Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1226675 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Tex42(m): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
It's good news the authority has finally decided to do something about the growing hips of dirt littered all over major towns and cities in the state.

Was in Anambra state two weeks ago, plied the Enugu-Onitsha express way. was heading to Igbariam from upper Iweka when I saw this massive hip of dirt at Tarzan Park, my God! Couldn't believe my eye. At that moment, I was just saying to myself, has Obiano ceased to be the technocrat and goal oriented governor he has always been. Was really pissed...

Anyway, had a sigh of relief on learning that the neglect of these disposal site were as a result of the relaction of the permanent dump site.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
[b]The first countries to ban Islam
See how the world is acting finally on the threat posed by Islam.
Cuba rejects plans for first mosque.
The African nation of Angola has officially become the first country to ban Islam.
Record number of Muslims deported from Norway at last as a way of fighting crime.
Japan is the only nation that does not give citizenship to Muslims.
In Germany alone in the last year there were 81 attacks targeting mosques.
Austrian police arrested 13 men targeting suspected jihad recruiters.
A Chinese court sends 22 Muslim Imams to jail for 5 to 16 years for spreading hatred.China has executed eight Jihadists; China campaigns against Separatism (i.e. disallowing Islamists to have their own separate state). Muslim prayers banned in government buildings and schools in Xinjiang (Western China).
British Home Secretary prepares to introduce 'Anti-social Behavior Order' for extremists and strip dual nationals of their Citizenship.
Czech Republic doesn't want Islam in their country.
Alabama - A new controversial amendment that will ban the recognition of "foreign laws which would include sharia law".
The Polish Defense League issues a warning to Muslims. 16 states have all introduced legislation to ban Shariah law.
Some Muslims in Northern Ireland have announced plans to leave the country to avoid anti-Islamic violence. The announcement comes after an attack on Muslims in the city of Belfast, when crazed rioters were provoked.
North Carolina Bans Islamic "Sharia Law" in the State.
Dutch MP calls for removal of all mosques in Netherlands. Member of Dutch Parliament: "We want to clean Netherlands of Islam". Dutch MP Machiel De Graaf spoke on behalf of the Party for Freedom when he said, "All mosques in the Netherlands should be shut down. Without Islam, the Netherlands would be a wonderful country".[/b] cool

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
FLASH

Daniel Amokachi resigns from FCIfeanyiUba

A sports journalist just confirmed this via BBM chats some minutes ago

Na waoooooo we are now at the mercy of John 'ogbummadu' Obuh!

Something seems not right with the Management systems of Chief Ifeanyi Uba I smell arrogancy, pride and lack of vision.

Under Chief Gabriel Chukwuma (Gabros) we hardly get to hear such news. Infact you will hardly see or hear him in the media! Even when he signed the foreign coach it was not over publicized most people get to know the coach at the super 4 tournament in Ilorin which Gabros won.

The league season at this point is not what one should toil with though FCI'uba is on 10th position my greatest fear is very simple, 'cos if John Obuh can bring us down from 3rd position to 13th in just 6 matches your guess is as good as mine what he can do in the remaining 7 matches to wrap up this season!!

1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 8:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
Tex42:
It's good news the authority has finally decided to do something about the growing hips of dirt littered all over major towns and cities in the state.

Was in Anambra state two weeks ago, plied the Enugu-Onitsha express way. was heading to Igbariam from upper Iweka when I saw this massive hip of dirt at Tarzan Park, my God! Couldn't believe my eye. At that moment, I was just saying to myself, has Obiano ceased to be the technocrat and goal oriented governor he has always been. Was really pissed...

Anyway, had a sigh of relief on learning that the neglect of these disposal site were as a result of the relaction of the permanent dump site.

When you talk now, they'll say you're from Cameroon or Ghana
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2015
tabletman1:
Macdon also have fast food outlet and he is currently building hotel.
I don't know if there is any other . I don't know but will check next time .

Eteleson is headed by Mr Etele Obinna. The company is one of the leading company in production of wood and timber preservatives in west African.

God bless alaIgbo.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2015
tabletman1:
Eteleson coming up....
Their pathway is still bushy but the factory is almost completed.

Anambra would have overtaken Abia as the home of indigenous manufacturing companies in Nigeria though I stand to be corrected.

But when you discover that 100% manufacturing activities going on in Nnewi is indigenous, 100% of manufacturing going on in Awka is indigenous then Obosi, Ogbunike, Umunya and Oba are all indigenous companies Onitsha too is almost 80% indigenous.

