Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,121 members, 7,842,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1232880 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
The Resort will be the best and finest relaxation spot in the SE when completed. The full beauty will come out when the large hectares of land upon which it's sited are completely landscaped with motorway, lawn/flowering.

tabletman1:
How will I get to the resort from Ezi-agulu junction? And do u also mean to tell me that the resort looks different from the pix? I am judging from the prototype of the building and its not quiet amazing.
I like only the raddison blu hotel and conference center and Lg ainds hotel that's why I have been asking of pix from the ongoing hotel at awka.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
This alone is capable of turning Nnewi into a melting point for international auto showcase and the accompanying massive jobs it will create for our young graduates.

To assist vehicle manufacturers in the country in sourcing local raw materials, the minister (Aganga) disclosed that the Federal Government had concluded arrangements to set up three auto components manufacturing firms in Abuja, Lagos and Nnewi, saying that of Nnewi was specifically considered because of IVM’s presence in the industrial town from where other parts of the country, particularly the South-East would be served. He said the auto component manufacturers in the zones would almost produce all the 2,000 parts used in cars."

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
oneeast:
This alone is capable of turning Nnewi into a melting point for international auto showcase and the accompanying massive jobs it will create for our young graduates.

Nnewi as a car manufacturing hub would have it live up to its name, the Japan of Africa. Right now the name seems like a prayer, an aspiration that I hope becomes a reality.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
The showcasing of IVM Fox and IVM UMU at the IVM plant at Nnewi.. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
This is what the back looks like.. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 6:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
oneeast:
Siting of Raddison Blu and Shoprite there is part of the smartcity they are developing to stretch to GRA phase 2 even up to Akpaka forest reserve where they want to develop luxury apartments.

Peter Obi did well by siting that shoprite at that location.
The location is between the high class(gra,akpaka forest & 3-3) area and middle class(inland town, odoakpu) area.

The good thing about the shoprite is that Onitsha is fast adapting to posh life and night life.
I called my friend last two week sunday by 11pm and was confused when i heard loud music on blasting from the background, I asked him where he was and he told me he is at fish farm omagba phase2. He told me that people where still coming by the time they left there around after 11pm.

This pix was posted by Oga frank, the bush bar is located at Omagba phase 2 just by the express way that leads to nkpor flyover and it's also a happening place...

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
Children are not left-out on the revolution going on in Anambra-State..... Children Carnival Happening at Ekwusigo L.G.A Secretariat,Ozubulu

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
Anambra on the move. The MPs are making sure that the high steam of development and advancement in Anambra is not distracted. No time to waste.

Anambra Lawmakers Pass 2015 Appropriation Bill Into Law
NAN
— Dec 10, 2014 | Leave a comment
The Anambra State House of Assembly has passed into law, the 2015 Appropriation Bill of over N164 billion, subject to amendment made in some sectoral allocations.

The Chairman of Finance and Appropriation Committee, Miss Nikky Ugochukwu, presented its report in Awka on Wednesday during its plenary session.

The chairman explained that after a thorough examination of the provisions in the budget, the estimated overhead cost was reduced from N282 million to N82 million.

According to her, the overhead cost of the office of the Secretary to the State Government was slashed from N855 million to N755 million.

That of the Executive Governor’s Office was increased from N16.77 billion to N17.74 billion.

The financial estimate for Anambra State Lands Information Management System was also changed from N100 million to N30 million while the financial provision for completion/expansion of the ministry’s headquarters building was hiked from N30 million to N100 million.

Ugochukwu said that the committee swung into action and issued a time table for bilateral budget discussion between the House Standing Committee and various ministries, departments and agencies.

She said that the report was based on the budget defence and hearing which were concluded and after thorough examination of the provisions in the budget, decisions was reached

In her speech, the Speaker of Anambra State House of Assembly, Mrs Chinwe Nwaebili, thanked the members for having worked assiduously towards the passage of the budget so early as to enable the governor to implement them for the betterment of the state

Nwaebili said that the legislative arm had done its bit and encouraged the government to ensure later implementation of the budget to give a sense of new direction to the people.

“ The governor will have no reason not to give quality service to `Ndi Anambra’ as we have given him the tool with which to change lives in the state,” she said.

She said that efforts must be made to ensure the implementation of the budget.

Also contributing, the member representing Orumba North (APGA), Mr Romanus Obi, described the bill as the fastest in terms of its passage and observed the positive impact it would have in the overall development of the state.

