Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,174 members, 7,853,002 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1235043 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:41am On Jul 16, 2015
What I'm thinking is how low the state IGR is in relation to these industries. Anambra should be generating nothing less than 2.5 billion a month in IGR

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2015
Exactly my thought[/quote author=FreeGlobe post=35920237]What I'm thinking is how low the state IGR is in relation to these industries. Anambra should be generating nothing less than 2.5 billion a month in IGR[/quote]
FreeGlobe:
What I'm thinking is how low the state IGR is in relation to these industries. Anambra should be generating nothing less than 2.5 billion a month in IGR

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:52am On Jul 16, 2015
FreeGlobe:
That's a far cry to what is generated in Obosi Urban/Industrial Layouts alone where 8 to 13 billion naira is generated quaterly!. There are over 300 thousand Flats/Houses, Shops, Bank branches, Industries, petrol station etc!.The sum of 1500 Naira or more are paid on security & sanitation levies quaterly!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2015
Onitsha shopping mall update

15 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by icon4ss: 11:26am On Jul 16, 2015
^^^ Me like the quality of ur camera

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2015
I don't know what they are building here, the structure is opposite Onitsha hotel

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 11:28am On Jul 16, 2015
FKO81:
Onitsha shopping mall update
finally taken shape

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 11:33am On Jul 16, 2015
Anambra adigo mma cool

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 11:40am On Jul 16, 2015
asha80:
How big is this industrial layout

^^^.....Sef! You should have added 'sef' for emphasis! If i didn't know i could have sworn this was maybe Apapa or Isolo! smiley

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 16, 2015
FKO81:
I don't know what they are building here, the structure is opposite Onitsha hotel
pardon, what camera do you use to take photos.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:51am On Jul 16, 2015
Largas:
pardon, what camera do you use to take photos.
Samsung smart camera

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 11:54am On Jul 16, 2015
FKO81:
Since I started these tasks, Harbour industrial layout is the area that shocked me, I'm still short of words till this moment I never anticipated I will see site like that in Anambra, I have spent years in Lagos before I relocated late last year ever since then I've been trying my best to explore Anambra state, I will repeat again Anambra is lacking behind in media coverage, I believe what gave Lag edge to Anambra are Federal infrastructures, Sea port, international airport, and administrative head offices, Harbour is just one out of many industrial area in Anambra, they are other areas like Ogbunike/Ogidi, Obosi/Nkpor, Nnewi, Agu Awka, Ozubulu also trying to join, I explored Harbour I was very impressed, good road network and power station and trucks garage, Harbour industrial Layout Onitsha is just industries and companies residential areas (RA), They are more than 150 industries both large and medium in Harbour area and Ogbaru LGA, I took lots of pictures, i couldn't cover all, some areas their security men didn't allow me.

Harbour industrial Layout Onitsha
Anambra is the most industrial state remember that.In the Zoo called nigeria and because is in the east they will always swallow the bitter pills cool

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 11:58am On Jul 16, 2015
ak47mann:
Anambra is the most industrial state remember that.In the Zoo called nigeria and because is in the east they will always swallow the bitter pills cool

When you go to Odume Layout Obosi you will see industries, the issue is that Anambra coys are not national players, they are just okay with local league, they lack media coverage and refuse to invest in PRs

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 11:59am On Jul 16, 2015
FKO81:

Hope its not a church

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
FKO81:

Samsung smart camera
did you explore the ogbunike/ogidi,nnewi,ozubulu ,obosi/nkpor and agu awka axis you earlier talked about?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
FreeGlobe:

^^^It seems you've picked up on my telepathy!

Seeing these pics of the massive industrial/commercial presence in Anambra brings home the gigantic scale of fraud that's been going on regarding IGR collection in the past.....when they used to return pathetic amounts like 200 or 300 million naira per month to the states coffers! sad

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
Zonacom:
Exactly my thought[/quote author=FreeGlobe post=35920237]What I'm thinking is how low the state IGR is in relation to these industries. Anambra should be generating nothing less than 2.5 billion a month in IGRWhat I'm thinking is how low the state IGR is in relation to these industries. Anambra should be generating nothing less than 2.5 billion a month in IGR

They are not covering many loopholes money generated from taxes are being siphoned in the state.
Anambra tax collectors are the worst in Africa, they are corrupt, greedy and selfish.

The best is digitalizing tax collection and using single account to monitor payments and withdrawals.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
State government should try and maintain parks and recreation areas around Onitsha, and they should try and reconstruct the one damaged at last incident that happen under flyover

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
investnow2013:
That's a far cry to what is generated in Obosi Urban/Industrial Layouts alone where 8 to 13 billion naira is generated quaterly!. There are over 300 thousand Flats/Houses, Shops, Bank branches, Industries, petrol station etc!.The sum of 1500 Naira or more are paid on security & sanitation levies quaterly!