Forget people asking if multinational companies do exist in East, indigenous manufacturing are best ways to achieve greater economic impact directly on the locals.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2015
adeitoro:

Eteleson is headed by Mr Etele Obinna. The company is one of the leading company in production of wood and timber preservatives in west African.

God bless alaIgbo.

God bless him, thank God we didn't lose this to Lagos-Ogun axis grin grin grin grin grin

Our government need to be organising seminars and business summits for Anambra importers so that they will see the benefits of manufacturing.

If every year we have 5 importers opening different manufacturing outfits, before 5 years you won't know Anambra again.

Anambra State government need to open more industrial estates like Harbour, I know Ozubulu Industrial Estate but nothing much is happening there except the moribund FONTOP grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OGOg: 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
If only the SE have efficient rail way system connecting us to the middle belt
The railway system will ensure efficient haulage of locally made goods to the middle belt region , decrease the price of food stuff in the east as there is a wide margin in cost between SE and the middle belt regions.
If wishes were horses.......
I sincerely pray, that God almighty will help us find a way .

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Tex42(m): 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2015
Yeske2:
When you talk now, they'll say you're from Cameroon or Ghana
Any Anambrian playing partisan politics with issues that affects the state is definitely not progressive. Anambra state has to take her position(pioneers and front runners of anything good) in Nigeria. And we can't attain that height if we can't hold our leaders responsible(credit to Obiano, Peter...), and how do we do that if not by public outcry for what is right.

We have to start saying things the way they are in anambra politics, no matter who is in charger(relative, friend, mentor...). There is no point brandishing the truth as what I saw was a conspicuous hip of embarrassment(dirt) in the heart of Onitsha metropolis... Was a disgusting sight, an eye sore.

So bro, whether they brand u an alien or an astronaut from the moon, just keep it straight. Believe me when I say that there are people who still see good in hell bound evil. God bless!

God bless Anambra

God bless our Gov

God bless Us

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 1:39am On Sep 15, 2015
Tex42:
Any Anambrian playing partisan politics with issues that affects the state is definitely not progressive. Anambra state has to take her position(pioneers and front runners of anything good) in Nigeria. And we can't attain that height if we can't hold our leaders responsible(credit to Obiano, Peter...), and how do we do that if not by public outcry for what is right.

We have to start saying things the way they are in anambra politics, no matter who is in charger(relative, friend, mentor...). There is no point brandishing the truth as what I saw was a conspicuous hip of embarrassment(dirt) in the heart of Onitsha metropolis... Was a disgusting sight, an eye sore.

So bro, whether they brand u an alien or an astronaut from the moon, just keep it straight. Believe me when I say that there are people who still see good in hell bound evil. God bless!

God bless Anambra

God bless our Gov

God bless Us

Telling things they way they are is the way to go.

That is why i lose it sometimes when certain people will rather sing praises than give constructive criticism.
We owe constructive criticism to our leaders. I am not talking about those that have pathological hatred for anything once peter obi is mentioned. i am talking about normal people that will have the best interest of Anambra at heart, not always a political vendetta.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 8:31am On Sep 15, 2015
The cardinal objective of the APGA-led administration
to develop human and material resources in all
communities of the State is gradually being realized.
Oba, in Idemili South Local Government area, is not
left out, following the sitting of the Anambra
International market in the town, among other
projects.
Njideka Okoye, monitored the pace of work at the
market and said Oba and the entire Anambra state
will soon become the Dubai of Africa when this
project is completed, as people from within and
outside the country, will be visiting the market for
business transactions.
Work is in progress at the site and the market is now
wearing a new look, with partitions and access road
being provided.
It was observed that the market has a spacious
parking lot with over five thousand shops with
different sections.
The Anambra International market also has a police
post, health centre accommodation for commercial
banks and other facilities.
Some of the shops are already completed while
others are nearing completion.
When contacted, the Chairman, Idemili South Local
Government, and a native of Oba, Prince Henry
Ezenwa, noted that the market will bring a lot of
development to the town, as plans are under way for
commercial banks to commence work in the area.
Prince Ezenwa also stated that the State Government
has inaugurated the construction of Umuoji-Oba-
Akwu-Ukwu Road, which has a spur to the market.
He added that the market, which also has a fire
station, will be of international standard and
appreciated Governor Willie Obiano for his
commitment towards the actualization of his five
pillars of development.
The President-General of the town Union, Mr. Ifeatu
Uzowulu, commended the present administration for
its efforts to develop all sectors of the State
economy.
Another resource person from the community, Mr.
Uzodinma Okezue, noted that the Anambra
International market, when completed, will create
job opportunities for youth in the state, among other
benefits.