Mr Ebele Ejiofor (APGA Anaocha1) said that the legislators decided to spare their time in spite of the political process going on in the state, to discharge this responsibility and maintain the current developments.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)reports that the budget was passed with the majority of the ruling party members as the APC and PDP members were absent due to their involvement in political activities of their parties

Gov. Willie Obiano presented the bill to the legislature on Nov. 24 and the lawmakers assured him of speedy passage. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/business/394208/anambra-lawmakers-pass-2015-appropriation-bill-law

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
The 3 Shoprite malls in Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi will compete amongst themselves. I heard that the one in Awka will have Cineplex and games/amusement inclusive. Its Cineplex is likely to be powered by Genesis Deluxe an Ozubulu born big boy..

tabletman1:
Peter Obi did well by siting that shoprite at that location.
The location is between the high class(gra,akpaka forest & 3-3) area and middle class(inland town, odoakpu) area.

The good thing about the shoprite is that Onitsha is fast adapting to posh life and night life.
I called my friend last two week sunday by 11pm and was confused when i heard loud music on blasting from the background, I asked him where he was and he told me he is at fish farm omagba phase2. He told me that people where still coming by the time they left there around after 11pm.

This pix was posted by Oga frank, the bush bar is located at Omagba phase 2 just by the express way that leads to nkpor flyover and it's also a happening place...
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2014
Anambra obodo oyibo.. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 8:53am On Dec 11, 2014
Obiano is maintaining constant inspection of ongoing projects particularly the Awka flyovers/tunnels and overall infrastructural development to be sure of quality of work. Awka the emerging Dubai of Nigeria.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 8:58am On Dec 11, 2014
All the streets and roads are being light up in Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi. Developing all cities, towns, communities and sectors simultenously is what marks us out as Anambrans- the light of the entire black nations.. cool

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2014
Guy,keep it coming.....Greenwood village needs coverage.
Daalu,nwanne.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:05am On Dec 11, 2014
Trust me its a promise..

OdenigboAroli:
Guy,keep it coming.....Greenwood village needs coverage.
Daalu,nwanne.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:07am On Dec 11, 2014
Schematics:
Trust me its a promise..

I am counting on you.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:22am On Dec 11, 2014
The Wild Geese is a movie set in a fictional African state rocked by that familiar post – colonial power crisis no less fuelled by foreign economic interests. There is a plot to rescue from detention this political leader who has lost out in the power game, using a band of mercenary fighters. But the recruitment for the operation is taking place in America. And this unkempt Negro with bushy hair steps forward for consideration by the selection panel. When every other qualification seems okay, the skinny – looking black militant is cautioned: ‘This mission is in Africa. Are you prepared to go to Africa?’ And his ringing acceptance: ‘I would go anywhere except Switzerland. The neatness scares the s- -t out of me!’ And surely the image of a sparkling environment fills up in your mind’s eye.

Now, have you been to Onitsha lately? To be sure, Onitsha is not about to transform to the stately status of Switzerland but the controversial city is undergoing changes. You cannot but notice the conscious efforts to clean it up, jettisoning the garbage that has over the years soiled its image. Along with other major cities of Anambra State, Onitsha is presently benefitting from the resolve of the Anambra State Government headed by Chief Willie Obiano to upgrade the state’s urban centres. This renewal programme has since kicked off with a reinforced refuse disposal strategy. ANSEPA, the state’s environmental management authority is being supported to operate more effectively and Onitsha is better off for it. The eyesore dumps and filth – filled drains are gradually giving way to litter – free streets, opening the way for the realization of a friendlier and healthier environment.
On the roads, junks, disused and abandoned vehicles are being taken away.
It is not just a deliberate attempt to decongest the streets of the commercial city. There is also a push to restore order and standards. Vehicle Inspection Officers are back on the traffic beat and enforcing compliance with vehicle safety measures. Correspondingly, road markings have reappeared, reintroducing traffic and parking lanes. You cannot be in doubt that a programme is underway to do things in an organized fashion and reclaim for the city its lost respectability.
Then, witness the charm of the new Onitsha. An ambitious beautification project is injecting freshness, vigour, colour and radiance into the city landscape. Open spaces, parks and gardens are being tended with greater purpose. Yes, it is dry season, even prelude to the harmattan but nourished from regular watering, plants and flowers bloom, bespeaking regeneration. And overhead, especially in the late evening, the skies come up in a festival of lights. The artery of colourful street lights and decorations not only roll back the cover of the underworld and the shadows of primitive existence, they equally dazzle. It is the saying of our fathers that when the moon radiates its glow, the cripple get hungry for a walk. Who knows? This might prove a spur for the resurgence of the long – dead night life in the city.
We may differ on the merits of the kindergarten line that a thing of beauty is a thing of joy forever but there can be no disputing that it takes a great mind to embrace beauty. Art, whether fine or applied, is a journey into wholesomeness; into deeper levels of existence; a search for meaning and order. Beauty is about creativity and art worth its name must engage; must be beautiful. Art seeks to elevate the planks of discourse.
What kind of man would be interested in organizing society along the rewarding lines of order and aesthetics? Art, we are told is personality writ large. The themes an Achebe or Soyinka canvasses in his works are enough to suggest the kind of mind behind them even without physically meeting the personalities. I suppose that governance too can also be personality writ large. A leader’s vision, his welfare policies and the approach to his mission, indicate the stuff he is made of.
Any society that has no standards will sooner come to naught. A great leader strives to attain existing and set new standards. Chief Willie Obiano should be applauded for his commitment to raise Anambra to global standards.
Source:
Ifeanyi Afuba

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:33am On Dec 11, 2014
You can only but imagine what the great Omanbala will look like in say four years time.