^^^Bros nwanne, i'm have serious reservations over this amount you've been quoting as quarterly generated IGR for Obosi alone: 8 to 13 billion naira! I mean, you sure your calculator isn't broken!? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Bros nwanne, i'm have serious reservations over this amount you've been quoting as quarterly generated IGR for Obosi alone: 8 to 13 billion naira! I mean, you sure your calculator isn't broken!? undecided
that guy overhypes things

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
asha80:
did you explore the ogbunike/ogidi,nnewi,ozubulu ,obosi/nkpor and agu awka axis you earlier talked about?
No, I will do that next time, they are so many areas to explore, 33 Onitsha, Anambra north where those agro industries are springing up and other areas

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Malawian(m): 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
asha80:
i dont think he does. if they pay up to 1,500 per month on falts in just onitsha, knpor, obosi and environs, he is right to say billions, not millions. although it may not be more than 1-2 billion.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
AnambraDota:

Hope its not a church
It doesn't look like, they wrote Hilltop on the wall

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by sunnyb0b0(m): 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
investnow2013:

Bros, pass me that thing wey u inhale this morning, I'm interested.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
chinology:
Anambra adigo mma cool

Good coming from you....Mana biko,ejim Olisa b'nigwe ayo gi,rapu thread ndi Imo ka ayi nuo nmili towo iko.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by yang(m): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
FKO81:
State government should try and maintain parks and recreation areas around Onitsha, and they should try and reconstruct the one damaged at last incident that happen under flyover

That is a poorly maintained park. How hard is it even to maintain a vegetation? given our abundance of sun and rain. Why not install automatic sprinklers there and employ people to maintain parks in the city.

And also people should stop taking over the parks in neighborhoods for building.

I know how we fought the money bags in omogba phase 2 to a standstill who wanted to convert the Ofonze square to another compound.

The idiot had fenced the football field that i have been playing on since i was a boy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nextr8ted(m): 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
I'm new on nairaland but I've been a constant observer for close to 3 yrs...I think anambrarians needs to start paying taxes if they must be independent and develope.Its not about needless comparisms but check out Anambra and Lagos.Apart from federal presence,both states are similar in a lot of ways....It only takes a visionary leader to see this.Merge the cities of Onitsha,Nnewi,Awka,Ekwulobia,Ihiala,Atani,Otuocha,Oyi and their environs into one huge urban conurbation and watch Anambra metamorphose into a key economic city state in Africa. Tax collected from this region is more than enuf to develop two states,jst appoint a city mayor in charge of every economic activities in d city including taxes....unfortunately,I doubt if it'll ever happen cos our leaders are just too blind to see.I REST MY CASE

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
asha80:

Haha...Nnaa,leave my bros alone....Onye kwe chie ekwe.
8 to 13 billion it is , in Obosi alone....If wishes were horses nwa mkpi agbaa ene!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nextr8ted:
I'm new on nairaland but I've been a constant observer for close to 3 yrs...I think anambrarians needs to start paying taxes if they must be independent and develope.Its not about needless comparisms but check out Anambra and Lagos.Apart from federal presence,both states are similar in a lot of ways....It only takes a visionary leader to see this.Merge the cities of Onitsha,Nnewi,Awka,Ekwulobia,Ihiala,Atani,Otuocha,Oyi and their environs into one huge urban conurbation and watch Anambra metamorphose into a key economic city state in Africa. Tax collected from this region is more than enuf to develop two states,jst appoint a city mayor in charge of every economic activities in d city including taxes....unfortunately,I doubt if it'll ever happen cos our leaders are just too blind to see.I REST MY CASE

Great ideas...I read somewhere that Anambra is about to introduce electronic tax paying system. Well,I am sure they are working on something. I am a man of patience but I am itching.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
yang:

That is a poorly maintained park. How hard is it even to maintain a vegetation? given our abundance of sun and rain. Why not install automatic sprinklers there and employ people to maintain parks in the city.

And also people should stop taking over the parks in neighborhoods for building.

I know how we fought the money bags in omogba phase 2 to a standstill who wanted to convert the Ofonze square to another compound.

The idiot had fenced the football field that i have been playing on since i was a boy

I hate poorly maintained environment to my bone marrow!
Take a good look at that industrial estate and see how unkept the lawn are,even though they have very rich green grass that can bring out the beauty of the estate. How will it cost these money spinning industries to maintain their lawn and at least put a decent gate. The problem is our mentality,it must change.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.