Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal (63710 Views)

Nigeria's Arms Deal: NAF Fires Indicted Officers, Appoints New Aocs, Psos / Arms Deal Goes Wrong Again As South Africa Seizes Nigerian's $5.7million / Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Dayoara: 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
Seriously,these matter has being occuring ever before now,it just recently became a public issue ever since Nigeria overtook S/A in the economy then rivalry emerge between two elephants...but i pity the future of these nation.....which way Nigeria. We have wicked representathieves and blind and fad politrickcians.
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nigerians aren't as smart as they claimed to be. When are we going to start behaving like civilized people and make use of our senses? $9 million was seized in the past and yet another $5.7 million was sent again. That is sh*t! If I am South African government I would use the money to develop some part of Townships for the poor. That is fair enough to me! angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Omimah: 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
BlackTechnology:

If GEJ wants to launder money, no one will catch him just as they couldn't catch Obj Ibb Abacha etc

To me this is a wake up call to

#InvolveOurHigherInstitutionsInWeaponsDevelopmentAsDICONmassProduce
There is confusion among those of us without direct link with the governments of both Nigeria and South Africa. While we may conclude that it is money laudering, the SA government won't only see it as such, but also a case of an attempt to purchase arms illegally.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Michky: 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
Codedrock:
Umm... That aint ma concern actually.. But the below is..

Lmao............................

One day Akpors came very late to class and the following conversation ensued between him and the teacher:
Teacher: Akpors why are you late?
Akpors: One man lost 1000 naira at the bus stop.
Teacher: Wow, that’s good of you Akpors, you were helping him search for the money right?
Akpors: I dey mad? na me stand on top am since!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE JOKES LIKE THIS!

give me some likes guys..
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by adultdesigner: 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
S.A una don try ooo
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by olajide8(m): 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:

A wise man once said believe nothing you read and half of only what you see.
Hahahahaha the white man also said if you want to hide something from a black man put it in books- because they know the likes of so many would never read to enlighten their minds*-
Goosh - as young as you are you have sold the birth right, and that of your generations unborn- their is NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE* - the names and identities would soon be revealed - note, their is another fact that N1+Billion is stuck in S.A, because the company we are supposedly bying things from has issues of registration, its also owned by a nigerian in south africa- *what an easy way to launder money*- whereas, to get a government contract which we never get because GEJ and his cohorts are cornering nigeria - they would ask for you dead grand mothers head*- come to think of it, you never knew the identity of those that flew in a plane to south africa until a few days later- whether you want to continue to live like this is your business - bt make sure it stays in your house- for your information- so many laws have been broken in a country where so many laws exist- corruption and money laundering is done in hard cash* not by wire* - and by those that have the ability and links (politicians in power)-

6 Likes

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Chris95(m): 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
Y are y'all blaming GEJ...did he carry d moni himself in suitcase nd walk into SA.. yes he is d preisdent but dat doesn't mean he does/ gives order 4 everythin dat goes on in d country.. 4 Bleep sake hes jux one man outta a hundred nd seventy million people. Mayb u shuld blame GEJ wen nxt ur car breaks down.
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by dave64610: 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nigeria have a very weak & dull president

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by RebelLeader15(m): 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
Its like they use Papa Iron Orithiefsejafor 2nd private jet...

Ayam not suprice at this GEJ "egbani elaja Govt"......

GEJ and his boys, investing in arms and ammunition since the days of MEND
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by fxskye: 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
Donsheddy:
i wonder if u all read d post. Or u jst went ahead to comment.
The money was nt smuggle into S.A by air or in cash. It was wired into the company act. Bt d owner of d company tried to wire d money back to Nigeria cus it has nt renewed d company operation 4 2 months.
The bank suspected the cash nd reported to S.A
GOVERNMENT 4 INVESTIGATION. Haba

The transaction is another show of shame. It doesn't matter wether it's wired or cashed because FG didn't do due diligent of the company it wanted to transact with.

