Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,820 members, 7,813,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

My Wife Shows No Affection - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Shows No Affection (44877 Views)

Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) / "I Caught My Wife & Driver Making Love In My House" - Lagos Businessman / My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Shows No Affection by charlezok(m): 4:50am On Jul 05, 2015
I am a 36 year old man in pretty good shape, 6'2" and good looking. I am a very affectionate and loving person, but my wife is not. I am always the one to initiate sex, hugs, kisses, or any type of physical contact. I don't understand why she's so cold to me. I love her with all my heart, but she is breaking me down. I have tried doing more of the housework, working out 5 days a week, anything I could think of to get her more interested in me but nothing works. She tells me that she loves me, but she doesn't make me feel loved at all. I want her to want to be with me without me asking her too. We have 2 kids that I am committed to being here for, so I am at a loss as to what I should do. Sorry for rambling, but a brother needs help here.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by IamLEGEND1: 5:20am On Jul 05, 2015
have you tried telling her plainly?

if you have, and there has been no change whatsoever

see a counsellor A.S.A.P

U seem to be a fairly young couple so there is absolutely no reason to let urself stay miserable. you're gonna have enough of that further down the road.

but u should enjoy each other's company while u still yearn for it.

39 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by histemple: 6:16am On Jul 05, 2015
Find out what catches her fancy and try that. It's possible she really loves you but she might be shy. It sounds strange but some ladies are too shy not to initiate plays or play dirty with their husband.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 05, 2015
Get her sacked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 05, 2015
Mr., just live your live, do things without her, go out hang around, let her know that you can sail through without her. Make her realise that you are the king and live up to it. I assure you she will learn to love you more.

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by germainediva(f): 7:03am On Jul 05, 2015
The best way to get any woman to love you is to ignore her...........women get irritated with too much attenntion

198 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by BTT(m): 7:03am On Jul 05, 2015
ibroauthen:
In

Case

You

Don't

Know

I'm only booking space

Though

The poster below me might have something to say undecided

Please how old are you?

Someone comes here with an SOS but the best you can come up with is to desecrate the thread with your leprous fingers.

Were I a moderator your ban would have been 20 years minimum.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by skyfullofstars(f): 7:10am On Jul 05, 2015
Hello! This may not be the case but... Some people have distant and cold personalities, this could be her case. Some people don't show their love as we would expect them to, it's mainly psychological and depends on many factors such as how she was raised by her parents, whether her parents showed affection or not etc... You may be interested in looking up on Google "my wife is not affectionate" and you'll be surprised at how many people have this problem, and their discussion in forums.

I wish you the best of luck...

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 05, 2015
Well, I think the lady is the shy type..... some ladies are so shy that they can't even dress in front of their husby.

The man should talk to her about it, in a calm and reassuring way........... I think she will change.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 05, 2015
first of all go down low... ahhh go down low, first of all, you won't get much help from here as your thread is in the wrong section. You might wanna plead with the mods to help move it to the appropriate section (family section) where I can assure you you will get better matured comments.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 05, 2015
germainediva:
The best way to get any woman to love you is to ignore her...........women get irritated with too much attenntion
This is classic. cheesy

I'll take this advice seriously if I were you OP. You are a man for crying out loud, you are not supposed to be the one sulking here. It's supposed to be the other way round.

I learnt my lesson ever since I got dumped for making too much calls and all. Other girls I dated ever since made most of the calls and showed all the love.
Seeking your spouse's love is like chasing after your own shadow. The more you reach out, the more it gets father away from you.

Just do your thing and have fun with regular men stuff like sports and hanging out with your buddies. Pay more attention to your work/career/business and fulfill your obligations as the man of the house. Trust me she'll be the one sucking up to you in no time.
EDIT

Not saying you should totally ignore your wife. Just be more bubbly and fun by doing what makes you happy, she'll become curious as to your new found joy and will want to tap into that.
Then you can respond to her appropriately.
This requires no magic or some spiritual influence.

#My2kobo.

