Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,926 members, 7,844,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Miss Independent - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss Independent (6074 Views)

She Is My MISS INDEPENDENT / Are There Miss Independent In Nigeria? / ~~ Miss Independent ~~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Independent by goodass(m): 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2008
cool wt me as long as it doesnt get in2 her head as u said.

liability-gurl, nah nah!
Re: Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2008
*Morenike:

Same people that complains about "gold diggas" are the ones hating on independent women. Ki nan fe?

LOL grin

@goodass grin

So dudes are indeed wary of independent ladies, and at the same time so quick to crucify the dependent ones grin
Re: Miss Independent by goodass(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2008
evry1 is wary of smth. u knw som ladies prefer 2 start fresh rathr than marry som1 whoz made?

4 moi, as long as it doesnt get in2 her head, no wahala.

abt crucifyn dependent ones, wel if na laziness/mediocrity/complacency turn her in2 Ms Dependent, i go crucify her upsyd dwn grin
Re: Miss Independent by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2008
It's some sort of bliss, when u almost never have to do the spending. Me, i no hate ooh- luv an independent gal but they just scarce ni. Had only one ever in my whole life. Girls, teach ur friends to be independent now, so hopefully 3yrs from now, a lotta naija gals will be that way. Makes for better living!!
Re: Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2008
Perhaps some ladies worry that if they appear independent they'll scare the guys off. Don't blame them tho. . .most guys see such ladies as arrogant, haughty, proud, un-submissive, bla bla.

These dear ladies then act the part of docile, un-independent female and they get criticized fast. Na wa o grin
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2008
i pray day and night for my lady to be independent, at least it gives me  confidence that she can represent me well in my absence nd my kids even if am gone beyond God forbid,
I mean it will give me joy and gives her confidence.
Our female folks lack confidence in life based on the level of their dependency.
Re: Miss Independent by KarmaMod(f): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2008
Cristalz:

Perhaps some ladies worry that if they appear independent they'll scare the guys off.

Only happens when they date children.

I dont like people doing stuff esp anything that involves money cos I'll then think I owe them

I dont liking owing people anything.
Re: Miss Independent by A40(m): 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2008
@Cristalz
I didn't know you where so into the song like that

@topic
I would climb Mount Everest,Swim the Pacific and Walk the Atacama desert to find that woman who nor like better thing? A woman that i know would like me for me is the best woman

Cristalz:

Perhaps some ladies worry that if they appear independent they'll scare the guys off. Don't blame them tho.  .  .most guys see such ladies as arrogant, haughty, proud, un-submissive, bla bla.
On the contrary those women would have a hard time keeping me away from them
Re: Miss Independent by Gamine(f): 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2008
I ask Guys out on dates

I pay the bills

Big Deal!
Re: Miss Independent by chika98: 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2008
This is where the confusion sets in. Men don't really know what they want jare. They want an independent woman yet they complain when they get one.
Re: Miss Independent by Morenike3(f): 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2008
KarmaMod:

Only happens when they date children.

I don't like people doing stuff esp anything that involves money because I'll then think I owe them

I don't liking owing people anything.

Don't take money from people, don't loan, etc.

I can't take money from people unless I did sth to deserve it such as working for it or winning it. I don't want to owe anyone, esp a guy that'll later on rub it in my face undecided undecided
undecided
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2008
Hope we re talking  Young,Humble and Beautiful Miss independent
Re: Miss Independent by KarmaMod(f): 9:15pm On Nov 09, 2008
*Morenike:

Don't take money from people, don't loan, etc.

I can't take money from people unless I did sth to deserve it such as working for it or winning it. I don't want to owe anyone, esp a guy that'll later on rub it in my face undecided undecided
undecided

Not sure why women still accept anything sef with the way most dudes go on with "Despite all that Ive bought for her, she still hasnt done this and that for me, can you imagine blah blah"
Re: Miss Independent by Morenike3(f): 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2008
igwe 1:

Hope we re talking Young,Humble and Beautiful Miss independent
No, Old, greedy, and ugly Mr. Nigerian
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2008
*Morenike:

No, Old, greedy, and ugly Mr. Nigerian
lol
you ve not answered my question girl.
Re: Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2008
chika98:

This is where the confusion sets in. Men don't really know what they want jare. They want an independent woman yet they complain when they get one.

Good point.

A-40:

@Cristalz
I didn't know you where so into the song like that

I love it.  .  .especially the video grin
Re: Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2008
igwe 1:

Hope we re talking  Young,Humble and Beautiful Miss independent

If you don't take the ugly independent ones, who will? sad
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2008
Cristalz:

If you don't take the ugly independent ones, who will? sad
Anybody, probably not me,people might think is all about her money.
Re: Miss Independent by iice(f): 1:54am On Nov 10, 2008
KarmaMod:

Not sure why women still accept anything sef with the way most dudes go on with "Despite all that Ive bought for her, she still hasnt done this and that for me, can you imagine blah blah"

So true!

It's like the vex money thing. . .must one depend on the guy for every little single thing?
Re: Miss Independent by Morenike3(f): 5:10am On Nov 10, 2008
What happened to miss independent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTyn6qkwo7Y
Re: Miss Independent by goodass(m): 12:20pm On Nov 10, 2008
Perhaps some ladies worry that if they appear independent they'll scare the guys off. Don't blame them tho. . .most guys see such ladies as arrogant, haughty, proud, un-submissive, bla bla. - cristalz

such ladies berra xpress demselvs as they r. whoeva pre-empts dem bein arrogant na dunce. i tot d taste of d puddin is in d eatin. undecided
Re: Miss Independent by Emperoh(m): 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2008
Hmm nice one Criz
Never knew you to be into romance issues

Miss Independent.
Well one word is missing and i agree totally with Igwe. Submission.
Submissive and humble. . . . no man wants a woman lording it over her. hell no!!!
If you have money cool but allow me take care of things that are my natural responsibility.
For all in the world, you money is needed to plan a better tomorrow for the affair/relationship.

but the moment that money begin to undermine my position in that affair, i back out.
Even if i have got zilch, no woman with all in the world is allowed to lord it over me.
Common sense i propose should take care of issues that becomes problematic and tantamount to bitter disagreement.

