/ Nnewi axis and Awka/Awkuzu axis directly to Onitsha main market. So that our people living in Awka or Ihiala can simply board a light train and go buy or sell at Onitsha main market and return to their city of residence without paying too much on transportation.Ethiopia borrowed to build and indeed just commissioned a 70 kilometers light rail system for $400 million dollars to connect towns around Addis Ababa. Even if we borrow to build such a project, it will easily pay for itself from the revenue which it will generate from cheaply and conveniently moving millions of people everyday into and out of Onitsha.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by DaVerdict: 2:13am On Mar 11, 2015
@ uduokirika1, I can see Daniel Amokachi in da pictures, is he among the Gabros fc coaching crew or just an invited guest?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:37am On Mar 11, 2015
I will skip the insult part because as a username we were not groomed to insult but with facts. The road i posted is Iweka road that leads to Fegge and not Nkpor flyover. Please check it out properly.

Well right now am on a school run will respond in full later!

cjrane:

Nkrika mmadu,
Look at you shamelessly showing me Nkpor flyover as dual carriage road, why not show me Upper Iweka flyover too? You can deceive others but not me. If anyone knows every nook and cranny of Anambra, it is me. You don't live in Anambra, but will continue to recycle old Internet pictures to deceive those as gullible as you.
You are right that i will not exchange words with you because a normal person cannot hold a conversation with a mad man like you and expect people to know the difference.

You are truly a mad eediot to even open your mouth and call this thread your own!. After you had tried so much to derail this thread several times , Chimaadeoye PM me and several others to keep posting objectively to make sure your activities and some people to junk this thread was defeated. Ask that great forumite if this information is accurate.
If there is anyone I know is a saboteur to Anambra cause, it is YOU. Just like one Ikwerre guy hijacked the IMO thread pretending to be from IMO state. So, don't ever think you are fooling anyone but yourself by your pretenses here.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:21am On Mar 11, 2015
uduokirika1:
[size=18pt]GABROS FC (IFEANYI UBA UNITED) SIGNS FORMER CROWN FC TALISMAN BODE DANIEL[/size]

His name might not ring a bell to my fellow soccer loving Anambrarians cc: ODENIGBOAROLI but those of us that follow the Nigerian League religiously the way my friends do for European league sure do know him to be a 'GOAL HURSTLER' though Crown Fc performed poorly in the last season his prowess and prospects where however not ignored by keen tacticians who have continued to lobby for his signature. His striking partner Onyekachi Okafor at Crown Fc who recently moved to Warri wolves was a delight to watch on sunday against Gabros and kept our defenders busy throughout the match though our own ABORTION EXPERT Goal keeper Chidiebere Eze was in the THEATER doing what he knows best.

If he finalises his transfer process before weekend he will be up against Sushine Stars of Akure whom were also very keen in landing him to their team including El-kenemi warriors, Sharks and Heartland Fc. And he might be pairing Michael Ohamu (who currently hold the records of the FIRST and FASTEST goal-4mins of the season) in the striking position.

I heard about the guy,quiet player but great prospect.
Have you heard anything about Rojenny stadium? Can we play there ?
The team need to return to Anambra soil.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 10:36am On Mar 11, 2015
DaVerdict:
@ uduokirika1, I can see Daniel Amokachi in da pictures, is he among the Gabros fc coaching crew or just an invited guest?

Jay-jay(Delta state FA chairman) was supposed to be there too but I heard other national engagement took him to Abuja. Amokachi was there with some former super eagle's players. Ifeanyi Uba used his influence to bring them to add to the pop and peagentry.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 11:10am On Mar 11, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

[size=18pt]Anambra soil?[/size]

RoJENNY STADIUM already had approval to host NPFL matches, the LMC inspection team approved the Stadium On Thursday Night 5/03/2015

BUT................