www.absradiotv.com/index.php/state/59-anambra-central/1703-oba-community-houses-new-anambra-international-market#.Vfee5e8yvB4.facebook

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IheabunikeChuks: 8:56am On Sep 15, 2015
BuddahMonk:

God bless him, thank God we didn't lose this to Lagos-Ogun axis grin grin grin grin grin

Our government need to be organising seminars and business summits for Anambra importers so that they will see the benefits of manufacturing.

If every year we have 5 importers opening different manufacturing outfits, before 5 years you won't know Anambra again.

Anambra State government need to open more industrial estates like Harbour, I know Ozubulu Industrial Estate but nothing much is happening there except the moribund FONTOP grin grin

grin grin grin

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:11am On Sep 15, 2015
adeitoro:

God bless alaIgbo.
You're right bro .
They produce wood and timber preservative called SOLIGNUM.

Asha80 I hope this answers your question.
BuddahMonk:

Anambra would have overtaken Abia as the home of indigenous manufacturing companies in Nigeria though I stand to be corrected.
But when you discover that 100% manufacturing activities going on in Nnewi is indigenous, 100% of manufacturing going on in Awka is indigenous then Obosi, Ogbunike, Umunya and Oba are all indigenous companies Onitsha too is almost 80% indigenous.
Forget people asking if multinational companies do exist in East, indigenous manufacturing are best ways to achieve greater economic impact directly on the locals.
Anambra have more indigenous industry than abia and anambra also have more industries than abia aside from brewing companies .
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by GerogeI(m): 9:17am On Sep 15, 2015
AnamCity:
Am sure the Commissioner of environment is on her toes. As at yesterday she worked till 9pm personally supervising evacuation of waste. Obiano promised to make Anambra the cleanest state in West Africa and he is working toward that. Mechanized road/street sweepers have equally been deployed to our major cities. Anambra on a steady rise.

It is good that Anambra is working on new site for waste disposal.
How ever am wondering about what happened to the old one?
Probably it was not properly planned, and there was no strategy for it to add value.

This brings me to my real intent, pointing out to who ever is in charge and the governor, the economic and sustainability trend in waste disposal.

1. Disposal of organic waste is now used for generation of land fill gas. Which in turn is used for power generation.
This is basically using anerobic bacteria to produce methane gas from organic waste, by daily covering of the deposited waste with soil to create an oxygen starved environment. The land fill site becomes a gas field maturing in 10 to 15 years period.
It bring economic benefits and jobs to communities located near land fill site.

2. A huge market currently exits for recycled plastic granules. While this is currently dominated by China, it is a no brainier as all that is needed is the sorting of plastic waste before burial of organic wastes at land fills, a futher stream wash system, and the use of a granulating melt extrusion system to make the waste plastic into granules for export. Recycled granules are used as a percentage of composition for most plastic products

A state like Anambra that is seeking industrialisation can not afford to just dump wastes at sites, without thinking about the economic and sustainability implications. Wastes are actually a huge amount of resources. Some power plants actually burn the worst mix of waste to generate electricity. Anambra should make a proper economically viable plan to handle waste.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:23am On Sep 15, 2015
tabletman1:
You're right bro .
They produce wood and timber preservative called SOLIGNUM.

Asha80 I hope this answers your question.Anambra have more indigenous industry than abia and anambra also have more industries than abia aside from brewing companies .
abia I think have mote craftsmen and artisans
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:31am On Sep 15, 2015
asha80:
abia I think have more craftsmen and artisans
Yes they have more craftsmen and artisan but when it comes to industries, they are fast losing because osisioma industrial layout is littered with closed companies .
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:35am On Sep 15, 2015
tabletman1:
Yes they have more craftsmen and artisan but when it comes to industries, they are fast losing because osisioma industrial layout is littered with closed companies .
cause- my guess light and bad rds
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 9:43am On Sep 15, 2015
Eteleson Group is actually as old as Nigeria. They recently marked their 50th anniversary in Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2015
Heard Ifeanyi Ubah is establishing a newspaper called The Authority.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 9:54am On Sep 15, 2015
I don't know the name of this Igwe the Eteleson Group paid homage at his palace in Anambra to mark their 50years of operation in Onitsha

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2015
The Church service to mark the occasion was held at the prestigious All Saints Catheral Onitsha

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2015
AnamCity:
Eteleson Group is actually as old as Nigeria. They recently marked their 50th anniversary in Onitsha

Nobi small company self, see white partners grin grin grin grin

Anambra erika, 50 fuccking years cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 10:17am On Sep 15, 2015
GerogeI:

It is good that Anambra is working on new site for waste disposal.
How ever am wondering about what happened to the old one?
Probably it was not properly planned, and there was no strategy for it to add value.

