Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) (1171 Views)

Love Question / LOVE-DOCTOR: Ask Me Any Relationship Or Love Question / What is Love? (question for the men) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by onome710(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
By Richard Eromosele (Vanguard, Wednesday, Oct 1st, 2014) pg 41

The truth is that there are many questions and issues sorrounding love. For example, what is the attraction for a beautiful woman with sight marrying a blind ugly man? Why will a highly educated woman marry an illetrate man? What would prompt a woman boss in an office to marry her driver? What would have informed a professor coming down from his olympian height to marry his house girl? Why will the daughter of a millionaire marry a pauper? Why will a lady lawyer marry a taxi driver? Why will the king descend low to marry the daughter of a poor man? Why?
Is love blind? Really, love trascends every boundary and breaks every barrier. It knows not the rich, the poor, the educated or the illiterate.

What do you think?
Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by Tallesty1(m): 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blind?

Love isn't blind, it is a decision.

You will enjoy your partner if you make a wise decision.

You will suffer heart-breaks and disappointments if you make a foolish one.

Me, I don't need love.

Gimme 60% Friendship and 40% Lust and we will last forever.grin
Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by datguru: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Love is like a wind, you can't see it but you can feel it . Mere looking at these set of people you have mentioned, you see no reason why their parts should cross not to talk of falling in love. Love has power unknown to men

1 Like

Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by MizMyColi(f): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
Tallesty1: Blind?

Love isn't blind, it is a decision.

You will enjoy your partner if you make a wise decision.

You will suffer heart-breaks and disappointments if you make a foolish one.

Me, I don't need love.

Gimme 60% Friendship and 40% Lust and we will last forever.grin

Hmmmm
This is a new perspective.

In other words, you're saying, gimmee 60%Love and 40%Lust and we'll lipsrsealed
Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by Tallesty1(m): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
MizMyColi:

Hmmmm
This is a new perspective.

In other words, you're saying, gimmee 60%Love and 40%Lust and we'll lipsrsealed
It is not new my dear.

Read my thread "The Marriage That I Want"

@Emboldened, In a way because the friendship cannot last without love but that love is different. It is not the type that our generation knows/wantscheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by ibnjarir93(m): 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
Relationship with a person placed in lower social strata or financially disadvantaged than you doesn't imply that 'love is blind.' What makes it blind is when a person sees 'artificial' deficiencies in the opposite sex and still defend him against public criticism or sticks by them. An acquintance of mine, who is divorced, recently discovered that her boyfriend and new found love lied to her about the identity of his parent in order not to marry her but disappear when he is 'done' with her. She only had a squabble with him, collected her car key, and later apologised to him. In fact, she even confided in me that that squabble made her love him the more. How on earth can you explain this? Simply put: love is blind.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by ibnjarir93(m): 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
Relationship with a person placed in lower social strata or financially disadvantaged than you doesn't imply that 'love is blind.' What makes it blind is when a person sees 'artificial' deficiencies in the opposite sex and still defend him against public criticism or sticks by them. An acquintance of mine, who is divorced, recently discovered that her boyfriend and new found love lied to her about the identity of his parent in order not to marry her but disappear when he is 'done' with her. She only had a squabble with him, collected her car key, and later apologised to him. In fact, she even confided in me that that squabble made her love him the more. How on earth can one explain this? Simply put: love is blind.
Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by MrCork: 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
onome710: By Richard Eromosele (Vanguard, Wednesday, Oct 1st, 2014) pg 41

The truth is that there are many questions and issues sorrounding love. For example, what is the attraction for a beautiful woman with sight marrying a blind ugly man? Why will a highly educated woman marry an illetrate man? What would prompt a woman boss in an office to marry her driver? What would have informed a professor coming down from his olympian height to marry his house girl? Why will the daughter of a millionaire marry a pauper? Why will a lady lawyer marry a taxi driver? Why will the king descend low to marry the daughter of a poor man? Why?
Is love blind? Really, love trascends every boundary and breaks every barrier. It knows not the rich, the poor, the educated or the illiterate.

