Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? (32873 Views)

Who Taught You How To Drive? / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / Rescue Dogs Taught How To Drive A Car In New Zealand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Heart2heart(m): 11:07am On Oct 07, 2014
hahhhahahahahhahaahahahhaahahahaha u no go kill me.
colossus2:
I kept shouting and stopped teaching.
Common to turn the key and start the car was an issue initially, then while accelerating you would see both hands at the base of the steering, while turning the hands would form a cross on the steering (instead of freeing one hand while the other turns it).
I gave up mehn

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by JuicyGee(f): 11:14am On Oct 07, 2014
Watched through my kitchen window how one man was teaching a lady on the open field how to drive.. Mehn! Even tho I wasnt the instructor i was so pissed watching them angry angry. The woman spent an hr learning one thing.. and the poor guy was patiently standing under the sun teaching how to reverse.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2014
Mine is still an on going process...be like..

Me: Love oya press the clutch and put d car in neutral..
She: why?
Me: But we did dis yesterday nw..
She: Noooo..it wasnt like dis..
Me: ok..just do it..
Then she does it...
Me...ok start d car..(After about 5 seconds..yeeee! leave it now you will burn the kick starter).
She: is dat how to tell me...lol
Me: ok clutch then gear one..
She: but we did gear one yesterday..i want gear two today...
Cheeiiiii....we will get there one day.... grin

24 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by JuicyGee(f): 11:35am On Oct 07, 2014
Octaves:
My mom learnt how to drive before I was born. She doesn't drive often but when she does drive, i dey fear. She can't relax even when you are driving her, always complaining. Watch out for that! A keke is comimg out of that street! Take it easy! Hope you are seeing those children by the road! Ah ah! Complaint too much

Haha.. my mum too.. she complain on everything even the breeze when driving, "see this keke o" " no be me go kill you, u hear". its so so annoying.. I just block my ears with headphones

5 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by colossus2: 11:37am On Oct 07, 2014
JuicyGee:

omg! Laughed like crazy. grin grin got tears in my eyes
Lol....sowie.
It's crazy teaching a lady anyway.
I sabi shout, there's no way you won't shout or complain.
Went to kada cinema sometime ago with a lass, she saw all these computer controlled cars kids drive in amusement parks, next thing I heard was "I can learn how to drive with this cars na".
I looked forward, backward and sideways, started laughing at her and said "how would you learn how to accelerate and brake with a toy, is it because it has a steering".
Come see boning for plaza that day till I drove back to base grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by colossus2: 11:40am On Oct 07, 2014
emmabest2000:
dude you're really funny grin
grin
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 07, 2014
colossus2:

Lol....sowie.
It's crazy teaching a lady anyway.
I sabi shout, there's no way you won't shout or complain.
Went to kada cinema sometime ago with a lass, she saw all these computer controlled cars kids drive in amusement parks, next thing I heard was "I can learn how to drive with this cars na".
I looked forward, backward and sideways, started laughing at her and said "how would you learn how to accelerate and brake with a toy, is it because it has a steering".
Come see boning for plaza that day till I drove back to base grin

Guy you get bad mouth o! You just killed and buried that girl's joy.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by HFOG(f): 11:44am On Oct 07, 2014
Oh. This spiced up my day. Keep them coming pls
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by cuteemperor(m): 11:44am On Oct 07, 2014
JuicyGee:

Haha.. my mum too.. she complain on everything even the breeze when driving, "see this keke o" " no be me go kill you, u hear". its so so annoying.. I just block my ears with headphones

lolz... why do u think i always make my earphone available whenever my mum is driving.... those woman can complain of anything... even when the breeze blow a nylon bag in front of the car, that is a problem... and the okada riders!.... mehn!
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Alexcollins(m): 11:47am On Oct 07, 2014
BjMorgan:
I don't have a girl friend or wife yet, but I happen to teach my mum how to drive, Daddy says he can't teach her, because she will b scared of d shouting he will b shouting on her, I made up my mind say I go teach, we enter motor, student day give instruction to d teach, 1. If u shout on me, I go slap u, am still ur mother 2. If u vex because I didn't do something right, I go sound u. I come say who b d teacher and who b d learner, bfor I knew it, she want to give me sample of what she was saying, na so I cooperate sharp sharp, try my best, she day drive small not gud though, she don break our fence twice, u fit imagin how d nose of d motor for don b, don't make d mistake of greating her wen she is behind d wheels, if she mistakenly try answering ur greeting, na inside bush she day head to b dat.
loll, d same scenario played out with me and my mum, she even removed one side of d fence wen trying 2 reverse. She is now a pro in driving overtaking cars @ will....
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 07, 2014
colossus2:
I kept shouting and stopped teaching.
Common to turn the key and start the car was an issue initially, then while accelerating you would see both hands at the base of the steering, while turning the hands would form a cross on the steering (instead of freeing one hand while the other turns it).
I gave up mehn

lol
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by sleekier(m): 11:52am On Oct 07, 2014
It is my gf ooo... We finished eating and had been so happy all day ooo and one stupid thought jst came to my mind...
Dear, i ve agreed to teach u d driving as requested.She was so happy.
We entered into d car.
It went like dis... switch on d ignition, match d brake, engage d automatic gear to D and then i 'll be guilding u.
After hours & hours of inability to knw d simplest things and shouting at her with calling her series of names, we both got angry and abandon d car there. I had to come back later in d day to carry my car.
The scenario which still get us laffing till today.
Women can be so funny @times mehnn.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by j4sure(m): 11:52am On Oct 07, 2014
Funny comments. Primary sch field would av save u guyz d stress.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by eddycolo(m): 11:53am On Oct 07, 2014
Mine was a very good friend. We both working in the same company for about a year and half. We live in the same area, So i give her lifts to work. She pleaded with me to teach her to drive. First day, we drove around the vicinity. She wasnt that bad. I then told her that she should be the one driving us to work. The first time she tried to drive us to work, she told me she does not know the way to work. For a year and half we have been going to work, she is now saying she don't know the road to work.

