Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] (8700 Views)

Rose Mensah Divorces Husband 4 Days After Wedding (see Why) / Popular Dancer, Kaffy’s Bleaching Is Becoming Quite Obvious [PICS] / So Sad! Popular Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo Dies During Child Birth....see Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Osama10(m): 10:02am On Oct 03, 2014
This is the norm in Nigeria but it is so sad.

The doctors complain of helping people without deposit but at the end of the operation the patients always refuse to pay up or run away.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by adorable29(f): 10:08am On Oct 03, 2014
Gboliwe: Until the name of this hospital/clinic is named and the doctor shamed, this kind of stories will continue to be told.

What a sad story. I have never heard of the deceased until now but I already feel so much pain and anger in my spirit.
That doctor's certificate should be withdrawn.

Again, why go to a hospital that charges that much when there are other good hospitals that charges so much less?

May her soul rest in peace

How did you get in my head? My exact same thoughts.

Just 300k. This beautiful woman is gone.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by priscaoge(f): 10:08am On Oct 03, 2014
Those things we see in d movies! How heartless can people be undecided I thought they are meant to save life? Why demand for money 1st? He may be one of those that criticize and curse politicians for corruption while he is mentally and physically corrupt angry angry. The wicked shall never go unpunished. The agony and pains that pregnant woman passed through before She died will hunt him.

One reason y our celebrities go abroad to have their babies. This sad stories is too much in this country.

May God save us in this country.

May God grant your soul eternal rest!

1 Like

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 03, 2014
pheyikemi: The cost for a C/S is not as expensive as that in a public hospital, dunno why she opted for a private hosp. I guess the govts shd emulate ondo state govt by creating a free mother and child care, where the govt pays for d preg woman and her child, therby reducing mortality rate. To be realistic now, patients who run away w/out paying their bills made most doctors shut their eyes of mercy.
Criously speaking wanted to say same but dunno how it'll sound, I think d family shuld bear part f d blame, wen my sis was heavy nd we went to various*big* hospitals we firstly asked for d price of giving birth nd cs, I bliv she shudnt have been taken dere if dey knew d cash wasn't available just wasted a life. Nawa o, to anextent u can't blame d doc cos if he doesn't collect money first how would dier hospital run, prolly his tots. Anyway may her soul RIP. Such a fine woman
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by adorable29(f): 10:17am On Oct 03, 2014
thorpido: The case should be investigated and the truth behind it should be brought out.

Almost everyone above me is blaming doctors and while I'm not trying to hold forth for the hospital/doctors in this case,there are different hospitals you can visit for treatment and the costs of services are not the same.She could have chosen to go to a public hospital where prices are much cheaper and she could even get waivers.
Private hospitals cost money to run.You have to generate your own electricity and pay staff salaries.A gynae earns about N600k a month.It's not cheap to run a private hospital and you have to demand money before service to keep your hospital running.

From experience,people do not like paying money in hospital.Many leave with debts and don't come back.You have to keep chasing them around.The best private hospitals can do is just be strict with money.

I'm sure they gave her the option of moving elsewhere and would even have referred her.I don't know in this case,just speaking generally.

There are different scenerios. This particular case was a matter of LIFE AND DEATH. AN EMERGENCY!!!! Every second mattered. And for what? 300k advance payment? Seriously?! I can't even deal right now.

They could have refused to discharge her till the family pays up... She seem like someone that could have been able to rally around to pay that money in exchange for her life.

But why go to such expensive hospital when you know you can't afford it sef?
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by thorpido(m): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2014
adorable29:

There are different scenerios. This particular case was a matter of LIFE AND DEATH. AN EMERGENCY!!!! Every second mattered. And for what? 300k advance payment? Seriously?! I can't even deal right now.

Worse they hold her down till the family pays up...
You can't say.It's just the story you read here and it was probably the husband's account.That is why i said it should be further investigated.

I have been working with various private hospitals and I will say it will be crazy to leave a dying pregnant woman alone just because you want to see the money first.Labour is in stages and it won't usually happen in just one hour.By the time you decide a case is a C/S case,there is still enough time to transfer the patient if need be.People are usually given options.No hospital I have worked with will leave a woman to just die while insisting on collecting money first.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by priscaoge(f): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2014
rozzay:
Criously speaking wanted to say same but dunno how it'll sound, I think d family shuld bear part f d blame, wen my sis was heavy nd we went to various*big* hospitals we firstly asked for d price of giving birth nd cs, I bliv she shudnt have been taken dere if dey knew d cash wasn't available just wasted a life. Nawa o, to anextent u can't blame d doc cos if he doesn't collect money first how would dier hospital run, prolly his tots. Anyway may her soul RIP. Such a fine woman