Bring on the Miss Independent. . . . . . anyone goes for me sha. the most underlying factor to me is the feeling.
Re: Miss Independent by smooooooth: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2008
nothing like miss independent,all ladies are so dependent,infact the more independnt a lady looks the more dependent she is. back in the days when i used to date students,they were not so dependent,u give whatever they okay,never ask u though,and most times they take care of their stuff,but nowi date those working,they expect u to do everything for them, even their hair and nails.
Re: Miss Independent by fustina: 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2008
That song by Ne-Yo is exactly how i am, when my boyfriend(he's well to do with financially) heard it, he downloaded it for me and brought it to my house for me to watch!!I am not too rich and i am not too poor but i have a job and i am satisfied, i really dont like a lot of gifts but i have a thing for cards,  wink  smileydon't ask me what it is, i dont know!!  smiley
My sister on the other hand loves gifts, not anyhow gift, i mean expensive ones and she always complains that she does not get enough. I on the other hand complain i get too much!!!!
[i]CONCLUSION[/i] smiley
I discovered that if u dont ask the guys for gifts, they give u so much but if u ask, u get less!!!This is because guys love to prove that they can take care of u, its an "ego-thing". I know this is rude but when they give u gifts, whether u like it or not, pretend as if u can get that gift whenever u like, dont behave as if u have just seen heaven, but dont forget to always say "thank u" smiley wink smiley, and tell them not to buy u gifts again that u two, i repetite u two (i did not say he , i said u two)cannot afford to spend money like that!!!!

I STUDIED PSYCOLOGY!!! smiley cheesy cheesy
Re: Miss Independent by HRhotness(f): 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2008
independence is not only about being able to buy yourself stuff, its also about being able to do things for yourself. . . not needing a man to change a light bulb, a fuse or a tire, being able to handle business negotiatons for yourself, being able to fight ur own battles
Re: Miss Independent by iice(f): 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2008
Like him carrying your tinsy winsy purse grin
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2008
fustina:

That song by Ne-Yo is exactly how i am, when my boyfriend(he's well to do with financially) heard it, he downloaded it for me and brought it to my house for me to watch!!I am not too rich and i am not too poor but i have a job and i am satisfied, i really don't like a lot of gifts but i have a thing for cards, wink smileydon't ask me what it is, i don't know!! smiley
My sister on the other hand loves gifts, not anyhow gift, i mean expensive ones and she always complains that she does not get enough. I on the other hand complain i get too much!!!!
[i]CONCLUSION[/i] smiley
I discovered that if u don't ask the guys for gifts, they give u so much but if u ask, u get less!!!This is because guys love to prove that they can take care of u, its an "ego-thing". I know this is rude but when they give u gifts, whether u like it or not, pretend as if u can get that gift whenever u like, don't behave as if u have just seen heaven, but don't forget to always say "thank u" smiley wink smiley, and tell them not to buy u gifts again that u two, i repetite u two (i did not say he , i said u two)cannot afford to spend money like that!!!!

I STUDIED PSYCOLOGY!!! smiley cheesy cheesy
I don't agree with you in that line.
If i gave u and u did not show enough appreciation.I wont be happy to get anything 4 u next time, in short will simple mark you insatiable only b/c you can afford it.
pure arrogance not even rude.
Re: Miss Independent by HRhotness(f): 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2008
iice:

Like him carrying your tinsy winsy purse grin

Exactly! wink

igwe 1:

I don't agree with you in that line.
If i gave u and u did not show enough appreciation.I will find it interesting to give u next time, in short will simple mark you insatiable only b/c you can afford it.
pure arrogance not even rude.

I agree, good manners dictates u r grateful for every gift not becos of what it is or who its from but becos of d sentiment behind it
Re: Miss Independent by goodass(m): 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2008
thou shant b scared, guyz. u'll stil wear d trosers!  grin
Re: Miss Independent by just1n(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2008
I kindaa not dig dat.
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2008
HR.hotness:

independence is not only about being able to buy yourself stuff, its also about being able to do things for yourself. . . not needing a man to change a light bulb, a fuse or a tire, being able to handle business negotiatons for yourself, being able to fight ur own battles
You can say that again, cool cool
No body likes disturbance, Is joy all through for the man to offer his helping hand freely without nagging or what have u.
Lest i forgot the man has to be up and doing too.
this kind of relationship can simple be termed Hakuna matata
jolly dey go. cool cool cool cool

But riches also cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Miss Independent by fustina: 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2008
Igwe 1, lol, calm down, it worked for me, it might not work in ur case, its my experience!!!!!

If changing tyre is the problem, i find a mechanic
If changing the bulb is the problem , i call the maintance/house guard
If the fuse blows up, i call the electrician
If i am assaulted physically, i used my defence lesson skills
I buy what i need and carry my groceries, although it may take me longer than a guy to do this, but i did it at the end of the day!!

Wait, what is the problem guys, why are u angry that most Nigerian ladies are becomin' independent?, lol, U guys complained and now we are changing, u are still complainin', there is no pleasin' yous is there grin !!! wink  wink  smiley  cheesy

PS all the ladies featured on that video were very lovely pretty independent ladies, being an independent lady does not mean u are ugly or fat, dont hate player!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? / Vaseline Crew, You Need To See This Big Boobs O / How Long Did Your Virginity Sex Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.