Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? (23436 Views)

My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me / How I Escaped Having Sex In My Early Teens (A Must Read For Parents)! / My Wife Shows No Affection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 04, 2014
patrickdarlins: happy birthday to me..+fp tinx...back to d matter..@ op...its very wrong for d parents to do such...i will xplain later...for niw...its all about my birthday...give me some likes pipo.....smiles....
happy birthday
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by henryobinna(m): 3:18am On Oct 04, 2014
olu77: For me, there is nothing wrong with that. It will make the children crave for such a positive love as they grow older.
that's not true mister!
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Nobody: 3:19am On Oct 04, 2014
I wonder why its a picture of some white family that is up there.....Don't we have any sense of pride as black people Do white people have to be the standard to anything good? For phuck sake....have some pride you demented and retard3d op!!!!
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by XTIANmaha(m): 3:23am On Oct 04, 2014
It all depends, but being romantic to ur wife infront of d kids ,isn't wrong.
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 04, 2014
hoyinkansola: happy birthday
thank u very much...am so happy...thanks once again
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 04, 2014
patrickdarlins: thank u very much...am so happy...thanks once again
my utmost pleasure.. have a blast!!wink
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by lonelydora: 3:41am On Oct 04, 2014
There is nothing wrong there.

We even make love in the presence of my 1+ son. But currently my wife said it is not good. But as a guy man I don't see anything wrong in that.

I am already showing him how to love because anytime I am kissing my wife, he always do same to her, in fact we use to drag for my wife's lips.

Like father like son.
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by 2legit2qwt: 3:45am On Oct 04, 2014
My Dad never showed my mom love or affection in my presence even though they loved each other, it was like a taboo and that hasn't really helped me as a young man. I've had to learn this the hard way growing up, a lot of times from the wrong source/people.

Going forward, I'll show every affection to my wife in the presence of my kids to let them know it's ok to love and be expressive about it. As long as it's not to the point being made by the man above me *love making** grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Otunbab: 4:17am On Oct 04, 2014
I don't know why some people are just local. Your parents never kissed in front of you doesn't mean it's wrong to kiss infront of your kids. The same people saying it's wrong to kiss infront of your kiss would feel totally comfy to slap their wives in front of their kids. Some mumus are saying you'll spoil your kids. 99% of what kids know, they learnt from t.v and friends. The closer you are to your kids the easier you teach them about sex.
Please don't be local and let your kids see the love in the family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 04, 2014
Late post. angry there is actually nothing wrong with it, but it should depend on the kind of children you have. As a parent you should know if you have a child that would give an excuse for kissing a girl/boy outside because he/she saw you doing it. Applies only to naija sha. grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by oracle009(m): 4:53am On Oct 04, 2014
bennyrazz: when children see you handling, kissing your spouse or doing some other things, they tend to pick it up and practice such with their fellow children eg (mummy & daddy play) cheesy let's play the play mummy and daddy use to play, I am mummy you are daddy and they begin to do some funny things they see their parents do. In their own mind, it's not a harmful play but that's actually when sexual abuse begin. That's when children begin to sexually abuse each other without knowing. so it is wrong for parents to make out in front of their kids.
na wa o...if ds is ur reason. What of I (me personaly o) who never saw my parents display anything known as public affection save for d normal joint eating? I played daddy and mummy alot while younger... Bottomline: children learn alot frm diff source, itz better u fashion them the way u want than allowing some external force to do that for you. Mind you, they will never take a 'DON'T' for answer