Omanbala arise,shine and illuminate the continent of Africa....Its your destiny!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 9:41am On Dec 11, 2014
Anamabra Akwurugo! Obiano have suprised many people he is like the best in the east look at what he can do in 8 months only ihe eji abu Anambra Erika Nwanne cool

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:57am On Dec 11, 2014
Anaedo,call me Joseph the dreamer and you wont be wrong.
I dreamt about this transformation right from when Obi was campaigning for his first tenure. I saw it coming and finally its here! Onu Odenigbo bu onu nmuo!
I prayed for my state and had faith. This is just the beginning ,the awakening of the great Omanbala. We are special and ndi anya ufu ya akwu udo!
Omanbala akwulubago!
Akpokuedike,obodo afu na anya.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kingsley1000(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2014
We're the pace-setter...Even my villa has many internal roads that can match up with some western and northern state capitals...any info about the ongoing airport project,have they commenced work there?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:05am On Dec 11, 2014
Kingsley1000:
We're the pace-setter...Even my villa has many internal roads that can match up with some western and northern state capitals...any info about the ongoing airport project,have they commenced work there?

I presume you are from Umuleri oke ebo.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:09am On Dec 11, 2014
Former Governor of Cross River Donald Duke on a courtesy visit to Dr Obiano in Awka. We must continue to shine for the world to see.. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 11, 2014
[size=28pt]am in Awka now opposite Aroma Junction, i entered Awka last night to be sincere development of Awka is under reported[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2014
Schematics:
All the streets and roads are being light up in Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi. Developing all cities, towns, communities and sectors is what marks us out as Anambrans- the light of the entire black nations..cheesy
Hahahahaha... Zik's avenue now have orange color street light instead of that white color street light that invites mosquito and electric ant.

Good to know that Obiano stylishly acknowledge some peter's project deserve to be scrapped to pave way for new tight and beautiful ones.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by RareDiamond: 11:18am On Dec 11, 2014
This is unbelievable !!! Good job

Schematics:
All the streets and roads are being light up in Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi. Developing all cities, towns, communities and sectors is what marks us out as Anambrans- the light of the entire black nations..cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2014
BuddahMonk:
[size=28pt]am in Awka now opposite Aroma Junction, i entered Awka last night to be sincere development of Awka is under reported[/size]
Exactly i was surprise myself when I came back last week and Chino didn't cover it, he was busy attcking our detractors instead to shame them with pictures, and please Chino can you drop Dubai and leading the pack you are using, let focus on our development. Thanks!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkiebully: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2014
BuddahMonk:

Nwanne please do the needful. picture picture picture!

If u can enter unizik, i want to see some level of development there.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
I dreamt about this transformation right from when Obi was campaigning for his first tenure. I saw it coming and finally its here! Onu Odenigbo bu onu nmuo!
I prayed for my state and had faith. This is just the beginning ,the awakening of the great Omanbala. We are special and ndi anya ufu ya akwu udo!
Omanbala akwulubago!
Look at this idiotic obi sycophant that was very sore when his master obi dropped oseloka obaze. fool

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
Omanbala akwulubago!
Nwanne you saw the future cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
This road takes you direct to Agulu Lake Resort. Street-lighting and road marking/painting are all ongoing..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
FreeGlobe:

Look at this idiotic obi sycophant that was very sore when his master obi dropped oseloka obaze. fool

In Oshomole's voice....GO AND DIE!
Obi didn't drop Obaze,rather he was disqualified because he didnt have voters card. He,Oseloka admitted so and bowed out like a perfect gentleman. The same Olisaeloka Obaze is the SSG to Obiano. You see,men like Obi,Obaze and Obiano are civilized gentlemen who put the future of Anambra ahead of their personal interest.
You should be ashamed of yourself because your expectation to see Obiano fighting Obi has failed. When Obiano won the primaries there is no single ugly word you didnt call him and Obi...fraud,puppet,criminal,thief,adaobi were some of the words you called these men but the same Ngige a..ss licking loser is here worshipping Obiano like a god. You are a colosal failure and you will remain so.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
That road is top notch...I like what I am seeing.
And the vegetation is breathtaking.
Continuity is the keyword.
Omanbala adi njo!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.