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by soopamom: 9:26am On Jul 05, 2015
Hmm, strange. Have you tried talking to her?
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by kunlesufyan(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2015
TheYoungRebel:
Mr., just live your live, do things without her, go out hang around, let her know that you can sail through without her. Make her realise that you are the king and live up to it. I assure you she will learn to love you more.
God bless you this Sunday morning ...exactly what I'll do after trying so much...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by naijaboiy: 9:48am On Jul 05, 2015
God help me not to marry such type of a woman. lipsrsealed

I hate emotional stress. undecided

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 05, 2015
Na u dey bother yourself with attention,when you can get it outside by hanging out with friends,or go clubbing,etc.

Ignore her totally,then her brain will reset,except she doesn't love you at all.

Hope its not a forced marriage sha?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by odeku457(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2015
Tell me about it.

@ charlezok . . . . If you really are sure she loves you.

I think you should put on your suit to weather this because you are married to her for better or worse.

You can try and enlighten Her on intimacy and other things you might like.

Its might not be an easy task but if you put your mind to it.. its doable.

So don't give up.

Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 05, 2015
charlezok:
I am a 36 year old man in pretty good shape, 6'2" and good looking. I am a very affectionate and loving person, but my wife is not. I am always the one to initiate sex, hugs, kisses, or any type of physical contact. I don't understand why she's so cold to me. I love her with all my heart, but she is breaking me down. I have tried doing more of the housework, working out 5 days a week, anything I could think of to get her more interested in me but nothing works. She tells me that she loves me, but she doesn't make me feel loved at all. I want her to want to be with me without me asking her too. We have 2 kids that I am committed to being here for, so I am at a loss as to what I should do. Sorry for rambling, but a brother needs help here.

in my experience , Ur wife na lesbian.

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by hensben(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2015
Bro sorry to ask this query, you married her by force as in you stole her from her real guy with material things like money.?

17 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by mizzyboy007: 9:50am On Jul 05, 2015
@mizzyboy007 let's talk about that relationship. you can turn that around.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by laurel03(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2015
Bad
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by slap1(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2015
Have you told her what you just told us?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by pendusky(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2015
BRB
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by ShakurM(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2015
Two questions

- Did I marry her as a virgin?

- Has she been raped before?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by lekjons(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2015
Was she given to you by your village chief??, u didn't notice all this when you're still courting..and now after two kids(which shows you've been married for years now) u came here to complain..and your post explain its not that she changed suddenly.... I think you are jealous of a romantic couple around you, maybe your friend and his wife #myopinion forget it; women has different characters, (which you shoul have paid attention to before you got married)..just cope and try to get used to it like u've been doing since you got married! #my5kobo..goodluck!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Mikocake(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2015
chuna1985:

in my experience , Ur wife na lesbian.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by harrysterol(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2015
No more pleading, just do your thing and act normal, am guessing you showed her so much affection that is irritating her

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by naijaboiy: 9:51am On Jul 05, 2015
I do hope it was not a forceful marriage though. lipsrsealed
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Brugo(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2015
Bro if she were just a girlfriend I would have told you to dump her immediately. But this is your wife. She is gradually conditioning you to beg for affection. Your self respect will be seriously bruised if you beg.

You know what? Try not to burn yourself out. Stop pouring affection into a bottomless pit. Focus on your kids instead. Whenever you need sex, have it with her. Enjoy yourself. Don't expect affection from her and don't give what would not be appreciated. If she doesn't change then don't change.

Life is too short to be burning out because of a wife that frustrates your love.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by mrlaw93(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2015
Bring her to me.. am a pro in solving issues like dis. Ask Seun nd lalasticlala i don hlp dem b4.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by lawal28c: 9:51am On Jul 05, 2015
U just av 2 increase u own romantic skills
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 05, 2015
Hmmm

I THINK SHE SEES VISIONS .

YEAH,....HER MIND ISNT IN THIS WORLD WITH YOU...MOST LIKELY, SHE HAS A SPIRITUAL FAMILY ELSEWHERE and the more you try to be part of her life, the more they try to eliminate you.

Be strong in prayer and bring her for deliverance.

Contact my secretary cirmuell for directions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

5 Signs Of Irresponsibility Shown By Men / How true about this in Marriage ( See Photo) / My Twins Are A Year Old Today(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.