Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? (7606 Views)

Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? / If A Girl Asks For Your Age ....what Does It Mean / My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by charliebiz(m): 10:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hi NLander. Have been the 'read the thread/topic and comments' guy on nairaland (though more active on facebook and twitter) and get out so this topic is simply seeking your opinions and it happens to be my first post under Romance Section.

I have this Babe that I am now very fond of and gradually, it is turning to a love affair. She is the kind of Lady that falls under my taste; hardworking, intelligent, social, down to earth and open to communication. I have asked myself several times if I will be comfortable waking up by her side for the rest of my life not looking at container but the content and the answer keeps coming in the affirmative through her actions. She is not orobo and she is not lekpa but I am a bit consign about her when the 69 grin and Child-bearing grin process kicks off. Afraid she might add more weight because I am a classical example of letter I.

She is a graduate, responsible, works and a leader a small group of young single females in church while I have a young and growing IT company and just conclude my tenure as a Youth Leader in same church (sorry can't name the church). Neva bleeped her cos of personal belief and Church dictate though tempted to smooch at our last meeting. I don't and haven't bleeped before at 29 and cool about it cool.

Of recent, I asked her about her age and she openly told me "I know Ladies don't like telling guys/people their age" and she didn't give me an answer rather she asked me about mine which I told her. I killed the question about her age waiting for another time or for her to tell me of her own volition. Not that I consider age as a prerequisite in relationship for I have known her better now for close to a year due to our increased communication-flow and had even fallen in love with a babe six years older than me (craze dey my head). The quest to know her age was heighten when my Elder Brother and a Friend asked me her age cos of her mature look and poise so I had to ask.

What do you think her action of not telling me her age means? Is it that she is afraid that I will leave her which is far from it or She doesn't want to scare me away if She is eventually older than me though marriage for me is no-time-soon and won't want to tie her down if she is in a rush.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by PROCTOR: 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
They actually won't when they are older than 23

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by iceberylin(m): 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
PROCTOR: They actually won't when they are older than 36
ŦĨЖĔĎ wink
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by charliebiz(m): 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
@PROCTOR and ICEBERYLIN

please elaborate. diff views
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by chimerase2: 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
When u guys were discussing,playing doing 69 and oda cat killing methods
did u call me undecided

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by ERCROSS(m): 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
^^^
How does this relate with wat d o.p has said...
undecided undecided undecided
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by charliebiz(m): 11:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
chimerase2: When u guys were discussing,playing doing 69 and oda cat killing methods
did u call me undecided

Do you have an idea of what her action means and why? if not... run along, bro.

ERCROSS: ^^^
How does this relate with wat d o.p has said...
undecided undecided undecided

Thank you Bro for reminding him.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by ideee03(f): 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
She might be at the same age range with you or older than you.+29 nd still a virgin? That's *coughs*
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by Waspy(m): 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
She's probably older than you. Or not really serious abt the relationship

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by harrysterol(m): 12:02am On Oct 04, 2014
Op bone age jor n do ur tin, she maybe older than u or same age bracket
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by charliebiz(m): 12:20am On Oct 04, 2014
Still observing your comments.
Thanks @Harrysterol, Waspy and Ideee03 and those yet to comment.
harrysterol: Op bone age jor n do ur tin, she maybe older than u or same age bracket

Not that I bother much about it just some concerns which Love conquers.

ideee03: She might be at the same age range with you or older than you.+29 nd still a virgin? That's *coughs* cool.
Fixed cool
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by ideee03(f): 12:31am On Oct 04, 2014
Lol,ok. And on your signature,it's not practisioner but practitioner
charliebiz: Still observing your comments.
Thanks @Harrysterol, Waspy and Ideee03 and those yet to comment.

Not that I bother much about it just some concerns which Love conquers.