This particular match was even played at NNEWI!!!!!!!!!! how Ifeanyi Uba secured late night approval for Gabros Stadium still baffles my imagination 'cos Gabros stadium is not conducive to host NPFL matches.

The crowd could not find seating position 'cos the less than 1,000 sitting capacity was overwhelmed by the mammoth spectators that turned out for the match.

Irrespective of the fact I support this team, I must say I'm not comfortable with this new development by Chief Uba, 'cos using his political muscle to bend objective LMC inspection team's recommendations will do the team no good in the long run.

#LETUSGOBACKTOROJENNYSTADIUM

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by yellowsun: 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
^^^^^ you are right
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by DaVerdict: 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
uduokirika1:

Jay-jay(Delta state FA chairman) was supposed to be there too but I heard other national engagement took him to Abuja. Amokachi was there with some former super eagle's players. Ifeanyi Uba used his influence to bring them to add to the pop and peagentry.

Nice one...anyway we will continue to give them our full support as the only Anambra team participating in the elite league, I have confidence in chief Ubah to get the stadia fixed in due time.
thanks for the update
Anambra shall be great again!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ikwokrikwo: 10:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
A very disgraceful stadium.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
emmysoftyou:
grin grin ,i thought yu re a girl?anyway as a guy,let me gist yu.
i appeared as a guest on nairaland since 2006/7,i was jus reading news on front page and comments frm registered pple, which i enjoyed then as guest.
i dnt ve time to registered,but the major reasons why i register was because of sexuality zone,anytime i clicked it as a guess,it limit me frm seeing what is happening there,and i want to knw wat is happening there negger.cheesy
so my eagerness and curiosity to know what s happening in sexuality section enable me to registered for nairaland in 2013..
my old comments started with job nd vacancy and sexuality section negger.
Politics become more interesting cos of what is happening around us..
it was even in politics i found out there re crazy set of people.despite frm the same ethnic group,they re still crazy?negga,
leave stories 4 d gods,
yu might ve registered b4 me,but what have yu learnt so far?
lets nt derailed this thread,nice meeting yu,but calmed down bro cool

I appeared as a guest 1996. seun never touch computer then...
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by emmysoftyou: 11:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
patmaine:

I appeared as a guest 1996. Patrick never touch computer then...
grin grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:54am On Mar 12, 2015
Anambra..leading the pack in all facets of development. Imagine another $100 million (N16billion) being pumped into the state once again? Creating job job job spanning oil and gas, aviation, industrialization and modern agriculture for our graduates. Building the Nigeria's mega state and biggest economy.. cheesy

Engr. Emeka Okwuosa the owner of Ekcel farms pictured in the tractor he is also the owner of the worldclass OIL SERV (E&P)

Obiano’s Agro-Revolution gets Underway as Ekcel Farms Begins $100m Operation

Flagging off the N16 billion ($100m) farm which will exclusively focus on the cultivation and processing of tomato and cassava, Wednesday, Governor Obiano announced that finally, the fire of his administration’s agrarian revolution has started to spread.

According to him, since the arrival of Coched Farms Limited in Anaku in May last year, Anambra State had flung its doors wide open to agro-investors who have since discovered what the state has to offer to the investment community.

Said he: “Today, we are on a different turf. Ekcel Farms is investing in Cassava and tomato. It will produce over 150,000 tons of tomato puree. This investment is a blessing to the Omasi people in particular and to Ndi Anambra as a whole. It will attract 13,500 direct jobs and over 100,000 indirect jobs.”

The governor further explained that the company would allocate 5% of its annual profit to the host Community, 10% to the state government and another 5% to the provision of amenities. “Is this not a blessing to Omasi people? Is this not a blessing to Anambra State?” he asked and exhorted the Omasi people to endeavor to play the good host and provide a congenial atmosphere for Ekcel Farms to thrive and fulfill its mission as a going concern.