So, GEJ admin has displayed another level of clueless.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by bundur(m): 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hit like if u ar here 2 read comments jst lyk me

1 Like

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Litmus: 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
angry
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by fxskye: 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Chris95:
Y are y'all blaming GEJ...did he carry d moni himself in suitcase nd walk into SA.. yes he is d preisdent but dat doesn't mean he does/ gives order 4 everythin dat goes on in d country.. 4 Bleep sake hes jux one man outta a hundred nd seventy million people. Mayb u shuld blame GEJ wen nxt ur car breaks down.

Stu.piid comment. As a leader, he's responsible for action of all his workers because he appointed them.
Moreover, of all allegations of corruptions, GEJ shows no concerns and also defends his errand boys. Or what would you conclude about a president who did nothing investigating alleged $20B by d suspended CBN Gov. And came out on air to tell d whole world that if such money was missing in Nigeria economy that America would know?

6 Likes

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by collinsVP: 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
It is appalling that these events of money laundry happened in quick succession. Honestly the entire payment arrangement was what brought about the scandal. As for those of us abusing GEJ, I can't imagine a president given directive down to the level of mode of payment to use in the arm purchase. I blame the subordinate to GEj who made the operation arrangement.
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by cityoftruth: 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
$9.3 million + $5.7 million = $15 million

Uneven division to avoid suspicion.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Stoical: 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
Virgindove:
FOOL! that is who you are. A genuine Nigerian with love of this country at heart would be worried about the present state of things.The least we can do to show our disatisfaction is to constructively criticise a bad government. Keep mute if you have nothing positive to contribute.

Really, listen to yourself...constructive criticism you say. I haven't had time to read your post, but if you must quote me, take my advice and get the gist in any news before you handle your keypad. Dear, thanks for calling me names for no reason, only try and remain wise, as you claim. If I don't love Nigeria, it wouldn't be a hidden thing. I still assert that being worried about the present condition of Nigeria is not a problem, but staying worried and making statements like "I am not proud to be a Nigerian", proves how foolish such a person is.

So, Virgin, remain a dove that you are and stop your name-calling attitude.
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by olajide8(m): 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
Chris95:

He is not just one man in a million, his the supposed president of the federal republic of nigeria- incharge of all issues of security, meaning his aware of the purchases- now the purchase of arms is approved by him* as the C-in-C* - I would like to ask, the raw cash was taken from the central bank on whose's approval or orders* yours the minister of finance or a higher authority? In my submission -their must have been an executive veto - if not it wouldnt have gotten that far, now come to think of it, that's what happens when an incompetent person -is in power* he has to much powers as the president as an individual not an institution- to explain more for clarity - he appoints and approves the I.G, DIG's, AIG's, the CJN, President of the Court of appeal, high court judges for the 36 states indirectly through the NJC - they submit a report to him on their affairs, the senate president under the guise of federal character/zoning* the house of reps and other members of the house - permanent secretaries in Federal ministries, are appointed and ratified by him, Director Generals, defence chief's, ministers, ambassadors, his S.A's and advisors- this is me trying to explain how much power he wields, and why the bulk stops on his table- he can single handedly close the airport, close the roads- order us to remain indoors- its endless, and that makes, him a dangerous clueless person, with to much power- so he SHOULD BE BLAMED and HELD RESPONSIBLE*

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
its sad; some Nigerians will still blame GEJ for their inability to poo.
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by omegafeetal(m): 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
Chris95:

distorted thinking, foolish expression

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by EldaTimba(m): 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
Virgindove:
This your response shows how dumb and myopic you are. May God manage your life as GEJ is managing the affairs of this country. Just post your AMEN.
Ignored
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
Chris95:
I feel like sniffing a bit of your cocaine. Can I?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by duni04(m): 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
collinsVP:
It is appalling that these events of money laundry happened in quick succession. Honestly the entire payment arrangement was what brought about the scandal. As for those of us abusing GEJ, I can't imagine a president given directive down to the level of mode of payment to use in the arm purchase. I blame the subordinate to GEj who made the operation arrangement.
Oga this burst was an attempt at money laundering. Some highly placed people in Abuja were trying to smuggle money into SA. If they were there to purse national interests, they would have been provided with diplomatic clearance before travelling and would not have been subjected to any search. Plus they used the private jet of a close friend of the president. This is money laundering that goes way up! Thats why they're bribing members of the national assembly to look the other way.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
I'm surprised a bomb blast hasn't occurred yet to distract everyone's attention. Then again it usually happens a day after the incident they're trying to distract everyone from. So, I guess they're still mixing the bomb making ingredients and we should be hearing news of havoc in a Northern state soonest....
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by theripper3: 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
Looks like a delibrate attempt to mask the intention of the first seizure. No government would be this dumb. However, Jonathan seems to be gifted at taking cluelessness to a whole new level.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Mclick(m): 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
There is more to all these, I smell a fow play. This is power play. But how come they had to go ahead with another deal without resolving the first issue. FFK we are waiting for you to let us into what happen then, will shall be able to turn the table around and look at the opposition probably
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by alexis007(m): 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
...all these comments....and yet we claim to know lincoln's quote....'don't think of what your country can do for you,think of what you can do for your country'...we claim GEJ is an inassertive leader and the govt. is crappy,and yet all we can put up as reaction is just these destructive criticisms......as 4 S.A....this is her idea of gratitude to our priceless assistance during her apartheid crisis.....because international laws or not...arms deals share similarities with drug-cartel biz.....and where the 2 are involved....shady and under-the-counter stuffs must take place....that awkward moment when an african country betray her pal 'cause she's a U.S puppet and must do its bidding...
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Temptee101(m): 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
Must we continue dis way? I pity my dear country cool

1 Like

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Nuezha(m): 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dotman01:
'Dumb' is an under-statement.
$9.3+$5.7=$15million.

Chicken change; Ibori's bribe money to (extinct) Ribadu.

I sorry sorry oooo.
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by kolomax(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
What a lovely questions by a brilliant 9ja guy
First Arms Deal $9.3 million. Second Arms Deal $5.7 million. All
siezed by South African Government in South Africa in the
name of backyard or illegal arms deal.
From which Federation account is such money withdrawn??
Why must the arms deal be illegal?? Who are the South African
dealers, are they known by the Southern African
Government?
Where is our brilliant Economics Mummy Ngozi, is she aware
of such money?
What about our Senate why the silence, why will South
African Government be confisticating our money for a deal our
Government takes responsibility for What is really
happening to our country Who is hiding something......
Yes we have a Security Challenge but does it justify us buying
arms "illegally" as accused??
Why must those in Leadership subject our National Image to
such rediclous questioning
I Pray for a Transparent Nigeria where Justice and Peace shall
reign.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by BlackTechnology: 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
alexis007:
...all these comments....and yet we claim to know lincoln's quote....'don't think of what your country can do for you,think of what you can do for your country'...we claim GEJ is an inassertive leader and the govt. is crappy,and yet all we can put up as reaction is just these destructive criticisms......as 4 S.A....this is her idea of gratitude to our priceless assistance during her apartheid crisis.....because international laws or not...arms deals share similarities with drug-cartel biz.....and where the 2 are involved....shady and under-the-counter stuffs must take place....that awkward moment when an african country betray her pal 'cause she's a U.S puppet and must do its bidding...

God bless you

I am ashame of Nigerians who think this is money laundering

If GEJ wants to steal money, nobody will know

Obj Ibb Danjunma Abacha etc are examples of people whose stolen wealth are untraceable

To me this is a wake up call to

#InvolveOurHigherInstitutionsInWeaponsDevelopmentAsDICONmassProduce

GEJ should wake up

This thing show that in the event of an international backed coup, we will be weaponless to fight them
Re: South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal by Dee60: 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
Expect a committee to be set up shortly. The re-cycled members are still there to join another committee. You know them!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Welcomes Another Son With Mystery Woman (Photo) / Abacha Used Lipstick To Coat His Cracked Lips At A Summit In 1997 (photo) / Governor Akeredolu Returns To Nigeria After 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.