My dear they would have saved life 1st and after that,keep them in d hospital till they complete their payment! Let the husband sign undertaken about payment which may be used against them when they refuse to pay. If we want Nigeria to move forward, then it have to Start within us. This can only happen in Nigeria. Oyibo people value life more than anything, but here it's the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by rattlesnake(m): 10:27am On Oct 03, 2014
EsanEmmanuel: are u sure ur brain is intact?? Yhu are a disgrace to human race.
u are very stupit electronic-eediot
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2014
priscaoge:

My dear they would have saved life 1st and after that,keep them in d hospital till they complete their payment! Let the husband sign undertaken about payment which may be used against them when they refuse to pay. If we want Nigeria to move forward, then it have to Start within us. This can only happen in Nigeria. Oyibo people value life more than anything, but here it's the other way round.
My sis I guess u r right na only me nd u know dat o, naija doctors don't d reason I refused to study medicine, most doctors esp nurses sowy to say r very wicked, harsh etc to go hospital dey tire me

1 Like

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by priscaoge(f): 10:41am On Oct 03, 2014
rozzay:
My sis I guess u r right na only me nd u know dat o, naija doctors don't d reason I refused to study medicine, most doctors esp nurses sowy to say r very wicked, harsh etc to go hospital dey tire me

I agree with u on that Nurse ish! Those set of people are mean,wicked n harsh. I have witnessed several occasions where they treat pregnant women like they are animals angry angry
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by thorpido(m): 10:47am On Oct 03, 2014
rozzay:
It's a wrong impression if you say most.Some,like in every sphere of life.
Most are compassionate.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2014
priscaoge:

I agree with u on that Nurse ish! Those set of people are mean,wicked n harsh. I have witnessed several occasions where they treat pregnant women like they are animals angry angry
I have too o my dear

1 Like

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Dayjhihannon01(m): 10:52am On Oct 03, 2014
mimikool: Popular dancer, Kemi Omotoyinbo, who has performed with Pasuma and KWAM 1 among others, reportedly died in a Lagos hospital on October 1 during childbirth

[img]http://1.bp..com/-owqql2z4wjc/VC24wu_SFkI/AAAAAAADofU/r0usbJEUyY8/s640/a1f11__kemipaso.jpg[/img]

Popular dancer and upcoming actress, Kemi Omotoyinbo is dead.
Kemi, who has performed with the likes of Pasuma, KWAM 1 and Shina Peters, reportedly passed away yesterday, October 1, in a Lagos hospital due to complications connected with her pregnancy.
The dancer was reportedly admitted to the clinic after she went into labour but unfortunately she couldn’t have the child naturally and a Caesarean Section was recommended.

However, the hospital demanded a total fee of 450,000 and an initial deposit of 300,000 which Kemi’s husband, Godwin Eloanyi couldn’t raise.
Reports have it that despite several pleas to the doctor in charge, he refused to carry out the procedure.
Kemi eventually passed away that night, 20 days after her September 13 wedding.
A friend of hers reportedly said:
"The hospital killed her with their negligence and wickedness. Kemi would have lived if they had done the operation on time but money was more important than a young woman's life.
"Kemi's husband said he would pay the money the next day but the doctor refused and stated categorically that he would not move an inch else he pays 300,000. It was at that point Kemi decided to forward messages to people she knows so she could get help. She got responses that money would be made available to her the next day.
On hearing that the husband went to beg the doctors again, still they refused. My point is, the doctors knew she had to go through emergency C&S. they could have saved her life and get the money later. Nigeria is a very bad country I must confess."
May her soul rest in peace.
click here for more

Jeeeeeeesu... Howz it so convenient to looked on a dying being.. All in d name of $.. shocked.. Dat man shud b prosecuted..
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 03, 2014
thorpido: It's a wrong impression if you say most.
My dear, almost all d ones I've seen o, one time I had tooth ache I went to a clinic , the tootn was killing me I just nided it out as I reach dere my money short like 1k dem no gree, saying I shuld come bak wen it was complete knowing dat I cudnt make it bak dat day cos f d distance even d pains f jumping bus with dat pain nd going bak home to sleep with it. Which I eventually did. So its wat I saw na em I dey talk dat nd oda experiences which I can't start saying
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by s3nn2x(m): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2014
Name of the hospital and doctor or I don't believe it.