14 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 07, 2014
DECOtech:
I'm guessing teaching a spouse is different from teaching a fiancée, right?

Kai! ...why am I feeling bad that I'm not yet married?

She is a fast learner though. She Learnt move, up-shift down-shift and stop all in one day. We suspended learning till her next visit. Though I kinda hve this feeling we might need to start all afresh... Lol!

The problem is never with the learner but with the teacher. One, we're talking about the weaker sex here. Two, you don't have to put a learner behind the wheel on the first day. Teach her the basics at home first.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by 4djustnation: 11:55am On Oct 07, 2014
For me, I bought a manual Nissan premera for her and assigned my driver to do the practicals on the field whilst I was giving her basic things I learnt during my corp marshal days and my driving experience. After she finished learning and damaging the car, I sold the car and bought another automatic Altima for her. Today, she is a good driver and I am happy for it.
My advice ...ensure that your partner learns how to drive. It is for everyone advantage.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by BjMorgan(m): 11:55am On Oct 07, 2014
Alexcollins:
loll, d same scenario played out with me and my mum, she even removed one side of d fence wen trying 2 reverse. She is now a pro in driving overtaking cars @ will....
Lolz, u tried o, mum tinz, day can b so funny most time
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by MrsAwesome: 11:57am On Oct 07, 2014
eddycolo:
Mine was a very good friend. We both working in the same company for about a year and half. We live in the same area, So i give her lifts to work. She pleaded with me to teach her to drive. First day, we drove around the vicinity. She wasnt that bad. I then told her that she should be the one driving us to work. The first time she tried to drive us to work, she told me she does not know the way to work. For a year and half we have been going to work, she is now saying she don't know the road to work.
Damn...it. hahahahahaha.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Frenzydili(f): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2014
Would prefer going to a driving skul dan my spouse teaching me.Future tense grin grin wink
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by colossus2: 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
lomomike:

Guy you get bad mouth o! You just killed and buried that girl's joy.
Lolz...it was funny bro grin
The look on her face was "don't try this at home" cheesy
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by prettiest1(f): 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
1one:

Lol

But you know you don't necessarily have to wait for Mr.Right to come teach you

You could just go to a driving school and learn by yourself.. If Mr.Right meets you as an already experienced driver, wouldn't that be a "turn on"? grin
Definitely it will. Thanks, will do it.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
There was no car..
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by mkoabiola: 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
Still waiting for mrs right spouse
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Isiterere(m): 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
reminiscing when my eldest brother was teaching his wife(mama heritage), I ended up being the referee cos the learning always turn to quarrel.
My brother will be like; mama-heritage shey o ri Iran ni , abi o need glass ni ?(mama-heritage you no dey see , or you need glass?)
Most of the time she will took okada and left us on the field.
Just advise my brother to register her into driving school.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Isiterere(m): 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
adanduka:

I agree with you. Lots of funny posts. However, most guys need to register for courses in anger management.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by MEILYN(m): 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
bebe2:

And to think my hubby is the most pleasant man I know he will never shout at me no matter wat, but dat driving brought out the other side of him.

Come see curse,

U blind?

U wan hit person?

If u just hit dat car I go leave u here.

Sweeet heart use ur brain nahhh.

I jeje gather my £20 per hour go give driving instructor make see finish no go too much grin

lwkmd grin grin
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by begwong: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2014
The first and the last day i took my spouse to teach her how to drive,i ended up gicing.her a dirty slap,collected the car and drove home.
Dont know how she got home that day because it was a hell of a distance(17km) from our residence.
She can now drive,but it was somebody else tbat taught her.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Isiterere(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
eddycolo:
omg, lwtmhtp! Imagine ! She no sabi road to work again ? Women!!! Very interesting a creature...

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by kstyle2(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
etenyong:
We left home happily to a school field to teach her how to drive on one saturday afternoon. But unfortunately after abt 45 mins i could not endure anymore. It's was so annoying dat she refuse to enter d car home instead took okada. However, dats is a story 2day cos she later went to diving school to learn. Its always funs each time we remember d experience. I must say here that its only 2% of couples can achieve that sucess.
Better let ur spouse go to professionals to give her d necessary training
...lmao@ 'we left home HAPPILY'....damn, I knew it wasn't gon end well...I'm nt married but u guyz r makin me scared on teachin a chick hw 2 drive. My gf said I shld com nd teach her...I guess I'll just find an excuse not to cos driving in ph is not beans..nd I luv my life
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by MizTyna(f): 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nah!!! Bad idea! I went to a driving sch and even at that,we still fought whenever i drive,i just dont like the 'You are going too slow' You are going too fast' 'change gear na',etc. So if we are going out together,he drives. Problem solved!

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Frenzydili:
Would prefer going to a driving skul dan my spouse teaching me.Future tense grin grin wink

Better do that right away.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
4djustnation:
For me, I bought a manual Nissan premera for her and assigned my driver to do the practicals on the field whilst I was giving her basic things I learnt during my corp marshal days and my driving experience. After she finished learning and damaging the car, I sold the car and bought another automatic Altima for her. Today, she is a good driver and I am happy for it.
My advice ...ensure that your partner learns how to drive. It is for everyone advantage.

So, the Nissan was meant to be a battering ram from the start?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. / Pictures Of The Car Electrician That Stole Comedian Ogusbaba Wife's Car Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.