Fixed cool
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by tosyne2much(m): 12:34am On Oct 04, 2014
When ladies know deep down within that their age outweigh yours, they tend to flare up in anger and start telling you you need not to be curious about their age.. OP, pls jst have this at the back of your mind that this thing is common with 9ja babes.. Just know that you can neva get a generally acceptable answer to this ur kweshion cos the reasons why dey refuse to tell their exact age cannot be overemphasized
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by charliebiz(m): 12:59am On Oct 04, 2014
ideee03: Lol,ok. And on your signature,it's not practisioner but practitioner
Thanks. Didn't see that. Guess my brain and muscle memory weren't correlating at that time. wink

tosyne2much: When ladies know deep down within that their age outweigh yours, they tend to flare up in anger and start telling you you need not to be curious about their age.. OP, pls jst have this at the back of your mind that this thing is common with 9ja babes.. Just know that you can neva get a generally acceptable answer to this ur kweshion cos the reasons why dey refuse to tell their exact age cannot be overemphasized

In this case, she didn't flare up rather she smiled sheepishly and threw the kweshion back when I pushed further with a guess.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by happyjuliet(f): 1:23am On Oct 04, 2014
Are u really sure ur babe as all dis qualities? If u said u were beginning 2 fall 4 her y are u so bother about her age? It is not a crime 2 ask of her age oooooh. Even if she decided 2 tell u or u later find out she is 5X older dan u what will u do? In relationship age does not really matter, what matters is d love u guys have 4 each other grin.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by LibrarianD: 7:40am On Oct 04, 2014
@ op, u are here dreaming about this lady on NL grin, kindly do the needful and intimate her of your feelings kiss, her response will now determine if you can relaunch the question cool. I personally feel it's not polite for my friend to ask for my age directly. However, you may get her age by probing her educational background
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 04, 2014
she is 31.
dont marry her until you are 35
goodluck
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by DECOtech(m): 10:12am On Oct 04, 2014
A lady who cannot openly tell her man how old she is could most definitely be a bag of secrets.

Brother, ask your pastor to confirm; Secrets do suffocate relationships

Except you are a carefreewnnabe.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by tosyne2much(m): 11:05am On Oct 04, 2014
DECOtech:
A lady who cannot openly tell her man how old she is could most definitely be a bag of secrets.

Except you are a crefreewnnabe.
May you live long my broda
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by philantoxx(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2014
she's may be close to her peak bro.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by barthchuks(m): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2014
ideee03:
She might be at the same age range with you or older than you. +29 nd still a virgin? That's *coughs*
Are surprised about that or are you feeling some sort of shame for yourself?
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by valmunich(m): 11:29am On Oct 04, 2014
Go ahead wif it if you love. Age is just a number after all sad
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by charliebiz(m): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
happyjuliet:
Are u really sure ur babe as all dis qualities? If u said u were beginning 2 fall 4 her y are u so bother about her age? It is not a crime 2 ask of her age oooooh. Even if she decided 2 tell u or u later find out she is 5X older dan u what will u do? In relationship age does not really matter, what matters is d love u guys have 4 each other grin.
happyjuliet:

Yea She has those qualities and that is why I fell for her.

LibrarianD:
@ op, u are here dreaming about this lady on NL grin, kindly do the needful and intimate her of your feelings kiss, her response will now determine if you can relaunch the question cool. I personally feel it's not polite for my friend to ask for my age directly. However, you may get her age by probing her educational background

Okay. thanks

krall:
she is 31.
dont marry her until you are 35
goodluck

Thanks for the advise. How do you know she is 31?

DECOtech:
DECOtech:

Wise words. though she had been open to me concerning somethings sha which I cannot reveal here. Just that the age question was an unexpected one. Will pick maturity in thoughts and actions over age even if younger. Though the diff don't have to be much.

philantoxx:
she's may be close to her peak bro.

valmunich:
Go ahead wif it if you love. Age is just a number after all sad

ok
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by DECOtech(m): 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
charliebiz:

Wise words. though she had been open to me concerning somethings sha which I cannot reveal here. Just that the age question was an unexpected one. Will pick maturity in thoughts and actions over age even if younger. Though the diff don't have to be much.

Of course she can be open abt past issues she doesn't consider as strongly as her age.

How's it gonna be in the future when issues she considers stronger than her age arises?
1-Wld she be able to tell you that her friend advised her to watch u closely cos u might be cheating while you are not?
2-Wld she tell you that ur son or daughter messed up really bad to allow you administer your fatherly authority or hide them from you in the name of motherly protection?
3-Would she rather ask you for money to buy things for herself than to add extra 10k to children's school fees?
4-And some other little secrets that might not matter at the moment.

