Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation (32015 Views)

Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu / Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud / Minister Of Health Warns Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
Another way of milking naijariens.
Timariv comes to mind
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by englishmart(m): 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
That is one of the worst days of every month. Road blocks everywhere as if our leaders are militants.
I know how many of my boys I've bailed from prison/police cell because of this.

We are all mature enough to sanitise our environment I think

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Fatulu(m): 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
Who cares rubbish!
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by kennynelcon(m): 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
Yes abeg, I use because of am go late for weeding last week. it's not effective sef

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
A clueless Minister that doesn't know that Environmentals is under the purview of States

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by usten: 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
sanitary inspectors kor,bribe collectors ni...much as i would like to be optimistically objective,it would definietly be abused

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Songitto(m): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
Ok, we are awaiting for the outcome...
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by blasterman(m): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
Monthly sanitation that is not enforced instead people are playing soccer and smoking
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by chibyke2x(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
It is still the same thing
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by rman: 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Long over due....

It was introduced by the military and isn't really serving the purpose other than movement restrictions.

People should find a way to make their environment clean with government enforcement. Also government at LGA and state level should have a robust waste management system with trained professionals and we would not need FG to declare Sanitation days.

The fact that people are not moving doesn't mean they are cleaning their environment.

6 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by cirmuell(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
Does it have to be cancelled before the inspectors can do their job?
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Waspy(m): 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nigeria needs serious decentralization ASAP...... Imagine Federal Govt oversee sweeping of gutters. What manner of bullsh!itt angry sad

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by whitecat1: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
This sorry arsse excuse of a human being as a minister of health Chukwu is trying too hard to make a name for himself! What's the point of canceling what has been here before most of us were born? This environmental sanitation has helped neighbors to know each other, meet and interact for years.

The inspection will help increase robbery, as he will employ ibos en masse to spy and rob their perceived enemies.

This must be resisted by Yoruba and Hausa. In a country like Nigeria, we just can't afford opening gates for people in the name of inspection, anyone can find uniform and make it into our houses, we are not there yet, and it should not be allowed to sail through. We should increase hours of the environmental sanitation or do it twice a month.

PLEASE HELP TO SHARE THIS!
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by kay29000(m): 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
I love the idea. That last Saturday of the month (and every Thursday for market and business areas) is a waste of precious time, plus Lagos is still as dirty as ever. This new move will make people keep a neat environment always, and not just on a particularly day of the month.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by slimfit1(m): 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
uken73: Really. This seems to be motivated by the idea of creating job for the boys.

Not a bad idea as long as they make sure it is well enforced.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Tolubory(m): 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Backwardness
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
uken73: Really. This seems to be motivated by the idea of creating job for the boys.
same thought here
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by rezzy: 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
detiosa: Hw dat wan take concern me as far as i knw i go stil Dey use our backyard as refuse until 9ja change ;DHw dat wan take concern me as far as i knw i go stil Dey use our backyard as refuse until 9ja change

Na who you con do now? Na u dey enjoy the fresh smell na.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
Maybe he finds out that most people dont do it when they are supposed to do it. instead, they play street football or drink pammy outside.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
CoolHunk: Good call. As long as the inspectors shun corruption and act professionally.
Seconded....
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by eleko1: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by paycash: 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Cancel so that people go forget Buhari and Idiagbon if not why this time?

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by IYANGBALI: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
alkanes1: The minister of health knows best
he knows nothing

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by ugoezeik(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
d last tym I check, onyebuchi chukwu is min of health not environment. so werin com concern him for dis ehh

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by EMMABC1(m): 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
I remember wt a feeling of nostalgia those days in d village, when "Ndi nwaoleala" or "ndi oleala'' ( the inspectors) wud announce coming 4 inspection and every household was kept busy cleaning both inside n outside till d that dat very day. Those days are gone.
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by daben1(m): 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
Is he alright?

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by IYANGBALI: 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
whitecat1: This sorry arsse excuse of a human being as a minister of health Chukwu is trying too hard to make a name for himself! What's the point of canceling what has been here before most of us were born? This environmental sanitation has helped neighbors to know each other, meet and interact for years.

The inspection will help increase robbery, as he will employ ibos en masse to spy and rob their perceived enemies.

This must be resisted by Yoruba and Hausa. In a country like Nigeria, we just can't afford opening gates for people in the name of inspection, anyone can find uniform and make it into our houses, we are not there yet, and it should not be allowed to sail through. We should increase hours of the environmental sanitation or do it twice a month.

PLEASE HELP TO SHARE THIS!
chisos. Ayam deaded grin

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by shejane: 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
nnekamezor: Seconded....

Thirded

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by BlossomP: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
StealthyMe: Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu has called for the cancellation of monthly 'environmental sanitation days' by states, as he wants the reintroduction of sanitary inspectors.

This disclosure was made known Friday by Special Assistant on Media and Communication to the Minister of Health, Nigeria, Dan Nwomeh on his official twitter account.

SOURCE

What's your take on this ?
Another avenue for 'chop chop'.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by ihepresy: 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
[i][/i][color=#770077][/color] shocked I agreed wit u
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by caniva(m): 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
She try small. applaud her and remind her our dirty the nation is at large even when there is sanitation by the occupiers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Man Who Survived Fatal Motor Accident Gets Killed By Malaria. Photos / Man Sitting In The Middle Of The Road With His Sick Child (Photos) / 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.