What do you think?

angry

1 Like

Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by MrCork: 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
onome710: By Richard Eromosele (Vanguard, Wednesday, Oct 1st, 2014) pg 41

What do you think?

...bro...no offense to yor picture profile but j wear tight shirt like. 5 years old and then u talk about marryn taxi driver?.....seriously...how r we expected to take yor thread seriously? (no offense ) angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by onome710(m): 7:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
@ Tallesty1 : I agree that love is a decision, but I disagree on your formular for a relationship.
Come to think of with what blinds us to certain 'faults' in people and still make us love them? In as much as love is a decision it blinds us to the 'wrongs'...

@ datguru : You are very correct.

@ MzMycoli : Lol. I guess u'll agree with me that love and lust can't cohabit!

@ ibnjarir93 : hmmmm... That's a serious one.

@ MrCock : I don't understand what my picture or my shirt has to do with the topic. Besides I can't make any sense of what you said. Your words seem uncoordinated. #noDisrespect

@all : Thanks for commenting...
Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by Tallesty1(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
onome710: @ Tallesty1 : I agree that love is a decision, but I disagree on your formular for a relationship.
Come to think of with what blinds us to certain 'faults' in people and still make us love them? In as much as love is a decision it blinds us to the 'wrongs'...
Blind to their faults? Maybe I'm different because I knew all the bad sides (faults) of my gf when we were dating but I ignored them because the good side of her outshined the bad side.

onome710: @ MzMycoli : Lol. I guess u'll agree with me that love and lust can't cohabit!
Bros you see eehhh

no matter how much you love somebody.

Your sex life will be very boring if you don't lust after 'em
Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by onome710(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
Someone asked this questions. Maybe they will help in answering!
Is Love Blind? by AdeniyiA 9:59pm On Jul 22

Oftentimes you hear people say love is blind. i ask, is love blind? what constitute a blind love? should love be blind? what if i truly love but am not blinded by it?
Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by mesoade(m): 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Love isn't blind,atleast not in Nigeria. . .

Bros abeg bone o,love dey c road e don tey

mad person sef no go mad so tey run into trailer make e kill am,not to tok of love . .

Only true love is blind,the one jesus had for us,he died for our sins

1 Like

Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by onome710(m): 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Tallesty1: Blind to their faults? Maybe I'm different because I knew all the bad sides (faults) of my gf when we were dating but I ignored them because the good side of her outshined the bad side.

Bros you see eehhh

no matter how much you love somebody.

Your sex life will be very boring if you don't lust after 'em

1. Let's say ur love (for her good side) blinded u to the faults (her bad side) I'm sure there are people who may not cope with one of such 'bad sides'

2. I thought se.x was 'making love' and not 'lust'? Lust doesn't last, love is for all time!
Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by Tallesty1(m): 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
onome710:

1. Let's say ur love (for her good side) blinded u to the faults (her bad side) I'm sure there are people who may not cope with one of such 'bad sides'
I wasn't blind to them, they were clear like print but Ignored them because i can handle them(Decision).

onome710: 2. I thought se.x was 'making love' and not 'lust'? Lust doesn't last, love is for all time!
Hahahahaha............ Love is a changeable emotion bro. It doesn't last forever.

Calling se;x "love making" is a lie invented by Satan to sugar-coat fornication, adultery, etc so that people will rush into it............gringringringrin

Love is a feeling, You don't make it............

You show it.............

Lust is very important in every marriage.
Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by mesoade(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Tallesty1: I wasn't blind to them, they were clear like print but Ignored them because i can handle them(Decision).

Hahahahaha............ Love is a changeable emotion bro. It doesn't last forever.

Calling se;x "love making" is a lie invented by Satan to sugar-coat fornication, adultery, etc so that people will rush into it............gringringringrin

Love is a feeling, You don't make it............

You show it.............

Lust is very important in every marriage.
you're damn right bro,love-making is just a euphemistic word for fornication
Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by onome710(m): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
Re: Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question) by onome710(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
Is love blind

(1) (Reply)

Top 6 Reasons Why Women Cheat [read & Learn] / Your Thoughts On Girls/Ladies That Drinks Alcohol? / Can You Marry A Previously Mad Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.