Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) (3335 Views)

Woman Marries A Ferris Wheel (Jangolova) / See Photos: Woman Marries Herself - 300 Guests In Attendance / Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Zizer17(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2014
[img]http://3.bp..com/-yzMVfKgAeSE/VDAQ8xFdOBI/AAAAAAABL64/PnQpz_384gs/s1600/grace%2Bgelder.jpg[/img]

Grace Gelder was so fed up with the dating scene and single
life that she decided to become the first person in Britain to
marry HERSELF.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-ox9YLEI9eKc/VDAQW4QTL5I/AAAAAAABL6w/SEGzt7bmu5s/s1600/Grace-Gelder.jpg[/img]

Grace decided to commit to the most important person in her
life, 'proposed' to herself last November on a park bench and
staged a full wedding ceremony with 50 guests. According to
her, after being
single for six years she had built up a brilliant relationship with
herself - and creating that bond with someone else seemed like
too much hard work.
Inspired by the Björk song Isobel, which includes the line, 'My
name's Isobel, married to myself', the Londoner said the lyric
struck a chord with her and it was then she decided to walk
solo down the aisle.
Grace bought a dress, a ring, rehearsed vows and eventually
wed in a farmhouse in rural Devon watched by her sister and
friends -sealing the deal by planting a kiss on a mirror.
Speaking to the Guardian, she said:
"A few did comment, in a light-hearted way, that it was a
bit narcissitic. Obviously, if you have just announced
you’re marrying yourself, it is plainly a statement of self-
love, and I was under no illusion how self-indulgent that
might appear. But I was completely comfortable with my
motivations. I’d been on a journey of personal
development using meditation, dance and performance to
increase my self-awareness. Included in this was a Shakti
Tantra programme focused on sexuality and how this was
bound up with making agreements with yourself and other
people.
Sitting on that park bench, it dawned on me that a self-
marriage ceremony witnessed by other people would
potentially be this massively powerful means of making
those agreements stick."
Grace was wed by her friend Tiu - a celebrant - who backed her
plans and said the deal would set her up for a new phase of
life. But Grace suffered a case of the pre-wedding jitters only a
month before the big day and had to be convinced she was
doing the right thing.
Although the wedding holds no legal ground, Grace is glad she
is no longer a 'single' lady.
She added:
"It felt like a really big deal saying my vows, which were
mostly about me promising to take more risks in matters of
the heart. I really don’t see it as any kind of feminist
statement, but creating a wedding of this kind on my own
terms felt incredibly empowering."
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by bright007(f): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2014
if this is true....then she is living in self deceit
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Rexphobia(m): 11:12am On Oct 05, 2014
So she can legally M*sturbate....wonderful
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Wow! People are crazy
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by philantoxx(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2014
weird
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by jsunex(m): 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
Crazy world
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by constance500: 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
Someone should help us check record.... She must b one of the recently released psychos grin
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
Eleyi gidi gan- this is serious.
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by MisterLongman(m): 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
FREE MADNESS

1 Like

Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by amakufrancis(m): 1:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
nna nothing we no go see for this world o....
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by egopersonified(f): 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
Why wait six years to get married? Simply rent a groom and pay him off after the ceremony.
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
I wish "her" and "herself" a happy married life.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Natascha(f): 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
This one is out of order! Sick!
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
haba!

Bha do ghe o!

Not China this time sha.
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by ShirelleBaby: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
whatever rocks her boat--this kind of marriage take style sweet---
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Iaz93: 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
Our elders will say ''they've seen things because they've lived for a long time''. But in just a very short time, I've seen things they've never imagined/thought of seeing. grin grin

This one is serious. The other day, one idiat got married to the image of her crush. Now, another idiat is getting married to herself. Terrible!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by kay29000(m): 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
Good for her. As long as she is happy, that's all that really matters. Most people always worry why someone would want to be different and not fall in like other "normal" people in the society, but the truth is not everyone wants to live a regular life. Even though I find her "marriage-to-self" move odd, I respect her for being bold enough to go through with it.

1 Like

Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by fr3do(m): 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
Fine woman go just mad like this!
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Lailerh(f): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
Last time, someone married cardboard Robert Pattinson and now this, angry Madness at its highest peak grin
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by omolizzy(f): 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
Wish her api married life.
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by echobee(f): 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
Happy married life,grace grin grin
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by OohMpa: 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
A waste of pünny cry
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
Oyinbos nd dere madness
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Camellia(f): 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
I guess she is a Glee/Sue Sylvester fan.......Her problem tho
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by laivwire(m): 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
I sense MPD issues
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by charijee(f): 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
Unthinkable things happening everyday
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by hatux: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
She must be high' mt chew... Make she go screw herself'
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Begonia(m): 6:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
This is very sad sad
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
kay29000:
Good for her. As long as she is happy, that's all that really matters. Most people always worry why someone would want to be different and not fall in like other "normal" people in the society, but the truth is not everyone wants to live a regular life. Even though I find her "marriage-to-self" move odd, I respect her for being bold enough to go through with it.

you think she is happy?.....shes miserable!!!
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by kay29000(m): 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

you think she is happy?.....shes miserable!!!

And u know this, how?
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
Honestly dis woman got issh
Re: Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
kay29000:

And u know this, how?

read between the lines.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

[photo] A Woman's Menstrual Pad Falls Off While Performing On Stage :o / 3 S3x Positions You Can Enjoy Anytime,anywhere / How Would You Feel On Your Wedding Day If..........(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.