“I want you to imitate the Anaku people who have been a wonderful host to Coched Farms. Since Coched farms began operations there in May last year, there has not been a single incident between it and the host community. That is the way I want you to relate with Ekcel Farms,” he further enthused.

Governor Obiano also advised the Omasi people to adopt a very friendly attitude to the farm and treat it as though it belonged to the community. “I Want you to take ownership of this company. Treat it as your own. Lend them a timely hand. They have come to develop and build Omasi and you must help them to do it,” he advised.

Earlier in his remarks, the Chairman of Ekcel Farms Ltd, Engr. Emeka Okwuosa had explained that Ekcel Farms Ltd became interested in Anambra State when it realized that the governor’s Economic Blueprint was not a political gimmick but a true blueprint for the development of Anambra State.

“It became very obvious from the way he went about tackling the challenge of insecurity in the state. If Anambra were not secure, Ekcel Farms would not be here today. Most investors like me will not invest in any place where we do not feel secure,” Engr Okwuosa observed pointing out that the governor had yet to spend a full year in office but he had recorded a tremendous achievement.

Speaking further, Engr Okwuosa said, “We are not just here to farm but to set up an industrial and mechanized agriculture. The whole aim is to cultivate, process and market cassava and tomato products. It is obvious that agriculture needs to be developed to become the bedrock of the economy.”

According to him, from the experience his company had gathered from operating in other parts of the country, it had developed a community engagement model that would help to strengthen its ties with the host community. “We shall help the community to form cooperatives and encourage local farmers to cultivate cassava which we shall take from them for processing. This will help the community generate instant revenue.

Engr Okwuosa further revealed that when fully operational, the farm would be producing 21,000 tons of cassava per annum while it would produce 150,000 tons of raw tomato and 51,000 tons of tomato paste.

“We expect that in the next six months we shall be fully on ground here. We also expect that our plant will be fully operational between 12 to 18 months. The plant will be built overseas and shipped to Omasi for installation. But we will commence cultivation prior to that. We are not in this business for the short term. This is a business that will last for decades. I must thank the governor, Chief Willie Obiano whose vision and drive made it possible for us to come here today,” Engineer Okwuosa revealed.

Earlier in his opening remarks, the Chairman of Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA) Igwe Cyril Enweze had expressed optimism that the arrival of Ekcel Farms would attract more investors to Anambra State.

He applauded Governor Obiano for turning Anambra into the safest state in Nigeria and offering a strategic blueprint that offers a clear delineation of priority areas in the Four Pillars and 13 Enablers.

Igwe Enweze also lauded Governor Obiano for leading Anambra to the top of accountability and transparency in governance in Nigeria.http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=108753

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 8:50am On Mar 12, 2015
Schematics:
Anambra..leading the pack in all facets of development. Imagine another $100 million (N16billion) being pumped into the state once again? Creating job job job spanning oil and gas, aviation, industrialization and modern agriculture for our graduates. Building the Nigeria's mega state and biggest economy.. cheesy

Anambra adi go mma cool

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:03am On Mar 12, 2015
Nwanne just plan to land in Anambra International Cargo / Passenger Airport when next you are coming home from UK. Three brand new superhighways with multiple lanes are being developed from our cities to link the airport. Anambra on the world stage.. cool

ak47mann:
Anambra of adigo mma cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 12, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

rojenny stadia is in Anambra soil. Though I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 9:18am On Mar 12, 2015
[size=18pt]Gabros Int’l Fc Sign Malian, Ivorian, Brazilian players[/size]

[b]The new proprietor of Gabros Int’l of Nnewi, Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has given the management of the Anaedo Boys a fat sack of money to rebuild a winning club that’s expected to rank amongst the top three on the log.
And to take the first step, the club has cast its fishing net very wide and caught some quality players from Africa and across the Atlantic ocean with the signing of players from Ivory Coast and Mali as well as a player from Brazil.