Number 1 happened btw my parents but thank God for wisdom n openness btw mum n dad, the devil failed.
Number 2 happens presently in a friend's family. To d extent his daughter got pregnant, d mum took her to abort it, the father only got a wind of it when they wr asked to bring plenty money cos of complications.
Number 3 was btw an Ex n I. The relationship barely lasted 5months. The girl collects almost 3times her school fees from her dad and shares it with her mum. I walked out of the relationship when I asked of her age and she found it a big deal to tell me. A small girl for that matter. Till date she calls me wicked, but this is me. I hate secrets

Pls brother, I'm not tryn to scare you. You are d one who knows the lady you have talked about better than any of us in this forum. Just shine ur eyes.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by charliebiz(m): 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
^^^
Alwite. Thanks for the insight. Guess it is not just a matter of now but the future and her principles. Your post has given me more insights to why it is not about the number in age but principle. 1000 likes. wink If eventually she tells me cause I will ask again, guess I will take note of her reaction and make her see the reason for my asking. Even if she eventually lies about it, I will definitely know one day and that might leave a scar in the relationship if not break-up. lipsrsealed
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by fyneboi79(m): 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
charliebiz:
Hi NLander. Have been the 'read the thread/topic and comments' guy on nairaland (though more active on facebook and twitter) and get out so this topic is simply seeking your opinions and it happens to be my first post under Romance Section.

I have this Babe that I am now very fond of and gradually, it is turning to a love affair. She is the kind of Lady that falls under my taste; hardworking, intelligent, social, down to earth and open to communication. I have asked myself several times if I will be comfortable waking up by her side for the rest of my life not looking at container but the content and the answer keeps coming in the affirmative through her actions. She is not orobo and she is not lekpa but I am a bit consign about her when the 69 grin and Child-bearing grin process kicks off. Afraid she might add more weight because I am a classical example of letter I.

She is a graduate, responsible, works and a leader a small group of young single females in church while I have a young and growing IT company and just conclude my tenure as a Youth Leader in same church (sorry can't name the church). Neva bleeped her cos of personal belief and Church dictate though tempted to smooch at our last meeting. I don't and haven't bleeped before at 29 and cool about it cool.

Of recent, I asked her about her age and she openly told me "I know Ladies don't like telling guys/people their age" and she didn't give me an answer rather she asked me about mine which I told her. I killed the question about her age waiting for another time or for her to tell me of her own volition. Not that I consider age as a prerequisite in relationship for I have known her better now for close to a year due to our increased communication-flow and had even fallen in love with a babe six years older than me (craze dey my head). The quest to know her age was heighten when my Elder Brother and a Friend asked me her age cos of her mature look and poise so I had to ask.

What do you think her action of not telling me her age means? Is it that she is afraid that I will leave her which is far from it or She doesn't want to scare me away if She is eventually older than me though marriage for me is no-time-soon and won't want to tie her down if she is in a rush.
Christ embassy / She is older than ‎u grin
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by kay29000(m): 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
charliebiz:

Girls don't usually like disclosing their age to guys, but from what I have read itln your case, she is probably older than you, that's why she doesn't feel comfortable revealing her age to u. The fact that your elder brother asked u for her age also comfirms this.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by Sarimah(f): 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
I guess she's older dan u nd she's scared of telling u cos she feel u might dump her
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by chibwike(m): 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sarimah:
I guess she's older dan u nd she's scared of telling u cos she feel u might dump her
hw re u
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sarimah:
hehehe! na wah ooo
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by Sarimah(f): 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
richommie:
hehehe! na wah ooo
wat is wah? tongue
Re: She Doesn't Want To Tell Me Her Age. What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sarimah:
wat is wah? tongue
grin its a slang! pidgin precisely ...aint u a nigerian? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

TOP Tribes IN NIGERIA With The Best Ladies To Take As A Wife(wife Materials). / Lady With The Longest Butt Goes Unclad On Internet / 6 Benefits You Get When You Date A Plus Size Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.