Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227366 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:25pm On May 26, 2015
Agulu-Lake Area of Anambra-State

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 6:32pm On May 26, 2015
Hia o....onye ka mbuzi....Kedu ndi AMICHI nnewi south ..ha nokwanu ebe a?

Anambra amaka
Otolo ndi otolo gbagbuo ndi ojo si na anyi bu anambra ama ebube

Deme nu

Just spoke pure newi south

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 6:34pm On May 26, 2015
investnow2013:
Agulu-Lake Area of Anambra-State
Gbam

Hope the crocs are there

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 6:39pm On May 26, 2015
post=34104417:
Ngozika Housing estate Awka

Agu be anyi .....biko Chelu ka m Juo gi.....are u a pilot helicopter ka ibu amusu always snapping from elevation ...thats nice

Chukwu has elevated you ...eme ka choro gi okeipku na Asadike

Dalu rinne

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:01pm On May 26, 2015
Health is Not Left out in Anambra-State of Alaigbo nile!..... Here Obiano helping an accident victim on his way to an important State function!. A Healthy Anambra-State is also A Wealthy State!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:04pm On May 26, 2015
tonychristopher:

Gbam

Hope the crocs are there
Plenty!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:06pm On May 26, 2015
NaijirianKing:
In few years time these tin roofs will be rusty and brown, there should be a ban on them. Stone coated roofs should be instituted, that way the place stays aesthetically viable longer.

Those are aluminium roofing sheets, they don't rust.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 7:07pm On May 26, 2015
Nice

investnow2013:
Plenty!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:08pm On May 26, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Gbam!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by yellowsun: 7:12pm On May 26, 2015
[size=18pt]Batch “A” Corps members deployed to Anambra State leaves Orientation camp[/size]

[b]The two thousand, two hundred Batch “A” Corps members deployed to Anambra State have left their Orientation camp, Umunya, to their places of primary assignment to continue their one year service to their father land. The deployment follows the close of the three weeks orientation course.
Speaking to newsmen, the Chairman NYSC State Governing Board and Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Mr. Tony Nnacheta, said that Ndi Anambra are open to other people’s culture and ideas that will help them evolve into a stronger and more prosperous society.
He, therefore, charged the Corps members to be free and carry out their community development services accordingly, stating that they are expected to be responsible and as well, work hard all through their service year.
Contributing, the Special Assistant to the Governor on Youth Empowerment, Dr. Onyeka Ibezim, noted that Anambra state has been corps members-friendly, pointing out that the state Governor has put a lot of measures in place to ensure security of the corps members.
Dr. Ibezim charged them to be law-abiding and relate with people of the State as Ndi Anambra are known for their hospitality, even as he said that the state has a lot of skill acquisition centres where the corps members will be of immense usefulness.
The State co-ordinator of the NYSC, Mrs. Rabinca Isioma-Odigwe, who thanked God for a peaceful camping, said that they have given the corps members all they need for a successful service, stressing the importance of CDS and expressing the belief that they are well prepared for what is expected of them.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:32pm On May 26, 2015
At NYSC Camp Umunya Oyi lga of Anambra-State!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 7:38pm On May 26, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Nwanne label them properly like "Awka the capital of Anamabra State, South East Nigeria"

Its important biko

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Bros Budda' doesn't want to leave any room for doubt as to whose city it is! wink

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:38pm On May 26, 2015
NYSC CAMP UMUNYA-ANAMBRA STATE of ALAIGBO!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Handsomegod(m): 8:21pm On May 26, 2015
investnow2013:
At NYSC Camp Umunya Oyi lga of Anambra-State!
It is also high time the state government should start planning to build a befitting NYSC camp in Anambra state.This Umunya Amazon forest is long overdue for a facelift.Even the access road leading to it is an eyesore if my memory serves me right.There is enough corporate bodies in Anambra state that can donate halls,hostels,boreholes and other critical amenities to make the 3 weeks "toture" a bit convenient.
Damn error if any! Chukwugozie#

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by yellowsun: 8:30pm On May 26, 2015
Handsomegod:

It is also high time the state government should start planning to build a befitting NYSC camp in Anambra state.This Umunya Amazon forest is long overdue for a facelift.Even the access road leading to it is an eyesore if my memory serves me right.There is enough corporate bodies in Anambra state that can donate halls,hostels,boreholes and other critical amenities to make the 3 weeks "toture" a bit convenient.
Damn error if any! Chukwugozie#