Club Coordinator and veteran football personality Soccer Ambassador, Friday Nwankwo-Kuja disclosed this yesterday in Lagos and gave the names of the first foreign arrivals as Boueti Michel Emmanuel and Koko Armando Christy. They will join the squad before the next league match at the weekend.

He also revealed that the Malian top player will arrive in Nigeria tomorrow while the third, a Brazilian is expected to touch down at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos before the close of work on Friday.
Nwankwo-Kuja hinted that several top players from other NPFL teams have dumped their former clubs for Gabros Int’l which is expected to be formally known as Ifeanyi Ubah FC, even for a pay cut, adding that the reason is the new structure of the club emphasizes players welfare.

Meanwhile, Ubah has acquired four brand new Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) for the coaching crew and management staff while another two luxury buses have also been bought for the smooth ride of the players to match venues.

He said the gesture is in appreciation of the victory of the club at the Nigeria National League (NNL) Super Four Cup won by the club in Ilorin, Kwara State barely one week after it was bought over from Gabros International. The team also walloped Warri Wolves FC 2-0 last weekend in the first match of the season in Nnewi.[/b]

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/gabros-intl-sign-malian-ivorian-brazilian/

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Energito11: 9:31am On Mar 12, 2015
Infromation reaching me,has it that gov obiano will dump Apga for PDP after election.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 10:38am On Mar 12, 2015
Schematics:
Nwanne just plan to land in Anambra International Cargo / Passenger Airport when next you are coming home from UK. Three brand new superhighways with multiple lanes are being developed from our cities to link the airport. Anambra on the world stage.. cool

That is nice never knew passengers can also land on that airport it depends when the airport is ready i dey come home very soon cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
Energito11:
Infromation reaching me,has it that gov obiano will dump Apaga for PDP after election.
Apaga abi? No wahala. Once he remains in APGA.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2015
emmysoftyou:
grin grin

na waaa u oooooo...Which person brain u feel say dem use do computer.. nwanne I na amu amu..
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
Nwa Anambra..

Ife eji abu onye Anambra erika.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by B2mario(m): 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2015
cjrane:

Nkrika mmadu,

correct talk!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
When is the next Gabros march? Will like to be there to cheer them. with this squad am seeing this guys will spring a lot of surprises.

It is clear that Uba is out for real business of soccer.. cheesy

uduokirika1:
[size=18pt]Gabros Int’l Fc Sign Malian, Ivorian, Brazilian players[/size]

[b]The new proprietor of Gabros Int’l of Nnewi, Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has given the management of the Anaedo Boys a fat sack of money to rebuild a winning club that’s expected to rank amongst the top three on the log.
And to take the first step, the club has cast its fishing net very wide and caught some quality players from Africa and across the Atlantic ocean with the signing of players from Ivory Coast and Mali as well as a player from Brazil.

Club Coordinator and veteran football personality Soccer Ambassador, Friday Nwankwo-Kuja disclosed this yesterday in Lagos and gave the names of the first foreign arrivals as Boueti Michel Emmanuel and Koko Armando Christy. They will join the squad before the next league match at the weekend.

He also revealed that the Malian top player will arrive in Nigeria tomorrow while the third, a Brazilian is expected to touch down at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos before the close of work on Friday.
Nwankwo-Kuja hinted that several top players from other NPFL teams have dumped their former clubs for Gabros Int’l which is expected to be formally known as Ifeanyi Ubah FC, even for a pay cut, adding that the reason is the new structure of the club emphasizes players welfare.

Meanwhile, Ubah has acquired four brand new Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) for the coaching crew and management staff while another two luxury buses have also been bought for the smooth ride of the players to match venues.

He said the gesture is in appreciation of the victory of the club at the Nigeria National League (NNL) Super Four Cup won by the club in Ilorin, Kwara State barely one week after it was bought over from Gabros International. The team also walloped Warri Wolves FC 2-0 last weekend in the first match of the season in Nnewi.[/b]

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/gabros-intl-sign-malian-ivorian-brazilian/

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.