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by mentorandfriend(m): 5:15am On Oct 04, 2014
Donchinex: NO! Many would say "It would spoil them". On the contrary, I think it is super important for parents to show affection to each other, especially in front of their kids. I'm not talking full on make-out and humping, but hugs, kisses, sitting on laps and saying "I love you" to each other as parents is something the kids need to see.
I grew up in a house where the reverse is the case...I never for once heard my parents say those "3 letter words" to each other. Even when my mum would want to make "advances", my dad would be like "not in front of the children";-). The only romantic scenario I do witness is their holding of hands while walking and when they call each other pet names.
I want my children to grow up actually seeing physical affection being displayed between me and their mother (future tense):-). If you can't kiss your wife at home no matter who is there, then really, it kind of makes you roommates.
Some parents worry that it would make their kids uncomfortable. NO!(If not taken to the extreme).
An adage says "the greatest good you can do a child is by showing love to the mother". Outside, when talking with their peers, they will gladly say things like "my parents still like each other".
***Bottom line***- I don't see any wrong for parents to display physical affection even when the kids are watching. #FromAFutureHusband8-). Your thoughts
Why has this post not received a thousand likes yet? Display of affection from the man to the mother of his kids can make the children feel so secure both within and without. It makes them also to see dad and mum as a team/patner rather than different individuals. Some kids have this attitude of choosing sides when they mess up in the home. If mum is a talker, they run to dad. Problem not solved; they'll repeat it tomorrow. But public display of affection makes the kids to know that dad and mum are one in both spirit, soul and body. A Bleep up to one is a Bleep up to both. They can then take discipline seriously.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by onyeuka: 5:42am On Oct 04, 2014
yes it's wrong
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by boboLIL(m): 5:46am On Oct 04, 2014
For nigeria, ts very wrong cos d children wil start practicalizin t wen we they start performin outside dia homes...maybe in school or at dia neighbour's hood, they may decide to act some drama,,,one wil raise d issue of let's be kissing, d oda myt ask why?,,,, he wil reply like dis "cos my parents do kiss eachoda in front of me". And trust satan , he wil possess dem and they wil even go xtra mile like goin in hidden places e.g goin under d staircase for more of it, doin it when no one is around etc...
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 04, 2014
patrickdarlins: happy birthday to me..+fp tinx...back to d matter..@ op...its very wrong for d parents to do such...i will xplain later...for niw...its all about my birthday...give me some likes pipo.....smiles....
must you comment on every thread
Why don't you open a new thread then tag yer followers and friends? It'll make more sense that way. Happy birthday bro.. May Fate and Fortune smile on you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Tosinville(m): 5:57am On Oct 04, 2014
Hugging and holding hands to show some affection in front of your kids is alright but kissing gon' make 'em brat, na africa be this o!
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Subom1(f): 6:00am On Oct 04, 2014
2legit2qwt: My Dad never showed my mom love or affection in my presence even though they loved each other, it was like a taboo and that hasn't really helped me as a young man. I've had to learn this the hard way growing up, a lot of times from the wrong source/people.

Going forward, I'll show every affection to my wife in the presence of my kids to let them know it's ok to love and be expressive about it. As long as it's not to the point being made by the man above me *love making** grin grin
cheesy cheesy cool kiss
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 04, 2014
Its not wrong.. We do even more in front of the kids!

Our Latest Kid sleeps in our room and most times he is awake when we are...
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by zika1(f): 6:18am On Oct 04, 2014
bennyrazz: when children see you handling, kissing your spouse or doing some other things, they tend to pick it up and practice such with their fellow children eg (mummy & daddy play) cheesy let's play the play mummy and daddy use to play, I am mummy you are daddy and they begin to do some funny things they see their parents do. In their own mind, it's not a harmful play but that's actually when sexual abuse begin. That's when children begin to sexually abuse each other without knowing. so it is wrong for parents to make out in front of their kids.
wia this one commot 4rm? Cnt u see abi u cnt read? Lil hugs,pecks,saying I love u won't do any harm 2 a child.this actually makes dem free expressing demselves and loving others since dey get 2 see love @ home. If u like lock ur children up wen ever u want 2 peck ur wife nd see whether dey won't use d pigeon hole
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by zika1(f): 6:21am On Oct 04, 2014
mentorandfriend: Why has this post not received a thousand likes yet? Display of affection from the man to the mother of his kids can make the children feel so secure both within and without. It makes them also to see dad and mum as a team/patner rather than different individuals. Some kids have this attitude of choosing sides when they mess up in the home. If mum is a talker, they run to dad. Problem not solved; they'll repeat it tomorrow. But public display of affection makes the kids to know that dad and mum are one in both spirit, soul and body. A Bleep up to one is a Bleep up to both. They can then take discipline seriously.
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Dagoma: 6:59am On Oct 04, 2014
bennyrazz: it is wrong to display affection in front if children