NYSC is a Federal parastatal

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 8:38pm On May 26, 2015
Schematics:
The guy must be a big boy from Nnewi.. cool

The owner of Kamo plaza Emma Ojukwu is my uncle same surname, he's from Awka etiti not Nnewi.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 8:44pm On May 26, 2015
Schematics:
Awka is the most beautiful and most modern city east of the Niger of the moment. Awka has the most modern and beautiful well-laid out estates, Dubai like flyovers, malls, resorts, some of the best hospitality etc. You can take that to the Hagues! cool

Not yet the most beautiful maybe the most modern.
I have been to all the cities and States of the East of Niger, I can tell you that the effect of the shady deals by the town planners who managed the city design from 1991 to few years ago is one that looks insurmountable.
I remember that opposite the Government House was earlier marked for Recreational Parks and golf parks
Another area was also marked for the same purpose at Amawbia along the express way.
Now, Mbadinuju was cowed to abandon the former for What they now call the Abuja Estate
And Obi, the latter for part of Ngozika Estate. Sometimes, I ask myself whose interest those town planners were serving or they just wan' to make money at Government expense
Most part of present day Akpaka Forests supposed to be a portable forests reserve for Onitsha area is now overtaken by buildings
And what of roads inside Awka some which can barely pass two vehicles side by side

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 8:55pm On May 26, 2015
Take it or you leave it, Awka is the most beautiful and most modern city east of the niger presently. If you have been to Awka recently you will need not an oracle to tell you that it is a huge construction site. Maybe you are talking of older part of Awka although the roads are being expanded too but the newer part of the city is mouth-watering with well paved roads and decent accommodations. Below are some of the inner streets. You can take that to the Hagues!

Cuche:

Not yet the most beautiful maybe the most modern.
I have been to all the cities and States of the East of Niger, I can tell you that the effect of the shady deals by the town planners who managed the city design from 1991 to few years ago is one that looks insurmountable.
I remember that opposite the Government House was earlier marked for Recreational Parks and golf parks
Another area was also marked for the same purpose at Amawbia along the express way.
Now, Mbadinuju was cowed to abandon the former for What they now call the Abuja Estate
And Obi, the latter for part of Ngozika Estate. Sometimes, I ask myself whose interest those town planners were serving or they just wan' to make money at Government expense
Most part of present day Akpaka Forests supposed to be a portable forests reserve for Onitsha area is now overtaken by buildings
And what of roads inside Awka some which can barely pass two vehicles side by side

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:17pm On May 26, 2015
This is a most welcome development. Our decent cabs/buses will dominate the major cities..

The Anambra State Government has directed the restriction of all private and commercial motorcycle and tricycle operators from the major expressways in the State from Monday the first day of June, 2015.

Accordingly, all motorcycle and tricycle operators in the State will from next week Monday be barred from plying the Enugu- Onitsha and Onitsha - Owerri expressways. Similarly, it will be illegal for all motorcycles either private or commercial to ply the following designated roads in Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi
:

In Awka, the roads are: Enugu-Onitsha expressway, Arthur Eze Avenue and Ziks Avenue. For Onitsha, the roads are: Onitsha-Owerri expressway, Awka Road, Borromew-Upper Iweka-Bridge Head road, Old and New Market Roads and Oguta Road. In Nnewi, they are: Nnewi- Nnobi road and Nnewi - Oba road.

All Commuters who must ply these restricted roads are by this announcement advised to use tricycles or the taxis and buses provided by the State Government and other commercial vehicle owners.

Law enforcement agencies have been directed to ensure strict compliance to this directive. Any motorcycle or tricycle operator caught violating this directive will have his motorcycle or tricycle impounded, retrievable by the payment of a fine of five thousand Naira for motorcycles and ten thousand Naira for tricycles for first offenders.

Subsequent arrest for a second violation of this directive will attract outright confiscation of the motorcycle or tricycle by the State Government.
Lastly, all motorcycle operators in the State are by this announcement restricted from carrying more than a Passenger on a trip.

Signed.
Dr Uju Nwogu
Hon. Commissioner For Information, Culture and Tourism.

Chu'ma Mbonu Esq
Hon. Commissioner for Transport
26th May, 2015

http://www.absradiotv.com/index.php/anambra/state-news/anambra-central/1275-public-service-announcement-2

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:26pm On May 26, 2015
That's good & fair because I am totally against at right ban of Okada!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:30pm On May 26, 2015
The bikers can operate in the rural areas. Even in some states like Rivers, bikes still operate in places as Oyigbo, Choba and other surburbs of the state with the exception of PH city.

investnow2013:
That's good & fair because I am totally against at right ban of Okada!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 4dankey: 10:10pm On May 26, 2015
Schematics:
This is a most welcome development. Our decent cabs/buses will dominate the major cities..