I wonder why media houses don't mention names. It is so annoying. Are they trying to protect the image of the hospital or doctor?
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by thorpido(m): 11:04am On Oct 03, 2014
rozzay:
My dear, almost all d ones I've seen o, one time I had tooth ache I went to a clinic , the tootn was killing me I just nided it out as I reach dere my money short like 1k dem no gree, saying I shuld come bak wen it was complete knowing dat I cudnt make it bak dat day cos f d distance even d pains f jumping bus with dat pain nd going bak home to sleep with it. Which I eventually did. So its wat I saw na em I dey talk dat nd oda experiences which I can't start saying
Okay,this was one bad experience but it still can't fall into the category of most.I'm sure you can't buy a UTME form if you are N1k short.They won't sell to you.The private hospital setting should not be any different.
The public hospital system is different.The government has made some services free and others subsidised.You could even get waivers on some treatments.People should just know the difference and where to go.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by eamodu(m): 11:05am On Oct 03, 2014
God bless me o,DT huge some just 4 childbirth?its well.Rest in peace to the dead, DT doctor should be arrested and pescuted for his actions.Saving lives was the reason for taking the hippocratic Oath and not helping in taking them.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by egopersonified(f): 11:10am On Oct 03, 2014
It is always advisable to give birth where you attended ante-natal classes, that way you have details of what you are up against when it is time to deliver the baby. Once you present your card, they take you straight to the labour room without even asking for money in some cases. Some hospitals even ask you to buy pints of blood before the d-day for unforeseen complications that might arise. I just feel sorry for the husband for losing a wife and child and I think this might haunt him for life. Imagine losing two loved ones because of just 300k.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Gboliwe: 11:12am On Oct 03, 2014
adorable29:

How did you get in my head? My exact same thoughts.

Just 300k. This beautiful woman is gone.

You must be great because they say "great minds think alike" cheesy grin

Have a beautiful weekend and a pleasant sallah celebration.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by thorpido(m): 11:19am On Oct 03, 2014
egopersonified: It is always advisable to give birth where you attended ante-natal classes, that way you have details of what you are up against when it is time to deliver the baby. Once you present your card, they take you straight to the labour room without even asking for money in some cases. Some hospitals even ask you to buy pints of blood before the d-day for unforeseen complications that might arise. I just feel sorry for the husband for losing a wife and child and I think this might haunt him for life. Imagine losing two loved ones because of just 300k.
This is more like it.You are very unlikely to have issues this way.You have an idea ahead what you are up against when it is time and what the fees are.
A patient can't just present in a private hospital as an unbooked case for C/S and not expect a huge sum deposit.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nigerians, always blaming the poor doctors while they should blame their government . See the health system in government hospital s. now these doctors with their own money decide to fund their business with 24hrs burning of diesel yet you want them to do philanthropy work.

Shame on you the Nigeria constituents. Shame on you evil and corrupt leaders . Your days are numbered.

This shouldn't have been the Case if the government hospitals are in better services and affordable to its citizens.

Rip poor lady .

In this day and age people still die from child birth. God forbid bad thing .
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
thorpido: This is more like it.You are very unlikely to have issues this way.You have an idea ahead what you are up against when it is time and what the fees are.
A patient can't just present in a private hospital as an unbooked case for C/S and not expect a huge sum deposit.

Don't mind them, they think these private hospitals pluck their money from the trees. Before you start cussing them, if you can't afford it, go to your local government hospital and hold them responsible. Oh I forgot, y'all sold yourself out by taking the bribe of half bag of rice to vote in corrupt leaders . Mtswwee
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by EventHUB(f): 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
olaxco2f post=/post/26821616:
@OP Where's the pinshur now? undecided undecided

Were you born in a barn?
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by EventHUB(f): 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
olaxco2f post=/post/26821616:
@OP Where's the pinshur now? undecided undecided

Were you born in a barn?
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
So sad. some doctors re just wicked.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by mekeem: 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hmm so pathetic. sad. I hope the doctor is happy now...or has he forgotten that what goes around must surely come around.
RIP dear Kemi.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
The devil resides in the home of some Nigerian doctors
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by sweetgala(m): 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
aanumama: Most doctors in this country are terrible, it's like they learn wickedness while in training!
He killed her and should be held responsible.
450k is even a large sum to charge for CS, They should make him eat her corpse, if karma starts now, people won't know what atrocity the bastard has committed.
RIP to the dead.

While we can all sit here and accuse them of wickedness, I have spoken to doctor friends who have worked in Lagos A&E wards and can confirm it is upon order from management.
If an operation is carries out before payment and the patient does not then pay on time the cost of the surgery is deducted from the young doctor's meager salary. Now his family are going to have a rough month.

My doctor friend has told me how an accident victim who was a 1st rank Yoruba Oba nephew died because of internal bleeding, when a simple OP would have saved his life. It was only later they heard he was related to a wealthy man.

I love Nigeria and want to relocate back but such news makes me sad.

I had a sports injury which was leading me towards blindness in my left eye, hemorrhage in the eye followed by a very large rapidly increasing mocular hole on 1st sep 13, by november 8th I had a surgery, I paid for my OP over a month after. In nigeria I would be blind by now.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Sarimah(f): 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
This is pure wickedness...RIP cry
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by hensben(m): 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
#sad
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
Sarimah: This is pure wickedness...RIP cry
worse things are happening than thois baby u only heard this because she is popilar and famous

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Wizkid's Twin Brother(photos) / Meet The Shortest Man In Nigeria, A Radio Host / Naira Marley, Sir Dee React To Sexy Photos Of Tacha Wearing Crop Top, Leggings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.