Very wrong, indeed!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 04, 2014
@OP. I'm in total agreement with you. That has always been my plan. To express full affection to my kids and in their presence to my wife. It ensures a stronger family bond and gives d children the idea of how to treat their spouses in future

However temperament plays a role in this. As much as d wife may like this, the husband may just be too cool, calm and so-called mature in nature and psychy not to do this to his wife and vice versa.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by timilehing(m): 7:02am On Oct 04, 2014
Its not wrong if some husband can bully their wife in front of the kids. Whatever you do sticks to their brain, they too can love their spouse better in future

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by authebabe: 7:09am On Oct 04, 2014
Decibel: This is not funny shocked
and who is laughing??
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by chidimmaaa(f): 7:14am On Oct 04, 2014
Depends on the type of affection. Some r good to bedisplayed in front of themm atleast they'll be proud of the type of family they came from, others are wrong on so many levels
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by princelolly(f): 7:15am On Oct 04, 2014
For me it is wrong when they are still young....but when they are matured about the age of 15years I think is normal....
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by olu77(m): 7:32am On Oct 04, 2014
Strahovski: Its not wrong.. We do even more in front of the kids!

Our Latest Kid sleeps in our room and most times he is awake when we are...
habatically extreme

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by dadaayodejio(m): 7:36am On Oct 04, 2014
A lot ; if not all that was not displayed in front of us as children, we still found out and majority from the wrong sources I believe it is part of education to learn proper interaction between opposite sex in the right family setting.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by DonaldGenes(m): 7:36am On Oct 04, 2014
olu77: For me, there is nothing wrong with that. It will make the children crave for such a positive love as they grow older.
I concur

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by bayulll01(m): 7:42am On Oct 04, 2014
the reason why we have so many fail marriage these days is just because of poor upbring of many kids that latter grows into adult,i believe showing affection in the presence of kids should be a normal and a must do, because kids will carry on with this good memory and will want to be like their parent,fathers expecially should teach their sons thay when its, comes to marriage and decision making my wife comes first with this,u will see a well grown man with good knowledge how to be a great husband,affections should not be kissing and romancing in fronts of kids cos they will definately wanna try it out,goods words such as love u,missed u,u are the best should not be find missing in a happy home,i cant wait to get marry

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by macodollar: 7:42am On Oct 04, 2014
The sanctity of the family must be preserved.

Important notice:
We are licensed distributors KingCobra Electronics, manufacturers of Original CrossTiger Car Security System. We are introducing this wonderful product into the Nigeria market to curb cases of car theft and burglaries. You can sleep with both eyes closed once this product is installed in your car.
Loaded with so many features for your car's security and driving comfort;
Opens car trunk
Very loud alarm
Keyless entry
Vehicle Locator 
Central Lock
LED indicator
Reminder of unclosed door
Anti Hijacking
Emergency Warning
Very cheap when compared to market price
Easy to install

You can shape and use the key as car key

Price: #5000

In the honour of Nigeria's independence celebration and the upcoming Sallah, we are giving a price slash of #2000.

So instead of #7000, you get this product at a subsidized rate of #5000

1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? by Jfrezzy(m): 7:55am On Oct 04, 2014
U right .
But I think is normal to africans.
Let don't 4get that,our 4fathers,just took the woman to the bed,No time 4 I love U.
Is in the culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Newly Married Woman Narrates How Husband Abuses Her Daily / I’m Fed Up With My Childless Marriage - Wife Tells Court / Why Is Infidelity On The Rise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.