Wow, this is what I have being expecting for a long time. I just love this news, restricting them to a particular area will be the best thing to do cos of all the business in Nnewi.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:14pm On May 26, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Unfortunately some kids don't know aluminum does not rust. Every piece of metal in their mind is iron.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:17pm On May 26, 2015
Awka Anambra-State, South-East of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:22pm On May 26, 2015
This House is part of Judges Quaters Awka-Anambra-State!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 10:47pm On May 26, 2015
Schematics:

Hian!!
Nna e, so if i'm to make a quick dash from Nkpor roundabout to Emeka Offor plaza in main market, i'd be stuck in traffic on one slow keke or taxi in traffic okwa ya? Not palatable to me sha.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 11:07pm On May 26, 2015
FKO81:

The owner of Kamo plaza Emma Ojukwu is my uncle same surname, he's from Awka etiti not Nnewi.
kamo plaza is close to DMGS which was my former school. Growing up i use to go visit the same plaza back then there was a big super market on the first floor,nwanne i bu onye awka etiti that's nice, me and my brothers used to visit awka etiti every xmas is just 10 mins away fro nnewi from my house. You will no chikeluba,arinze and igwe families (GMO) group of companies they were so rich they own like 30 different companies manufacturing everything you can think of at that time. Adaeze igwe yobos wife, she is the grand daughter of Oliver igwe one of the "GMO group" i knw them very well they all grew up in GRA onitsha use to visit them at one of her grand dad housing estates in GRA she was a small girl then.

Another old school rich awka etiti guy IKB igbanugo cosmetics, i still see his IKB soaps and body cream in london shops till today. That one his housing estate in GRA onitsha is so beautiful i always admire the architectural designs is off the hook is like a close. One big compound with european looking housing designs each house with is own garden designs with colorful flowers, he build about 40 of those duplex houses in number and IKB never lv in onitsha. cool

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 11:33pm On May 26, 2015
Schematics:
The bikers can operate in the rural areas. Even in some states like Rivers, bikes still operate in places as Oyigbo, Choba and other surburbs of the state with the exception of PH city.

It's a welcome development but Ndi anambra won't find it easy for some months. It'll take a long time for people to get used to this.
They didn't mention anything about private motorcycle owners. Are they included in the ban too? I can't see the possibility of that in Nnewi

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Arch1: 12:10am On May 27, 2015
Jeez !!! Someone just sent me a recorded audio of one of Radio Biafra's broadcast; so much hate and venom. You all should caution that guy called Nnamdi Kanu, he is digging a pit for you igbos. You deserve the right for self determination, but your approach to it is very wrong, poisionous and dangerous

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:28am On May 27, 2015
^^^ do ignore. It seems he didn't get his bearing right...

Anambra adigo mma for life!!!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by redsquare(m): 2:22am On May 27, 2015
investnow2013:
Health is Not Left out in Anambra-State of Alaibo nile!..... Here Obiano helping an accident victim on his way to an important State function!. A Healthy Anambra-State is also A Wealthy State!

Guy, I don't find it funny when an Igbo man write/pronounce Igbo as Ibo. WTF is Alaibo? Everyday on Nairaland we try to correct others especially ndiofe on how we Igbos want to be addressed but seeing a supposedly Igbo man make the same mistake is not acceptable. Please be guided.
@, nwanne idi egwu. Chukwu gozie yi. Keep the pictures rolling in. Feel so happy seeing our cities,towns and villages looking so neat, modern and well planned. Development in Anambra is evenly spread and will rival Lagos within the next few years. Watch out.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tandj: 2:39am On May 27, 2015
redsquare:

Guy, I don't find it funny when an Igbo man write/pronounce Igbo as Ibo. WTF is Alaibo? Everyday on Nairaland we try to correct others especially ndiofe on how we Igbos want to be addressed but seeing a supposedly Igbo man make the same mistake is not acceptable. Please be guided.
@, nwanne idi egwu. Chukwu gozie yi. Keep the pictures rolling in. Feel so happy seeing our cities,towns and villages looking so neat, modern and well planned. Development in Anambra is evenly spread and will rival Lagos within the next few years. Watch out.
See vexation! cheesy
Pls continue to correct them. It will sink in one day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.