This brings me to my real intent, pointing out to who ever is in charge and the governor, the economic and sustainability trend in waste disposal.

1. Disposal of organic waste is now used for generation of land fill gas. Which in turn is used for power generation.
This is basically using anerobic bacteria to produce methane gas from organic waste, by daily covering of the deposited waste with soil to create an oxygen starved environment. The land fill site becomes a gas field maturing in 10 to 15 years period.
It bring economic benefits and jobs to communities located near land fill site.

2. A huge market currently exits for recycled plastic granules. While this is currently dominated by China, it is a no brainier as all that is needed is the sorting of plastic waste before burial of organic wastes at land fills, a futher stream wash system, and the use of a granulating melt extrusion system to make the waste plastic into granules for export. Recycled granules are used as a percentage of composition for most plastic products

A state like Anambra that is seeking industrialisation can not afford to just dump wastes at sites, without thinking about the economic and sustainability implications. Wastes are actually a huge amount of resources. Some power plants actually burn the worst mix of waste to generate electricity. Anambra should make a proper economically viable plan to handle waste.

Anambra this Anambra that government this government that then what are our universities and polytechnics doing

Nothing just collecting bribes and fuccking female students for grade points

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 10:17am On Sep 15, 2015
Eteleson @ 50

The GMD is just but a young man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7UdjvDQPyA

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2015
DikeOha882:
Heard Ifeanyi Ubah is establishing a newspaper called The Authority.
why newspaper? Why not TV? ndigbo we need TV that will shit on channels TV

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Tex42(m): 11:51am On Sep 15, 2015
OreMI22:

Telling things they way they are is the way to go.

That is why i lose it sometimes when certain people will rather sing praises than give constructive criticism.
We owe constructive criticism to our leaders. I am not talking about those that have pathological hatred for anything once peter obi is mentioned. i am talking about normal people that will have the best interest of Anambra at heart, not always a political vendetta.
Seriously bro...I see no reason why the majority of us indulge in partisanship. All these name calling and praise singing, what are they for?... What we should be concerned about is our common target ;having the Anambra of our dreams.

Truly, what we owe our leaders is constructive criticism. Peter has set a standard, Obiano needs to break the record and set his own standard, and the trend continues. Any successor who performs below per or below his predecessor is calling the criticism on himself, simple.

God bless Anambra

God bless Anambrians

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
AnamCity:
I don't know the name of this Igwe the Eteleson Group paid homage at his palace in Anambra to mark their 50years of operation in Onitsha
Igwe ogbunike

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
AnamCity:
Damn, what a beautiful palace...

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
Tv will cost more money to set up
patrick89:

why newspaper? Why not TV? ndigbo we need TV that will shit on channels TV
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IheabunikeChuks: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

Nobi small company self, see white partners grin grin grin grin

Anambra erika, 50 fuccking years cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

cool cool cool cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
The development going on in Anambra state is massive I went to Nkwere last Sunday it seems 33, Nkwere is developing more than Awka, there are many estates around there even the one built by state government, the road from express to Trans Nkisi need to be dualized, I also went to oil and agriculture rich town Anam, God really blessed Anambra state, the town is so beautiful good roads, standard bridges, good structures I was told that the roads and bridges were built by former governor Peter Obi, RCC and Sentraco were the contractors that handled the projects, I will post the pictures when I'm through with my exploration, it really fun to tour round Anambra for you to understand how great the state is, please I want to use this opportunity to beg those close to state government, Nkwere road down to express need dual carriageway, Unizik temp site down to Okpuno need dual carriageway, ifite road need government attention, I really appreciate great works Willie's administration is doing in all sectors, from health, eduction, roads, transport, agriculture, commerce and industry, security, oil and gas etc. God bless Anambra state and Igbo nation.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

Anambra this Anambra that government this government that then what are our universities and polytechnics doing

Nothing just collecting bribes and fuccking female students for grade points
Pls mind your language

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.